AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-06-23, 08:08   Link #1
ShellyKukai

Blood+

Dedicated the any and all of the 3 manga series inspired by the I.G animimation TV series Blood+. And because I'm in a good mood feel free to discuss Blood the Last Vampire 2002, the graphic novel inspired by the original film Blood the Last Vampire, as well. To my knowledge the last is the only manga available in english. It was published by Viz I believe.

Information on various manga can be found at http://www.blood.tv/comic/index.html

Blood+ Adagio (aka Blood+ A) set during the Russian Revolution. Like all of the below except for Blood 2002, not licensed. But has yet to be picked up by any scanslation group.

Blood+ set during the present. Serialized in Shounen Ace. Follows the plot of the TV series with some twist. General consensus is that this manga, although inspired by the TV series, is in fact superior to the original in quality for various reasons. Beacuse, well it's just better than the anime >_< This was picked up by a 1-person group known as "A" but sadly is no longer being scanslated. The result is the first 3 chapters are out there in translation. Volume 3 is to be released in August.

BLOOD+ City of the Walking Dead Currently being translated by No-Deadline Manga Scanslation Group . Published in Ciel magazine. Set in Shanghai, centers around Hagi's search for Saya and resulting complications. May not be for individuals uninterested in boy love/yaoi. But Isn't so intense, as in I'm not a yaoi fan but find it interesting enough.

Blood 2002

As always check manganews.net for available english chapters. As far as I know raws are also available on the web.

Last edited by ShellyKukai; 2006-07-26 at 23:10.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 16:58   Link #2
ShellyKukai

*crickets chirp*

Last edited by ShellyKukai; 2006-07-26 at 23:09.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 23:27   Link #3
RingoPango
=w=

HEY how come noone's interested in this topic

Anyho ShellyKukai I hope you are still interested in this topic^^

Do you know where I can find scanlations of Blood+ Adagio?
I found this site which has some scans but only vol1 (+ some other Blood+ manga series). And the scans are in Japanese....are there any English ones out there (of both volumns)???

What's so different from the Blood+ manga to the anime? I saw the last chapter available on that site but it seemed pretty similar to the anime....
RingoPango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 16:55   Link #4
*Alucard

This topic is quite sad.
And the series is not that great ether.
*Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 05:31   Link #5
RingoPango
=w=

What's wrong with this topic? I really like Blood+ (the anime).

I saw parts of the manga, the style is not that great, however I'm still interested in the story.
Old 2007-05-01, 20:16   Link #6
BlackMadonna

Hello everyone,
I watched the anime and the movie, also a manga part set 30-40yrs after the events in blood the last vampire. I think the story in any of it's storylines is amazing. I do hate diva's "plotting" and air headed attitude but she is such a powerful and charming villain at the same time.
As for Saya i remember i stopped watching like 2-3 episodes as if i was on strike because i couldn't get over her cry baby attitude. Dunno she seemed more determined and stuff in the movie than her blood+ counterpart.
BlackMadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 01:03   Link #7
RingoPango
=w=

^ I agree with what you said about Saya :P She crys a bit too much....she seems to rely on her friends and Hagi a lot (even thou she says she doesn't want to rely on anyone).....like Hagi is always saving her, and Solomon too....even Kai. However I still like her (and Hagi)^^ but I like Diva a bit more she's so cute XD even thou she's tad crazy, but it's not really her fault that she ended up evil. I think her Japanese VA did a great job!
Actually I find all the main characters pretty likeable.

So with the manga that you read, is it the one that starts off similar to the TV series? Have you read Blood+ Adagio?

In a way I don't really see much character connection between Blood:The Last Vampire and the Blood+ TV series :P and the drawing style is so different. I prefer the Blood+ style more.....^^
Old 2007-05-02, 17:29   Link #8
Angelhairpasta

Send a message via Yahoo to Angelhairpasta
I've only seen the anime so far. But the other sound intrising too. Love the charecters in the series by the way. Very well dipickted..
Angelhairpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 05:29   Link #9
RingoPango
=w=

You can find scans of the other Blood+ manga series here.
But they're in Japanese ....
Old 2007-07-07, 00:37   Link #10
mukuro5

I love the anime but the Blood+ manga is different in the way it goes. I do enjoy the Blood+ manga since it's funny.

Blood+ - City of the Night Walkers is a good one. I enjoyed that one alot. Hagi is super cute. ^_^

Okay. I found v01 and v02 of Blood+ in english at http://manga-dls.mberendes.eu/catego...65e2afd7d373a1

I found Blood+ - City of the Night Walkers at http://community.livejournal.com/nodeadline/profile but you have to add the Scanlator to be able to down the the manga scans.

Blood+ Adagio is at http://www.doujinmonkey.com/tfwblood.html

Last edited by mukuro5; 2007-07-07 at 00:59.
mukuro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 16:50   Link #11
sultana
Ooh La La....

thanks mukuro.

p/s: Does anyone know where I can get scans (raw or scanlated) of Blood + doujinshis?? Thanks

Last edited by sultana; 2007-07-09 at 16:08.
sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 19:46   Link #12
sapphiregirl

I don't understand why ppl don't like blood+. I Love it!!! (especially the haginess) well n e way, there are two volumes translated in english of Blood+.

http://www.manga-download.org/category.php?id=14

bye bye!!
sapphiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:30   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Boy, that manga ended differently than the series...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote