AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-23, 09:55   Link #1
NeoHunter
BBAC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont, the Green Mountain State.
[Manga] Final Akatsuki Member (spoilers)

Now that we have ment Hidan and Kakuzu, there is only one Akatsuki member that we have not seen. This gives me the feeling that this person is someone who we have already seen or will recognize, since they are the last member being shown to us. Also, it seems like each Akatsuki member is from a different village.

Itachi=Leaf
Kisame=Mist
Leader=?
Zetsu=Grass
Deidara=Rock
Sasori=Sand
Hidan=Rain
Kakuzu=Waterfall

This leaves only the hidden Cloud village. We haven't met very many people from hidden Cloud village though. My guess is that the last Akatsuki member will be someone who we don't know is a ninja, who we think is dead, or we don't know much about.
__________________

NeoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 10:39   Link #2
shaselai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
you forgot one more guy... they are 9 total

There are many villages out there though... Sound was introduced... also in anime i think couple new ones were introduced as well but probably not that significant since they were fillers.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 10:58   Link #3
NeoHunter
BBAC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont, the Green Mountain State.
Uhh... no im pretty sure that there's only one left. The ones we know are:

1. Kisame
2. Itachi
3. Leader
4. Zetsu
5. Kakuzu
6. Hidan
7. Deidara
8. Sasori

And you're right, there were some other villages that were introduced, like Hidden Moon village, and Hidden Smoke (Haze) village, but I doubt we'll see anything important from them. As for Sound, Orochimaru was already in Akatsuki, and there dosen't seem to be anyone else that we know of in Sound village, who is either important or still alive.
__________________

NeoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 11:04   Link #4
Kinder
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
you forgot one more guy... they are 9 total

There are many villages out there though... Sound was introduced... also in anime i think couple new ones were introduced as well but probably not that significant since they were fillers.
The other guy is that one that has like a wirl in his face, he took Sasori's ring if i'm not mistaken
Perhaps he is new in Akatsuki
Spoiler:
Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 12:06   Link #5
Vis!on
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Yondaime is leader op akatsuki

proof:

Look at eyes,, they match

Anyways i believe this 90% for sure.
Vis!on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 12:18   Link #6
Neton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
http://sabaku.net/blog/Immagini/akatsuki.png

As you can see, their are 9 members.
Neton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:09   Link #7
xyz
none
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lyon (France)
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neton
http://sabaku.net/blog/Immagini/akatsuki.png

As you can see, their are 9 members.
Abd so far we know 8 of them:

1. Kisame
2. Itachi
3. Leader
4. Zetsu
5. Kakuzu
6. Hidan
7. Deidara
8. Sasori (dead)

the one left is the Akatsuki Kunoichi who Kishimoto was talking about months ago in an interview.

Also it appear that Sasori may have been replaced by the guy who took his ring so the the Akatsuki is still a group of 9 people.

And about the village thing., Orochimaru and Itachi were both in the Akatsuki before Oro left so it's not really one Akatsuki per village....also it wouldn't be surprising that the leader is from Konoha because after all it's the center of the narutoverse....everything really great or evil is related to Konoha at some point.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:29   Link #8
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Kishimoto never mentioned an Akatsuki Kunoichi in his last interview. He talked about a strong Kunoichi and new Akatsuki.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:37   Link #9
Arti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Kishimoto never mentioned an Akatsuki Kunoichi in his last interview. He talked about a strong Kunoichi and new Akatsuki.
Then that is probably the new jinchuuriki.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:41   Link #10
xyz
none
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lyon (France)
Age: 29
I didn't found the original source of the Japanese interview but here's what was post on the Naruto fan board.

Since I don't know the original source of the Japanese part I couldn't say that this information are accurate but assuming this is a true interview then there is definitely a Kunoichi in the Akatsuki ^_^

>>暁はこれから良いデザインの奴が登場。
かなり強いくの一も暁には居るとの事。

>>An Akatsuki member with a great design will appear.
A quite strong Kunoichi will also be in the Akatsuki.

The English translation on the Naruto fan board could be misunderstood coz the translator didn't repeat the part that say "In Akatsuki" in his translation but there is no doubt in the Japanese text.
I couldn't really explain Japanese Grammar in English but here is a rought analyse of the sentence:

かなり強い -> quite strong
くの一 -> Kunoichi
も -> also
暁に -> in Akatsuki
は -> topic marker particle
居るとの事。-> to be (the verb is aways at the end in Japanese)

Last edited by xyz; 2006-06-23 at 20:00.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:49   Link #11
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Hmmm I saw that Translation and it said this:

>>A nicely designed person will soon make an appearance in Akatsuki. And also a kunoichi of considerable strength.

Did you made the translation yourself parting from the Kanji you exposed?
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:14   Link #12
xyz
none
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lyon (France)
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Hmmm I saw that Translation and it said this:

>>A nicely designed person will soon make an appearance in Akatsuki. And also a kunoichi of considerable strength.

Did you made the translation yourself parting from the Kanji you exposed?
Yes I made the translation myself from the Japanese text, I'm a 2nd years college student in Japanese language, culture and literature and even if I'm far from being fluent I could manage to translate some littles sentences like that

The "and" in the Naruto Fan translation is just to avoid the repetition of "in Akatsuki" but the meaning is the same as in my translation.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:22   Link #13
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz
Yes I made the translation myself from the Japanese text, I'm a 2nd years college student in Japanese language, culture and literature and even if I'm far from being fluent I could manage to translate some littles sentences like that

The "and" in the Naruto Fan translation is just to avoid the repetition of "in Akatsuki" but the meaning is the same as in my translation.
it was not necessary for you to spit your curriculum, I’m fine with you just telling me that you know Japanese.

I don’t doubt that you made the correct translation, But, we should be careful of the use “And”. And “In”. Could you explain me a little how the “And” could have the same use or rol like “in” (in the Japanese translation to the english), and not as way of adding a new sentence that it is independent from the last one.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:37   Link #14
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Have we confirmed that Hidan is from the Rain? It could be Grass, seein as how there's 3 lines, sometimes the 2 diagonal lines aren't shown.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:47   Link #15
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm
Have we confirmed that Hidan is from the Rain? It could be Grass, seein as how there's 3 lines, sometimes the 2 diagonal lines aren't shown.
-I think that he's from the Hidden Rain village since they are the one's whose headband consists of 3 straight vertical lines.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:49   Link #16
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Actually Rain would make more sense seeing as how Zetsu's already from the Grass. But I was thinking the Rain had four vertical lines instead of three. Actually it does have four.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 16:04   Link #17
Blaine
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm
Actually Rain would make more sense seeing as how Zetsu's already from the Grass. But I was thinking the Rain had four vertical lines instead of three. Actually it does have four.
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/8...to312166vf.jpg

If we compare the headbands to the list of contries here

http://www.leafninja.com/country.php

They match hidden rain and hidden waterfall
__________________
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 16:22   Link #18
xyz
none
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lyon (France)
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Could you explain me a little how the “And” could have the same use or rol like “in” (in the Japanese translation to the english), and not as way of adding a new sentence that it is independent from the last one.

It's not that it has the same role...like I said the use of "and" in the translation is just to avoid the repetition of "in Akatsuki" coz it's bit redundant in English to say:

>>An Akatsuki member with a great design will appear.
A quite strong Kunoichi will also be in the Akatsuki.

From a syntax POV it seems better to say:

>>An Akatsuki member with a great design will appear.
And also a quite strong Kunoichi ("in Akatsuki" is implied).

Japanese syntax is way different than English and there is not really the same problem of redundancy, so both sentences inclued the word 暁/Akatsuki in Japanese without making an impression of a superfluous repetition.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 18:42   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz
It's not that it has the same role...like I said the use of "and" in the translation is just to avoid the repetition of "in Akatsuki" coz it's bit redundant in English to say:
No the use of "and" meant that the translator edited his translation after he decided that both sentences weren't refering to the same person but to two different Akatsuki.

And personally I don't think the sentence implies that the "frigtheningly strong" Kunoichi is necessarily from Akatsuki.
I would rather interpret the sentence as a very strong Kunoichi and Akatsuki being [there]/apparing.

Ie what's appening with this chapter.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 19:36   Link #20
xyz
none
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lyon (France)
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No the use of "and" meant that the translator edited his translation after he decided that both sentences weren't refering to the same person but to two different Akatsuki.

And personally I don't think the sentence implies that the "frigtheningly strong" Kunoichi is necessarily from Akatsuki.
I would rather interpret the sentence as a very strong Kunoichi and Akatsuki being [there]/appearing.

Ie what's appening with this chapter.


Before making any interpretation about a translation even if you don't understand Japanese let's re-start from the beginning !!

Here is the two sentences in Japanese ->

はこれから良いデザインの奴が登場。
かなり強いくの一もには居るとの事。


You can see that in both sentences there is the kanji (which is Akatsuki -> dawn in English) so obviously both sentences are talking about the Akatsuki right ?


Since my translation of the 1st sentence is pretty much the same that the one on the Naruto Fan Board I guess you think that it's correct.
Now for the second sentences I already have made a rough translation which is:

かなり強い -> quite strong
くの一 -> Kunoichi
も -> also
暁に -> in Akatsuki
は -> topic marker particle
居るとの事。-> to be (the verb is aways at the end in Japanese)

is definitely Akatsuki you can check on any kanji dictionary online/paper or in Wikipedia etc...
Next the kanji of akatsuki there is the particle に / ni you can find more information about it & simple examples here -> http://www.thejapanesepage.com/reada...icle_id=163#20 and you'll understand what means 暁に...
If you need more example:
日本に... -> In Japan
図書館に... -> In the library
部屋に... -> In the room

...like I said it's to avoid a repetition.

Last edited by xyz; 2006-06-23 at 20:59.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.