AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-07-05, 13:15   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

The animation sometimes gave me a feeling of Noein: detail sacrificed to motion. Some of the motions are extremely smooth and detailed, like when she walked across in front of the wall on the roof of the school. As a complete amateur, I hesitate to make any statement about animation in front of DaFool, but that's what I see, anyway. Low budget, perhaps, but for me it works aesthetically. Bright colors are not a requirement of good art. And the character design is a perfect adapatation of the strange but interesting look of the manga.

After reading negative reviews here and elsewhere, I went back and watched ep1 again -- and liked it even more. What's important is the human relationships and feelings. Anyone who's bored by her interesting relations with her classmates will certainly not enjoy the show. There will definitely be no goth-lolis with machine guns in this one (I don't think). Her feelings, as I experienced them, when she was sitting there about to be served at the restaurant, were wonderful.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr | Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka to Assistant | Inugami to Nekoyama | Soul Eater Not | No Game No Life | Gochuumon Usagi? | Nanana's Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou | Minna Kawaisou | Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong | Blade & Soul
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 16:19   Link #22
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The animation sometimes gave me a feeling of Noein: detail sacrificed to motion. Some of the motions are extremely smooth and detailed, like when she walked across in front of the wall on the roof of the school. As a complete amateur, I hesitate to make any statement about animation in front of DaFool, but that's what I see, anyway. Low budget, perhaps, but for me it works aesthetically. Bright colors are not a requirement of good art. And the character design is a perfect adapatation of the strange but interesting look of the manga.

After reading negative reviews here and elsewhere, I went back and watched ep1 again -- and liked it even more. What's important is the human relationships and feelings. Anyone who's bored by her interesting relations with her classmates will certainly not enjoy the show. There will definitely be no goth-lolis with machine guns in this one (I don't think). Her feelings, as I experienced them, when she was sitting there about to be served at the restaurant, were wonderful.
wow, i feel the exact same way. i think people have their expectations up from haruhi and similar shows, but this show isn't about the asthethics. anyone who's been in love or in a similar situation to nana knows how she's feelings. it gets the point across well. you feel for her.
Old 2006-07-06, 22:40   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

I've blogged the first episode. For a contrary point of view, see Random Curiosity.

On 2channel, Japanese fans are very split. Some people just hate everything about this show. Some love it and like the first-time seiyuu. I've included details about the seiyuus and the staff in the blog entry. Or you can find them earlier in this thread.

People on 2channel have taken to calling Yamamoto Yuri, the girl who felt ill on the hike, by the name "Nagato," after the similarly silent Nagato Yuki, the humanoid data interface in Suzumiya Haruhi.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr | Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka to Assistant | Inugami to Nekoyama | Soul Eater Not | No Game No Life | Gochuumon Usagi? | Nanana's Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou | Minna Kawaisou | Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong | Blade & Soul
Old 2006-07-06, 23:57   Link #24
Decel

Indeed, this show seems very polarized, and I haven't even seen it yet. Seems however, from what I've read so far, that I'll be leaning towards the negative side.
Old 2006-07-08, 10:01   Link #25
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's similar to Simoun. It's either you hate it or you love it. I have to wait for the sub to understand the story, or it hasn't struck me as really good yet that I have to watch the raw before I watch the sub.

(Although OT, since many of you know more than me in anime, H&C II seems to get rave reviews from both Japanese and English-subbed viewers, right? It sure seemed that way for me.)
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:09   Link #26
Decel

I didn't even watch the first H&C yet.

Any groups showing interest in subbing this yet?
Old 2006-07-08, 11:15   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Solar-Fansubs and C1 have already subbed the first episode of the second season and have also subbed the first season in its entirety.

Going back, I haven't seen any Bokura ga Ita subs yet; hopefully, it will be good because of Akitaroh Daichi. Otherwise ... I don't really expect much.
Old 2006-07-08, 12:58   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
...Any groups showing interest in subbing this yet?
According to AndrewLB's wiki, ureshii plans to sub Bokura ga Ita. There are already four different Chinese subs of ep1.
Old 2006-07-08, 23:47   Link #29
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

ZOMG. I totally misread that question ... I think Kaoru hit the mark closer.
Old 2006-07-11, 11:30   Link #30
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
episode two was just as marvelous for me, many great moments with perfect timing to both amuse and move... I love the simple feel of the show...
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 09:24   Link #31
Kudo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

Genre: Romance, Shoujou.

Expected Relelase Date: July 4, 2006
Btw, it's should be shoujo, without the extra "u".
Kudo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 13:14   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

I've blogged episode 2, which I liked at least as much as episode 1. I think Sasaki Nozomi, the new young seiyuu, really has something. It's only two episodes, so things could still fall apart, but the story is shaping up nicely, and I find the characters sympathetic and interesting. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like shoujo romance, but I would recommend it to everyone who does.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-24 at 14:41.
Old 2006-07-15, 12:15   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Still waiting for a fansub to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudo-kun
Btw, it's should be shoujo, without the extra "u".
Fixed! Thanks.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 14:35   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Still waiting for a fansub to watch it....
Ureshii's projects page lists Bokura ga Ita as an active project: 26 episodes, with translator in place.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:19   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Ureshii's projects page lists Bokura ga Ita as an active project: 26 episodes, with translator in place.
That is good news! They are a good fan subbing group. Thanks Kaoru! I just hope Ureshi would be able to finish with Nishi no Yoki Majo, a wonderful 13 episodes series, before they dive into FOUR new projects.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 14:13   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

The same person (JRY_RY) is listed as translator for Westwitch, Nana, and Bokura, among other projects. S/he has good taste. When you want a job done right, give it to someone who's already doing too much. Sad but true.

In the meantime, I have blogged episode three. I'm doing them in some detail, at least until the fansubs start to come out.

I notice that there are already four different Chinese subs of episode 3 available. And one more for ep1, making a total of six for ep1 and five for ep2. The show does seem to have Chinese fans, at any rate. I hasten to add that I'm not criticizing the lack of English subs at all, just amazed at the speed and productivity of Chinese fansubbers.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-19 at 16:41.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:53   Link #37
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

sigh i wanna watch this anime...i love lovey animes like this!! cant wait till english subs come out...im chinese, but i cant read it TT_TT so sad
Old 2006-07-24, 11:28   Link #38
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Well I watched the first episode by Triad this morning and I have to say I love it! It reminds me alot of Aishiteruze Baby in art style, and it's slow pace, but emphasize on character development and interaction. I'm definetly going to look forward to watching this weekly.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 12:49   Link #39
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

So, I guess it's time to move this thread to the fansubs forum, ne?

Mmm, for the art style, Kare Kano came to mind ^^
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 13:35   Link #40
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

yay i just finished watching the first episode with subs and i love it!! i loved it when i watched the raw with out understanding it and i love it now! im all over these types of relationship animes, they are so good! cant wait to watch the next episodes =D

Tags
romance, slice of life