AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-01, 11:21   Link #81
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Spoiler:

so are you gonna blog the fifth episode kaoru chujo?
Old 2006-08-01, 21:52   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
...so are you gonna blog the fifth episode kaoru chujo?
Yes. And what a joy it was to do. hashihime.blogspot.com

There are a couple of bits I didn't quite get, so I'll edit the blog if and when one of the Chinese subs solves the problems for me (three are out so far).
Spoiler for ep5questions:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 00:50   Link #83
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Yes. And what a joy it was to do. hashihime.blogspot.com

There are a couple of bits I didn't quite get, so I'll edit the blog if and when one of the Chinese subs solves the problems for me (three are out so far).
A pleasure always to read your perspectives, KaoruC. My own understanding of Japanese is spotty and your blogs help quite a bit. And since this is the place where the most English discussion of BGI is taking place, I signed up.

Spoiler:
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 01:16   Link #84
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash
Spoiler:
I watched that bit again and I agree. Thanks.
Spoiler for ep5:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2006-08-02, 01:36   Link #85
AisuruMirai
箱者

I think I can agree w/ every positive thing everyone has written here. I hadn't heard anything about it before the first raw appeared, but I'm glad I picked it up. I've watched the 1st 3 episodes & just read Kaoru Chujo's blog posts & will now watch 4. (5 isn't yet available to me.) Along w/ Honey & Clover II & Nana, Bokura ga Ita is a show whose every episode I will see both raw & subbed--w/ a visit to 橋姫 somewhere in between.

Regarding the voice of Takahashi Nanami: To what extent credit is due to the material & to the seiyuu I don't know, but I'm especially admiring how Nanami's voice is her own voice & seems unacted, how so much character & emotional content come forth from the way her voice wavers or breaks or stammers or stops. I find that a lot of the humor--maybe most of it--comes from Sasaki Nozomi's incredible delivery of Nana's lines. The humor would be there w/o her particular delivery, perhaps, but it wouldn't be nearly as there. Know what I mean?

The similarity to KareKano is something that I noticed from the very beginning, too, & I was also surprised that it didn't get mentioned earlier. Washing out some of the background &/or characters was done frequently in KareKano & is more frequent here. I can understand that it screams "low budget" to some, but I consider it a pleasing part of the visual style & think that, by cutting out some of the visual details, it adds emphasis & intimacy to the "real content" of the show. Lots of close-ups add to the intimacy level, too.

では、
「アイシテル」未来

& by the way, it's nice to see Kuwashima Houko as your avatar, Kaoru Chujo.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 09:04   Link #86
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

just a guess...i think takeuchi likes nanami...=/

and thanks for the summary kaoru chujo, i watched the fifth episode in chinese raw and the movie part was so cute >w<
Old 2006-08-03, 09:11   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode two was far to good. The level of drama's just perfect for this type of story & characters.

I like the fact that they didn't get together straight away after Nana's confession, she still needs time to gather all her feelings into once place for Yano.. as for that guy, well its good he's not just your typical school kid. He's been through a lot which we got to see this episode - though i have a feeling he also wants to learn more about his own feelings for Nana.

& you just gotta love Nana's different hair-styles, she's such a cute character.
Old 2006-08-03, 11:20   Link #88
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Episode two was far to good. The level of drama's just perfect for this type of story & characters.

I like the fact that they didn't get together straight away after Nana's confession, she still needs time to gather all her feelings into once place for Yano.. as for that guy, well its good he's not just your typical school kid. He's been through a lot which we got to see this episode - though i have a feeling he also wants to learn more about his own feelings for Nana.

& you just gotta love Nana's different hair-styles, she's such a cute character.
Just watched episode 2 subbed and I agree with you completely. I'm anxiously waiting the next few episodes.
Old 2006-08-04, 13:06   Link #89
yura`

This is definitely a series I'm following through till the end! As mentioned by others, this is certainly a beautiful drama with an interesting storyline. There's a lot of backstory yet to be explored, and the mysteries surrounding Yano's past are yet to be answered. Add Nana's unique character and various other factors, and there you go - instantly hooked. Haha. I certainly can't wait for the next few subbed episodes! Having said that, I must commend the fansub groups for their efforts in subbing this series.

My favourite scene from this particular episode has got to be when Nana-chan "wants to kill Yano"; the seiyuu was absolutely amazing in bringing her to life, especially when she is drawing the mustache on Yano's face in the picture they took together - don't you just love the change in the tone of her voice when Yuri interrupts her? Lol.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 19:50   Link #90
ShingoKun
Hot.. Hot!!

Send a message via AIM to ShingoKun Send a message via MSN to ShingoKun
Need more Bokura ga Ita!! EP 2 was good. i saw a chinese sub of ep 4 and want to watch it right now cuz its the moment ive been waiting for.

BTW, does anyone have that ED song for episode 1? I cant find it online. If so, PM me plz.
ShingoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:51   Link #91
CrYsYs
殺害

YESSSS and I thought I wouldn't be able to get my romance anime fix anytime soon. Great series...I've been waiting for something like this for a while.
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 14:59   Link #92
AisuruMirai
箱者

Spoiler for ep5:

では、
愛しい未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 15:59   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
Spoiler for ep5:
Thanks!
Spoiler for ep5 (not very spoilerish, though):

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-08-06 at 16:23.
Old 2006-08-08, 17:44   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

episode 06 raw

I have blogged this now.

Yet another excellent episode. Mutual love saturates the screen, but we begin to see more of the complications we all knew were there: Why does Takeuchi not have a girlfriend? Why does seeing his elder sister embarrass Yano? What happened last year between Yamamoto Yuri and Yano?
Old 2006-08-08, 20:10   Link #95
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

omg thank goodness kaoru chujo!! you blogged it~! arigatou ^^!!! i love tuesdays, everything airs then X]

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-08, 20:32   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-08, 22:09   Link #97
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-08, 22:49   Link #98
ombie

*waves* I joined this forum just because I love this series so much. Many thanks to Kaoru Chujo for her summaries to hold me over until the raws are available.

At first it reminded me of Kare Kano the sweetness of first love for Nana-chan, but now it's gone in a completely different direction and I simply cannot wait for new episodes to come out.
ombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 02:36   Link #99
domino
デレデレ

This show is very nice. It's like a more mellow, subtle, high school version of Honey & Clover. I enjoy it. It's so simple, so plain, yet has me completely charmed. Cute, too. At first I thought the art style was strange, but it grew on me.

The main character's voice is very cute and soothing. Is this her first role...?
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 16:20   Link #100
Jerseykid

Something with the timing was off in episode 3 from this other group it seemed. Still I enjoyed it all the same.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, slice of life