AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 04:31   Link #4181
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈ«Έ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Wonderful Ending to Awesome anime...I'm Really Gonna Miss watching The anime..I guess I have to read The manga now

I Give The anime 10/10
Old 2008-09-30, 06:58   Link #4182
zibi88

Since they showed few scenes from new HQ arc. then maybe there is hope for next season but let's say 6month or 1year after manga material pills up...

Man so many good animes ended in this month ;/ there are not so much good interesting titles for me (at current time)

Well I still hope for next season ;]
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 08:16   Link #4183
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Since they showed few scenes from new HQ arc. then maybe there is hope for next season but let's say 6month or 1year after manga material pills up...

Man so many good animes ended in this month ;/ there are not so much good interesting titles for me (at current time)

Well I still hope for next season ;]
They showed few sceces from new HQ arc already? That's indeed our hope for the continuation of the anime. I would prefer 1 year the faster for the anime to return since 6 months is too rush for me.

Spoiler for bleach:
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 09:09   Link #4184
zibi88

Well I have hope that could start again in lets say in april ^^ after manga reaches nice number of chapters... at the end of ep103 they showed few scenes from new HQ arc. like new uniforms but the last thing was FIN (end) word on black screen...

Maybe it has different meanings like "Fin" of DGM1 so the next season could be named DGM2... just like naruto who went on training... and later came back in naruto shippuden title ;]

Since DGM entered on new rails with lenalee's new inocence form [crystal type] ,and later Allen learnign who he is or rather who he will become so its like evolution of story ^^

I hope for continuation since open-ending is not enought for me after they pulled out so much things... ending in this place is grrr strange XD (and they ended right after releasing the game is even more sad)
Old 2008-09-30, 11:07   Link #4185
Guido

And so even with its last episode's broacast, D.Gray-man anime followed the manga all the way through the end.

Spoiler:

The gap between manga to anime is now of 16 chapters away, so yes it was a good timing to end the show for now.

And I really loved how they ended the anime with three minutes, because they clearly say that are leaving things open for more to come or that will come. It's an open-ended, cliffhanger ending.....

I'll going to miss D.Gray-man, but we still have the manga to cheer on.

I'll be looking forward for the sub release of the last episode.

Spoiler for Fin:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 11:17   Link #4186
zibi88

yeah cheer up ^^ no DGM chapter this week >__> anime ended and no manga this week its double blow at fans xD

So I think that maybe a year should be enought to gain enought material to resurect DGM project ^^
Old 2008-09-30, 12:50   Link #4187
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for Fin:
That is beautiful.
Old 2008-09-30, 13:06   Link #4188
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
yeah cheer up ^^ no DGM chapter this week >__> anime ended and no manga this week its double blow at fans xD

So I think that maybe a year should be enought to gain enought material to resurect DGM project ^^
Well, look at it from a BONES/FMA and D.GM/TMS Ent perspective.

It'll be back, probably and hopefully, but we got to give it some legroom given the amount of catching up the anime has done with the manga (taking into account Hoshino-sensei's off-days and sick-leave).

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:54   Link #4189
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep103:
Really is crazy to think how long I've been following this show. It started up and I was wondering how interested I'd end up being. But really grew with some great characters and has been a good ride.
Old 2008-09-30, 17:49   Link #4190
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 13:

I'm gonna give my full thoughts on the series once i've seen this episode subbed, though for now i can say this show has been one of the best parts of my life over the past two years, such a shame to see it go.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-09-30 at 19:04.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:07   Link #4191
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Spoiler for Fin:
.... Even with its winding down, the producers HAD to put spoiler pics.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 20:51   Link #4192
strategos

If I remember well, One Piece had like 2 long breaks of 4 months or more each. Because the gap was really short. So I am guessing by Spring we might see a new DGM Z or DGM GT or DGM MACH 2. It's really a grear anime with great plot. It's not as predictable as many other mangas/anime out there. Well guys, as soon as this anime is out on R1 DVD, please show your support. We might get better chance of getting new season if we show our support on buying this anime and watching it if it get transmited on tv.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 06:37   Link #4193
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
And so even with its last episode's broacast, D.Gray-man anime followed the manga all the way through the end.

Spoiler:

The gap between manga to anime is now of 16 chapters away, so yes it was a good timing to end the show for now.

And I really loved how they ended the anime with three minutes, because they clearly say that are leaving things open for more to come or that will come. It's an open-ended, cliffhanger ending.....

I'll going to miss D.Gray-man, but we still have the manga to cheer on.

I'll be looking forward for the sub release of the last episode.

Spoiler for Fin:
Iím actually really surprised they included until chapter 158 if Iím not mistaken instead of ending at chapter 156, judging from the reviews guys/gals made, never really thought of that. They even showed the Earlís human form and the new character/s, roadís father (wonder whose the VA for him), and others, as well as Tyki and Road, two of the most hottest villains in this show, also in the anime world IMO. I think its an open-ended cliffhanger ending too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:

I'm gonna give my full thoughts on the series once i've seen this episode subbed, though for now i can say this show has been one of the best parts of my life over the past two years, such a shame to see it go.
Even though I havenít watch it, Iím really happy they showed Lenaleeís hair grow and the new uniform. Me too, its one of my favourite and the best anime I have watched in my life over 1 year and around 2 months( notice the anime when TV had air around 46/47), really such a shame to see it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
.... Even with its winding down, the producers HAD to put spoiler pics.
Yeah, even at the last moment, they still love to make epic cliffhanger for the fans. Maybe the producers also really love this series but were forced to finish at the moment. Considering how awesome jobs they had done and the efforts that they put into this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
If I remember well, One Piece had like 2 long breaks of 4 months or more each. Because the gap was really short. So I am guessing by Spring we might see a new DGM Z or DGM GT or DGM MACH 2. It's really a grear anime with great plot. It's not as predictable as many other mangas/anime out there. Well guys, as soon as this anime is out on R1 DVD, please show your support. We might get better chance of getting new season if we show our support on buying this anime and watching it if it get transmited on tv.
Itís really unpredictable even if Iím a manga reader.
Well, about the DVD, did they show some uncut scene for some episode because some DVD had episode/s that had uncut scene episode (One Piece,Dragonball ZÖ.) if Iím not mistaken? (Correct me if Iím wrong, Thanks)

Hopefully, this is just the ending for the 1st series of D.GM. Now waiting for the 2nd series to air. Really excited for the 2nd series. Hope they did air the funny mini-arc (chapter 159-164) when return before the new HQ arc.

BTW, did Dragon ball and Naruto 1st series put FIN at their last episode?
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 09:38   Link #4194
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to digiboy123
I've been thinking of marathoning D.Gray-man, and I think I will.

Does the anime stay true to the manga?

digiboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 09:48   Link #4195
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiboy123 View Post

After episode 51, it's almost 100% faithful, but the first 50 episodes... Not so much. Some of the events were switched around, and there's a few cases where they've mixed filler and canon together, and in one case, they introduced one character in the anime long before she appeared in the manga. (Which I guess is kinda cool, but still...) But the main story is the same, and in the end, the anime still has the same things happening, just not always in the same order as the manga.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-10-01 at 09:49. Reason: Missing a word
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:41   Link #4196
GDB

Gotta say, I loved this episode. My only complaint is that the one minute clip they had of Krory waking up nullified an entire arc in the manga. Granted, it wasn't a very stimulating arc, but Komui really shined in it.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:13   Link #4197
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 103 - end

Spoiler:

Overall impressions (so far).

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 14:50   Link #4198
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

For one, the animation for this episode was amazing. If only the show had more episode's with this quality
Spoiler for Episode 103:

So, ''fin'' (for now). I remember watching this show at around episode 13, and how it seemed to have been a stable for me to watch it ever since. Who would have thought that a show that had fillers for the majority of its run and meant to end in 51 episodes to continue until the 103rd episode? Anyway, D.Gray-man is sure to return in the future (Volume 7 of the DVD had the highest initial volume release for D.gray-man in the last 3 months) and the TV ratings have been good enough for its time slot. Until then, I must find a way to fill this empty feeling in my heart. perhaps the dub will be good?
Old 2008-10-01, 16:07   Link #4199
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiboy123 View Post

As it was already mentioned, it stays true to the manga once you hit past episode 50, though the anime staff did a great job with the anime original material/novel material. Any D.Gray-man fan would enjoy them.
Old 2008-10-01, 18:43   Link #4200
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
If I remember well, One Piece had like 2 long breaks of 4 months or more each. Because the gap was really short.
That never happened.
Longest break OP ever had was 3 weeks. And it had nothing to do with the gap.
OP is one of the highest rated animes in Japan, they wouldn't be insane to just let it go for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
BTW, did Dragon ball and Naruto 1st series put FIN at their last episode?
No...
They don't do that when there's a sequel already in sight (aka the following week).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk