AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-05, 11:20   Link #4261
Maxtro
Super Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
So if anyone would like to share, what are your "unanswered" questions?
I'd like to keep them to myself to avoid possible spoilers, but thank you.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:24   Link #4262
Gundampilotspaz
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
So if anyone would like to share, what are your "unanswered" questions?

Spoiler:


And many more >_>
__________________
My Blog |Live Journal |My Tubes are Clogged |Twitter |Jaiku

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 15:42   Link #4263
Elves
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: US: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
BTW, does the painting in Allen's room has any meaning to?
It's the portrait of the grinning imp dressed as a harlequin.
I believe that the painting is of the 14th. That's why Allen's talking to Mana about the future's outlook, because now Allen is also one of 14th thanks to Mana's teachings.
Elves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:31   Link #4264
andrewsch5658
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
So if anyone would like to share, what are your "unanswered" questions?
Spoiler for :


There might be still others that I haven't included yet.

Btw, do you guys/gals know where to find the novels for D.Gray Man on-line?
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:17   Link #4265
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Spoiler for :


There might be still others that I haven't included yet.

Btw, do you guys/gals know where to find the novels for D.Gray Man on-line?

Let me provide some of mine:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:54   Link #4266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Well... Uncertainty is never a fun thing, and it would be nice to know that this was, say, a one-year break rather than an Inuyasha-style punt of a non-ending. While I totally understand the reasoning behind needing a pause, I'd feel a lot better if there was some assurance we'd get to see some sort of conclusion animated. There's always the manga, but it's not quite the same. As is, while it kicked some ass the ending felt rushed even though I knew it was coming. At the very least, virtually nothing was resolved in the bigger picture.

A fine job maintaining generally high quality through 103 eps. You get a lot of emotional buy-in after spending that much time with a set of characters - I'll miss them.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 01:06   Link #4267
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
That's... a lot of questions...

You guys just made me wait for the next season even more (if there's even on).

Well, I personally loved the last episode, what the heck, even if there are tons of unanswered questions. I love every character in it (opposite from Naruto where I hate them all) and I have to say D.GreyMan is definitely one of my favorite shounen animes out there (after One Piece). I didn't find the ending to be disappointing in any way, just makes you want for more (unlike Death Note where I hated the ending).

*goes to play Jump Ultimate Stars and makes a D.GreyMan deck for the heck of it*
__________________
Mega-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 01:23   Link #4268
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well... Uncertainty is never a fun thing, and it would be nice to know that this was, say, a one-year break rather than an Inuyasha-style punt of a non-ending. While I totally understand the reasoning behind needing a pause, I'd feel a lot better if there was some assurance we'd get to see some sort of conclusion animated. There's always the manga, but it's not quite the same. As is, while it kicked some ass the ending felt rushed even though I knew it was coming. At the very least, virtually nothing was resolved in the bigger picture.

The manga has only a few dozen chapters ahead of the Anime now.

Putting aside the manga's unfortunate habit of taking breaks, to have a full 51 season of minimum filler D.Gray-man anime would require about 2-3 years of manga progression, the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
Spoiler:


And many more >_>

The fourteenth... Is a discarded Noah that the Earl killed before Plain and simple.

Second, considering the Earl has been revealed to be a 'Sorcerer' with knowledge of Magic, I don't think it's too far-fetch to think that he could change his appearance like what Cross did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Spoiler for :


Spoiler:


Anymore details and we're have to move to the manga thread to continue.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:18   Link #4269
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 26
Well I caught up to the ending of S2. It ended very well for me but like everyone said: "It leaves so many questions!"

I hope that they will announce a new season in the future!
__________________
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 01:51   Link #4270
andrewsch5658
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanks Guido for providing some more unanswered questions and also thanks Chaos2Frozen for answering my questions.

I just watch episode 102 and 103(finally). Just like everyone here said, Allen and Lenalee combined force earned that level 4 is one of the most awesome battle scene I have ever watch or seen. I really love the flashback of Lenalee and Komui, as well as Tapp.
Cross earned the final episode as well. That level 4 just won’t let exorcist had a break even it’s left with its head. I totally agree with you guys/gals about the high quality of episode 103. They should have every episode I that IMO. I also agree that the animation rushed the ending to complete the 1st series. But I had another view, which is that they just did a summary of chapter 157 and 158 in episode 103 to catch the viewers interest. Hope they make a full version of chapter 157 and 158.It’s quite a pity that we didn’t know who the VA for Road’s father is.

I Love how they color the new uniform. The final scene where Allen wear the new uniform and walking on the sand storm(I think) was well done too-also where he face the earl.Lenalee’s new hair made here even more cuter than before plus the new uniform. I also notice that they even include Chaoji wearing the new uniform(the manga hasn’t shown yet if I’m not mistaken).

Many more to say about the 2 episode but unfortunately I have to do my assignment and reading, University is really busy compare to college(form 6).

After watching 102 and 103, it makes me think that this is just an introduction of the series-like bleach soul society arc-basically a setting up with plot progressing. Also,like I had stated earlier, I really hope and think the series will return after 1 year the fastest since half-year is a bit too rushed for me. I actually won’t have problem if they continue after 2 years to let the manga went further as long as there’s news about it. The longest is 3 years which is my limit. Though it still depend on how manga progess in the future.

I also do hope that when the anime returns, it will start off to where it left out. I really like to see the chapter 159-164 anime too. I will state reasons at the manga thread.

It’s only strange that this anime is no that popular?Why?

Btw, did everyone notice that season 2 include a lot of blood scene than season 1?
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:58   Link #4271
Narutojunkie123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Thumbs up Dgm - amv

If you like DGM then you should watch this AMV. Its to "Gotta Be Somebody" By Nickelback and its with Allen and Lena Lee! <3


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnIReNhOuAc
Narutojunkie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:02   Link #4272
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
D.Gray-Man Final Thoughts for Now

It looks like this is a temporarily farewell.... for now.

I do like to give special thanks to the people whose posts either entertained or enlightened me while the fun in this thread went on, and these fellows are:
Chaos2Frozen, DeathKillz, Fynal_Fyre, King Lycan, and FlareKnight.

Your opinions and comments about each particular episodes or for the characters are appreciated by myself.

Honestly, I do not know where to start. It feels like just yesterday when I first came to this thread and commented my first post on D.Gray-man. It was way back on September 2006, and at the time I didn't know what that anime was about. The only thing I knew back then was that the title alone was catchy to pique my interest on it and started researching it on wiki.

Never do I feel regrets for picking up this show.
It's true that D.Gray-man doesn't deviate too much from the traditional shounen formula about a war between two polarized sides: one good and one evil.
The evil team acquires or develops an overwhelming power-up that forces the good team to earn their own, haxxing power-up to tip the power scale back to normal, which in turn prompts the evil team to get an even bigger power-up and the cycle goes on and on.

However, the thing I feel that sets D.Gray-man apart from the other currently popular shounen of the moment like, for example, Bleach and Naruto is that the strength for D.Gray-man's storytelling lies on the proper development for each of the characters' individual personalities.
Almost the main and supporting cast possess different attitudes, personalities, tragic pasts, and present tribulations that are no alike to each other.

We can pick-up as many characters of the main and supporting cast as our favorite ones, because we can either relate or identify with them or just for pure liking. It doesn't matter whether be the Exorcists and the Order or the Earl and the Noah family.

Next, the soundtrack plainly kicked butt and became rocking better for the second season.

I do and will always love the Victorian setting era. The goth of that time is magically to me, and more if its nicely complimented with steampunk.

In a certain sense the way how Hoshino-sensei crafted and designed the birth of the Akuma is indeed a creative ingenuity. In that way, the author prevents the Deus ex Machina concept of resurrection for free in this series.
There is no true, magical resurrection that occur in D.Gray-man, and if it's done at hands of the Earl the price will be as the birth of a new Akuma; a killing machine programmed to obey only the orders of its creator to add in to the toll of more dead bodies and human corpses.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching D.Gray-man, and as of now I'm currently rewatching the whole of season two this year like I did for the whole season one last year.

Though the anime has ended, I won't be long gone from this thread. I may pay some visit from time to time to add in comments or reading about any future announcements.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:35   Link #4273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I do like to give special thanks to the people whose posts either entertained or enlightened me while the fun in this thread went on, and these fellows are:
Chaos2Frozen, DeathKillz, Fynal_Fyre, King Lycan, and FlareKnight.

Your opinions and comments about each particular episodes or for the characters are appreciated by myself.
Thanks for leaving me and a lot of members out.

Ah well. Hope people will keep in mind that the third soundtrack is being released with the 12th second stage DVD in January.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 18:58   Link #4274
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thanks for leaving me and a lot of members out.

Ah well. Hope people will keep in mind that the third soundtrack is being released with the 12th second stage DVD in January.

Ha Ha...

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to leave you out of the list Shiroth.

But I did read and appreciate your posts as well.

And yea, I'm looking forward to January for the third soundtrack release along the 12th DVD for D.Gray-man's second season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 20:18   Link #4275
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thanks for leaving me and a lot of members out.

Ah well. Hope people will keep in mind that the third soundtrack is being released with the 12th second stage DVD in January.
That was a sad omission, but do appreciate my being mentioned . Nice information about the third soundtrack which will be good to listen to if only to remember some good moments in this last part of the series.

Is something to think how long we've been following this one. Discussion for this series was great. Not often do I watch the raw for a series unless the discussion is good and I'd like to be part of it instead of waiting for the subs.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:25   Link #4276
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Kanda & Lavi Cosplay : D



__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 18:37   Link #4277
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Wow, the Lavi cosplay is quite well-done. Really deliver the feeling. If only his nose is a little more..thinner
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:45   Link #4278
andrewsch5658
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Honestly, I do not know where to start. It feels like just yesterday when I first came to this thread and commented my first post on D.Gray-man. It was way back on September 2006, and at the time I didn't know what that anime was about. The only thing I knew back then was that the title alone was catchy to pique my interest on it and started researching it on wiki.

Never do I feel regrets for picking up this show.
It's true that D.Gray-man doesn't deviate too much from the traditional shounen formula about a war between two polarized sides: one good and one evil.
The evil team acquires or develops an overwhelming power-up that forces the good team to earn their own, haxxing power-up to tip the power scale back to normal, which in turn prompts the evil team to get an even bigger power-up and the cycle goes on and on.

However, the thing I feel that sets D.Gray-man apart from the other currently popular shounen of the moment like, for example, Bleach and Naruto is that the strength for D.Gray-man's storytelling lies on the proper development for each of the characters' individual personalities.
Almost the main and supporting cast possess different attitudes, personalities, tragic pasts, and present tribulations that are no alike to each other.

We can pick-up as many characters of the main and supporting cast as our favorite ones, because we can either relate or identify with them or just for pure liking. It doesn't matter whether be the Exorcists and the Order or the Earl and the Noah family.

Next, the soundtrack plainly kicked butt and became rocking better for the second season.

I do and will always love the Victorian setting era. The goth of that time is magically to me, and more if its nicely complimented with steampunk.

In a certain sense the way how Hoshino-sensei crafted and designed the birth of the Akuma is indeed a creative ingenuity. In that way, the author prevents the Deus ex Machina concept of resurrection for free in this series.
There is no true, magical resurrection that occur in D.Gray-man, and if it's done at hands of the Earl the price will be as the birth of a new Akuma; a killing machine programmed to obey only the orders of its creator to add in to the toll of more dead bodies and human corpses.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching D.Gray-man, and as of now I'm currently rewatching the whole of season two this year like I did for the whole season one last year.

Though the anime has ended, I won't be long gone from this thread. I may pay some visit from time to time to add in comments or reading about any future announcements.
Yeah, I agree with you too. D.Gray Man really is an interesting series to watch and better than other shounen anime like bleach,naruto or shipuden….-I still enjoy those show but I love D.Gray Man a lot more than those show.(not because of the fillers but the storyline….)

Don’t worry,Guido. You won’t be alone. Even though I just join in for around 2 months, I will also continue to visit this thread cause I really enjoy it.

For those who watch One Piece(I haven’t watch it-may watch in the future), Rave Master(Groove Adventure Rave) and Samurai X, do you guys/gals also enjoy watching D.Gray Man?(Just my curiosity)

Definitely can’t wait for the third soundtrack of course.

Off Topic:
Spoiler for about rave master:
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 07:17   Link #4279
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
For those who watch One Piece(I haven’t watch it-may watch in the future), Rave Master(Groove Adventure Rave) and Samurai X, do you guys/gals also enjoy watching D.Gray Man?(Just my curiosity)
I watch One Piece, (my all-time favourite show, actually) and I also like D.Gray-man, though I like the manga a lot more than the anime. Though I realised, it's not that the anime is a bad adaption, it's just that the fillers (and the fact that they moved Allen's meeting with the Earl at the graveyard to after the Ghost of Martel-arc rather than having it before he joined the Order) kinda broke the flow in the early episodes, whereas in the manga, it just went from one awesome arc to another once Allen arrived at the Black Order HQ.
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 07:25   Link #4280
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
(and the fact that they moved Allen's meeting with the Earl at the graveyard to after the Ghost of Martel-arc rather than having it before he joined the Order)

I don't see how affects anything really
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.