AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-10-11, 21:08   Link #161
9mmx19

Watched 1 and its was okay but not great. Cmon the Akumas use "bullets"? Jeez thats REAL creative... Style wise its nice and the humorous atmosphere is okay too.
9mmx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 21:20   Link #162
crystar
*yawns*

Well, I just saw episode 2 and yeah, quite nice to see a number of the other characters introduced. I'm glad they now have all the introductory explanations out of the way so we no longer have to deal with that. I'm a bit bummed they skipped out on Allen's past though (just the past, I could care less about the random Akuma and the story behind it).
Old 2006-10-11, 21:46   Link #163
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Great episode. I'm liking everything about this show so far, the music the animation and characters. Yeah I was kinda expecting a little more background information on Allen. Maybe next ep eh. At the end of ep he talks about someone called Mana. I'm curious to know who that is.
Old 2006-10-11, 22:11   Link #164
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
if you really want to noe go read the manga, because i don't think it's going to come up for a few episodes for a while. And i'm not sure, but is it just me, or Allen's VA doesn't suit him that well?

Also i don't exactly like how the end of the episode ends suddenly.
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 22:16   Link #165
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Great episode. I'm liking everything about this show so far, the music the animation and characters. Yeah I was kinda expecting a little more background information on Allen. Maybe next ep eh. At the end of ep he talks about someone called mana. I'm curious to know who that is.
That's one of the things I'm disappointed about, as I mentioned in my previous post. The anime skipped ahead from chapter 1 to chapter 5 (though the scene with Cross was put in even though it happened in chapter 2). Chapter 3 is where we learn just the tiniest bit of Allen's backstory and who 'Mana' is. Chapter 4 didn't really give anything as important, though we get treated to the end of a scuffle between Allen and some Akuma (I won't say more about that).

I'm really hoping for at least some kind of flashback sequence that puts in the little bit of Allen's backstory that we get in the manga. It just seems like a large omission. Kind of like how I felt about the One Piece anime at first. The manga started off when Luffy was a kid and tried to join Shanks' crew, but the anime instead skipped ahead to the Alvida(sp?) and Axe-hand Morgan arcs before going back to the aforementioned Shanks part as a flashback after Zoro joined. Let's hope they're at least planning to do something like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos
And i'm not sure, but is it just me, or Allen's VA doesn't suit him that well?

Also i don't exactly like how the end of the episode ends suddenly.
I kind of felt that way when I first started watching the first episode, but by now I've gotten used to it. I think it matches up well...at least to me as of this moment.

As for how the episode ended...it pretty much ended exactly like chapter 7, so it worked for me. Did you also not like how it ended it the manga?
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 23:29   Link #166
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

well i too am little disappointed that they haven't got the flashbacks in yet, but i'm sure during the season they eventually will (or else the company will get hate mailed to kingdom come) overall the comedy does lighten up the dark and gloom situation, dunno about Allen's voice right now, kinda feels funny knowing its a girl

The hood bringing power!
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 00:57   Link #167
Kanos
Milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
As for how the episode ended...it pretty much ended exactly like chapter 7, so it worked for me. Did you also not like how it ended it the manga?
Need to brush up on my manga cuz i read it somewhat long ago. That or it could be because i read the volume instead of individual chapters like in jump. (you're prolly gonna say that chapter ended the book )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
dunno about AllAn's voice right now, kinda feels funny knowing its a girl
I agree, and i personally, i don't think she has the ability to bing out Allan's personality, like the funny and awkward moments
Old 2006-10-12, 07:07   Link #168
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

The opening kicks ass, so we can expect the anime to be entertaining....
I remember being disappointed when I watched FMA first episode, so.........gonna wait to see more

Anyway: Demons, spiritual powers and stuff seem to be trendy : Death Note and Jigoku Shoujou soon, can't wait to see it.
Old 2006-10-12, 09:32   Link #169
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
Need to brush up on my manga cuz i read it somewhat long ago. That or it could be because i read the volume instead of individual chapters like in jump. (you're prolly gonna say that chapter ended the book )
Your foresight is formidable. Chapter 7 did indeed end the first volume.
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 10:17   Link #170
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Since no one has answered me yet, I'd like to know if somebody knows when DGM will end, or how many episodes it has. I'd similarly like to know if people think it's going to last forever, or will be presented in a finite amount of episodes. Thanks.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 14:18   Link #171
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well i dnt know how long the series is but i dnt think that its gona last forever...it doesnt seem like its gona be the next naruto or bleach so ill perdict it will be around 24-26 eps?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 15:14   Link #172
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for The manga so far:

Based on that, I would say this series will be more than 26 episodes, as the manga is already around volume 10 in terms of amount of material. Unless they make an original ending for the anime so they can end it at 26.
Old 2006-10-12, 17:11   Link #173
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not a bad episode holding my attention. I cant wait to see what everyones Innounce is. Couple of funny parts i think im going to like that science guy he seems like he will be a bit of comedy relief. Cant remember his name but that guy with the sword looks like a bad ass and bad dispostion to go along with it.
Old 2006-10-12, 17:49   Link #174
Kanos
Milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
Your foresight is formidable. Chapter 7 did indeed end the first volume.
well whatever the case may be, i still say the ending of ep2 was lacking in something, just dont' noe what

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Since no one has answered me yet, I'd like to know if somebody knows when DGM will end, or how many episodes it has. I'd similarly like to know if people think it's going to last forever, or will be presented in a finite amount of episodes. Thanks.
Well the manga is still going, and the last few posts have been saying that it might end at 26. So i think 26 would be a good guess. But yah, if it's going to a bad ending like negima first season, then i'd hope it becoems a 50ep-series
Old 2006-10-12, 20:59   Link #175
evil-samurai

Well with a little talk about Allens voice I'd say his voice is perfect for his character, though I dont read the manga so it will come of as different.. still I think for the comic moments his voice is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark
I'm really hoping for at least some kind of flashback sequence that puts in the little bit of Allen's backstory that we get in the manga.
I'm always reallly interested in the flashback moments more-so because most of the time they are really well done, hope the'll include it =) Well.. If it is kinda a important scene I would think they'll have it, but its just a matter about when...
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:44   Link #176
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for The manga so far:

Based on that, I would say this series will be more than 26 episodes, as the manga is already around volume 10 in terms of amount of material. Unless they make an original ending for the anime so they can end it at 26.
naw I predict a 50 episode run or maybe more cus of fillers. then again its possible that the series ends up like negima (the crappy one) and just stops halfway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
The opening kicks ass, so we can expect the anime to be entertaining....
I remember being disappointed when I watched FMA first episode, so.........gonna wait to see more

Anyway: Demons, spiritual powers and stuff seem to be trendy : Death Note and Jigoku Shoujou soon, can't wait to see it.
Death Note is out btw its pretty good. stickin pretty close to the manga

The hood bringing power!
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 23:19   Link #177
Kanos
Milk...

^in the quote
you noe that Jigoku Shoujou is already on it's second season rite?
Old 2006-10-13, 00:18   Link #178
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i had read early on when they were starting making DGM as an anime that it would be ongoing... the mangaka has said that she initially planned it to be a short manga but that people liked it so much, asfter she took her break, she decided to make it ongoing... with the fact that they have the "Reverse" novels to tell Alan, Yu Kanda and other's histories, i think they will have more than enough material to keep the anime going... instead of fillers, they can always do flashback stories...
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 07:32   Link #179
ViVi_bOi

Added Black-Order v2 Fansubs into D.Gray-man Comparison
Old 2006-10-13, 22:13   Link #180
Codex

All I have to say is ... General Cross wins episode 2!

Well ... actually, I do have more to say. I'm pleased to find the characters likeable so far. Allen is a great lead - plus, his colouring reminds me of Xenosaga's chaos and his voice is a lighter-hearted Touya Akira.

Btw, with minimal spoilers, is Allen's 83% synchronisation ratio considered good or bad?

Last edited by Codex; 2006-10-15 at 11:45. Reason: spelling
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk