AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-01, 11:55   Link #41
Menshi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Ep 9 intro?

I'm sort of confused by the intro to episode 9 what did it have to do with this chapter. We never found out any info on the dead body or who it was did we. Is this sort of like Rika's death intro to chapter 2 ~ where the intro ties in to a future chapter?
Menshi is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 12:33   Link #42
Shizen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menshi
I'm sort of confused by the intro to episode 9 what did it have to do with this chapter. We never found out any info on the dead body or who it was did we. Is this sort of like Rika's death intro to chapter 2 ~ where the intro ties in to a future chapter?
Read the TIPs for episode 9 if you haven't already.
Don't think too deep about the corpse itself, the question is what happened because of that corpse.
Shizen is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 12:37   Link #43
Amaranthine
...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
This episode was... a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. The ending was extremely weird and confusing, yeah, but it didn't particularly shock me. My response to it was more like: "Oh. That's weird." And then I felt kind of disappointed, like I said. :/ It sounds better in the descriptions people have given of the game, but that's the game, and this is the anime. I suppose there's not much point in comparing them like that.

Also, I had to curse Keiichi's stupidity.
Spoiler:


It was a relatively good episode I guess, it got me sad for Satoko and all, and completely shook up my theories. It was just missing something. I might be expecting too much, what with the build up from the game players, and how great the rest of the series has been. I felt this episode wasn't as good as it could have been... or even, dare I say, as it should have been. The rest has been excellent, why drop the standard now of all times?

Maybe I'm feeling especially critical today... but I was expecting more. Possibly I'll think better of it after a rewatch.
Amaranthine is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 13:20   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
A very weird ending indeed there were still a lot of unanswred questions and the ending kind of took me for a loop. There 2 parts that are just stuck in mind and i think they were very important parts of this episode

Spoiler for dont read if you havent watched the ep yet:
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 16:45   Link #45
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 30
I kind of wish this series of episodes had been done first since I definitely would have voted for something supernatural being at work instead of an individual. Keiichi's sanity seemed to be slipping away after Takano asked him if he buried the body properly.
Blue_Mercy is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 16:56   Link #46
Amaranthine
...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I kind of wish this series of episodes had been done first since I definitely would have voted for something supernatural being at work instead of an individual.
I'm sure that's exactly why they are in this order...

I was so convinced that it was nothing supernatural, and I thought I could figure out a rational reason for it all. Now I don't know what to think. ~_~
Amaranthine is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 17:10   Link #47
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
The episode was okay but I felt there was a lot of loose ends. The funny thing is that overall I felt most sorry Rika. Her little "miiii" constantly haunted me to feel sad for her after I found out she was killed...(And Rena too of course )
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaFire
-Oh, and no Rena.
*me agrees*
I was looking forward to find out if Rena had something going on with the manager or not, after all she was so concerned about Keiichi making it to the clinic. Oh well maybe that scene was just to show more of Rena's...erhm inquisitive nature hmm. I didn't see any point in it, since they were so tight with the episode schedules and all, but more Rena moeness is always a good thing.
Arimfe is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 22:59   Link #48
Guido
The Reaper Owl
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 35
For the very end of the episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline  
Old 2006-07-01, 22:59   Link #49
Darklightz
Wagering his life...
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
The more I watched this episode the more I think it was mostly Keichii's delusion.

Spoiler:
Darklightz is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 01:14   Link #50
SnowfairyX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 32
My immediate reaction to this episode was slight disappointment, probably just like a few of the other posters on this thread. I've never played the game or read the manga (can't read japanese) but before I watched the episode, I skimmed a few comments of people who've played the game and/or read the manga expressing their disappointment over how many things were left out. Still, I was excited to see the episode but I guess because I dwelled on the fact that the episode might feel incomplete that it lead to my initial disappointment. I guess the reason I was a bit disappointed at first was probably because the ending was a bit more subtle than the last two arcs and didn't exactly raise my blood pressure like I expected it to , although that scene involving
Spoiler:
I also would have liked to have seen some more of Rena (current favorite character) and Mion as well, but I guess they had their turn in the last two arcs . I gave the episode another watch though, almost immediately afterwards trying to pore over details and other stuff. After I let my thoughts settle a bit about the episode, I thought it was quite an appropriate end to the arc and ended up rating it as 'excellent.' Basing solely on the anime itself and ignoring all the TIPs and stuff from the game, I thought the ending to this arc did it's job well enough in conveying the tragic results. Overall, I thought this arc was better than the 2nd arc, although probably not as good as the first. This arc was defintely pretty depressing but not really in a way where the show was trying to force emotions out or anything. That last episode, I definitely had to think about a bit before it kind of got to me . I can't wait to see the next arc of this most fascinating series. This is the first time I've ever wanted to follow an unlicensed anime series all the way through to the end. I joined this forum just because of the excellent discussion going on here for Higurashi although I'll probably still lurk here mostly anyway .
SnowfairyX is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 06:10   Link #51
Eric the Grey
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 52
Well, I liked the episode. I didn't think it felt rushed at all.

I do have to say this about Keichii: If it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.


Eric the Grey
Eric the Grey is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 12:42   Link #52
ferthepoet
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Greetings,

Been watching and loving the series since the beggining but haven't posted, I'm asking cuz I wonder why no one has mentioned this yet, did you notice the change on the lyrics of the end song, do you think there's any meaning to that?
ferthepoet is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 12:48   Link #53
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
Greetings,

Been watching and loving the series since the beggining but haven't posted, I'm asking cuz I wonder why no one has mentioned this yet, did you notice the change on the lyrics of the end song, do you think there's any meaning to that?
Yeah, the official lyrics have been released and the fansubs have changed to match this. Is that what you meant?

Watched the last 3 episodes of this arc all in a row and I loved it. Watanagashi didn't feel as powerful as Onikakushi to me but this arc more than made up for it Shame about all the stuff they missed out though, wish reading the sound novel first was a possibility. Oh well...
Varion is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 12:59   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
Greetings,

Been watching and loving the series since the beggining but haven't posted, I'm asking cuz I wonder why no one has mentioned this yet, did you notice the change on the lyrics of the end song, do you think there's any meaning to that?

what change in lyrics are your refering to and did the lyrics change at the end of this episode or another here are the lyrics for Why? or Why not?


http://www.badongo.com/pic/229188
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 15:31   Link #55
Killer Loli
baka desu
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen
Read the TIPs for episode 9 if you haven't already.
Don't think too deep about the corpse itself, the question is what happened because of that corpse.

Spoiler:
Killer Loli is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 15:55   Link #56
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In front of my laptop
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang
...

Spoiler:
__________________
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 5: End of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & a billion screenshots
Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V | Part VI | Part VII | Part VIII | Part IX | Part X | Part XI | Part XII In progress

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 16:24   Link #57
LordAshram
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Loli
Spoiler:

You're wrong on the corpse because it's been said a number of times before that it took place when it was shown, at the beginning of the arc, not the end... And the TIPS even gave it's identity: Ritsuko Rina, Teppei's mistress.
LordAshram is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 17:37   Link #58
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 30
Just to make a few things clear:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-07-02 at 17:47.
Sushi-Y is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 18:01   Link #59
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: East Boston, Massachusetts
Age: 26
I am somehow satisfied with the fact that everyone died... Honestly, I think the crazy people in that town are better off dead, and poor Keiichi should escape it all. Though I doubt that is how he would view it, lol
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-02, 19:56   Link #60
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere near Seattle
Age: 45
Another lurker's thoughts

Some questions I'm pondering lately:

Spoiler:
Ayu-ayu is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.