AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-07-01, 16:18   Link #1
crazywoodlouse

Confused newbie seeks answer! (Slow Download)

Hi there everyone!

and may i first take this oppertunity to say thank you for putting the time aside to read this thread, i will apologize if this is a question that has already been asked but if anyone can help me out then i would be really greatful!

Question - I am downloading the 12 episode anime series Rozen maiden, and it has taken me about four days at about 5 hours a day of being connected on broadband, however i have been informed that bittorent should be much quicker, i made adjustments to my firewall as directed by the bittorent FAQ to resolve such an issue but the download doesnt seem much quicker with a Peers 56 (22 seeds), is this slow connection due to a lack of people sharing this file or is it something wrong at my end? Further to this question, if more people are sharing a file does that mean that you download your file quicker?

Well i hope these questions were clear to understand and can be resoved easily, if i have stepped on any of the previous threads then i apologize

Thank you

Michelle aka CrazyWoodlouse!
crazywoodlouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 16:37   Link #2
Keios
Q(.Q)

The only thing I can think of is that if you're behind a router, you need to do portforwarding so people are able to connect you.
Keios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 16:45   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoodlouse
Hi there everyone!

and may i first take this oppertunity to say thank you for putting the time aside to read this thread, i will apologize if this is a question that has already been asked but if anyone can help me out then i would be really greatful!

Question - I am downloading the 12 episode anime series Rozen maiden, and it has taken me about four days at about 5 hours a day of being connected on broadband, however i have been informed that bittorent should be much quicker, i made adjustments to my firewall as directed by the bittorent FAQ to resolve such an issue but the download doesnt seem much quicker with a Peers 56 (22 seeds), is this slow connection due to a lack of people sharing this file or is it something wrong at my end? Further to this question, if more people are sharing a file does that mean that you download your file quicker?

Well i hope these questions were clear to understand and can be resoved easily, if i have stepped on any of the previous threads then i apologize

Thank you

Michelle aka CrazyWoodlouse!
This really should be in the download help forum...

Anyway, to really help, more information is needed. What's your isp, and how fast is your connection? Check to make sure your isp isn't on the azureus bad isps list. If you don't know the speed, you can test it here. Just chose a test server located fairly close to where you live. What bt client are you using? As keios mentioned, are you behind a router? If so you'll need to port foward that as well.

Though, most likely the problem is the other people in the torrent aren't uploading much. You can't download what people aren't uploading to you after all. Try a new, popular torrent and see what your speed is on that.
Old 2006-07-01, 16:55   Link #4
Keios
Q(.Q)

I tried downloading the same torrent (sorry for stealing bandwidth :P) and the average speed was around 55-60 kb/s (ETA ~10h). You didn't tell how fast your connection is, though.
Keios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 03:24   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

22 seeds is plenty

yes, we need to know first, how you connect to the internet, DSL, cable, dialup etc.

2nd we need to know what bittorrent program.

then we can help u configure

go to this link http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

then click on the bittorent program you use, azureus, bittorrent, bittorando etc.

then click on the router you use, 2wire yahoo dsl, roadrunner etc.

make sure after you set your port forwarding to

#1 disable UPnP port mapping

#2 disable port randomizing
Old 2006-07-02, 06:28   Link #6
crazywoodlouse

hi there again,

just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who have posted, and so quickly too! i will get straight onto it with all of your help

ps you all have very kawaii avtars!
crazywoodlouse is offline   Reply With Quote