AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 21:01   Link #261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
She's happy just doing simple things for him. Fixing his clothes, making him meals etc. I thought her expression while cooking all that food for him was adorable.
Heh, i believe this is where her cute side comes into play. When she first appeared in episode 01 upto the fight scene at the end of the episode, we just got to see a cold warrior who didn't show any feelings at all. Its good to see that the story plans to focus on each character we've seen so far, and not just the main ones (though i'd class Setsuna as a main character :3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The chick's the maid. Stop getting upset over it. Class issues mean that she ain't getting this guy.
I understand her story - but why should i stop getting upsetting about it? You give me no reason to. I don't see anything wrong with me showing a bit of emotion towards the character i'm enjoying seeing.
Old 2007-01-20, 23:30   Link #262
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

*twitch* Still waiting for episode 3 sub to come out...Gah!

Anyway, I get the impression that the final pairing will be Kuu/Kyoshiro, just going by what the OP seems to indicate. But of course it could just be the animators leading us on. I only hope Setsuna doesn't end up dying while trying to save someone; that'll be too cheesy and unfair for her.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 00:24   Link #263
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen ep. 3
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 00:48   Link #264
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I understand her story - but why should i stop getting upsetting about it? You give me no reason to. I don't see anything wrong with me showing a bit of emotion towards the character i'm enjoying seeing.
True. But getting upset over someone whose duty is to serve someone which includes happily sewing his clothes in her functional room devoid of frills is a little sad imo. I do find that her current state is sad considering that Kuu gets a room with a balcony. I suspect this may be due to Kuu's family line too. I mean if Kuu is wearing a Joudou Academy uniform then she might actually be nobility. (Need subs.)

Some of those ep. 3 problems were actually partly Setsuna's fault. She could have asked him if he wanted breakfast instead of blindly making a meal that would have eventually gotten tossed. She also assumed that Kuu would be treated like property (ep.2) when in fact she's treated very differently. Also, she fell in love above her station and with a guy who only sees their relationship as a working one. I suspect that her sad living situation will only worsen as Kuu falls further in love with this guy who so far is almost reciprocating.
Old 2007-01-21, 01:31   Link #265
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Quote:
True. But getting upset over someone whose duty is to serve someone which includes happily sewing his clothes in her functional room devoid of frills is a little sad imo. I do find that her current state is sad considering that Kuu gets a room with a balcony. I suspect this may be due to Kuu's family line too. I mean if Kuu is wearing a Joudou Academy uniform then she might actually be nobility. (Need subs.)
She might be a servant, or might not even be human (she's not is she?) but that doesn't mean the audience can't empathize with her.

I actually find it odd that she would be sewing his clothes or doing any real maid function (this is just basing off what you said since I haven't watched episode 3). After all, she's a weapon to put it sadly but bluntly; it's like asking an Abram tank to do laundry. (yes I know, bad analogy )
Old 2007-01-21, 02:40   Link #266
orion

True. One is always free to empathise with any character.

Well, if you were going to maintain a weapon-owner relationship, I would think that you would be experimenting on them to make them stronger or to build a better model and have the strongest possible conditioning on that person to ensure no revolting. That doesn't sound very humane to me. Maybe, Setsuna is better off not having that type of a relationship and staying with the servant-owner relationship she has.

Setsuna is submitting to this treatment and is way too subservient for being a weapon compared to the other 2 imo, so I waiting to see the rest of her backstory before deciding to empathise/sympathise with her. Maybe, she received alot of conditioning to make her that way. So right now, I'm neutral waiting for more data.

Of course, if you're really not trusting Kyoshiro...

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2007-01-21 at 02:50.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 03:06   Link #267
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Of course, if you're really not trusting Kyoshiro...

Spoiler:
Haha, that would be truely diabolical of him. But I'm more suspicous of Souma (forgot what he's called in KtTnS) since he had that "evil grin" on his face after Kyoshiro left.
Old 2007-01-21, 04:01   Link #268
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol...tbh i can say that kyoshiro gives out evil grins...he was just born that way XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 04:01   Link #269
MeganeShounen
Ever-changing Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Haha, that would be truely diabolical of him. But I'm more suspicous of Souma (forgot what he's called in KtTnS) since he had that "evil grin" on his face after Kyoshiro left.
Yes, it does seem that Ohgami Jin has some "issues". Perhaps he knows Kazuki personally, in the past? That "yoroshiku, ouji-sama" line was certainly suspicious..

/me hopes that Jin wouldn't be as bad as to be some sort of hidden AA... Yami no Kami - Orochi?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 04:52   Link #270
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
their have epi 3 up on youtube
ithe best part in the epi is that Setsuna kissed kuu .
but what really piss me of that mika-sama was hurt kaon

CLANNAD #1 big fan
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 12:08   Link #271
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
True. But getting upset over someone whose duty is to serve someone which includes happily sewing his clothes in her functional room devoid of frills is a little sad imo.
Then call me sad - does it bother me?

Quote:
Some of those ep. 3 problems were actually partly Setsuna's fault. She could have asked him if he wanted breakfast instead of blindly making a meal that would have eventually gotten tossed.
You keep going on about how she's just a servant/maid - though to her its much more then that. Deep down she understands her place in all of this, so of course she's not going to step out of it. Thats what i believe her story to be in this series - to see if she can cross that line, and be a real person then just something she's meant to be.
Old 2007-01-21, 13:12   Link #272
orion

Ah, but that's a setup for emotional trauma. She should do what Emma (Victorian Romance Emma) did.
Spoiler:

Which totally brings up something else? What's keeping these girls there?

Kaon wants to kick Mika's ass, so why doesn't she and Himiko just leave? It's not like Mika can stop her physically. Kaon needs only to slap her and she's dead. Maybe that's why those girls are upset with Himiko. All those ep. 2 comments about her sucking up to Mika. Himiko is prob what keeps Kaon there, but what keeps Himiko there? Wouldn't it be really sick if Himiko is really on Mika's side?

Setsuna is in a bad situation, so why doesn't she leave?

Kuu and Taroutte are the only ones so far in a decent situation.

Can't wait to see the other blonde. There's another guy on that website that looks worse than Kyoshiro on the website. (Another bad boy. )

Yeah, Ohgami is certainly getting more suspicious with each episode.
Old 2007-01-21, 13:21   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Ah, but that's a setup for emotional trauma. She should do what Emma (Victorian Romance Emma) did.
Spoiler:

Which totally brings up something else? What's keeping these girls there?

Kaon wants to kick Mika's ass, so why doesn't she and Himiko just leave?

Setsuna is in a bad situation, so why doesn't she leave?

Kuu and Taroutte are the only ones so far in a decent situation.

Can't wait to see the other blonde. There's another guy on that website that looks worse than Kyoshiro on the website. (Another bad boy. )

Yeah, Ohgami is certainly getting more suspicious with each episode.
hey the whole setup theme for this series just screams tragedy have you even seen KnM? ~ that broke my heart in many wierd places ~

why doesnt kaon and himiko just leave? good question but the answer isnt that simple...nothing too much indepth yet but it seems that mika is holding kaon at blackmail point...she is forced to serve her for x unknown reasons...and just leaving could mean dander not only for kaon but also himiko as mika is sure to go hunting >.<

setsuna not leaving kyoshiro is an easy one...she loves him! but reading about her unrequited love im getting kaede vibes all over again :x

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 15:03   Link #274
Kipp
Uncertainty

Hmm, has anyone read the manga? I'm curious how closely the anime follows it. I heard from one forum, that this person heard from another forum that it was following it pretty closely. But who knows how accurate that is! Especially since I couldn't help but roll my eyes at what I just said. Following the anime grapevine.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 15:12   Link #275
Kisuke06
I see...

^ Talking about the manga, are there any groups scanlating it?
Old 2007-01-21, 15:22   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
Hmm, has anyone read the manga? I'm curious how closely the anime follows it.
If you check out some of my old posts, you'll find out. They're sticking close to the manga, though at the same time going about it differently - hard to describe, you're just best of checking it out for yourself.
Old 2007-01-21, 15:28   Link #277
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you check out some of my old posts, you'll find out. They're sticking close to the manga, though at the same time going about it differently - hard to describe, you're just best of checking it out for yourself.
I'll be sure to do that then. Thanks.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 21:08   Link #278
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Finally got to see episode 3 subbed.

Spoiler:

As for the plot, some bits of information were revealed but I was too distracted by the shower scenes to absorb them so I'll have to see that part again. But it seems like whatever happened 10 years ago Kuu had something to do with it. Animation wise, close up shots are well done and detailed but when the camera pans out the lines look a bit rough and blotchy.

It's odd but I still can't put my finger on why I'm watching this anime. It has a lot of elements that would usually turn me off (e.g. gratuitous fanservice, dreamy-eyed female lead, cat girls, etc.) and yet, I find myself waiting at the edge of my seat for the next episode. Maybe it's the bishie eye candy, my curiosity about the fairy tale element, or Setsuna's cuteness but whatever sweet torture the show is inflicting on me, I'm intrigued and...well, quite honestly hooked.
Old 2007-01-21, 22:19   Link #279
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just watched the sub - Setsuna's smile just before Kuu offers to help with the food could light up my day. I think that smile that become my 'must look at each morning' smile. <3

Anyway, its come to mind that we actually don't know why Absolute Angels can't be lovers with Humans. I was thinking it could be that doing so would somehow damage the Absolute Angel effect, or even injure/kill the person.. it shall be something we'll find out soon anyway, and its yet another question that'll need to be answered. Now the subs out, we can talk about the preview for episode 04:

Spoiler for Episode 04 preview:
Old 2007-01-21, 22:21   Link #280
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I think Mangaka-chan found the right words: "whatever sweet torture." This anime is "mad, bad, and dangerous to know" (famous description of Lord Byron) -- but quite fascinating. I think it's reaching down into our unconscious and manipulating our affections from there. I may find at some point that it reaches down too far (as in ep8 of KnM) and I have to quit.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen