AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-24, 08:25   Link #321
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So, do you think that Kyoshiro really needs glasses? Those specks looks like his brother's and Kyoshiro wasn't wearing any as a child.
More hinting that Kyoshiro admires his onii-san, and isn't trying to "defeat" him. I don't think he needs them, rather, he wears them in remembrance of his big brother. (Why am I talking like he's dead? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
It seems very odd to me that nothing is mentioned about Kuu's family. Kuu's always thinking about how "empty" she is and all that, but never mentions anything about missing her parents or siblings. And if she had a family wouldn't they be worried about her after her school was partically (or completel) destroyed? So does that mean she lives by herself?

Meh, I'm just thinking too much.
No, no. I noticed that too. That's where I got the reincarnation idea from, she doesn't mention family in the slightest. I see no reason for Kyoshiro, Kaon, Himiko or Setsuna to ask her about it, so it would have normally been mentioned by now. It's rather suspicious... <.< >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
And... they just updated the main Kyoshiro website. There's now some info about the next episode, which didn't really make any sense with the google translation. But there was a video!

Spoiler for episode 4:
I'm not surpried. XD Alert me when she coos over Kaon and braids her hair -- then I'll be surprised/shocked/dismayed. ;D

Quote:
Maybe his brother was part of that? Maybe the white he wears is supposed to = scientist? I have no idea.
Spoiler:

Random: Does anyone have a good estimate of how old Kazuya is? I'm thinking 18 -22 myself...
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 10:06   Link #322
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Or how about this...

Spoiler for for ep. 14:
Old 2007-01-24, 11:49   Link #323
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
More hinting that Kyoshiro admires his onii-san, and isn't trying to "defeat" him. I don't think he needs them, rather, he wears them in remembrance of his big brother. (Why am I talking like he's dead? )
actually that can also be interpreted as kyoshiro impersonating his brother being the evil one and all (or is it the other way round? O.o)
Quote:
Or how about this...

Spoiler for for ep. 14:
i want that to happen just for the fun of it...just like getting a bomb to explode in your face kinda fun

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 14:42   Link #324
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
As for Kuu, you brought up a really good point. She hasn't mentioned anything about family. That could be a telltale fact.
You can go through a series where the characters don't mention anything about there parents - it happens all the time. You should just keep in mind that it isn't needed, though at the same time could be apart of the story. :3

Now's where i sit and wait for the OP single to arrive at my door.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-01-24 at 15:26.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 16:11   Link #325
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You can go through a series where the characters don't mention anything about there parents - it happens all the time. You should just keep in mind that it isn't needed, though at the same time could be apart of the story. :3

That's true. I just thought the lack of any mention of family contributed to her empty feeling. Maybe it won't even play a part in the story. We'll just have to wait and see. Only a couple days left until episode 4! I'm excited.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:42   Link #326
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I think you're right. I mean, why waste money making characters who won't play a meaningful part in the story? Not to mention it might not even be nessasary since Kuu might turn out to be an AA and don't need parents.

BTW Kipp, I love the little sig you have; it's so cute.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:56   Link #327
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I think you're right. I mean, why waste money making characters who won't play a meaningful part in the story? Not to mention it might not even be nessasary since Kuu might turn out to be an AA and don't need parents.

BTW Kipp, I love the little sig you have; it's so cute.
Aw, thanks. *whips out red marker* C'mere Mangaka-chan...

And, yeah, that's what I meant by the lack of parents being mentioned. I figured it would hold a bigger significance than normal since Kuu is possibly an AA.

Last edited by Kipp; 2007-01-24 at 20:13.
Old 2007-01-24, 20:52   Link #328
Honey_and_Cleaver

I can see where the anime is going. It looks like its going to drag about Kuu and Kyoushiro.

The fun really starts when Kyoushiro's brother appears. Im guessing he will be one of those rare characters who just appear for a few seconds throughout the whole episodes.

There can be a few possibilities, but i hope it takes a more various approach than the old romantic drag style of story.

So far im going ok with this anime. Soujiro and Meow really funny.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 21:14   Link #329
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
So far im going ok with this anime. Soujiro and Meow really funny.
Yes! I'm not the only person that finds the homicidal cat girl amusing.
Old 2007-01-24, 22:38   Link #330
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
ROFL, I find her annoying and pops up at the wrong times.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 22:42   Link #331
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Only if a mech would squish her.
Old 2007-01-24, 23:03   Link #332
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
I tried to convince a friend to watch Kyoshiro and I failed.

Those were his exact words.
i know how u feel.
i was try to help my friend on gaia what about Kyoshiro and that himiko was in it. but she would't list to me at all..she dose watch kannazuki no miko and her character himeko.but she own watch b/c of the character himeko .and she dose't know what shoujo ai mean.

CLANNAD #1 big fan
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 23:10   Link #333
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
ROFL, I find her annoying and pops up at the wrong times.
Quote:
Only if a mech would squish her.
Tsk, both of you.

Just because she's nuts and ravages poor unsuspecting students for their energy doesn't mean anything...
Old 2007-01-25, 11:46   Link #334
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
XD I think she's great. A little mean to Soujiro though...ah well, that's partners for you.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-25, 13:31   Link #335
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Tsk, both of you.

Just because she's nuts and ravages poor unsuspecting students for their energy doesn't mean anything...
i wonder what her objective is...i mean just randomly going around and causing destruction to people's souls arent exactally a life wish perhaps shes under order to looks for someone? O.o im sensing kuu is the main target just that she doesnt know yet...well thinking all about this is kuu does turn out to be an AA then the shock would be lessened by quite the amount...the shock factor would just be lost imo...

and i like Soujiro ~ he has too put up with a spoilt brat...*cries* ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 14:16   Link #336
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and i like Soujiro ~ he has too put up with a spoilt brat...*cries* ;_;
Speaking of which, why does the cat girl put up with him? So far it seems she's either trying to fight the other AA's, or drain the energy from normal people. What is it about Soujiro that makes her stay with him and keep him around? It almost seems like they have some dysfunctional bond going on.
Old 2007-01-25, 14:37   Link #337
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I think Tarurotte (Zettai Tenshi Badoras) is another of the great characters in this show -- as long as she doesn't end up harming our hero(in)es. She has a kind of innocent purity of violence, like a real cat. And those acrobatic drop kicks are stellar. Her and Soujirou's relationship is very interesting, as well. Functionally disfunctional, lol: he loves her, she needs his energy -- for those times when a full meal is not at hand.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 21:17   Link #338
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
She has a kind of innocent purity of violence, like a real cat.
But cats are not energetic like her, they sleep all day long. I love cats but anime catgirls generally get on my nerves and this is no exception.

Anyway, I had stopped visiting anime blogs so I discovered this show yesterday. I am not even sure why I am watching it or how much I like it, it seems it's a love-hate affair. Any sorts of mecha fights bore me to tears, the fanservice is way too much, Kuu can be rather annoying and Kyoshiro has a creepy resemblance to Paraieta from Simoun.

But there is a lot of eye-candy, nice character designs (not counting the bishounen) and of course yuri which was what attracted me in the first plce, with the KnM references and all that jazz. But I could really live without silly fanservice like catgirl fighting a maid. I know it's hardly the most serious anime out there but that's just too much for me.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 04:19   Link #339
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Anyway, I had stopped visiting anime blogs so I discovered this show yesterday. I am not even sure why I am watching it or how much I like it, it seems it's a love-hate affair. Any sorts of mecha fights bore me to tears, the fanservice is way too much, Kuu can be rather annoying and Kyoshiro has a creepy resemblance to Paraieta from Simoun.

But there is a lot of eye-candy, nice character designs (not counting the bishounen) and of course yuri which was what attracted me in the first plce, with the KnM references and all that jazz. But I could really live without silly fanservice like catgirl fighting a maid. I know it's hardly the most serious anime out there but that's just too much for me.
I had that same problem. I can't quite figure out why I watch this show either. Maybe it's b/c there's just not a lot of new shows this season and this one, despite all its fanservice, is actually one of the more interesting ones
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 09:01   Link #340
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Speaking of which, why does the cat girl put up with him? So far it seems she's either trying to fight the other AA's, or drain the energy from normal people. What is it about Soujiro that makes her stay with him and keep him around? It almost seems like they have some dysfunctional bond going on.
I'm guess he has a hidden plan which means he'll be in-need of a Absolute Angel - that, or he just loves her. :3

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen