AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 14:23   Link #821
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
My own copy of the CD is sitting in a box at home, unfortunately, but I was able to find this not-very-good-quality scan on the Internet. Hope it helps...
Yep, that's good enough. Thank you!

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:26   Link #822
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

So, got around to watching ep8.

Well, the big question whether Kyoshiro sleeps with Kuu or covers her up is indeed answered - Neither! He pushes her aside and runs away. lol

Ill give him points for knowing what to say later though, during his confession to Kuu (I am still trying to figure out how he knew where to look for her though). At least he realizes he has been not-so-polite towards Setsuna ... what do you know - he is not completely oblivious to his surroundings while living in a Nii-san dreamworld.

Speaking of his Nii-san ... was i the only one who burst out laughing at Kazuya's entrance, with the feathers and the orchestra playing in the background ?

Well, the reunion sure didn't go as Kyoshiro had planned ... i smell more angst during next ep. I highly doubt Kuu is going to follow Kazuya... though that, probably, won't stop Kazuya from taking her away anyway. Then Kyoshiro will give chase (after a lot of whining and crying about the situation ofc).

Looks like Kaon is free from whatever that seal holding/controlling her was.

Have to feel sorry for Setsuna ... she is sure getting the shortest end of the stick. And somehow i don't think she is going to make it out alive from all this mess. (And most likely kicking the bucket while protecting Kyoshiro/Kuu at that).

Can't wait for the next ep... maybe some light will be finally shed on why every one and his grandma is after Kuu.
Old 2007-02-26, 18:53   Link #823
Key Board
Donut

::urge to spoil rising::

let's just say the next episode will be both mean and touching... probably more of the former XD
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:58   Link #824
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Lol ... all that is left for this show's angst level to go trough the roof is for us to learn that Kuu can't have a "happily ever after" for some reason
Old 2007-02-26, 19:22   Link #825
Key Board
Donut

Now that I think of it, if Kuu had a random gibberish moe sound like "uguu" or "gao~" she would fit right in a Kanon
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 19:41   Link #826
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Now that I think of it, if Kuu had a random gibberish moe sound like "uguu" or "gao~" she would fit right in a Kanon
Does "Gronk" qualify as moe gibberish? Actually my all time favourite noise in anime made by a human is the "Nya" noise. Classic and timeless. (Of course my all time favourite anime noise period is Mobile Suit startup noise, not the Seed one the "Tsunununun" with the eyes flashing)
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 19:46   Link #827
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
ahh but she does have a catchphrase just as shiori has "i dont like it when people..." kuu has "hiken..."

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:20   Link #828
Aurelia aurita
???

For some reason...when Kyoshiro said he was going to "take care of business with Setsuna", I thought he was going to kill her....
But it might be a little too extreme.

On an unrelated note, the Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora OST is coming out on March 21.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:40   Link #829
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
So, got around to watching ep8.
Speaking of his Nii-san ... was i the only one who burst out laughing at Kazuya's entrance, with the feathers and the orchestra playing in the background ?

Well, the reunion sure didn't go as Kyoshiro had planned ... i smell more angst during next ep. I highly doubt Kuu is going to follow Kazuya... though that, probably, won't stop Kazuya from taking her away anyway. Then Kyoshiro will give chase (after a lot of whining and crying about the situation ofc).
For some reason, through that interesting (to say the very least) entrance, I kinda expected him to do something out of the blue, and when he did, I LMAO-ed.

Spoiler:

It's funny for the wrong reasons, like something else that recently came out this weekend. xD
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:15   Link #830
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

You laugh now, but when Kazuya knocks on your door and gives you white chocolates on St.White's Day - don't come crying to me. D:

**shotshotshotshot**

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 06:16   Link #831
Storm-and-Fire

Spoiler:
And did anyone else think that Kazuya > Kyoshiro in bastardness?
Old 2007-02-27, 06:19   Link #832
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8.

HOLY CRAP! PLOT TWISTS!

Ok, tell me we all see that coming
Spoiler:
Although, admittedly I didn't realize he was going to be a total bastard until the build up of that scene made it obvious. The progression of the plot is, to within certain bounds, fairly obvious, but every now and then there are these little things that I can't predict. But, I didn't appreciate
Spoiler:
timing, since he sorta interrupted what could have been quite an interesting conflict. I did also think Kyoshiro was a bit too quick to turn from "must kill all AAs" to "Kuu
Spoiler:
but I suppose the fact that they still have all these other conflicts to deal with between now and the end demands that they needed to get that out of the road ASAP. If anything, it gives a motivation for Kyoshiro to rescue Kuu in the future (and that cliffhanger says that she's gonna need some rescuing pretty soon).

Goddamn soundtrack is still far and away the best thing about this anime, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 06:22   Link #833
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post

Goddamn soundtrack is still far and away the best thing about this anime, though.
The OP is way out of place though It does not fit the mood at all ... we have our angsty start, and then we get cut with that anti-climatic OP Reminds me of Kanon's ED - also completely ruins the mood.
Old 2007-02-27, 06:33   Link #834
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Not all ED songs can be "You won't see me coming" unfortunately. The problem with ED songs is that I doubt most anime producers actually care at all about them and I'd imagine they sorta take the attitude "well, if it fits the mood of the end of the episode, so much the better... but it is a coincidence".

With that said, I don't mind Kanon's ED or (to remain on-topic) KnTnS's OP as stand-alone pieces. That they don't fit the mood of their respective series isn't really here nor there at the end of the day, since they don't have a great impact outside of the one and a half minutes that they play for (well, not the OP anyway... the ED is a whole nother kettle of fish, as anyone who's seen H&C would know). I think a lot of people probably skip them anyway.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 07:30   Link #835
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
The OP is way out of place though It does not fit the mood at all ... we have our angsty start, and then we get cut with that anti-climatic OP Reminds me of Kanon's ED - also completely ruins the mood.
You should see Zeta Gundam's opening and endings.

Opening Starts: "Aoku Nemuru Mizu No Hoshi Ni Sotto. happy happy,"
Show begins: Death, Kill, Smash, Hopeless Conflict,
Ending Starts: "Oh I can't help believing you. happy happy, Fa and Kamille hug, The End"
Old 2007-02-27, 07:33   Link #836
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
You should see Zeta Gundam's opening and endings. "Aoku Nemuru Mizu No Hoshi Ni Sotto. happy happy," Show begins, Death, Kill, Smash, Hopeless Conflict "Oh I can't help believing you. happy happy, Fa and Kamille hug"

Oh and Kanon's ending saved the show for me believe it or not. I never expected to get an early 90's anime music fix from the ending to that show, even though the game came out in the 90's. It was like, "Ah well that wasn't so ba... HOLY CRAP, awesome music. Sold." And oddly enough despite all odds being against the opening to this series with its idol popish nature, I don't mind it at all and plan to acquire it soon enough.
Old 2007-02-27, 12:20   Link #837
inaho

Quote:
^ Edit button is there for a reason you know How about simply editing your post to add more stuff, instead of triple-posting
gomen gomen & can someone help me how to delete a posts?

Last edited by inaho; 2007-02-27 at 12:36.
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:35   Link #838
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Spoiler:

You laugh now, but when Kazuya knocks on your door and gives you white chocolates on St.White's Day - don't come crying to me. D:

**shotshotshotshot**
hahaha...i think i just cracked a lung laughing...bishie sparkles...genius! XD

okey after watching the subs i can say that i was being a bit harsh on kyoshiro...still he needs to get his facts right ~ and im not talking about killing the AA's...who does he want to bed more? kuu or kazuya...its quite amusing to see him trying to jump into kazuya's chest without a thought of "hey wait a sec...im a grown man" then what comes next? *smack**bang* "im stealing kuu now"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 18:18   Link #839
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaho View Post
gomen gomen & can someone help me how to delete a posts?
You'll probably have to PM a moderator about that.

Episode 9 long preview!
Spoiler:

Right now, I'm not rating Kazuya as a bastard because he's against Kyoshiro. But that might change soon; he gives off the same vibes that I got from Kyoshiro at first.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 00:18   Link #840
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen