AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 15:55   Link #1
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Bandai USA negotiating for Zeta Movies

According to AnimeonDVD's report from Bandai's panel at Anime Expo, it looks like they are trying to get the Zeta Trilogy.

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=9748

Quote:
Bandai Entertainment @ Anime Expo (03:32 PM EST): Considered to have the least announcements, they've upped the ante again by saying they're in negotiations (which are not complete) for the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies. Bandai is also in negotiations for Mai-Otome.

They have announced the acquisition of .hack//ROOTS (26 episodes)
Good news in my opinion. Dubbed or not, it would be nice to get them all, and hopefully all at the same time as a box release
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 16:11   Link #2
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Good news in my opinion. Dubbed or not, it would be nice to get them all, and hopefully all at the same time as a box release

I agree it would be nice to have them all. A box set would be great but I can't help but think they would release them seperately to try to make more money. I hope not guess we'll see.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 21:32   Link #3
Panon

Probably the least surprising licensing annoucement so far.

The Zeta movies were a lock to be the next Gundam released.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 21:36   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

If they had announced they were negotiating for Turn A or X then I'd be surprised, but the Zeta Trilogy? It was more than a little expected. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 22:05   Link #5
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Yeah, I agree, it wasn't much of a surprise, especially since the individual Zeta series volumes appear to have done fairly well. I was hoping for ZZ or X, but no such luck there.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 23:16   Link #6
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

Color me Nostradamus.
Old 2006-07-05, 15:14   Link #7
Digital Kaiser

It looks like the AnimeSuki admins took ANN seriously when they said it was licensed and now have it listed as such.

This is incorrect as I was actually at both Bandai USA and the Bandai panel (as well as Gundam the Experience).

They said they're negotiating it, but they did not have it licensed yet, so ANN jumped the gun.

I, also, was hoping for ZZ or Turn-A.
Digital Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 18:47   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Kaiser
It looks like the AnimeSuki admins took ANN seriously when they said it was licensed and now have it listed as such.

This is incorrect as I was actually at both Bandai USA and the Bandai panel (as well as Gundam the Experience).

They said they're negotiating it, but they did not have it licensed yet, so ANN jumped the gun.

I, also, was hoping for ZZ or Turn-A.
It wasn't based on what ANN reported only. It was based on what was reported on AnimeOnDVD in their Bandai Entertainment Panel roundup.

From this, it was clear that only Mai-Otome was in negotiations still.
Quote:
Bandai started their panel right off with trailers of new licenses. In order of appearance:

Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki (Clockwork Fighters) – Bones’ first anime series, vol. 1 out this Fall
Great Horror Family - 13 episode live action, comedy horror series out on Oct. 10
Cutey Honey Live Action Movie - 2007 release
Ghost in the Shell SAC: Laughing Man and Individual 11 OAVs - 2007 release
Ghost in the Shell SAC: Solid State Society - continuation of 2nd Gig, 2 hours long
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies 1-3 - premiering at Chicago Film Festival in which Tomino will make an appearance at
.hack//Roots - 2007 release, Bandai working on possible TV broadcast and promotional tie in with the. hack//G.U. videogames

Bandai also showed a trailer for Mai Otome, but made it clear that they are still negotiating on a contract for the show
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 23:34   Link #9
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Yes, but I too was at the Bandai Panel, ran the Gundam Experience fan panel, and can confirm this. They said they were in the process of negotiating the license, but it is not officially licensed yet. The Zeta films are NOT yet licensed! I have little doubt they will be soon, but they are not yet.

Additionally, I asked them the following questions and received the following responses:

1. Will we ever see a release of the Japanese audio version of 0079 in boxset form or otherwise?

Answer: The Sunrise director was at the panel and said they were thinking about it.

2. Will we see the licensing of any other Universal Century properties like ZZ and V any time soon?

Answer: My memory may be a bit rusty as it was hard to hear the answer, but it was essentially a repeat of Bandai's previous "Yes, but we can't say when."

3. Will Bandai change the release rates of the Gundam SEED Destiny DVDs back to the 2 discs every other month format like with SEED?

Answer: No. They switched to one disc per release so that more distributors will order more discs, and so that sales of each series will increase in the long run. It's a bit annoying for the fans like ourselves, but it insures that more copies of the series are made avaliable.

I didn't ask the next one... and my memory is a bit fuzzy, but...

4. Can we expect any of the SEED OVAs to be released anytime soon (Wasn't sure if this was referring to Stargazer, or Final Plus, but still)?

Answer: Bandai has been looking into it, so we shall see. I'm hoping this means that Final Plus will be included on the last SEED DVD, as it was definitely the superior version of the Destiny ending (and the only version I even acknowledge anymore...).
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote