AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-26, 10:04   Link #1041
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Tales of Graces' HP is no homepage. It's a big Flash object.

I've read the Destructoid preview. 70 hours? I hope that's not just the main story, because it'll likely be drawn out then and filled with a lot of side quests. A bit like how Tales of Symphonia was done.

I find it encouraging that it's done by the Destiny team, though. I heard they actually experiment with the battle system instead of continually making polished copies of Tales of Phantasia's battle system. But most of their games don't get released outside of Japan.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:54   Link #1042
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Awesome

But they probably won't give us a option to chose the japans Language
I read that this game will be the biggest DS game yet. It uses an 4GB card.
Well I hope they will conserve it The thing that I find really exciting with this game is that you will have a real book with you where you can find the symbols for your magic

Gametrailer review of Dead Space : Extraction :

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...ad-space/56794

It seems really good. Probably my next game on Wii
Old 2009-09-26, 11:41   Link #1043
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well Mutsumi Inomata did the design for Destiny, Destiny 2, Rebirth, (Tempest?), Innocence, Hearts and now for Graces. Basically titles where members of the former team destiny is more involved in. Kosuke Fujishima, on the other hand, is normally associated with team symphonia, who also did the designs for abyss and vesperia.
It really depends how you look at it i guess, because Innocence was released in 2007, Vesperia in Aug/2008 and Hearts in Dec/2008.

Honds on ToG at Destructiod
I prefer team symphonia but that's just a personal preference.
Old 2009-09-26, 13:34   Link #1044
Sides

More impression on ToG at andriasang.com
Team Destiny and Team Symphonia doesn't really exist anymore, in a sense. Like most companies the teams in tales studios are not ridged, so you get people wandering around giving a hand where help is required. But you can see traces of Team Destiny with Graces and Team Symphonia with Vesperia. But if i recall correctly the guys who designed and programmed Vesperia, called themselves Team Vesperia.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 18:05   Link #1045
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm pretty sure that it's team symphonia that worked on Tales of Vesperia while Team Destiny worked on ToS2.
Old 2009-09-26, 19:26   Link #1046
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's team symphonia that worked on Tales of Vesperia while Team Destiny worked on ToS2.
Nope, TOS2:KoR is by Team Ratatosk and ToV by Team Vesperia. Team Destiny and Symphonia doesn't exist anymore. Most people used to refer to the 2D main line titles as Team Destiny projects, where as the main line 3D ones as Team Symphonia. But that changed, since ToH and ToV.
Old 2009-09-27, 00:41   Link #1047
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Nope, TOS2:KoR is by Team Ratatosk and ToV by Team Vesperia. Team Destiny and Symphonia doesn't exist anymore. Most people used to refer to the 2D main line titles as Team Destiny projects, where as the main line 3D ones as Team Symphonia. But that changed, since ToH and ToV.
I don't recall that happening, since during ToS2's and ToV's production people were clearly stating Team Destiny. Well whatever the case may be it doesn't matter. All that matters to me is that I prefer Kosuke Fujishima designs.
Old 2009-09-27, 03:34   Link #1048
Sides

More ToG on dengeki. I think they confirmed that BoA will do the theme song, or songs for Graces. If you check the dengeki site, you'll notice that the also confirmed new DLC for ToV (PS3 only?), First Strike costumes for yuri and Flynn.
Old 2009-09-27, 11:34   Link #1049
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
More ToG on dengeki. I think they confirmed that BoA will do the theme song, or songs for Graces. If you check the dengeki site, you'll notice that the also confirmed new DLC for ToV (PS3 only?), First Strike costumes for yuri and Flynn.
Boa? really? O_o that's a shocker if its true, she's an international pop star.
Old 2009-09-29, 11:46   Link #1050
Sides

Yep, has been confirmed BoA will sing the theme to TOG.
BTW TOG hp updated with new PVs, i'm assuming it is the stuff shown in this years TGS. I'm checking it out atm, so not 100% sure.

http://tog.namco-ch.net/
Old 2009-09-29, 11:57   Link #1051
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

There is a thread for Tales of Grace here :

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85055

>_>
Old 2009-09-29, 11:57   Link #1052
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Nice, love the fact that Boa will be doing song for one of my favorite game franchise.
Old 2009-09-29, 21:12   Link #1053
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
There is a thread for Tales of Grace here :

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85055

>_>
Yes, but this is a general thread for all things Wii. Posting information on ToG, which is a Wii game, is perfectly viable.
Old 2009-09-29, 21:27   Link #1054
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yes, but this is a general thread for all things Wii. Posting information on ToG, which is a Wii game, is perfectly viable.
Exactly. This is the thread for general stuff related to the Wii. Therefore, the TOG thread is more suitable for TOG information.
By your logic, we might as well all post stuff on on-going anime in the general anime thread because it is the general thread for anime. There might be a thread just for the anime, but who cares, it fits in general anime, so we should all go post there, I understand.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 22:19   Link #1055
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Exactly. This is the thread for general stuff related to the Wii. Therefore, the TOG thread is more suitable for TOG information.
By your logic, we might as well all post stuff on on-going anime in the general anime thread because it is the general thread for anime. There might be a thread just for the anime, but who cares, it fits in general anime, so we should all go post there, I understand.
U kinda confuzzled me lol
Old 2009-09-29, 22:30   Link #1056
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
U kinda confuzzled me lol
You got to fix your sarcasm detector.
Anyhow nothing wrong with posting info about TOG here, general Wii stuff means the game as well. We are not going to talk about how cool different color Wiis are.
Old 2009-09-29, 22:32   Link #1057
Tokkan

Quote:
Funny, you're saying people can't get away with news, trailers and impressions in the Wii thread even though people get away with things like that all the time in the PS3 thread and they've been getting away with it in the past here.

The thing is, there's nothing wrong with posting news for Wii games in the Wii thread. Now if we were talking about actual discussion and speculation about said games, you'd be in the right. But I don't see any real discussion about ToG, only comments about the news.
Old 2009-09-29, 23:04   Link #1058
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Funny, you're saying people can't get away with news, trailers and impressions in the Wii thread even though people get away with things like that all the time in the PS3 thread and they've been getting away with it in the past here.

The thing is, there's nothing wrong with posting news for Wii games in the Wii thread. Now if we were talking about actual discussion and speculation about said games, you'd be in the right. But I don't see any real discussion about ToG, only comments about the news.
In the first place, I don't know what you are trying to mean by "get away", and I never even said the word "get away".
Second, I don't constantly go to that thread, so please give an example where there is already a thread for a game and people still continue talking about it in the general thread.
Third, if you want an example, people started talking a lot about a certain eroge, so a moderator moved it to a separate thread.

The way you are saying it sounds like you are just playing with words. To your benefit, anything you want to talk about can not be "real" discussion.
The team that creates it, the theme singer, etc. Those topics are not part of discussing the game itself? That isn't "real" discussion of the game? Don't tell me the creator of the game and the person singing the game's song doesn't involve the game. That isn't general stuff about the Wii (which this topic is about), this is general stuff of TOG, which is a game on the Wii. Subject = TOG <--

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-30, 00:02   Link #1059
Tokkan

Quote:
The way you are saying it sounds like you are just playing with words. To your benefit, anything you want to talk about can not be "real" discussion.
The team that creates it, the theme singer, etc. Those topics are not part of discussing the game itself? That isn't "real" discussion of the game? Don't tell me the creator of the game and the person singing the game's song doesn't involve the game. That isn't general stuff about the Wii (which this topic is about), this is general stuff of TOG, which is a game on the Wii. Subject = TOG <--
I'm not saying posting all that news about the theme song is right, but posting things like news or impressions about it is well within the scope of the thread, since it is a game for the Wii. Simply posting news, however, is not discussion. It's fuel for discussion, but it's not discussion. Discussion implies a dialogue of some nature, be it debate or speculation. News is not a discussion, it's a statement. Now in this thread, we can involve news about Wii games in our discussions, but as you said we can not make specific games the centre of discussion. News about any Wii game is perfectly alright, but it can not be the centre of discussion.
Old 2009-09-30, 13:15   Link #1060
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
I'm not saying posting all that news about the theme song is right, but posting things like news or impressions about it is well within the scope of the thread, since it is a game for the Wii. Simply posting news, however, is not discussion. It's fuel for discussion, but it's not discussion. Discussion implies a dialogue of some nature, be it debate or speculation.

News is not a discussion, it's a statement. Now in this thread, we can involve news about Wii games in our discussions, but as you said we can not make specific games the centre of discussion. News about any Wii game is perfectly alright, but it can not be the centre of discussion.
Right. I'm sure the few posts from post #1045 and after do not count as a discussion. (-_-)

That's right, you can make announcements of games, like "TOG is going to be released on the Wii". But stuff like its staff or singer is stuff related to TOG, so it fits more in the TOG thread.
Okay, let's say you can...
The question is, just why aren't you guys posting in the thread for the game then? Don't tell me you can't put announcements for the game in the game thread, right?
Even if it does fit the Wii thread, it fits the TOG thread even more.

So the question is why are you and etc. (Like Sides) not posting in it? I mean, I will understand if your religion or belief requires you not to post stuff in the thread that fits the material the most...

Tags
console, wii