AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-09, 13:39   Link #141
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

PS3 Forgotten, Wii Anticipated.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/744/744967p1.html

Quote:
And so, we can report today that no one has started to line up for the PlayStation 3 in Japan. This is based on a tour we took today of Tokyo's biggest game shops. That's right, the Bics, the Yodobashis, the Tsutayas, the Sakurayas, the Don Quixotes. No matter where we looked, no one was lining up for the 11/11 launch.
Quote:
All those people may be standing in front of a PS3 display, but they're actually waiting for a Wii. Mega media retailer Tsutaya started Wii pre-orders on Thursday morning at 10:00, following a quiet announcement a couple of days prior. IGN checked in at the Shibuya Tsutaya outlet at 10:30 and found a line of at least 200 people waiting to pre-order a unit.
The image the above quote is referring to.
Spoiler:

Read the article for the full story.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-11-09 at 17:50. Reason: Threads merged. Each of the consoles only gets one thread for fans to cheer. Go to GameFAQs if you want more.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 14:18   Link #142
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

It's beautiful. Now I just hope Europe and US follow suit
Old 2006-11-09, 14:33   Link #143
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Nah, when you have fools that start camping for the PS3 NINE days before the launch, you know it is totally not forgotten

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-cam...buy-213422.php
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127945

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 14:36   Link #144
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

Jesus Christ. How can these people afford a PS3? They obviously don't have jobs or a home to go to.
Old 2006-11-09, 14:43   Link #145
noisytime
Insignificant Member

Is that woman pregnant?? And she's first in line.
noisytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 16:35   Link #146
Lebron
I hear voices

Not surprising, IGN runs a weekly Lust List of everyones top games, and for the past 2 months its all been 360/Wii games, and like a few PS2 ones. No PS3 games. Then again, most of everyones anticipated titles for the PS3, have gotten delayed till next year, so yea its not that big of a shock. Also Japan is DS country, and since Wii and DS run hand in hand, its just common sense that the craze for the Wii is high. Hell Japan is barely gettin any PS3s to begin with, most of the supply is going to the North American release.

Now will the Wii follow suit in Europe and America, iono. Maybe in Europe, not so sure about America. I just see them flocking toward either PS3 or 360, or just sticking with their last gen consoles for a bit longer. Due to the price of next-gen and all. Then again, you never know.
Old 2006-11-09, 16:47   Link #147
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Did any of y'all actually bother to read the whole article???

???

???

The reason no one was lining up is because (as the article explains), most retailers are going with a lottery system and handing out lottery tickets on specific days. The Wii, in contrast, is having a straight up pre-order/buy distribution.

Come on...I know each of us has a little fanboy inside, and some people keep the fanboy in weaker cages, but really- let's at least AIM for a semblance of objectivity. All 3 next-gen consoles are going to have some amazing games.
Old 2006-11-09, 16:56   Link #148
Lebron
I hear voices

I never said it wouldn't have amazing games, if your addressing me that is. I'm just saying I think that the main reason why, in Japan that is, the PS3 doesn't seem to be all the rave. Is mainly because, of for one the shortage, last I checked they are getting less than 100k units on launch, and most of the PS3 games on Famitsu top wanted list aren't coming out till the earliest of late '07. Not to mention, if you been following the DS news in Japan, you know that little handheld is like "Holy" over there. So it seems this time around, the PS3, atleast over in Japan, won't have it as easy as it did last gen. I mean starting right out the gates, thats is. It could easily change in time, and I would be real surprised if it didn't.

Its not a bash on the PS3, just stating the obvioious. But yea, like you said, all 3 systems will have AAA games. Wakakaka
Old 2006-11-09, 16:59   Link #149
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I never said it wouldn't have amazing games, if your addressing me that is.

Its not a bash on the PS3, just stating the obvioious. But yea, like you said, all 3 systems will have AAA games. Wakakaka
Well...I was mostly directing my ire at the name of the thread and the cherry-picking of the threadstarter- though it does seem that IGN UK wrote the news story as to encourage such cherrypicking. You don't find out WHY there aren't any PS3 lines unless you scroll down.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:02   Link #150
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Well...I was mostly directing my ire at the name of the thread and the cherry-picking of the threadstarter- though it does seem that IGN UK wrote the news story as to encourage such cherrypicking. You don't find out WHY there aren't any PS3 lines unless you scroll down.
Yeah, thats journalism for you. It sounds like they are a little biased with Sony, right now. I mean it is in the UK, maybe they are a little pissed about the recent delay. Also yea like you said, I think they just want to start some mess. Get some fanboys pissed, which will cause more clicks to their site.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:33   Link #151
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Send a message via Yahoo to Taraqs
I think the Wii will own and PS3 will be second Microsoft just sucked at presenting their console and the issuses that came along with it did not help it at all.
Taraqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 17:35   Link #152
Lebron
I hear voices

Guess your talking about Japan, huh?
Old 2006-11-09, 17:38   Link #153
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Quote:
Guess your talking about Japan, huh?
And the US.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:40   Link #154
Lebron
I hear voices

Wow, big prediction there. Lets see if it pans out like that
Old 2006-11-09, 17:42   Link #155
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Quote:
Wow, big prediction there. Lets see if it pans out like that
Yea hopefully it will.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:53   Link #156
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraqs View Post
Yea hopefully it will.
Yup should be intresting this go round.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:56   Link #157
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Quote:
Yup should be intresting this go round.
Yes it should. Thats If Nintendo dosen't follow Microsoft's steps in Presenting it to the consumers.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:00   Link #158
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
I think the Wii will own and PS3 will be second Microsoft just sucked at presenting their console and the issuses that came along with it did not help it at all.
The Wii is still too kid-oriented to win in the long run. Just take a look at the launch list.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:01   Link #159
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Yes it should. Thats If Nintendo dosen't follow Microsoft's steps in Presenting it to the consumers.
Not really. More like if they can keep up the heat, unlike their showing with Gamecube. Talking about in the US, thats is. You seem to have some kind of personal vendetta with MS or something, so i'm not even going to bother commenting on that.

Yeah, too add to what wshiet said. That was their main problem with the Nintendos showing. If they want to win in America, they going to have to bring out the Sports and the Violence. It sad, but that seems to be the real money makers these days, in the US. Hopefully they will have a strong showing late next year. To combat PS3's and 360's big AAA titles hitting, ala MGS4, GTA4, maybe Halo3, and Assassins Creed. There are some others, but those seem to be the talk of the town lately
Old 2006-11-09, 18:03   Link #160
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Quote:
Not really. More like if they can keep up the heat, unlike their showing with Gamecube. Talking about in the US, thats is. You seem to have some kind of personal vendetta with MS or something, so i'm not even going to bother commenting on that.
I do have a personal vendetta with MS. And the Gamecube had an ok launch but It could have been better.

Tags
console, wii