AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-27, 22:40   Link #61
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
Perhaps Sunrise is on good terms with Bandai and vice versa.
The R2 DVDs were also produced by Bandai Visual.
Old 2007-03-28, 04:20   Link #62
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
Perhaps Sunrise is on good terms with Bandai and vice versa.
They would be. Sunrise is a subsidiary of Bandai Japan. To be specific, Bandai owns 99.1% of Sunrise, so they are not a wholely owned subsidiary.
Old 2007-04-22, 05:25   Link #63
saitoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Since Bandai have licensed Mai Otome, AnimeSuki will no longer list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find Mai Otome downloads.
  • Providing links to Mai Otome downloads.
  • Discussing Mai Otome fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Mai Otome
  • Asking for playback help for Mai Otome episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. This thread may be used to discuss aspects of the license.

At this point in time, we (AnimeSuki) do not consider Mai Otome Zwei to be licensed. Mai HiME was licensed back in 2005.
If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. Please use the Report button if you notice any of the above rules being broken.
<End of edit by Mod (xris)>

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=11322

Bandai has the license. I don't think they have it for Zwei though, as Sunrise seemingly considers that a seperate series and Mai-HiME Project is calling it their 3rd production.
hey So this mean u guys can still upload the Zwei right?
Old 2007-04-22, 06:41   Link #64
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoly View Post
hey So this mean u guys can still upload the Zwei right?
It's easy, if it's listed on AnimeSuki then it's not considered as licensed (yet).

Mai Otome Zwei is still listed.
Old 2007-04-25, 23:49   Link #65
Asrialys

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=11705

Quote:
My-Otome Vol. #1 (also w/limited edition) - 100 minutes - $24.98/49.98 - 07/17/2007

The My-Otome box is identical to the one used for My-Hime Vol. #7 except it's blue in nature and features characters for that series.
Aw, no pictures. And I hope that "of 12" thing on its page was a typo. Japan only had nine DVDs I believe. And even if they got Zwei, they'd probably release that on one DVD. So I believe it was just a typo.

EDIT: Heh, the price is a bit much. But I will be getting that LE. Ergh, and the second volume of Haruhi comes out the same month. 2007 really is a bad year for someone like me who can't resist buying the anime he or she likes, along with any LEs available.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-04-26 at 00:16.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:11   Link #66
Midonin
Last Engage

I really hope that they release Zwei on one DVD later on. Looking forward to getting the first volume, and every one thereafter.
Old 2007-07-21, 14:32   Link #67
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

My-ZHiME Zwei Licensed:

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=12249
Old 2007-07-22, 18:42   Link #68
Sakuya
*Artist

I almost forgot My-Otome was licensed so I was incredibly surprised to see Arika and Nina on the cover of a DVD at a video store yesterday. I thought they were selling the R2 DVDs. But on closer inspection, it was the R1 My-Otome Vol.1 DVD.

So did anyone buy it? Care to comment on the English dub and whether Mashiro is voiced by the same VA who did MH Mashiro? I'm just curious.
Old 2007-07-23, 07:38   Link #69
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I almost forgot My-Otome was licensed so I was incredibly surprised to see Arika and Nina on the cover of a DVD at a video store yesterday. I thought they were selling the R2 DVDs. But on closer inspection, it was the R1 My-Otome Vol.1 DVD.

So did anyone buy it? Care to comment on the English dub and whether Mashiro is voiced by the same VA who did MH Mashiro? I'm just curious.
According to ANN, it is. I wasn't too happy with the dub of HiME so I'm kinda worried about Otome.
Old 2007-07-25, 17:26   Link #70
Kensuke

Yes, I got vol. 1 today, time to enjoy Otome again.

Oh, and hurrah for "de-fogged" bath scenes! I still have the fansubs so I made some comparisons.
Spoiler for skin and nosebleeds:
Closed Thread