AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-07-01, 16:30   Link #1
I love waffles!

How can I get videos and music onto my PSP?

I got the cord to connect it to the computer, Now what do I do?
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 23:20   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Convert whatever music you want to put on your PSP to MP3 format (if it isn't that already)
and simply put it in the /PSP/MUSIC/ folder on your PSP. You can create seperate folders
for each album when you do that (but not nested, so no folder-in-folder albums).

To convert video, I'd recommend: http://www.pspvideo9.com/ -- that app also has a buld-in
option to copy the video to the PSP. It may not be the best app btw, but it's the easiest probably.

Also don't forget to set the PSP in "USB connection mode" under "Settings", so that your
PC will recognize the PSP as sort-of a memorycard (or a removable device at the least).

Btw, you can put JPG files into the /PSP/PHOTO/ folder to view them on the move, and you
can also make a backup copy of the /PSP/SAVEDATA/ folder so that your savegames are safe.

Last, since the screen is so small I don't recommend the PSP for watching anime, unless you
enjoy reading really small subtitles. But it works great for other TV shows (especially if they're
widescreen shows so that they'll fill the whole screen of the PSP).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 12:04   Link #3
TaMs

Send a message via MSN to TaMs
They dont have to be in mp3 form
Old 2006-07-03, 07:09   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaMs
They dont have to be in mp3 form
Er yes, they can also be WMA or AAC, as long as the files don't have DRM.
I just mentioned MP3 because it's hard to run into problems with that format...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 16:12   Link #5
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Convert whatever music you want to put on your PSP to MP3 format (if it isn't that already)
and simply put it in the /PSP/MUSIC/ folder on your PSP. You can create seperate folders
for each album when you do that (but not nested, so no folder-in-folder albums).

To convert video, I'd recommend: http://www.pspvideo9.com/ -- that app also has a buld-in
option to copy the video to the PSP. It may not be the best app btw, but it's the easiest probably.

Also don't forget to set the PSP in "USB connection mode" under "Settings", so that your
PC will recognize the PSP as sort-of a memorycard (or a removable device at the least).

Btw, you can put JPG files into the /PSP/PHOTO/ folder to view them on the move, and you
can also make a backup copy of the /PSP/SAVEDATA/ folder so that your savegames are safe.

Last, since the screen is so small I don't recommend the PSP for watching anime, unless you
enjoy reading really small subtitles. But it works great for other TV shows (especially if they're
widescreen shows so that they'll fill the whole screen of the PSP).
Thank you, I got it now.
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote