AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-12, 00:18   Link #241
wao
OK.

Yeah, this show is making me start to think it'd be a good idea to have prescoring for more anime in the future...

The quality of the acting + soudn is so good that there are some very obvious scenes where the sound alone conveys a lot more than the static images. There really are some conversations where I just shut my eyes and listen, and it's better than listening to it with the visuals.

They really should do some sort of drama CD for this man, it's begging for one... the characters are interesting, the conversations are engaging* and of course the seiyuu are excellent (at least the sound direction is).

*I must mention that Rachel's jaded responses to Rose in episode 6 were very refreshing - "so what, we're going to combine our powers save the world from monsters? Well all you do is just get scared and cry, of course..."
I can't help but grin at her direct and hard-hitting way of saying things.

You know one thing about this show, the characters really sound and feel like real high-school girls...
Old 2006-11-12, 00:40   Link #242
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Well, I liked Episode 6, if that is any surprise. 8)

Rose doing the <3 face in the lemon-eating scene simply had me floored. I mean, it was almost as if she was going to utter "uguu~~~" or some other cutesy crap. I think I'd have had a heart attack if she did. 8)

And speaking of lemons... was it lemon juice that Hevre had Mireille drink where Hevre's sister said that Mireille wasn't feeling well?

Sound editing was through the roof. The moment where they have Rachel singing, Lula talking to Kate AND Kate and Rose talking to Rachel all at the same time and perfectly synced to overlap and create an ambient sound... WOW... just WOW.

This is the second show this year after Noein where the sound editing is simply leaving me speechless.
T_T no chinese subs for me to review it yet desuyo~

But well, interestingly enough, I wonder what will happen if KATE was to collapse. To me, she is the only person that can hold the four together. Claire is externally strong but she's probably weaker than even Rose, with the exception of Rachel being well totally out there.

I just got a feeling Kate will snap....soon.

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 16:30   Link #243
Guido

Holy, cahoots!

The story has met the first poignant point.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 12:41   Link #244
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Holy, cahoots!

The story has met the first poignant point.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Click the signature!
Old 2006-11-14, 23:35   Link #245
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

The song is back again in ep7. This time sang by Herve.
From what I heard so far, his singing is the worst, because it's so off-key.

Also, the plot thickens in this episode.
Spoiler for ep7:

EDIT:
Spoiler for some thoughts on ep6:

Check out this story
Current Favorites: Red Garden, Soukou no Strain, Asatte no Houkou, CODE Geass, Death Note, Irohanihoheto

Last edited by DoReMiFaSo; 2006-11-15 at 00:11.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:20   Link #246
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post

Also, the plot thickens in this episode.
Spoiler for ep7:

EDIT:
Spoiler for some thoughts on ep6:
Spoiler:

And Episode 6 + Screenshots, it might explain a bit.

Click the signature!

Last edited by Impz; 2006-11-15 at 07:51.
Old 2006-11-15, 08:59   Link #247
mintyfresh
Altoid

I feel like I haven't been here forever....

Quote:
I was so excited! The singing is like a pleasant surprise, and highly enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously. I don't know what I'm gonna do when this show's finished. What's anime without off-key songs now?

Oh and about this episode..
Spoiler:

Other than that, however, everyone was so happy this episode! Good for them.

Also, I wonder if anyone else has seen those DVD CMs where the show pokes fun at itself.

Made of unexpected and lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ysqZlWf2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voWEXKObKfc
Old 2006-11-15, 09:40   Link #248
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Oh, well, you could say that nothing much happened in episode five but the way this nothing happened made me confident this is really going to be my favourite series this season. Does this statement make me look like a total fanboy, I wonder?

Quote:
All thoughts and images about Claire being a strong person were once smashed when she too violently snapped and hallucinated that someone intruded inside the mansion. She was on fear that it might be another beast man when in fact it was rat.
Aren't you exaggerrating things a bit? Hallucinated? Maybe I am a coward too but if I visit the house where I had been "killed" not so long ago, I would assume the worst about every suspicious noise. What looked weird to me is Kate staying so calm in that situation, though she looked more frightened than Claire just minutes before this.

I can't figure out evil blond guy's motiation which is a good thing (for now).

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 17:49   Link #249
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

The emotional aspect of the charcters have really turned up a notch and the plot just keeps drawing you in. When i watch Red Garden i ask my self if i were in their shoes would i have the strength to carry on i find i get drawn in more that way

Out of the 4 girls who do you guys think is the strongerst the one that can pull and hold the rest together emotionally?
Old 2006-11-15, 20:10   Link #250
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Out of the 4 girls who do you guys think is the strongerst the one that can pull and hold the rest together emotionally?
I think it would be Kate. She has been doing that ever since the beginning. She befriends Rose, talks to Claire, and tries to help Rachel. Also, she slaps Rachel to senses when she go bonkers. It's like she's the leader of the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
I was so excited! The singing is like a pleasant surprise, and highly enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously. I don't know what I'm gonna do when this show's finished. What's anime without off-key songs now?
I like the singing in general, but he's too off-key, which makes it less pleasant.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation after ep 7:

Check out this story
Current Favorites: Red Garden, Soukou no Strain, Asatte no Houkou, CODE Geass, Death Note, Irohanihoheto
Old 2006-11-16, 15:47   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I've made a page with pictures of the main voice actors, alongside their characters, including links to info pages for each VA: Tomosaka Akira, Tsuji Ayumi, Shintani Ryouko, Sawashiro Miyuki, Fukuen Misato, Tanaka Rie, and Kondou Takashi (that's the order the VAs are named in on the official site).

As I say in my blog, some are well-known names, but Kate and Rose in particular -- and Lise to a lesser extent -- are played by comparative newcomers. As I also say, I hope the out-of-character pics are more interesting than they are disturbing.

I also discovered a thread on 2channel making fun of some commercials for the DVDs. They were based on insert songs:
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver1
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver2
They can make fun all they want, as long as they keep giving the show this extra exposure, lol.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 19:52   Link #252
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver1
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver2
They can make fun all they want, as long as they keep giving the show this extra exposure, lol.
They seem funny. Too bad I don't understand all of it.

Check out this story
Old 2006-11-16, 20:55   Link #253
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I think it would be Kate. She has been doing that ever since the beginning. She befriends Rose, talks to Claire, and tries to help Rachel. Also, she slaps Rachel to senses when she go bonkers. It's like she's the leader of the group.
Well, Kate seems like the best bet early on in the series but I wouldn't be so sure. I keep expecting her to crack at some point (possibly something to do with Grace). I doubt the group will have a real leader. If anything, Rachel and Claire's egos are a bit too big to allow anyone to boss them around. Kate seems to be good at persuading people but I have my doubt she is good enough to subtly manipulate Rachel and Claire into doing what she thinks needs to be done for the good of the group. I can see her continuing to try and help the others but them accepting her help and heeding her advice is a different matter. And despite her breaking down in episode five, I think Claire can hold the group together in the toughest "kill or be killed" situations.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 22:46   Link #254
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I also discovered a thread on 2channel making fun of some commercials for the DVDs. They were based on insert songs:
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver1
RED GARDEN DVD CM ver2
That was painful for CMs. You would have thought that they would have cleaned up the singing for the CMs.

I think that Kate is the strongest with Claire as second strongest.
Old 2006-11-16, 23:38   Link #255
mintyfresh
Altoid

Well, Kate certainly seems like the one who has it the most together (considering her that I'm grading her on a curve set by the other three), and I actually don't see her stability degrading too much. In fact, only after she begins to believe that there's nothing left that she can do to help the other girls is when I think she herself may also start to slip into a deep depression. Until then, she'll most likely lean closer to the positive side of things. That's just the character I believe Kate to be..

...Huh, I think I like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That was painful for CMs. You would have thought that they would have cleaned up the singing for the CMs.
you're missing the point.. : (
Old 2006-11-17, 09:43   Link #256
orion

Quote:
you're missing the point.. : (
Well, then please tell me what I missed. I assumed that was the original audio for the CMs. If you watched the eps, then you know why and are used to it. If you haven't, then the singing may turn you off to the series, despite the goodies included in DVD Box 1. 18,000 JPY is equivalent to 152.40 USD ($152.40).
Old 2006-11-17, 10:26   Link #257
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Well, Kate seems like the best bet early on in the series but I wouldn't be so sure. I keep expecting her to crack at some point (possibly something to do with Grace). I doubt the group will have a real leader. If anything, Rachel and Claire's egos are a bit too big to allow anyone to boss them around. Kate seems to be good at persuading people but I have my doubt she is good enough to subtly manipulate Rachel and Claire into doing what she thinks needs to be done for the good of the group. I can see her continuing to try and help the others but them accepting her help and heeding her advice is a different matter. And despite her breaking down in episode five, I think Claire can hold the group together in the toughest "kill or be killed" situations.
I think Claire would be the "leader" when they are fighting, but I don't think she's good at holding the group together emotionally. She would go, "Oh, she's sulking? Whatever. Let her sulk all she wants." Kate appears stronger as they show more episodes. Wait till you watch ep 6. Kate literally slaps Rachel to senses. That's was cool.

Quote:
Well, Kate certainly seems like the one who has it the most together (considering her that I'm grading her on a curve set by the other three), and I actually don't see her stability degrading too much. In fact, only after she begins to believe that there's nothing left that she can do to help the other girls is when I think she herself may also start to slip into a deep depression. Until then, she'll most likely lean closer to the positive side of things. That's just the character I believe Kate to be..
I agree. At first, I thought Kate is bottling her emotions and is going to snap one day. But now, I think that possibility has reduced. She will probably keep the way she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, then please tell me what I missed. I assumed that was the original audio for the CMs. If you watched the eps, then you know why and are used to it. If you haven't, then the singing may turn you off to the series, despite the goodies included in DVD Box 1. 18,000 JPY is equivalent to 152.40 USD ($152.40).
I am not good at Japanese. But from what I've gathered, the lyrics in the CM is different from the ones used in the series. I think she's singing about the DVD and making fun of the show. It would be nice if someone can translate that.

Check out this story
Old 2006-11-17, 10:45   Link #258
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

i do agree with doremiso on the part that kate is the one that is holding up the emotional part of the group. Even in the combat side, she is not losing out, since she seems to be the next useful (even better than rachel) in combat skills. Claire seems to be still lost in what she wants to do, but she is slowly taking it well after being with Kate.

I believe that Kate will not be a leader (she's hardly leader material honestly) but a good support for the outward Claire who will lead the girls in the fights.

Click the signature!
Old 2006-11-17, 10:50   Link #259
orion

Quote:
I am not good at Japanese. But from what I've gathered, the lyrics in the CM is different from the ones used in the series. I think she's singing about the DVD and making fun of the show. It would be nice if someone can translate that.
Me neither.

So, it's a parody CM for DVD Box 1 and not a straight one. It is intentionally painful to listen too. I would have thought that they would have done a straight CM since it carries a hefty 18,000 JPY price tag. Unless, the CM is about Kate's crying because she has to pay that price for DVD Box 1. We definitely need the lyrics then.
Old 2006-11-17, 10:56   Link #260
wao
OK.

First CM:

Rokuwa mo - haitte (There's even 6 episodes inside)
Tokubetsu something (I think she is referring to the special things that come with this release - see the list**)
Hatsubai - maji ka yo (On sale - for real, you serious?*)
Sugu ni kaitai (I want to buy it now)

It's gut-bursting funny when she sings it in that very seriously sad voice....

*Maji ka yo is something I would never expect her to say

**The stuff on the list you see are the extra things taht come with the limited ed. version:

*Special USB flash memory stick/card thing
*Explanation book thing (100 pages)
*Special box (for putting in dvds... empty box thing)
*Audio commentary
*Special footage (video of the prescoring, seiyuu interviews)
*Picture label (?)

The second CM:

DVD - Rokuwa iri
(DVD - Contains 6 episodes)
Oshiete hoshii - hatsubai bi
(Please tell me - the date of release).

LMAO, is this a real trailer? That's so creative!

Conclusion: It costs so much because it has 3 discs with 2 episodes in it all being sold together as a total of 6 episodes
And upon watching it again, I think this is the real CM. I don't think fans would dare to add on that Gonzo visual thing in front and furthermore put on credits saying "作詞:松尾衡 (Lyrics by Kou Matsuo)".

Tags
drama, supernatural