AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 19:37   Link #581
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Seeker View Post
i'm gonna watch this as a tribute to the tv red garden. i doubt this serires will be quite the same as the tv series so i'm going to keep my hopes down. the lower the hope; the better the surprise when the ova surpasses my expectations!
Me too. The series was great, but ova's can be hit and miss. I'm just hoping it's a direct sequel and that they don't just ignore the first series like Mai-Otome did (and half hearted references don't count!). So far it looks promising though.
Old 2007-04-18, 09:28   Link #582
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
What an interesting coincidence. Gilgamesh was also the first anime that came into my mind after I finished RG, not because I liked them but rather I was disappointed by both in the same way. Both Gilgamesh and RG started off with a dark, mysterious feel to them. The initial suspense had me hooked on these 2 shows immediately. But the ending and the cause they fought for turned out to be so stupid and trivial that I was left feeling very unsatisfied.
Spoiler for about Red Garden ending:

Spoiler for about Gilgamesh ending:
Old 2007-04-18, 18:21   Link #583
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
New Kate looks bad ass I always liked her as a character the new look just adds to her appeal for me.

My guess on the memory thing since everyone is throwing it around is. I think the girls will not have their memories that was already stated that their memories will go away but their personalities will remain. So in the OVA we will be watching the same girls just with no memory of who and where they came from.

Remember just because you lose your memories it does not change your personality for the most part. Your personality is YOU its what makes you and unique, what i can expect is to see the girls still associating with each other like they did in the past with a few tweeks.

Rose will still be a little shy and queit.

Kate will still be intelligent, a natural leader and have an innocence about her

Clare Still kind of tomboyish with a rebellious streak

Rachel. Will still hate coffee LOL but will also have a selfishness about her, but also a big heart which she keeps hidden.
Old 2007-04-18, 18:59   Link #584
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
New Kate looks bad ass I always liked her as a character the new look just adds to her appeal for me.

My guess on the memory thing since everyone is throwing it around is. I think the girls will not have their memories that was already stated that their memories will go away but their personalities will remain. So in the OVA we will be watching the same girls just with no memory of who and where they came from.

Remember just because you lose your memories it does not change your personality for the most part. Your personality is YOU its what makes you and unique, what i can expect is to see the girls still associating with each other like they did in the past with a few tweeks.

Rose will still be a little shy and queit.

Kate will still be intelligent, a natural leader and have an innocence about her

Clare Still kind of tomboyish with a rebellious streak

Rachel. Will still hate coffee LOL but will also have a selfishness about her, but also a big heart which she keeps hidden.
Personalities change easily... even if they hadn't lost their memories 100+ years of living change anyone.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:13   Link #585
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Personalities change easily... even if they hadn't lost their memories 100+ years of living change anyone.
The core essence of who you are does not and part of your personality is a part of it. A lot of who you are not just physical is written in your DNA
Old 2007-04-26, 01:19   Link #586
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The site was updated with new pictures of Claire -

http://www.trinet-ent.com/deadgirls/

I kinda like the fact they haven't changed the look much.
Old 2007-05-11, 17:05   Link #587
xris
Just call me Ojisan

From AnimeOnDVD. ADVFilms announce Red Garden license at Anime Central 2007.

Quote:
Red Garden

From studio GONZO and director Kou Matsuo (Rozen Maiden) comes an urban horror masterpiece as sexy as it is disturbing. Unique character designs, stylish settings, and a haunting story make Red Garden one of the most anticipated titles of 2007.

Synopsis:. An odd string of suicides surrounds a private institution on Roosevelt Island. On the night a classmate dies, Kate, Rachel, Rose and Claire wake with no memories of the evenings’ events. The next night, the four girls are drawn together by mysterious red butterflies only they can see. Converging at Central Park, the girls are approached by a strange woman who tells them they are dead. Now, the four girls must work together to learn the secrets of their death – and the means to return to their previous life.

Red Garden is 24 episodes and will be released over six DVDs. Volume 1 currently is scheduled to go on sale September 18.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 18:19   Link #588
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The core essence of who you are does not and part of your personality is a part of it. A lot of who you are not just physical is written in your DNA
You really want to debate the existence of a soul here? If anything, that's individually created by memories, something the girls lost, rather than predefined since birth.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 18:42   Link #589
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If I understood correctly what he meant is rather than us being a product of our environment, we are forgetting is that we are also a byproduct of our genetic information, our behavioral tendences included. Hence if the environment is sufficiently similar the changes shouldn't be too great,
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 03:36   Link #590
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow, I'm kind of suprised this was liscensed! I wonder if they'll be able to get the english acting to be anywhere close to the japanese acting. It's such a huge part of the show honestly.

Oh on another note, the OVA site was updated with pictures of Rose.
Old 2007-06-16, 11:21   Link #591
the last shinigami

Requesting Red Garden pics
the last shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 23:38   Link #592
kauldron26
Med Student

whoa.... just finished... wow... very very very different show. 8/10. i only have 2 gripes.
1. no way in hell do guys up here in NY/NJ dress like herve, luke and ewan. hell no. unless they love the rainbow. lol (not that theres anything wrong with that)
2. singing was great at first but got annoying.

best part: loved the animation, music and story.
best thing about the show: its more of a character piece than anything else.
Old 2007-08-07, 16:05   Link #593
Beansy

Anyone know how many episodes the OAV is going to be? Seems like a rather elaborate set-up for it to be one-off thing.
Beansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 04:06   Link #594
Velusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol View Post
A couple things:

Spoiler for Episodes 21 and 22:
Heh, I was wondering the same thing. Innuendo after Innuendo...

Thats sort of the hall mark of this series though... hinting at about of stuff, but leaving you with more questions than answers. Here's to hoping the OVA is more illuminating than the series...
Velusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 04:20   Link #595
Velusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Realistically, the girls personalities died when they lost their memories. Right after the ending they're completely different characters.
Bah, you'd think so, but they played pretty loose with the "rules" (the whole Lisa thing at the end was stretching em out the window) so maybe they don't lose their memory.
Velusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 16:38   Link #596
Beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velusion View Post
Heh, I was wondering the same thing. Innuendo after Innuendo...

Thats sort of the hall mark of this series though... hinting at about of stuff, but leaving you with more questions than answers. Here's to hoping the OVA is more illuminating than the series...
Spoiler:

As for the OVA, from the previews it seems to be posing a hell of a lot more new questions than it might answer. Here is the official site.
Beansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 05:52   Link #597
darlliu

The OVA is set in either an alternative universe or at least a few hundred yearsafter the ending of the TV (likely the case) , so theres actually few questions it can answer, seems every face is back in the ova although they're different people except for the 5 dead girls......I have yet to watch it but i can say it's definitely cool...XD
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:56   Link #598
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Well I thought Red Garden started out awfully boring but I decided to force myself through it and I must say I don't regret that decision, when the show picked up pace it was really good. Anyway I'll check out the OVA when its released ;p
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 04:25   Link #599
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

As far as I know the OVA has not been subbed yet. There's a Dead Girls thread floating around here somewhere. It wasn't a very popular series when it aired so the OVA probably won't be subbed for a while, if at all. Heck, I haven't even seen a raw in any of the popular sites.

I'm glad you stuck through the early parts and enjoyed it though, such a wonderful series.

Has anyone bought the dubbed versions? How do they compare? The trailer promoting it wasn't very flattering.
Old 2007-10-31, 20:13   Link #600
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Just received my copy of the Red Garden OST (cheap international shipping arrives until *after* you completely forget that you had ordered anything). Needless say the insert songs sung by KOKIA are completely awesome.

Looking forward to the R1 release of Red Garden. Yeah, the trailer wasn't exactly flattering, but I'm willing to give the English dub a second chance this time.

Tags
drama, supernatural