AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-04-30, 08:44   Link #721
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Ive went through that mission like 40+ times. You cant win this game if you dont use destiny. You need to attack Minerva while preventing the nukes from hitting. Most often, use your machine gun,boomerangs and charge gun. Theyre more accurate. Never get hit by the nukes and use speed mode most of the time. Its faster if you charge your gun faster by pressing the button to shoot,then hold it then lift it up and press to shoot and hold again till its fully charge and let go to fire lots of the charge gun. You can bring lots of the ship's life faster this way.
Thanks, I'll try it. I didnt use destiny I used blast impulse, a lot better but I had hard time worrying the missile and unable to hit minerva.

Update: I completed the mission mode. Thanks for the tips on charging.

Last edited by aikming; 2007-05-30 at 07:16.
aikming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 02:40   Link #722
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
sorry, i havent read the whole thread, and this might've been asked before.
Can the PS2 version support 4 player battles? I'd really like to know, coz I'm getting it 2moro
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 10:01   Link #723
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
sorry, i havent read the whole thread, and this might've been asked before.
Can the PS2 version support 4 player battles? I'd really like to know, coz I'm getting it 2moro
Nope, since Sony for some incredibly stupid reason stopped supporting the multitap pretty much as soon as it was released there's no four player mode; none of the Gundam arcade ports for the PS2 have it.

Gundam vs Zeta Gundam on the GameCube does support four players, but the PS2 version does not.

And yes, it sucks royally, can't do 2vs2 tournaments without arcade machines... and since I'm in Sweden, that's not an option at all.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 10:45   Link #724
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Ah ok. Youtubbers say that official Sony multitaps should be able to support 4 player modes in this game, but the videos did look edited and a bit suss...
Anyways, thanks for clearing this up.
Old 2007-06-15, 11:34   Link #725
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Ah ok. Youtubbers say that official Sony multitaps should be able to support 4 player modes in this game, but the videos did look edited and a bit suss...
Anyways, thanks for clearing this up.
Well, I don't have one so I can try, but maybe it's in there... if you or anyone you know have a multitap you should try it, but the case says "1-2 players".
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 21:08   Link #726
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Well, I don't have one so I can try, but maybe it's in there... if you or anyone you know have a multitap you should try it, but the case says "1-2 players".
Yes, I have multitap(s) and just... a bucketload of ps2 controllers, both official and unofficial, lol. The moment of truth lies ahead shortly, but based on your evidence, there doesn't seem to be much hope is there? lol, might as well try it anyway...
Old 2007-06-15, 21:31   Link #727
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

omg, is there any jp or png files of the art from this game? Like the pictures of the characters when they say their quote that comes on before they show footage of their MS in the video stream thing?
Old 2007-07-03, 07:49   Link #728
ShinGundam

Arcadia Magazine Presents the TOP 10 Fighing Games in japan

1-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Arc System/Sega)
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed Destiny Vs Z.A.F.T II (Banpresto)
3. Melty Blood Act Cadenza Version B2 (Ecole/Sega)
4. Virtua Fighter 5 Version B rev.1 (Sega)
5. Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (Namco)
6. Mushihime Sama Futari (Cave,AMI)
7. Street Fighter III Third Strike (Capcom)
8. Muchi-Muchi Pork (Cave,AMI)
9. Arcana Heart FULL! (Yuki)
10. Battle Fantasia (Taito)
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 17:21   Link #729
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:58.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:28   Link #730
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
If anyone has trouble or gets stuck i have beaten this game many times its a fantastic game just pm me and ill talk u thought whatever u need.
Old 2007-07-07, 02:14   Link #731
guild_wars40

I just got the game, can anyone tell how to transform in a Marusame or anyother transformable MS plz?
guild_wars40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 04:01   Link #732
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san View Post
I'm a bit afraid to play this..I haven't watched Destiny yet, so i really don't want to be spoiled but this looks really good..ahh temptations..
I don't remember any major spoiler bits in the game; it's essentially a 3D fighting game except with giant war machines that move more smoothly and faster than they really should, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam
Arcadia Magazine Presents the TOP 10 Fighing Games in japan ...
The rankings should only be for the month of May, and it looks like only 21 arcades participated(?), and not across all parts of Japan; only that number are listed in the August 2007 issue.

"EA vs ZAFT II" got 252.2 points (and is unchanged from the previous rank) against 323.4 points for "Guilty Gear XX Accent Core", which was also unchanged.

Off-topic a bit: Not entirely sure why "Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna" isn't even in the top 10 of the Cockpit Upright ranking also; there aren't many arcade games out there where you have sign-up lists for people to use. Number 10 of that is "Kedou Sensei Gundam 0083 Cardbuilder" with 44.1 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guild_wars40
I just got the game, can anyone tell how to transform in a Marusame or anyother transformable MS plz?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/934980.html

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 18:02   Link #733
guild_wars40

Thanks for the faq.
guild_wars40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 05:26   Link #734
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Nope, since Sony for some incredibly stupid reason stopped supporting the multitap pretty much as soon as it was released there's no four player mode; none of the Gundam arcade ports for the PS2 have it.
It has more to do with a power issue. Unlike other 4P games like the Tales of series or Winning Eleven/PES, Gundam VS games needs to show multiple displays on the screen, one per player. And the PS2 just can't handle something like this. See how the game is already sluggish in 2P mode ?

And a multi-tap is still easy to find. Be it official or not. Not to mention that the most played PS2 game in Europe, PES6, supports up to 8 players. Sony and third-party accessories makers would be NUTS to stop selling those.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:24   Link #735
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
It has more to do with a power issue. Unlike other 4P games like the Tales of series or Winning Eleven/PES, Gundam VS games needs to show multiple displays on the screen, one per player. And the PS2 just can't handle something like this. See how the game is already sluggish in 2P mode ?

And a multi-tap is still easy to find. Be it official or not. Not to mention that the most played PS2 game in Europe, PES6, supports up to 8 players. Sony and third-party accessories makers would be NUTS to stop selling those.
From my experience, the game is only sluggish at the moment when multiple charged beam attacks are fired, regardless of the number of players. I doubt it's the case of console. Especially after seeing A.C.E., which has similar graphics and much larger battlefields, I really-really doubt that "vs" games push the old blackbox to the edge.

I hope PS3 "vs" games will support 4 players T__T
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 21:55   Link #736
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:59.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote