AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-07, 21:34   Link #81
Ansa

Gundam SEED: Federation Vs. ZAFT (The game)

Well I got this game not expecting to much, Never Ending Tomorrow sucked badly (why was that trash actually translated?), however Generations of C.E. was quite well done and a nice take on Gundam's an tactics (not to mention kickass graphics when attacking) so when I got this and started playing I picked Freedom in the story mode (if you want to call it that) and easy to say, I got my ass kicked since I had no idea what do. Well played around with it more and I really realized it plays A LOT like an arcade game which is major ++ points for me since I felt like just playing a game you could pick up and play, messed with the vs. mode a little bit and found that fun enough, but what I was really impressed with was the gameplay and controls, sure it's a fighter but the controls don't suck (nor does the game unlike NET) it's in full 3D with amazing graphics for a PS2 game.

My only thing missing was online play which would work GREAT in a game like this, theres a great balance between the super powered suits like Freedom and the mostly crappy ones like a GiNN, not to mention that theres so many you can choose from and frankly Kira in the ZAFT Uniform was a very nice and fun touch.

Anyone else played this game and if so what did you think of it? Is it true theres a sequal being developed? Hope they add more songs, I <3 Invoke but for multiplayer it could have been better just having that and 2 other songs...
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 21:43   Link #82
vblaze101

Yup, tis' a good game indeed (Sword Impulse + blaze101 = god!! MUHAHAHA!!!) Anyway, yeah there is a sequel that covers Destiny's story, which is out in arcades in Japan and Hong Kong if I'm correct. In fact, the official site of Alliance vs. ZAFT II has its campaign section up (for those of you who remember camapaign mode back in Federation vs. Zeon DX).

Edit*: The campaign section isn't for "campaign mode" but an actual promotional campaign.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 03:03   Link #83
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

EA vs Zaft II discussion

The game started as an Arcade game then a straight port was released on PS2 3 months later.
Personally my favs in the first one are the Astray, Aile Strike and Duel with Assault Shroud. The hardest difficulty is Shinn and Civillian wear Kira(The other Destiny characters aren't in the arcade mode).

Here in Toronto, Canada, we have both EA vs Zaft and Ea vs Zaft II. Also Time Crisis 4 was just added to the arcade.

Seed II has the "path" system like the previous U.C. "vs" games and single/co-op more has more enemies to deafeat(about 3-4 more).
Old 2006-08-09, 20:19   Link #84
rd1979

Just so you guys know, the ineviatble PS2 version of EA vs ZAFT II has been announced, as reported by The Magicbox:

- Namco Bandai announced Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengoku vs. Z.A.F.T. II for PS2, the popular mech action game ported over from arcade.

No date mentioned there, but I just saw this on MB 30 seconds ago, and I had to post this for you all to see.
rd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 21:33   Link #85
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
Well, I don't like Blast Impulse in AvZ 1 so I'm glad they did something about him. Maybe now it'll be worthy some playing time.
What? It was a complete rape machine if used correctly. Maybe a bit slow against the faster suits, but a competent machine none the less.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 02:59   Link #86
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
What? It was a complete rape machine if used correctly. Maybe a bit slow against the faster suits, but a competent machine none the less.
Well, he's slow and that's the problem. He himself and his moves also, as both cannons and missle barrages make him stand still. Not to mention charged cannons attack which make you target practice if you won't hit.
He does neither have speed, quick shooting-while-moving beam rifle and devastating meles of Saviour, neither very practical shotgun and the same beam rifle of Buster which is the same heavy support 3,5 star class suit.
Oh, and shotgun can be charged, and charged rifle attack hits enemies more often I think.
Maybe it's just me but when I'm taking heavy support mech, I take Buster or Calamity. Blast Impulse just... isn't blasty enough :P
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 04:00   Link #87
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

The Blast Impulse is very much improved in the II vs game.
The attacks changes and added were very much a good idea, the biggest changes/impovements are that the melee attack has been swapped around with the missiles and you can do the Javelin stun to stun the target.
Its true that it's main weapon firing speed is indeed slow but thats why it has the Javilin throw, missiles, or even melee attack. Its run speed isn't anything different from the rest of the MS selection, probably the slowest run speed MS is the Saviour!
Never expected to win so many rounds with it in VS mode(2vs2), my friend picked it by accident so we swapped machines.
Old 2006-08-10, 11:50   Link #88
vblaze101

You know, I thought Blast Impulse in AvsZ 1 was a good unit. My only real complaint with it was that I couldn't use the hyper velocity cannons in any way or form.

But I wonder with this AvsZ 2 Plus being announced, I really wonder what additions and what subsequent cost changes will have to be made as a result of those additions, maybe Saviour will cost more than the other 2nd Gen. MS but less than Freedom. Maybe we'll get AvsZ 1 MS back. Ahh, the possibilities, lol.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 18:54   Link #89
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Are the dragoons useable on any stage like in the 1st rengo vs zaft?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 20:23   Link #90
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1979
Just so you guys know, the ineviatble PS2 version of EA vs ZAFT II has been announced, as reported by The Magicbox:

- Namco Bandai announced Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengoku vs. Z.A.F.T. II for PS2, the popular mech action game ported over from arcade.

No date mentioned there, but I just saw this on MB 30 seconds ago, and I had to post this for you all to see.
Perfect! Now all we need is a release date. Maybe they'll throw in some goodies like the Stargazer suits. XD

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:46   Link #91
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
Are the dragoons useable on any stage like in the 1st rengo vs zaft?
Yes and they are easily avoidable if they circle you. Just jump straight up, its better if they are used for multiple shots around yourself.
Old 2006-08-11, 02:10   Link #92
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
Yes and they are easily avoidable if they circle you. Just jump straight up, its better if they are used for multiple shots around yourself.
I always thought it funny that you could use them in earth stages
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 04:29   Link #93
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Perfect! Now all we need is a release date. Maybe they'll throw in some goodies like the Stargazer suits. XD

whoo that's great news I still playing the first game on my ps2 the second looks even better
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 06:38   Link #94
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
I always thought it funny that you could use them in earth stages
Its a game. Same applies to SRW and G-Generation, most the of MS are limited to a certain amount of energy dispite their power source...In SRW, funnels aren't considered beam weapons.
Old 2006-08-11, 23:10   Link #95
Ottocycle

I hear that, as with the anime, the title mech in EA vs ZAFT II has been nerfed in various ways, especially in the ranged department. It has no beam rifle, the back beam cannon needs to charge, and aforementioned cannon's beam is only medium range, when a melee suit's(IJ) beam rifle has longer range than it...they're still channeling the Shinn and Destiny hate into their games i think...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 00:26   Link #96
LynnieS

This is the Destiny Gundam that you mean? You should have a beam rifle as your main weapon (shoot button), the beam sword as your melee weapon (melee button), vulcan guns as your sub weapon (shoot + melee), beam boomerang as your special (shoot + jump), and the beam cannon as your charged weapon (hold the shoot button for about 3-5 seconds or so?). The palm cannon is chainable at the end of a melee combo as the special melee (melee + jump). I'll take a look the next time I'm at the arcade; Enter Brain also came out with a guide recently, I think, on the arcade version.

It's a pretty powerful MS, IMHO. With "speed", it zips around like crazy, and with "power", it knocks other MS'es around when it connects.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 00:50   Link #97
Ottocycle

Well what I've said is just hearsay :P, good to hear that Destiny does have a standard beam rifle...for me I've only got to play EA vs ZAFT I.

I saw the palm cannon combo end on videos, and they come complete with roundabout pimp shot. And it seems you can end with the charged range shot too..with good recovery I might add.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 08:41   Link #98
KiraYamatoZX

Hello!

Hello! everybuddy! ^^
I'm a completely fan from Omni vs Zaft. For me is the best game that I'v never play.
The problem is that in the game are a lot of gay or lame tecnics.
Examples:
1) Moebius 00: nothing to tell, he just Fly and send his barrels.
2) Saviour, Aegis or any mobile suit: run away and then shoot, then just run away and then with shoot again (speacially with r1 saviour, or square with aegis) attack.
3) Any mobile suit: double tap lef or rigth, and then shoot with square, then double tap links again with shoot... they do this during all the match.
4) Providence with dragoons r1 and infinite seed mode: nothing to say...

This are the lame tecnics... who destroy them? well only practice.. I thing, here is a little help.

1) I want to tell somenthing for those people who played against the moebius 00 or an other gay flying object.
When you press R2 you can Fly without trusthers, and then, when you are in the air can you consume all the thrusters to finish that patetic moebius 00 without problem.
With the Providence is more easy, because you can send a lot of dragoons with r1 when you are in the near.
R2 is this special move with the sword, and with the justice you can fly with forward triangule without trusthers..
With meteor justice can you destroy the moebius easilly (with forward triangle) but that is to lame.

2) Well... only shoot, because when you try to do something meele, they run away again, speacially with the providence and his kick. Make sure to not consume all your trusthers.

3) Oh!!!! Man I hate this tecnic! T___T, because only when I'm concentrate can I beat them... well basically is make some good meele in the near, when he shoot with the beam rifle. Make sure to take him down before hi make a meele move, and with the freedom, inmpulse or justice can you make the r2 buttom to counter this, but you need to do this after he shoot his beam rifle. Yes I know ^^ you don't have enough time, only a little second or less.

4) Got verdamte horror! that thing is impossible! well.... you need meele, and jump when he send his dragoons, however when he has seed moder (infinite seed mode) and you have only a normal suit, well.... only try by your self

Well... I don't know more... If something can tell me more tips, please my msn is marina_marionette@hotmail.com

well I will upload the videos in youtube, please if something have more videos from strike freedom, or know other website answer me T__T!

I know that my english is not good, but I want to know more people that love this game. More tips and more things.

If anyone know all the moves from strike freedom well here is the chance to help..
Does anyone know if Strike freedom can make his charge shoot (double target beam rifle) in a match against one player? or only can make the combinate beam rifle?
Does anyone know if Strike freedom can send one dragoon instead all of them at the same time? The legend can make this, and I dunno abaout strike freedom, because with this they would be the more powerfull suit.

well.. I don't ask about infinite justice, destiny or legend, because I know everything.
Yes! I'm a Kira Fan ^^ but Justice is a little complete (good suit for people that know how to play not with lame things)... and Destiny!!! wow!!!!!!!!!! is amazing!
Legend is good with his dragoons (one instead all of them)
I'm waiting for the other akatsuki (with dragoons) maybe he is one from the for kings, or five?

Ps:
ahh! an other thing, Justice is not bad in the first one, this suit is only meele, if you know how used it you can beat a freedom or other thing without effort.

one combo with the normal justice and I'm sure that with infinite justice will the same thing, (because the charge shoot is the same) is when you'r in seed mode, because you can shoot 3 charge shoots (the gaia make the same) when you make forward triangule (up the back pack)
Another thing is r2 and charge shoot.

the ps2 version from omni vs zaft 2 come in october or november... It will be called omni vs zaft 2 plus.
Does anyone know if this will be for four human players? please.. I make a pride...
I need that information...

Well Good luck! ^^

Last edited by KiraYamatoZX; 2006-08-17 at 18:14.
KiraYamatoZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 08:53   Link #99
KiraYamatoZX

Last edited by KiraYamatoZX; 2006-08-16 at 10:26. Reason: delete
Old 2006-08-15, 09:08   Link #100
KiraYamatoZX

Last edited by KiraYamatoZX; 2006-08-16 at 10:27. Reason: delete