AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-08, 16:44   Link #41
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
if the Rio Poneglyph was not important in obtaining one piece, gold roger would not have inscribed his name on the bell in skypedia. remember if one piece is indeed an ancient object, ancient weapon, whatever, the stones give all the directions on how to use the objects. if one piece is unifying the land and peoples then the Rio Poneglyph which told their lost history would be important.

and luffy is not weak to piercing, blades, bullets, etc. luffy i assume is weak to some kind of water user if one exists. he could also be weak to wind, ice, acid etc. when bubble gum gets hard it becomes brittle and weak. i never saw the ice man fight in the foxy arc though, still watching that so maybe they cheated if luffy wins :P
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 16:51   Link #42
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit

and luffy is not weak to piercing, blades, bullets, etc. luffy i assume is weak to some kind of water user if one exists. he could also be weak to wind, ice, acid etc.
i never saw the ice man fight in the foxy arc though, still watching that.


Luffy is not weak to piercing blades, but as a rubber man you would expect he would be invulnerable to any type of blade (that's not made of seastone). Luffy can be penetrated by blades, spikes, teeth, you get the idea anything sharp. Bullets however are not sharp enough to penetrate Luffy as a matter of fact Luffy probably needs to be in close range to be cut or pierced.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 17:57   Link #43
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP


And i don't see how Shanks was Luffy teacher at all. He never taught him to be a pirate. Luffy learned a thing or 2 by Shanks actions and that was all. I do not ever see Shanks becoming Luffy's enemy.
Must we play semantics here?? Please dude...Luffy looks up to Shanks...Luffy becoming a pirate and striving to be the best pirate is directly connected to Shanks...Shanks is the man who saves his life...Shanks gives Luffy his hat which is the most precious thing in the world to him (perhaps even more than One Piece)...You wanna call him a role model?? Fine change the wording if it makes your belly warm...The point is that there is a teacher-student, father-son, pupil-master type of dynamic between the two...The type of dynamic that if they were ever to face one another they would fight with honor, but they would still fight in the Pirate way...Furthermore like I said we have no way of measuring how this series and it's important off-screen characters will change and grow(Or what Shanks true motivations are as his personality on the whole is exactly like Luffy which is happy-go-Lucky til he's mad)...Once again Luffy fighting Shanks is far from an impossible dream whether you consider it Role-model or teacher (Which once again is quite negligable in the point I'm trying to make here)...


Quote:
I don't recall Shanks ever wanting to go after One Piece. He already knows Whitebeard is going after it. Unless he is confident he can beat the Old Guy- i can't see him going after it.
We do not even know that Shanks want to be PIRATE King.
And conversely we don't know if he does have a desire for One Piece or to be the best...things change, people change...but we don't even know if Shanks will ever have to change because he may have always had a hidden or unclear vision...No reason to argue this because the answer hasn't been given...which means we are at an impasse...



Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX
First off additional power worthy of a world threat? The man has the second best sword skills, already placing him amognst the best fighters in the world... and furtharmore he's got what is probably the second most powerful pirate crew on the grandline, includeing members with 94 million bounties... i think he has well more then enough to prove how much of a potential threat he is
Well I'm morse talking about Shanks himself...He seems to have the presence and respect of a great fighter...Why? Why would him having a devil fruit be a jaw-dropping surprise? I really believe he has one (I mean I can't wait to see what it may be)...Hell I don't know if Mihawk has one (although I doubt it)...Shanks sword skills can't be as strong as it was when he had 2-arms...I just have a hunch he has more to offer than one-arm sword style, and I think enuf is there for me to think he probably does have one making him A HUGE THREAT (by himself and with his crew)...

Quote:
second, the flashback doesn't really tell us that devil fruits are important to Shanks... he only has been shown to have found one and we don't know how he came to get it... it could be that he was purposely hunting for it, but more then likely he probably just came over it by chance while hunting for treasure... And we are not sure what he was planning on doing with it, though if he really wanted to it he probably would have done so sooner... my guess is that he was either saving in for his crew if they wanted it, or he was planning on selling for a hefty price... though the reason he reacted the way he did when Luffy ate the fruit wasn't because he was worried about the fruit, he was worried about what it would do to Luffy...
Good now your thinking....We are not sure...But the evidence we've been given suggests that he may very well care about it or was searching for the right devils fruit (for him or maybe not)...I don't think we can excuse the fact the he hunted for one with Buggy and later on has one when he's with Luffy...I'm mean it suggests something...Shanks for whatever reasons likes being around Devil's fruit(This is what the director has shown us, this is a modicum of visual evidence) furthering my point he may have found the one he's been looking for...I do believe he has one, which is just speculation, and I totally look forward to seeing it (especially in a student vs teacher match with Luffy)...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:50   Link #44
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I disagree with whoever said that Shanks might be Luffy's greatest villain, because if that were true it would completely undermine the whole scene where Shanks gives up his arm to save Luffy's life. It would also undermine the importance of Luffy's straw hat, which is what his crew is named after.

I also don't ever see Luffy losing his straw hat, so either Shanks is going to tell Luffy to keep the hat, or Shanks will die (not likely cuz almost no one dies in OP), or he only meets Shanks at the very end of the series.

But if Shanks and Luffy do battle, it's probably not going to be to the death, because it would be stupid for Shanks to lose his arm in saving Luffy's life only to try to kill him later on.


As far as the poneglyphs and one piece go, it seems like the series is moving towards Luffy helping to overthrow the World Government. Right now the government doesn't seem that bad - most of the marine officials we've met so far seem like good people. The exceptions are Axe-hand Morgan (who was arrested and viewed as a criminal), CP9 (secret killing task force), and probably Akainu (corrupt admiral?). I bet the Rio Poneglyph is going to reveal something awful about the world government that will villify them to point where it's clear that they need to be overthrown. Although, the true history is going to be hundreds of years old, so maybe it's possible that the 5 elder stars are also hundreds of years old (immortal maybe?).

I think that the next big character (after Lucci) that Luffy's going to defeat will be Akainu.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 00:57   Link #45
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Wow this sounds like something out of a disney movie. This is wrong Slayerx Your telling me that Shanks has no goals or dreams of his own and basically he is sailing the grandline for the hell of it! that is crap. Also your comment from the Governement officials means nothing, they do not know what the hell Shanks is doing otherwise if they were so sure of him not trying to upset the world they would not be monitoring his movements. There would be no need to spy on him and Whitebeard, It is hell of obvious that he can be dangerous and considering that he has yet to announce his Goals which will soon come too pass most likely he would be after One Piece. To say that Shanks is just in it not to win it is bull.
So it's impossible for someone to have already acheived what they wanted?... what's so strange about sailing for the hell of it? I mean, what do you think Luffy will do after he achives his dreams, gets one piece and becomes the pirate king? retire to little island and wait to die? more then likely he'll just continue to sail around world just for the hell of it, looking for the next adventure... hell, he'll probably still be at sea when he dies of old age

and the statement from the gov't doesn't mean nothing... as certain as they are of Shanks' character, they can't let that kind of power go unchecked... it's foolish not to take percausions, it's all for the sake of preparing for the worst no matter how unlikely it is... Afterall while some were worried about Shanks' and Whitebeard's meeting, the officials were quick to brush it off, bascially saying that Shanks wouldn't do anything seriously major... but they will still take percausions just in case...

And again, Shanks has never shown any intrest in One Piece... some would think that he would have mnetioned it atleast once with Luffy or when talking about Luffy's dreams as pirate... Not every pirate needs to be out after one piece... Shanks may very well still have an unfullfilled goal, but that doesn't mean it has to be One Piece (something, again he has never been shown having any intrest in)... there are many other things he could be after; or he could just want nothing more then doing what he loves...

Quote:
Well I'm morse talking about Shanks himself...He seems to have the presence and respect of a great fighter...Why? Why would him having a devil fruit be a jaw-dropping surprise? I really believe he has one (I mean I can't wait to see what it may be)...Hell I don't know if Mihawk has one (although I doubt it)...Shanks sword skills can't be as strong as it was when he had 2-arms...I just have a hunch he has more to offer than one-arm sword style, and I think enuf is there for me to think he probably does have one making him A HUGE THREAT (by himself and with his crew)...
Well ofcourse Shanks has the presence and respect of a great fighter, it's because he is... he's basicly the world's second best swordsman, that's nothing to laugh at, he's got non devil fruit skill that already places him in the same league as the likes of Mihawk... i think it's even said in the databooks that even though he was a lefty, the lose of is his arm hasn't effected his ability much (not sure about that though)... Though i think its very interesting if he did manage to maintain the same abilities despite the loss of his good arm... And you shouldn't take a single-sword style too likely, Oda's good at coming up with new and orginal attacks for everything, not just devil fruits... i think zoro's new move in the manga is a good example, i didn't see that one coming =P

Quote:
Good now your thinking....We are not sure...But the evidence we've been given suggests that he may very well care about it or was searching for the right devils fruit (for him or maybe not)...I don't think we can excuse the fact the he hunted for one with Buggy and later on has one when he's with Luffy...I'm mean it suggests something...Shanks for whatever reasons likes being around Devil's fruit(This is what the director has shown us, this is a modicum of visual evidence) furthering my point he may have found the one he's been looking for...I do believe he has one, which is just speculation, and I totally look forward to seeing it (especially in a student vs teacher match with Luffy)...
He didn't hunt down the devil fruit with buggy, the crew that they were part of found the fruit by pure chance while looting treasure... and i don't think shanks showed any particular intrest in eating it... The gomu gomu fruit is something that shanks came into possession of by unknown means... it could be that he was hunting for it, but i think it's more likely that he just got it by chance while looting for treasure... afterall, how does one actually go about hunting for devil fruit?... he came into contact with devil fruit only twice that we know of, and there is a good chance that not just one but both of them he got by pure chance...

Also there's no real way to tell what kind of power a devil fruit has until someone actually eats it, which i belived was stated in the manga... grant it though, i should keep in mind that some stuff kinda contradicts that statement... some stuff tells us that there's either a way to tell what fruit it is or there's a bit of a plothole in writing... Like the zoan fruit weapons example, i mean they gotta know somehow that the fruit they "fed" their weapon was a zoan type... (i still wnat to know how you feed a weapon... would made more sence the other way around...)

Quote:
I disagree with whoever said that Shanks might be Luffy's greatest villain, because if that were true it would completely undermine the whole scene where Shanks gives up his arm to save Luffy's life. It would also undermine the importance of Luffy's straw hat, which is what his crew is named after.
I'm not to sure about that... afterall it does add to emotion between the two, and it does show how much Shanks cares about his friends

Quote:
But if Shanks and Luffy do battle, it's probably not going to be to the death, because it would be stupid for Shanks to lose his arm in saving Luffy's life only to try to kill him later on.
bah that's a given, afterall nobody with a name EVER dies in one piece... =P
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 02:46   Link #46
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
So it's impossible for someone to have already acheived what they wanted?... what's so strange about sailing for the hell of it? I mean, what do you think Luffy will do after he achives his dreams, gets one piece and becomes the pirate king? retire to little island and wait to die? more then likely he'll just continue to sail around world just for the hell of it, looking for the next adventure... hell, he'll probably still be at sea when he dies of old age

Sailing for the hell of it? Then Shanks has no need to be in the story only to talk to Luffy and tell him what a great Job he has done The End.. No Shanks is on a mission he would not be under watch of the government he would not be talking to Whitebeard.

and the statement from the gov't doesn't mean nothing... as certain as they are of Shanks' character, they can't let that kind of power go unchecked... it's foolish not to take percausions, it's all for the sake of preparing for the worst no matter how unlikely it is... Afterall while some were worried about Shanks' and Whitebeard's meeting, the officials were quick to brush it off, bascially saying that Shanks wouldn't do anything seriously major... but they will still take percausions just in case...

And saying all of that Slayerx, Shanks has accomplished his goals and there is no need for him to be monitored! His reign of terror is over.

And again, Shanks has never shown any intrest in One Piece... some would think that he would have mnetioned it atleast once with Luffy or when talking about Luffy's dreams as pirate... Not every pirate needs to be out after one piece... Shanks may very well still have an unfullfilled goal, but that doesn't mean it has to be One Piece (something, again he has never been shown having any intrest in)... there are many other things he could be after; or he could just want nothing more then doing what he loves...
Oh so you know Shanks' goals out of the 400 chapters and he was only shown 3 times? To say that he is not after One Piece is again a giant leap. Shanks and Luffy may have the same goals.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 05:12   Link #47
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Sailing for the hell of it? Then Shanks has no need to be in the story only to talk to Luffy and tell him what a great Job he has done The End.. No Shanks is on a mission he would not be under watch of the government he would not be talking to Whitebeard.
Yes maybe he does still want something, but even his meeting with Whitebeard shows no sign of Shanks having a desire for One Piece, considering his involvemnet with Whitebeard is over intrest in Ace and Blackbeard... Which has nothing to do with One Piece... that sounds more like "Will of D" concern right there, whihc i said in a previous post was a possibility of him being involved with...

and there's a huge difference between having no goal and doing absolutly nothing (as you assume i'm saying)... Shanks doesn't need to have a goal in life to get involved with what else is going on around him and whats going on with those he knows... without a particualr goal, he just but into and get involed with anything that cathes his intrest

Quote:
Shanks has accomplished his goals and there is no need for him to be monitored! His reign of terror is over.
uh-huh... second most powerful priate crew still sailing the seas, still pirating, still living as free criminals... yup, just because he has no specific goals, there is no reason for the gov't to ever monitor all that power... afterall without a life goal there's no chance that he'll say, get in the mood to use all of his power to start looting the riches nobles in the grandline just because he'll get a kick out of it... yup, uh-huh

please, it's called preparing for the worst and the unexpected... just because the gov't doesn't think he's gonna do anything really big, doesn't mean they're gonna take the risk of leaving him alone... it's foolish to live with that kind of certainty

Ok seriously, what do you think Luffy will do after he acheives his goal of becoming the pirate king? Do honestly think Luffy's just gonna go home and retire? do you think the the gov't is just gonna leave him alone for the rest of his life? (based on what your saying now about my theory on shanks, thats exactly what it sounds like you think he'll do)... i doubt it, more then likely he is gonna continue traveling the world and keep pirating till the day he dies... just because you accomplished your life goal doesn't mean your life comes to an end, it means it's time to live it up and enjoy it

When it comes to Shanks... i'm saying he may still have a goal in life, and it could be that he has already gotten everything he wants and is now just doing whatever he feels like... but what i'm fairly certain about is that he's not in the race for One Piece cause he has shown absolutly no intrest in it what-so-ever...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 11:52   Link #48
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
and there's a huge difference between having no goal and doing absolutly nothing (as you assume i'm saying)... Shanks doesn't need to have a goal in life to get involved with what else is going on around him and whats going on with those he knows... without a particualr goal, he just but into and get involed with anything that cathes his intrest


When it comes to Shanks... i'm saying he may still have a goal in life, and it could be that he has already gotten everything he wants and is now just doing whatever he feels like... but what i'm fairly certain about is that he's not in the race for One Piece cause he has shown absolutly no intrest in it what-so-ever...

Yes, we all understand what you're saying and we see your point, but do you understand what you're saying. You're saying that the show One Piece, a show that is based off of dreams and goals, features one of the most important characters in the show (to the main character Luffy) who does not have a dream or a goal, or who has already accomplished that goal. Do you know of any character on the show that's still alive who has accomplished their goal, and it has nothing to do with how old you are or how long you've been pirating, I'm guessing Whitebeard is 4 to 5 times older than Luffy and he still hasn't accomplished his goal. Do you really think Oda would feature an aimless character in a show that is based off of dreams?
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 13:14   Link #49
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I do understand what i'm saying... afterall, i'm not saying that Shanks never had a dream but the possibility that he's accomplished his dreams and already has everything he wants and is just ejoying it... all dreams must come to an end sometime, either you someday accomplish them or you fail and give up (or die pursuing them)... an example of a character? how about Mihawk? More then likely he at one time dreamed of becoming the greatest swordsman in the world, and he has accomplished that goal. Now he doesn't seem to have any real goal and is just enjoying his title. Now that he's accomplished his goal, he just continues doing what he loves, holding his title and waiting for the next opponent that can offer him a challenge. It's true he could have come up with a new life goal, though I honetsly don't see what else he could really be after...

As i have said about shanks,
"i'm saying he may still have a goal in life, and it could be that he has already gotten everything he wants and is now just doing whatever he feels like... but what i'm fairly certain about is that he's not in the race for One Piece cause he has shown absolutly no intrest in it what-so-ever..."
He may have a goal, he may not, but i believe if he does have one, it's not One Piece... there are other things he could be after...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 00:13   Link #50
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Yes maybe he does still want something, but even his meeting with Whitebeard shows no sign of Shanks having a desire for One Piece, considering his involvemnet with Whitebeard is over intrest in Ace and Blackbeard... Which has nothing to do with One Piece... that sounds more like "Will of D" concern right there, whihc i said in a previous post was a possibility of him being involved with...

Uh, The Meeting between Whitebeard and Shanks has not been done yet.

and there's a huge difference between having no goal and doing absolutly nothing (as you assume i'm saying)... Shanks doesn't need to have a goal in life to get involved with what else is going on around him and whats going on with those he knows... without a particualr goal, he just but into and get involed with anything that cathes his intrest

That is the same as doing nothing! "Getting involved with anything that catches his intrest." You might as well delete the character Shanks right out of the story. Shanks by all means could have the same goals as Luffy and he might be after One Piece.

uh-huh... second most powerful priate crew still sailing the seas, still pirating, still living as free criminals... yup, just because he has no specific goals, there is no reason for the gov't to ever monitor all that power... afterall without a life goal there's no chance that he'll say, get in the mood to use all of his power to start looting the riches nobles in the grandline just because he'll get a kick out of it... yup, uh-huh

Uh, Shanks is being monitored by the Government for other reasons than just being a powerful pirate group. Shanks might have key and vital secrets and who is too say he is not a Shichibukai? or being pursued as one? It is obvious that Shanks is a major player in this story.

Ok seriously, what do you think Luffy will do after he acheives his goal of becoming the pirate king? Do honestly think Luffy's just gonna go home and retire? do you think the the gov't is just gonna leave him alone for the rest of his life? (based on what your saying now about my theory on shanks, thats exactly what it sounds like you think he'll do)... i doubt it, more then likely he is gonna continue traveling the world and keep pirating till the day he dies... just because you accomplished your life goal doesn't mean your life comes to an end, it means it's time to live it up and enjoy it

When Luffy becomes Pirate King the story One Piece will be at an end! I agree with you that he will sail and explore but Shanks situation is different. Shanks goals have not been revealed! He has never been asked what his dreams are. Shanks could be in search of One Piece and he could be Luffy's Final Battle for the title of King of the Pirates. I truly believe there is more to Shanks then some Free pirate attitude.

When it comes to Shanks... i'm saying he may still have a goal in life, and it could be that he has already gotten everything he wants and is now just doing whatever he feels like... but what i'm fairly certain about is that he's not in the race for One Piece cause he has shown absolutly no intrest in it what-so-ever...
I ask you again, Out of the 419 chapters and Shanks was only shown three times you already have an idea that he is not interested in one Piece?

You and I disagree here buddy I believe Shanks is after One Piece and He will be Luffy's Final Battle for the title.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 02:38   Link #51
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
if the Rio Poneglyph was not important in obtaining one piece, gold roger would not have inscribed his name on the bell in skypedia. remember if one piece is indeed an ancient object, ancient weapon, whatever, the stones give all the directions on how to use the objects. if one piece is unifying the land and peoples then the Rio Poneglyph which told their lost history would be important.

and luffy is not weak to piercing, blades, bullets, etc. luffy i assume is weak to some kind of water user if one exists. he could also be weak to wind, ice, acid etc. when bubble gum gets hard it becomes brittle and weak. i never saw the ice man fight in the foxy arc though, still watching that so maybe they cheated if luffy wins :P

On the Poneglyp at Sky Piea- the inscribing what Roger wrote, which Robin read said:
'' I have come here and will lead this passage to the farthest end of the world''. Farthest end of the world, is infact Raftel as it is the last Island.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 09:00   Link #52
king chopper
Crewmate doctor
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Devil fruit users aren't the strongest people and the strongest people doesn't mean they have a devil fruit.

Zoro is going to be the strongest swordsman without using a devil fruit and I'm sure Mihawk doesn't have a fruit as well. Swordsmen and fruits don't mix, the sword is their soul and pride.

And you can see how insanely strong these people can get without devil fruit abilities, just look at Zoro and Sanji. Even Luffy's default strength didn't come from his rubber fruit abilities.

Shanks definitely has no abilities because he can swim. Whitebeard is said to have no devil fruit abilities too. His size can just mean that he's a freak of nature lol, Gol D Roger was pretty big too, he was almost as tall as the executioners while he knelt down at the execution platform.
yea u have a point there i know zoro will make it to best swordsman and sanji will find the great blue its not like its goin to end as death or something and yet mihawk pwns zolo but they are both matched in a crazy way after much trainin and learnin techniques Zoro will come in a duel with mihawk and win but i see that bein around the end of the series because mihawk is too powerful for zoro to handle and i know there be a Big faceoff between them and i wonder who luffys last opponent will be it could be alot of ppl don"t u think?
king chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:05   Link #53
SandalHat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
as i look at it...

Unless one of the straw hat pirates dies or leaves this is how it wil be...

Luffy- will eventually get one piece, w/e it may be, and be known as pirate king
Zoro- will finally defeat mihawk, and after discussion between the two, he will walk away w/o killin mihawk, but he will be the best swordsman in the world.. Sommething wll also happen betweeen him and that marine girl/ mabye his sensei since he seemed pretty good
Sanji- will find all blue, most likely close to or around the final island
Nami- will be ultra rich, and finish the world map..
Usopp- will have a decent bounty, and be a great pirate
Chopper- find a super cure
Robin- read the rio poneglyph

now as i look at it, that is most likely what will happen ragardless of anything

OR they die, which is doubtfull
SandalHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:11   Link #54
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Once the Pirate king is known- it won't be over. There is so much that will have to happen after that. The Lost history will be revealed to the world. The Mystery of what ''D'' means. So much.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:01   Link #55
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Uh, The Meeting between Whitebeard and Shanks has not been done yet.
yes but we are fairly certain that the letter to Whitebeard was about Blackbeard and Ace

Quote:
That is the same as doing nothing! "Getting involved with anything that catches his intrest." You might as well delete the character Shanks right out of the story. Shanks by all means could have the same goals as Luffy and he might be after One Piece.
Don't really see how that's the same as doing nothing...
Wheather or not Shank's has a dream of his own it doesn't mean he has no role or purpose in the story.

example... Considering Shank's intrest in Ace and blackbeard, i think that he and Whitebeard may be knowledgable with the "Will of D"... Shank's may then play a role as "will of D" stuff unfolds, he may even be the one who tells Luffy what it means... Does he have a dream involving the will of D? maybe, maybe not... Shanks doesn't need to have a dream to be interested in it and get involved in something, he just has to know about it and be intrested about it...

Quote:
Uh, Shanks is being monitored by the Government for other reasons than just being a powerful pirate group. Shanks might have key and vital secrets and who is too say he is not a Shichibukai? or being pursued as one? It is obvious that Shanks is a major player in this story.
well, it's true they could have another reason opther than power, but it could Actually just because he's powerful... nothing really to say the gov't has any intrest other then that... I mean, Shanks has A LOT of power and he he is also a criminal, why would that not be enough to warrent monitoring from the gov't?

oh and no doubt he is gonna be a major player, but "major player in the story" does not equal "going after One Piece".

Quote:
When Luffy becomes Pirate King the story One Piece will be at an end! I agree with you that he will sail and explore but Shanks situation is different. Shanks goals have not been revealed!
My point was that it could be that it's possible that shanks has already accomplished his goals and is doing in the grandline the exact same thing Luffy will be doing after he accomplishes his own goal... sailing and exploring just because he loves it

Quote:
I ask you again, Out of the 419 chapters and Shanks was only shown three times you already have an idea that he is not interested in one Piece?
yup pretty much...
One Piece has been known to be part of the one piece world since the very begining, and Luffy has been connected to it since he met Shanks... in the few time he's been shown he has had some good chances to atleast drop a hint... no doubt, if Oda really wanted Shanks to be after One Piece, he would have given us atleast some hint by now, more then likely during the flashback with Luffy, or in the databooks...

Hell, some characters have managed to give us atleast some hint to what they want with even less page time...

Quote:
You and I disagree here buddy I believe Shanks is after One Piece and He will be Luffy's Final Battle for the title.
Ya we do... i'm convinced that Shanks is not after One Piece and will play a different role in the story... i also say that Whitebeard will be the final battle... i find a lot of symbolism, reason, and motivation behind that match up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Once the Pirate king is known- it won't be over. There is so much that will have to happen after that. The Lost history will be revealed to the world. The Mystery of what ''D'' means. So much.
Actually, i think the lost history and Will of D stuff will all unfold before Someone claim's One Piece... more then likely, the final fight over One Piece will be the very last thing in the series
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 04:18   Link #56
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Actually, i think the lost history and Will of D stuff will all unfold before Someone claim's One Piece... more then likely, the final fight over One Piece will be the very last thing in the series
How's that? The Key to revealing the Lost history is at Raftel and once the person gets there and claims the treasure- he'll be Pirate King. I don't see how it can be revealed before that.,
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 05:51   Link #57
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
How's that? The Key to revealing the Lost history is at Raftel and once the person gets there and claims the treasure- he'll be Pirate King. I don't see how it can be revealed before that.,
Well, both the lost history and One Piece are located on the same island... So i don't really see why both events won't occur at almost the same time... Or the true history RIGHT before claiming One Piece... I'm willing to wager that the final battle for One Piece will take place right on Raftel, so considering what Luffy has to contend with i think Robin will actually be reading the stone while Luffy's in his final match up

It's kinda interesting wondering how all the events and dreams will come to pass... But considering how things generally go, Luffy's dream will be te last one we see accomplished... Afterall, the series IS called "One Piece", and the treasure has been the center point of the series since the very begining, seems only right that it should end there...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 07:21   Link #58
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Age: 25
Hmm to me, shanks is more likely to clash with zoro and speaking of shanks dream he might want the same as Zoro to be the greatest swordsman and thats why i think he is more likely to fight zoro as zoro has to go through shanks if he want to prove his worth being the greatest swordsman, and as for luffy Whitebeard is more likely to cause conflict with luffy than shanks, and as one of you said before anything could happen. and i know i might getting out of my mind here, maybe luffy might end up going against his brother
__________________
You can try anything you want, but when i say"I will kill you" your death is assured.
Pyrokinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 07:25   Link #59
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Age: 25
just thinking about it, that would hell out of a twist then luffy going up against shanks. =]
__________________
You can try anything you want, but when i say"I will kill you" your death is assured.
Pyrokinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 08:02   Link #60
airsBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
umm.. question ?? why most of people think that Rio Poneglyph ... are in raftel ?? or that roger read all of Poneglyph ?? neither robin nor roger said that in skypie ??

this what i understood from what robin and roger said in skypie, - forgive my spelling- :
Rio poneplygh which contained the lost 100 years histroy doesn't exist, but the lost histroy was divided and encrypted within the ponyplyph stones all of them ( because if a civilization that about to be destroyed wrote thier history or those one hundreads years in one stone the world goverment can easy focuse thier effort locating that stone to hide or destroy it, not making learning that language tabbo, the WG are not affried of the ancient wepon since they destroyed the people that built it.. they just want to hide the histroy ).
now if each 10 years or 20 or 25years were ecrypted within 6 or 8 Poneglyph by reading all or most them you will learn those 10, 20 or 25 years.

now roger was intrested in find the 100 lost years the same as robin he was looking for Rio Poneglyph but he couldn't find it ... he read a lot of Poneglyph but always was about weapon or dead end. until he reached skypie it was another dead end but there was something different this time .. this time he learnt some part of the lost history and then he understand that Rio Poneglyph doesn't exist and by connecting group of Poneglyph togather u can get part of histroy, and then he decided when he reach raftel he will create Rio Poneglyph by writing all of what he read and learn there .. and he send a massage to anyone intrested of joining or helping him to go to raftel with what he read ... because most likely they could have parts that he doesn't have. and that's what robin want to do she will go there read what he wrote and added what she learned to his.

anyway the reason why he wrote that in skypie either
1- because he noticed that first in there so he wrote it to notifie anyone can read it, and he will write that to all other Poneglyph he will read after.
or
2- he belived that anyone can reach skypie can reach raftel so he wanted only the strong ones who can reach raftel to join him.

why i believe he didn't all of them:
1- *spoiler * if he read Orhara Poneglyph i can't see him doing that without the scholers noticing him, if so i doubt the head scholer would let go without teaching them how to read or write, which didn't happen since they continued to study it to learn the language .. even after the WG excuted roger and after year a few they destroyed them. ( orhara in north blue far a way from grandline )
2- i don't thnik he was able to read the Poneglyph in arabsta because he didn't know how to open the tomb .. and even if he could the king and the guards would notice at least notice that.
3- The Poneglyph that was underground which luffy, zoro and chopper found ... do u think he could find it without knowing where to look ?? luffy, zoro and chopper found it by luck and because they needed to cross the desert without being noticing by Croc and his orgnization .. so they falled in there .. i don't see a reason why roger would go there !!!?
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.