AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-29, 10:41   Link #41
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Mangekyou Sharingan... and he has it.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 11:59   Link #42
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They still look different to me...

Itachi... ch224

Kakashi...ch276

Old 2006-07-29, 16:04   Link #43
Lollerpants
Lollerskates

Could just be that mangekyou's look different for teh carriers, or maybe it pends on the way it was developed, or maybe Itachi's just 1337er.
Lollerpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 17:52   Link #44
Jehuty

or perhaps Kakashi's mangekyo isn't complete

it's funny though, how although Kakashi isn't an uchiha, that he has been able to develop the sharingan this much.

despite the fact it constantly drains chakra from him, since he can't turn it off.

maybe if he had tsunade look at it she could see if she can fix the nerves better so that he can control it.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 18:58   Link #45
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan was very different when it was still incomplete and doesnt come near to what Kakashi's version looks like.

Kakashi isnt within the bloodline of an Uchiha yet carries the Sharingan for years...and uses it for years...

I wouldnt be suprised if Kakashi's own blood + Sharingan evolved into this new eye.

Evolution like this happens all the time.
Might not be proper or you guys wont believe it but...

In Africa i saw a documentary and there was a village where all people had toes 3 ....2 front 1 in the back where the heel is. Like a bird...or Ninja Turtle...

and that's not it alone...their hands were misshaped aswell..they had 3 or 4 fingers instead of 5 regular ones.

All the people in the village had it...its not contagious its just evolution and inheritance.
Old 2006-07-29, 22:15   Link #46
Ryuujin

I suspect that every family within the Uchiha clan (or each person) has their own variation of Mangekyou.

OR that there's more than one method to get it. The evil method, used by Itachi, yields the version he has. The non-evil version yield's one like Kakashi's...

It's hard to tell with a sample size of only two...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 06:27   Link #47
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Mangekyou meaning Kaleidoscope, the different shapes were expected way before Kakasho got to obtain the MS.

Now does the shape depend of the user, the jutsu or the way to obtain the MS is still unknown.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:18   Link #48
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If Kakashi managed to get it... then what about Sosuke...
If there are different ways of getting it... other then what (supposedly) Itachi used... then we should see another version of it sooner or later...
Old 2006-08-01, 14:07   Link #49
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Kakashi has a Sharingan longer then Sasuke lives...so i wouldnt expect Sasuke to get MS any time soon..especially if Kakashi recently got it.

He is and was aware of Mangekyou Sharingan before...so i think he tried to obtain it for years...and only now forced and created a new version.

Both Kakashi & Sasuke are genius but i dont think Sasuke can get it within the next 2 years..
Old 2006-08-01, 15:15   Link #50
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Kakashi has a Sharingan longer then Sasuke lives...so i wouldnt expect Sasuke to get MS any time soon..especially if Kakashi recently got it.

He is and was aware of Mangekyou Sharingan before...so i think he tried to obtain it for years...and only now forced and created a new version.

Both Kakashi & Sasuke are genius but i dont think Sasuke can get it within the next 2 years..
sure? only MS user before kakashi was itachi(+1 person maybe),where would kakashi know MS?itachi used MS on sasuke a lot before kakashi.
Old 2006-08-02, 17:28   Link #51
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I was talking about experience with the Sharingan....Kakashi has used the sharingan alot longer then Sasuke perhaps even lives..
Old 2006-08-02, 18:28   Link #52
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Yet Kakashi has used the Sharingan a lot longer than Itachi as well.

Sasuke was able to enter into Naruto's mind and supress the chakra of the Kyubi whereas in order to do something equivalent Kakashi had to rely on Jiraiya's seal. In the other hand Kakashi has developped the Mangekyo which I doubt is the case for Sasuke.
I would say Sasuke as a true heir has now a more advanced Sharingan than Kakashi but is still not as experienced and didn't push it to the MS yet.
Also the effect of the CS may have developped some twisted new effects on Sasuke's Sharingan.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 00:07   Link #53
Faitchen5

Last Chap as the answer. the reason that you can't copy bloodlines is because most people aren't effiecient with multiple elements. They explain in the last one that some bloodlines come from using mutliple elements together.

"It needs something like a Bloodline Limit to do so. Kakashi tells Naruto about Haku, how the boy used his Hyouton bloodline to brind forth Ice using Wind and Water. That's why Kakashi couldn't copy Haku's moves with his Sharingan."

So, what element/elements you can use is partially genetic. However, Kakashi can copy the bloodline limit because even though he isn't part of the clan, I think that he uses the same elements as them. Kakashi, however, has the eye. He uses hand seals over his eye before he uses his MS. Which would also explain why his looks different. He has to do something with hand seals to make the chakara work the way it has to in order for the MS to work.

Now, how did he figure it out? it doesn't say that he couldn't see HOW Haku did his bloodline limit, it says that he can't do it because he couldn't use wind and water. He could have possably seen how how Itachi did it and then used his eye, which obviously uses those elements in some way as it still works in kakashi, to activate the MS.
Faitchen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 00:17   Link #54
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faitchen5
So, what element/elements you can use is partially genetic. However, Kakashi can copy the bloodline limit because even though he isn't part of the clan, I think that he uses the same elements as them. Kakashi, however, has the eye. He uses hand seals over his eye before he uses his MS. Which would also explain why his looks different. He has to do something with hand seals to make the chakara work the way it has to in order for the MS to work.

Now, how did he figure it out? it doesn't say that he couldn't see HOW Haku did his bloodline limit, it says that he can't do it because he couldn't use wind and water. He could have possably seen how how Itachi did it and then used his eye, which obviously uses those elements in some way as it still works in kakashi, to activate the MS.
I think you bring a very interesting point there. while it takes a genetic predisposition to use a bloodline limit, the use of sharingan or byakugan is a bloodline limit in itself - to activate them, that is.

Kakashi's Sharingan was already activated, so that took care of that part. If Obito had given Kakashi his eye in 'normal mode', then perhaps kakashi wouldn't have been able to ever bring up sharingan. But since it's on, all he has to do is further devlop it - all the way to the MS.

This is interesting indeed.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 00:41   Link #55
Faitchen5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty
I think you bring a very interesting point there. while it takes a genetic predisposition to use a bloodline limit, the use of sharingan or byakugan is a bloodline limit in itself - to activate them, that is.

Kakashi's Sharingan was already activated, so that took care of that part. If Obito had given Kakashi his eye in 'normal mode', then perhaps kakashi wouldn't have been able to ever bring up sharingan. But since it's on, all he has to do is further devlop it - all the way to the MS.

This is interesting indeed.
Thank you ^^ glad someone got what i was trying to say.
Old 2006-08-03, 00:51   Link #56
Lollerpants
Lollerskates

However, I'm not really sure elementals apply that well to Sharingan or Byakugan.

I think it more or less meant that IF you can do two elements at once to create a new one or what not you MUST have a bloodline limit or something similar, not exactly vice versa (bloodline limits must always be two elements). I really wouldn't see what elements are for doujutsu.

However the copying method of mangekyou seems the most plausible at the moment, yet I'd still prefer it if there was some other twist, still seems sort of lame that a seemingly trump card was just "copied"; plus I'd like to think there's a difference in appearance in the method perhaps.
Lollerpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 01:44   Link #57
Faitchen5

I would think that the difference in appearance is caused by the fact that he is forcing it to be to be MS. I think that it takes more effort and chakra then the normal MS, and doesn't have the full abilities, perhaps not even the same abilities as the Itachi's MS. It's a lesser version of it, I would guess. For one, he has one eye that is MS and not two, which has to have draw backs. And his elements aren't the same as Itachi and Sasuke's. So there has to be more stress on his body for using it. Not what i would say is up to itachi's level by any means.
Old 2006-08-04, 12:39   Link #58
x0dus

"I simply did not want to give him the pleasure...of seeing me attain power by submitting to his plans." says Sasuke.

We don't know that you have to kill your best friend to get the MS. Itachi doesn't know either, because he's only "gotten" it once, so how would he know all the possible methods of getting the power. Its not like its a common thing that you would know loads about.

Also, maybe he wanted to encourage Sasuke to become more like him and maybe join Akatsuki with him?

I think that there are other ways to get MS, and maybe other types of MS?

---

I can see Sasuke finding out that Kakashi has MS and maybe coming back to Konoha to find out how to achieve the limit without "killing your best friend".

I think that would be the only way of Sasuke ever coming back, if he sees Kakashi as a better source of power than Orochimaru.
x0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 13:40   Link #59
cheese4u
da big boss

I know this seems far fetched but I think Itachi may have been lying about that, or at the very least not telling the whole truth. I think Itachi just told Sasuke that so he won't get attached to his emotions, so he can be more motivated. Think about it Itachi claimed he killed Shishui to obtain the mangekyo sharingan, but we never saw Shishui at all during the show, or his deceased body. It could be Kishi hinting that Itachi didn't do it, and maybe MS is gained in another way.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 14:03   Link #60
4F0ur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faitchen5

its not that he couldnt use wind and water
its coz he didnt have the bloodline to mix wind and water into the mirror jutsu

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote