AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favorite characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 623 64.83%
Kyon 585 60.87%
Nagato Yuki 566 58.90%
Asahina Mikuru 289 30.07%
Asakura Ryoko 158 16.44%
Koizumi Itsuki 175 18.21%
Kyon's Sister 145 15.09%
Kunikida 22 2.29%
Taniguchi 43 4.47%
Tsuruya 317 32.99%
Kimidori Emiri 37 3.85%
The ENOZ Girls 89 9.26%
Shamisen (the cat) 105 10.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 961. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-07, 18:43   Link #141
Shana
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Over there.
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Yuki

Because she's the best character by far: knows who to fight, when and where to move; intelligent and is an alien, how could she be better?

Haruhi

Because being normal is BORING! and she's our goddess

Tsuruya-san

ROLFMAO ~nyoron! cute, meido suit, charming and has humor sense.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 19:01   Link #142
Atsushi
Anime Simpleton
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Non of your concern
Age: 25
Haruhi - Obvious as to why I chose her.
Yuki - After seeing her in episodes 10 and 11 how could I not choose her, plus I liked her from the begining.
Mikuru - So sweet and inoccent
Tsuruya - I give props to the little loli sister, not much apearance but still, such a loveable character
Shamisen - What can i say, I loev kitties =(^_^)=
__________________
Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 21:19   Link #143
Sepirts
Backward Stripes
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Haruhi, Yuki, Tsuruya. thanks ;D
__________________
Sepirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 21:26   Link #144
Jenx
Insert Creative Title
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlantis
KOIZUMI. 8D Why is it that no one likes him? He's so loveable. <3
And Tsuraya, she's pretty awesome herself.
Jenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 01:10   Link #145
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Agreed. I am bothered that Koizumi didn't rank higher than either Tsuruya or Mikuru?

Tsuruya, while perky and quirky, doesn't really do all that much. She's attractive and not much else.

Mikuru, while the source of much humor, really turns me of with her moe-appeal. She's funny mostly because of what Haruhi does to her. She's much too passive to interest me.

Aside from Yuki, Koizumi is about the only real thinker in the bunch. While Yuki is just great at raw processing power and has all sorts of unbelievable powers, she's not really good at introspection or philosophical speculation. He's the guy who peels back ever more layers away from the surface of the Haruhi universe to reveal ever deeper mysteries. He's perfectly in spirit with the open-ended wonder of the show.

He makes you ask. What is Haruhi really? What exactly is Mikuru's purpose? Who is Nagato? What is reality? He teases Kyon into coming ever-closer to the fact Kyon and Haruhi have got the hots for each other. Mostly this is hilarious because Kyon refuses to comprehend that he might like such a crazy person.

Koizumi is the most under-appreciated member of the crew. You wonder what kind of long-suffering sort of guy lives under a smiling mask, keeps Haruhi's life in order and pretty much realizes that he's not going register as blip on anyone's romantic radar. He hides his emotions so well that he probably can't distinguish himself from his facade anymore. The man has got character.

A philosopher with an iron will. You got to respect that.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 01:12   Link #146
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Agreed. I am bothered that Koizumi didn't rank higher than either Tsuruya or Mikuru?

Tsuruya, while perky and quirky, doesn't really do all that much.

Mikuru is, while the source of humor, really turns me of with her moe-appeal. She's funny mostly because of what Haruhi does to her. She's much too passive to interest me.

Aside from Yuki, Koizumi is about the only real thinker in the bunch. While Yuki is just great at raw processing power and has all sorts of unbelievable powers, she's not really good at introspection or philosophical speculation. He's the guy who peels back ever more layers away from the surface of the Haruhi universe to reveal ever deeper mysteries. He's perfectly in spirit with the open-ended wonder of the show.

He makes you ask. What is Haruhi really? What exactly is Mikuru's purpose? Who is Nagato? What is reality? He teases Kyon into coming ever-closer to the fact Kyon and Haruhi have got the hots for each other. Mostly this is hilarious because Kyon refuses to comprehend that he might like such a crazy person.

Koizumi is the most under-appreciated member of the crew. You wonder what kind of long-suffering sort of guy lives under a smiling mask, keeps Haruhi's life in order and pretty much realizes that he's not going register as blip on anyone's romantic radar. He hides his emotions so well that he probably can't distinguish himself from his facade anymore. The man has got character.

A philosopher with an iron will. You got to respect that.
Exactly.

I'm still waiting for a book centered on Koizumi.
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:43   Link #147
aprettyprettyprinces
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Koizumi is the most under-appreciated member of the crew. You wonder what kind of long-suffering sort of guy lives under a smiling mask, keeps Haruhi's life in order and pretty much realizes that he's not going register as blip on anyone's romantic radar. He hides his emotions so well that he probably can't distinguish himself from his facade anymore. The man has got character.

A philosopher with an iron will. You got to respect that.
I've never thought of that. It's definitely an eye-opener for me.
aprettyprettyprinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 08:48   Link #148
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
1.Nagato Yuki She is The Best...She is Alien..Wonderful Character...I love Her So much
2.Suzumiya Haruhi She Brought Yuki To Us...
3. Asahina Mikuru She is very Cute Character...
4.Kyon He Is hero Of Universe...And Funny Character..
5. Kyon's Sister She very Cute...She look like Haruhi....
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:40   Link #149
luckyfoshizzle
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
I voted for:
Haruhi Suzumiya- C'mon now if it wasn't her there would be no show. She IS the show! Without her this show would be just like any other bland anime series. She's what makes it special. Although, at times she can be kind of annoying in the sense that she's so pushy. Her idea of the world evolving around her gets old at times (even though technically it does). I love the way she just doesn't care what anybody around her thinks about her, she just does what she wants without a care in the world, free.

Kyon- As with Haruhi, without him there would be no series. He's a fantastic narrator. His dry sarcastic remarks go along great with Haruhi's carefree attitude. It's understandable why he's the only human Haruhi chooses to associate herself with.

Koizumi Itsuki: He's quiet and reserved, but there's just something interesting about him that I can't even discribe.

Didn't vote for:
Mikuru Asahina: She is definitely one of the most pointless characters I have ever witnessed in my entire anime watchin live. She's just too weak and baby-like. In small doses it would be cute, but it never changes so it's almost skip past her annoying. I feel the only reason she's in the series is the same reason she's in the SOS Brigade: she's cute and looks good in the outfits. I wish she'd just vanish.

Yuki Nagato: She's a great character and all, but besides her being an alien hybird, there's nothing special about her. Every anime has a girl that sits there mysteriously quiet, observing what's going on.
luckyfoshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 03:18   Link #150
Xzero
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Suzumiya Haruhi- Just I love her ^^
__________________
Xzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 13:09   Link #151
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfoshizzle View Post
Didn't vote for:
Mikuru Asahina: She is definitely one of the most pointless characters I have ever witnessed in my entire anime watchin live. She's just too weak and baby-like. In small doses it would be cute, but it never changes so it's almost skip past her annoying. I feel the only reason she's in the series is the same reason she's in the SOS Brigade: she's cute and looks good in the outfits. I wish she'd just vanish.

Yuki Nagato: She's a great character and all, but besides her being an alien hybird, there's nothing special about her. Every anime has a girl that sits there mysteriously quiet, observing what's going on.
You will vote for them in season 2.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 14:29   Link #152
Theman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
How can Mikuru get so few votes? Adult Mikuru is pure win.
Theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 15:00   Link #153
bullrogg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
nagato, kyon, and haruhi no doubt :P
bullrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:54   Link #154
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprettyprettyprinces View Post
I've never thought of that. It's definitely an eye-opener for me.
You have to realize that Koizumi loses games to Kyon but retains a scholarly interest in them. He's in it for purely intellectual reasons, not to trump Kyon.

In the novels, Kyon wonders if Koizumi isn't deliberately losing to him or if he really just sucks that bad.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 12:54   Link #155
Hedd
Random Object
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
You have to realize that Koizumi loses games to Kyon but retains a scholarly interest in them. He's in it for purely intellectual reasons, not to trump Kyon.

In the novels, Kyon wonders if Koizumi isn't deliberately losing to him or if he really just sucks that bad.
I always figured it was an example of personality strengths. While Koizumi could understand and to an extent explain complicated things Kyon was simple far better at reacting to tactical situations. In a sense its almost Kyon's "magical power", unfortunately this ability to react also seems to supress Kyon's urge to understand what he's reacting to.





as for the poll: Haruhi, no exceptions.
Hedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 07:51   Link #156
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 22
Yuki, Haruhi, Kyon.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 04:35   Link #157
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
yeah, somebody mentioned voting for everybody and I figured 'hey! Great idea!'.

Iunno, in the end I think I could have gone without voting for Kimidori Emiri or the Enoz girls, though.

Also want to say to Twisted Reality, thanks for being an advocate for Koizumi. I always thought he was an interesting character and a valuable component of both the SOS Brigade and the story as a narrative, but the coherency and emphasis of your argument really helps to make me stop and think and give him credit where it is due.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 08:24   Link #158
LordSchmee
Legendary Dog Deity
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I voted Suzumiya for her classy smile (when she enters the baseball tournament, so cute :P)
Also voted:
Mikuru (for the way she always whimpers :P)
Nagato (the way she stares at Kyon is just, kawaii!)
Shamisen (come on who doesnt like a talking cat? :P)
LordSchmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:58   Link #159
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Malacca, Malaysia.
Haruhi - Duh!!

Kyon - Loves it when he is speaks inside his heart.
__________________

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 19:58   Link #160
TheBlackRose
Black Gema Gema Gang
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: YE OLD TOILET
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to TheBlackRose Send a message via MSN to TheBlackRose
WOW! my first post...except for the introduction....well actually, I'm going to cosplay as Haruhi for Otakon b/c "She is a god" as my bf would say...
__________________

"Immortality is wasted on the young" -Alucard
TheBlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.