AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2003-12-24, 22:44   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Forums downtime again?

I noticed today that animesuki went down hard for a while or was darned near impossible to reach for a while. Any mods or admins got any idea what's going on? Is it network troubles? Dos attack? Or something else? i got into one of the mirrors fine, but I still kinda wish I could have gotten into the forums though.

A notice in the IRC chan (yeah, mr. I hate IRC dropped in for a visit today. hehe. ) said that the site's been unstable lately. Any particular reasons? Not trying to sound like I'm nagging or anything. Just being a curious cat is all.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 23:17   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I noticed today that animesuki went down hard for a while or was darned near impossible to reach for a while. Any mods or admins got any idea what's going on? Is it network troubles? Dos attack? Or something else? i got into one of the mirrors fine, but I still kinda wish I could have gotten into the forums though.

A notice in the IRC chan (yeah, mr. I hate IRC dropped in for a visit today. hehe. ) said that the site's been unstable lately. Any particular reasons? Not trying to sound like I'm nagging or anything. Just being a curious cat is all.
The server is currently on gay sex leave.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 23:17   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:

I think AS users are used to downtimes by now
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 23:19   Link #4
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

it's more like a tradition ^^
Old 2003-12-24, 23:20   Link #5
Mb81

Quote:

It was caused by a large UDP Denial of Server Attack from our friends from korea.
So far; i hope i fixed the leak; but we will see.

There isn`t much somebody can do, some hosts send tons of bad traffic... well; i order again a 3. new server newyear... Load Balancing seems to be the best way..
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 23:42   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Sweet. Good to hear mb81.

I figured that it was a DOS. Just wanted to check to be sure. I've had to fight against hackers and dos'ers for a while, so I know what you're saying. hehe.
Old 2003-12-25, 03:48   Link #7
Starlord

Well could be someone who was realy angry about the Fake Naruto Episode so he shot down were he gets the fake torrent....
its not the true way but i understood the feeling...
Starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 03:54   Link #8
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord
Well could be someone who was realy angry about the Fake Naruto Episode so he shot down were he gets the fake torrent....
its not the true way but i understood the feeling...
hahaha...omg you're killing me. Ok AS maybe isn't perfect...well it's not, but they try to do their best (I am talking about website, forums is *cough* another issue *cough*). Come on it's just one small misstake, and I am sure it won't happen again. If you don't like AS then don't use it. Ok so u downloaded for 30min for nothing...big deal.

No really you made my day
Old 2003-12-25, 04:00   Link #9
Starlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
hahaha...omg you're killing me.No really you made my day
*smile* its funny sometimes here, after a cupple of time i say nothing but when i start to speak out an Problem, the hole Forum Administrators are running wild and wear the Schilds Panic!!!!

but that was only an sugestion, no need to fell into Panic ;-)
I realy like AS realy much, but sometimes the AS People roll the Problem from the wrong Side, well ok maybe those who are able to do whats needed are sleeping now.. no Problem thats an Forum, and an Forum should be an Place to bring out what People Think, dont you Think so ?-)
Starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 04:22   Link #10
Forse
r00t for life

We went a bit off topic here, but yes I do agree that sometimes mods act too fast...and oh well. Like their policy about sigs...one mod allows some sig other don't and so on. Their famous "nobody make any trouble unless they want a ban". Sure I feel that AS forums isn't as good as it used to be. it is lately home for "what kinda sex are you" threads. I myself try to follow the rules myself and post only when I have something to say.

Oh well I guess I should stop while I can
Old 2003-12-25, 10:02   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehehe. The naruto64 thing was actually funny. NoSanninWa didn't think so, but in hindsite it's actually funny how they had to lock thread after thread after thread. Having experience as a Mod I know how they're feeling right now.

But yeah, back on topic, I wasn't trying to complain. Just being curious is all. I know the AS crew is doing a great job and little hickups are to be expected. So I wasn't complaining, just asking a question out of curiousity.
Old 2003-12-25, 17:06   Link #12
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i had some troubles accesing the forum yesterday till today noon i wonder what those guys r thinking when trying to attack a site as peaceful as animesuki

off-topic:
i felt really sorry for NoSanninWa closing thread after thread it was really anoying how ppl overacted for the whole thing, nice job by the mods keeping the forum clean