AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-16, 22:14   Link #81
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'm guessing that a lot of people will sacrifice sleep, time, and work for this one and spend the entire day playing...especially for those who have XBOX Live account. Well, good luck to you guys who're planning to do that . As for me, I'm not gonna get it yet since I don't have a 360 yet.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 22:25   Link #82
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

I shall "Believe" and then "Finish the Fight"
Old 2007-09-16, 23:24   Link #83
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

everyone and their mom knows this info lol

Im going to get it after the crowds stop killing for it maybe a month after its release

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 23:32   Link #84
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

I was at a 7-eleven about a week ago and found it amusing that they were taking Halo 3 pre-orders.
Old 2007-09-17, 01:31   Link #85
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4212 View Post
yep ive reserved it, but it comes out on the 24th for me
Me too. Pwnage.
Old 2007-09-17, 02:17   Link #86
ImperialPanda

Estimated to sell 2.5-3 million copies in 24 hrs...
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 10:27   Link #87
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
man thats a lot of copies of halo 3
Old 2007-09-17, 16:24   Link #88
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

No kidding. Now if you take into account how many XBOX 360s that is, and the price of the games, and then add some for people who are gonna get the game but didn't reserve it (like me)....

....Holy crap that's a lot of money.
Old 2007-09-17, 18:29   Link #89
Autumn Demon
~

Any halo fans play/played myth? Myth was a strategy game that came out in 1997, created by Bungie, the makers of Halo.

I read an article that said Halo was originally supposed to be a strategy game (for the Mac) with fps elements, but that the creators loved the fps part so much they just made that the whole game.

I'm not looking forward to Halo 3 all that much because I thought Halo 2 was so much worse than Halo 1. But I do know Bungie is capable of creating better sequels because Myth 2 was a lot better than Myth 1. Interestingly enough, Myth 2 was released just a year after Myth 1 came out, heh. Makes the Halo sequel waits seem like eternity.

There was a Myth 3, but that was made by another company after Bungie was bought by Microsoft and sold the Myth series title, so the suckiness of Myth 3 can't really predict anything about Halo 3.

Just in case anyone is wondering... The Myth 2 community is still somewhat alive. This past summer there was a 7v7 tournament with 24 teams and a $1000 cash prize. Not many people are playing at the moment but hopefully there will be the 10th Myth World Cup in summer 2008 to bring people back to the game, and possibly another tournament this Fall.

Myth was big for its time but Halo squashes it. It is possible that Halo 2 may outlive Halo 3 like Myth 2 did to Myth 3, the way sequels go sometimes.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 11:28   Link #90
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I really need to get a 360...but I'm broke, and my mom wont let me sell my xbox for some reason....My moms friend buys gamming systems that are getting ready to go outta style for some reason, and said he'll buy mine for $200 and I'm like YESH!!! and my mom's like No..and I'm like Why...then she walked away..and I'm like WTF??? Very sadning...But yea...I wana play Halo 3 and such..I honestly don't think it's going to be as great as the first 2 though, Alot of the games I play that go in to a sequal and what not...arn't usualy the best by the third...But I still wana play of course, Exspecially on Xbox live...nothing more fun then getting owned by all these people, and pwning in Sniping..XD...Sniping was the only thing I was good at on Xbox Live
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 20:38   Link #91
Gundam Zero Force

This is cool. I haven't really been in check with the release date of Halo 3 this last year, in fact I didn't even know Halo 3 was coming out next week until 2 days ago when I saw it in a magazine. I didn't even have an xbox 360 yet b/c I have been waiting for Halo 3, so yesterday I got the halo 3 special edition one and also was able to reserve THE LAST copy of Halo 3! I couldn't beleive my luck that I was the last person at the EB Games store to get a pre-order copy lol. Even the Best Buy near me was sold out.

So in oter words: I am ready to "Finish the Fight" now lol
Old 2007-09-20, 02:08   Link #92
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I've always enjoyed the Halo series, but the hype machine is REALLY overboard for this installment. I mean, really... do we really need 7-11 to be taking preorders? Or Halo themed Mountain Dew? Or a Halo 3 NASCAR car?

@siya:
ROFL, if you can sell your XBox for 200 bucks, that's amazing, considering most go for under 100 right now.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 10:19   Link #93
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I've always enjoyed the Halo series, but the hype machine is REALLY overboard for this installment. I mean, really... do we really need 7-11 to be taking preorders? Or Halo themed Mountain Dew? Or a Halo 3 NASCAR car?
Yes, yes we do.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:26   Link #94
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yes, yes we do.
2nd, theres not enough tb honest
Old 2007-09-20, 10:36   Link #95
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:

@siya:
ROFL, if you can sell your XBox for 200 bucks, that's amazing, considering most go for under 100 right now.
I know, The guy collects old gaming systems..He says they'll be worth alot one day XD..They probably will be too...maybe...But yea...he's got like everything, All thje sega systems..and like everything...you name it he's go it..so this guy is willing to pay over the price then what it's worth...but it's saddening that my mom won't let me sell it...
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 16:20   Link #96
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yes, yes we do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
2nd, theres not enough tb honest
NO STOP FEEDING THE HYPE MACHINE!!!

The only big thing I'm looking forward to is the guaranteed introduction of the other Spartans. After all, you do get to play as them in multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
I know, The guy collects old gaming systems..He says they'll be worth alot one day XD..They probably will be too...maybe...But yea...he's got like everything, All thje sega systems..and like everything...you name it he's go it..so this guy is willing to pay over the price then what it's worth...but it's saddening that my mom won't let me sell it...
Don't listen to mothers :O
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 08:39   Link #97
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
NO STOP FEEDING THE HYPE MACHINE!!!

The only big thing I'm looking forward to is the guaranteed introduction of the other Spartans. After all, you do get to play as them in multiplayer.
oh may I suggest you read the novels, the back stories of the other spartans and how they came to be is must for any fan.
right now I'm trying to get my hands on the 4th novel.
Old 2007-09-23, 12:48   Link #98
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Anyone planning to camp outside shops tomorrow for it? I wish I could've
Old 2007-09-23, 14:25   Link #99
arcadeplayer987

Too bad Halo 3 for PC will come: never

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 16:21   Link #100
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Halo 3 Reviews just released...Looks like it will be averaging a 95% to a 96% on Metacritic and gamerankings. Easily on par with Bioshock.
Fantastic multiplayer with a great finish
Coop, coop online
Metagames and the level mixer
and of course multplayer