AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-10, 18:50   Link #21
X207
Gamyūsa

imo kira is the best
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 20:12   Link #22
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
First off, I don't think martial arts, being able to catch bullets, and being able to take down MS with your barehands will overqualify you as a pilot.
If someone can run faster than a car, that doesn't make him/her a superior driver.

To me, a pilot's skills only count when they're actually in the mobile suit.

Anyways, as for non-UC pilots, in terms of potential I'd have to give this to Kira, because well, he's special in terms of being genetically enhanced, god-modded, plot armor, etc.

As for battle record/pilot resume, Zechs, for sure. Heero may be on par with him, but there are things Zechs has done that Heero hasn't shown (doesn't mean he can't do it, it just wasnt shown), that's why it goes down to the battle record/history. Plus, Zechs disabled countless Serpents with just a beam saber and heat rod, in a non-Gundam mobile suit as well.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 20:16   Link #23
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

kira has the ridiculouslly powerfull strike freedom armed with aimbot and the instant win button so i don't see how he can be considered a skilled pilot. i'll say garrod is the non uc pilot.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 20:20   Link #24
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Can't blame him (Kira) for being ridiculously powerful. After all, he modded the Strike Freedom himself. So if he has an aimbot on the Freedom, well, he put it on there! By all means, he deserves to have it! Especially if we are gauging skill by the interaction between a pilot and his/her MS.

You see, his official hobby is actually 'Hacking' according to Bandai/Sunrise.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 21:42   Link #25
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores

Anyways, as for non-UC pilots, in terms of potential I'd have to give this to Kira, because well, he's special in terms of being genetically enhanced, god-modded, plot armor, etc.

As for battle record/pilot resume, Zechs, for sure. Heero may be on par with him, but there are things Zechs has done that Heero hasn't shown (doesn't mean he can't do it, it just wasnt shown), that's why it goes down to the battle record/history. Plus, Zechs disabled countless Serpents with just a beam saber and heat rod, in a non-Gundam mobile suit as well.
I kinda agree with you. exept for the 'Heero is on par with Zechs part'
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 21:50   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
First off, I don't think martial arts, being able to catch bullets, and being able to take down MS with your barehands will overqualify you as a pilot.
If someone can run faster than a car, that doesn't make him/her a superior driver.

To me, a pilot's skills only count when they're actually in the mobile suit.
But its different for G Gundam, being able to run faster than a car, means your Gundam can run faster than a car multiplied by its own abilities.

Taking Domon out of the picture, my original post also states that Kira is the best pilot.
---------------
Here's an SRW based stats match up for Kira, Garod, Heero and Zechs.

Firstly about Garrod, he can't really be judged because his stat's are always nerfed so that the satelite cannon won't be over powered, which still is lol. But even if its because of the satelite cannon, it still doesn't explain why he has such bad accuracy and evasion. Gundam X characters really lose out in accuracy and evasion, except the Frost brothers.

Heero is just a little lower in stats compared to Zechs, but both of them are high tier characters. But Heero's stats are lower because he has the ZERO system, which when activated, gives him stats that are higher than Zechs in every way and makes him one of the strongest characters in all the SRW games he has appeared.

Kira, who has appeared in only 2 SRW games and has top tier stats in both games. In SRW@3, he has the highest base accuracy and evasion stats. Freedom was kinda overpowered, but his stats are not nerfed in anyway, when he SEEDs, Freedom does super robot level damage and can't be hit at all either by evading or with phase shift. SRWJ, SEED mechs were more balanced, but the characters became even stronger. Kira's coordination status + SEED means overpowered stats. Kira is probably the strongest non UC, pilot ever created in SRW history, he even beats some newtypes in evasion, but I'm sure he outdamages all gundam pilots.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 21:58   Link #27
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.

Heero is just a little lower in stats compared to Zechs, but both of them are high tier characters. But Heero's stats are lower because he has the ZERO system, which when activated, gives him stats that are higher than Zechs in every way and makes him one of the strongest characters in all the SRW games he has appeared.

pilots.
Why doesn't Zechs get his Zero System? (I've never played SRW)
Old 2006-07-10, 22:00   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Because he always has Tallgeese III as his best mech. Even if he uses Epyon in some games, he doesn't have an exceptional melee stat, which even the ZERO system can't provide much help.

Old 2006-07-11, 00:24   Link #29
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Since Kira is gonna break word count records on this thread I'll say Rau le Creset...Although I'm not sure if he could take on all of the Wing Boys...Which makes me wonder how sick Rau would be under a zero-system...He'd definatley rip up the Frost Bros. and Caris...Tifa with Garoad is pretty damn strong so maybe DoubleX would kick his a$$, but that remains to be seen so super-extreme Char FTW...
Old 2006-07-11, 01:23   Link #30
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Best non-UC pilot besides Mr. Killer Tomato?
Ecks Dee.

If you want to talk about achieving extraordinary feats, as shown on screen, then I don't see how anyone could nominated anyone other than Tomato-san or Heero Yuy. I'm not particularly a fan of Gundam Wing, but it seems to me that Heero had the most extraordinary on-screen achievements of any AC pilot prior to SEED.

Remember what he did with a Leo? The same MS that would blow up as soon as you look at it, with anyone else at the controls... Yeah, I know that Gundam Wing is an anime in which the usual rules don't apply, so it's kind of unfair to compare any Wing pilots to the rest of Gundam. Even so, you have to look at what's depicted on screen, and Heero is depicted as a demigod.

The Crumbling Biscuit.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 03:46   Link #31
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar
Ecks Dee.

If you want to talk about achieving extraordinary feats, as shown on screen, then I don't see how anyone could nominated anyone other than Tomato-san or Heero Yuy. I'm not particularly a fan of Gundam Wing, but it seems to me that Heero had the most extraordinary on-screen achievements of any AC pilot prior to SEED.

Remember what he did with a Leo? The same MS that would blow up as soon as you look at it, with anyone else at the controls... Yeah, I know that Gundam Wing is an anime in which the usual rules don't apply, so it's kind of unfair to compare any Wing pilots to the rest of Gundam. Even so, you have to look at what's depicted on screen, and Heero is depicted as a demigod.
Lets not talk about Leo's. Remember Zechs in the First Episode? Heero coulnd land a hit on Zechs in his Leo. Zechs was able to tie heero's Wing Gundam in just a Leo. If It wasn't for Heero's gundainium BS Zechs would have beat him many times.
Old 2006-07-11, 03:54   Link #32
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Lets not talk about Leo's. Remember Zechs in the First Episode? Heero coulnd land a hit on Zechs in his Leo. Zechs was able to tie heero's Wing Gundam in just a Leo. If It wasn't for Heero's gundainium BS Zechs would have beat him many times.
However don't forget Heero piloted Wing Zero with the knowledge that it's Gundanium armour was incredible...Had he not fought in that mobile suit he would have adjusted accordingly...If you have a suit that can't really be damaged because of it's armour you use that to your advantage because it allows for more errors...
Old 2006-07-11, 04:01   Link #33
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
However don't forget Heero piloted Wing Zero with the knowledge that it's Gundanium armour was incredible...Had he not fought in that mobile suit he would have adjusted accordingly...If you have a suit that can't really be damaged because of it's armour you use that to your advantage because it allows for more errors...
True but, do you realy think Heero is a better pilot then Zechs? I don't. Every time (exept one) Heero and Zechs went at it Heero's MS had a advantage. But Zechs is IMO a better pilot then Heero. Zech's battle records speak for there self. Heero could never match Zechs.
Old 2006-07-11, 06:50   Link #34
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Zech's battle records speak for there self.
If you look at it that way, then Valder is better than Zechs.

But yeah, Zechs is better than Heero. Maybe if Heero had emotions, that probably would've made him stronger (it makes sense since its anime).

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 06:58   Link #35
Lonely

Although i hate him.. Kira.. honestly if you can take down an entire army within 2minutes.. how can you not be the "best"?
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 07:00   Link #36
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
If you look at it that way, then Valder is better than Zechs.

But yeah, Zechs is better than Heero. Maybe if Heero had emotions, that probably would've made him stronger (it makes sense since its anime).
Like this?: 'Mirai no tameni... Kono chikara da!' *beam spam, Kira style*

Heero was the perfect soldier because he kills without second thoughts, if he has feelings he could be weaker.

Old 2006-07-11, 07:05   Link #37
grandmaster192

Quote:
Like this?: 'Mirai no tameni... Kono chikara da!' *beam spam, Kira style*

Heero was the perfect soldier because he kills without second thoughts, if he has feelings he could be weaker.
Zechs had feelings and he was known as a ultmate soldier.
Old 2006-07-11, 07:07   Link #38
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

heh heh, I wont say G-Gundam chars are the best, since they aren't really 'piloting' so to speak.... IMO anyways

Lightning Count ftw. He is one of those 'man makes the machine' type of pilot. Athrun is also like this on a lesser degree.

I would love to put Loran, Kira, and Mwu here, but they are more 'machine makes the man' type of pilots
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 07:13   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Zechs had feelings and he was known as a ultmate soldier.
And at the end he was defeated by Heero, its almost a draw though.

Old 2006-07-11, 07:17   Link #40
grandmaster192

Quote:
And at the end he was defeated by Heero, its almost a draw though.
Are you talking about the Final battle? Zechs was owning Heero until Heero cheated...I don't realy want to get into the details but if I must.....