AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 10 20.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 34.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 16.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 2006-06-27, 14:53   Link #1
I am mowing clowns
Ouran Host Club Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-06-27, 15:03   Link #2
hi no ken Jebus
Old 2006-06-27, 16:03   Link #3
Episode 13 Screencaps and Summary

Old 2006-06-27, 19:02   Link #4
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
haruhi with her girl look for the majority of this episode. woot!
Old 2006-06-27, 21:31   Link #5
Send a message via AIM to dreamoflife
I really loved this episode, even with the language barrier. xD It was different from the manga version in almost every way, but it was still awesome... I don't understand some of the Japanese, so I'm going to have to wait for the subbed version to be sure, but I'm already getting the feeling that this episode was one giant metaphor.

Also... (manga spoilers follow)
Spoiler for manga chapter 26-ish:

Also, it was really, really cool how they used characters and situations from the actual Alice in Wonderland book. Like the whole Duchess thing... that cracked me up.

Last edited by dreamoflife; 2006-06-27 at 21:48.
Old 2006-06-27, 21:38   Link #6
Author-type person
Wow, I'm impressed. That's a pretty faithful adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, and those are hard to do. (I've written one myself, so I would know...) Most people throw in stuff like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, who are from the second book, Through the Looking Glass.

I can't wait to see this...
Old 2006-06-27, 22:50   Link #7
Episode 13 screencaps and review

Old 2006-06-29, 03:38   Link #8
Send a message via AIM to Ori
I love the changes. I didn't like the manga chapter all that much.
Old 2006-06-30, 04:00   Link #9
When the review is seen, the staff seems to try to draw a mental side enthusiastically.
Old 2006-07-01, 15:28   Link #10
I cried when Haruhi cried.. damn
Old 2006-07-01, 22:15   Link #11
Disabled By Request
This has got to be one of my favorite Ouran episodes to date.

And this episode is also one of the best Alice-adaptions I have seen, it kept faithful to the original story and managed to keep that "Ouran High School Host Club" feel while doing it! XD
Old 2006-07-02, 02:33   Link #12
Somehow I found out
What I particularly loved about this episode was how different it was from all the other eps in this series. It really was very odd at first, but the way it tied into Haruhi's (subtle) changes at a character was fantastic. And necessary, I'd argue as well... it really did a great job of highlighting that the previous episodes weren't just pointless episodic adventures done for humour, but there really is some depth to all these characters. I think it's the other Haruhi anime that's opened my eyes and revealed to me that this type of character development (ie, gradually changing through interactions) is fine too.

The production values in this ep seemed to reach a series-high. I think Bones have done a highly commendable job with this ep; it really was a feast for the eyes. Overall, great ep... arguably among the best in this series, even if it wasn't among the funniest.
Old 2006-07-02, 02:45   Link #13
alright.. i just have two questions...

when tamaki wakes up Haruhi from her dream and tells her to get ready...

what is that guitar instrumental in the background and where can i get it?

thank you
Old 2006-07-02, 03:27   Link #14
This episode was very different but good. It wasn't the usual over-the-top comedy, but it really made me feel like I had been transported to a Wonderland too. And all of the flashbacks to people/things from previous episodes.... it's PERFECT for the "halfway point" episode (it's kind of like an interesting way of having a flashback episode! Whoever came up with this = genious)

My favorite part was the twins. Sneaking around like the cat... they looked cool!
Old 2006-07-02, 08:10   Link #15
Certified Organic
episode 13 was pleasant. i would have liked to see it stretch two episodes though. that was alot to stuff into 30mins, but it was fine.
Old 2006-07-02, 10:36   Link #16
Noodlehead is not edible.

I don't really care what anyone else says, I simply loved that episode. Everything -- animation, story parallels, how the music was perfectly timed, the "strangeness" of it all, I adored.

When I was younger, I used to be a bit of an Alice in Wonderland fanatic. I've read the original Alice in Wonderland three times, and its sequel, Through the Looking Glass, probably twice. I'm even into the creepy spinoffs, like that Alice game by American McGee. I think the overall absurdity and strangeness is what I like so much about "Alice." Anyway, the way that this episode took its elements and "Ouran-ized it" was wonderful.

I don't really mind that it was changed from the manga version -- anyway, I don't even read the manga. I'm going to go and read it soon though, probably after the anime finishes. I like the idea of a crack!Alice in Wonderland, but that has a different mood altogether, so you can't compare it to this episode, which had a more serious approach.

I find that by reading the manga, you become unecessarily biased against the anime version, which automatically takes away from your enjoyment of the show. Why can't people see both the manga and anime as two different mediums with the same overall plot? That way, you can enjoy both of them separately for different reasons.

Ah, I think that this episode has done the impossible -- it's knocked off episode 10 (Ranka meeting the Host Club) as my favorite Ouran episode. Of course, all of Ouran's episodes are simply brilliant.

~ Noodlehead

Last edited by Noodlehead; 2006-07-02 at 14:04.
Old 2006-07-02, 13:57   Link #17
Suki the Pure
I like this ep FAR more than the manga version (which is so weird, it's like I"M in Wonderland). I think someone who liked Alice in Wonderland would like this episode even if they didn't watch Ouran.
Old 2006-07-02, 14:12   Link #18
I also like that scene where at first, WE THOUGHT it was the sky until Haruhi emerged from it and caused ripples. Simply beautiful.

I rewatched it again just to make sure about my thoughts on this episode. So many secrets/symbology on this ep it makes my heart tremble.
Old 2006-07-02, 14:52   Link #19
I cracked up at the part when Mori awoke from his sleep to remind Honey to brush his teeth XD. I also thought the end when Haruhi was crying about her mother was sad.
Old 2006-07-02, 14:54   Link #20
Shine your light on thee!
This episode was wonderful. Reminds me of a similar episode from Maho Tsukai Tai (Magic Users Club) when Sae was going in and out from one dream/reality to another until she finally met, face to face, with the person her heart was truley seeking, Takakura. Really touching. I love soul searching episodes like this that blur the line between the preception dreams and reality. I like Haruhi's character even more now that I have more insight on her inner feelings. Very beautiful and somewhat sadening as well.
Closed Thread