AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2006-07-11, 21:02   Link #1
sx3
0 Gundam

Stargazer Gundam, Thoughts?

http://www.seed-stargazer.net/mechanics/index.html (another image)

so.. lets here your guys's thoughts on Stargazer's ring. The gundam i personally love the design and look but unless that ring does something cool that ring kinda is annoying. Do you guys like the stargazer? also apparently its unmanned, i can't really see how this gundam has anything to connect with Strike Noir, Verde Buster and Blu Duel. We already know Noir is on earth and this thing is heading to Mars? As far as i can see this thing will be the enemy without a pilot? im just guessing that someone will take over
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:09   Link #2
monster

I like the color scheme the most, but the design is nice as well. And yeah, the ring is unnecessary, though I'm sure it's going to do something. It's still my favorite out of the four new mobile suits.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:22   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

That $hit looks dope...Like an ASTRAY on some good crack...I'm almost expecting the White-Tiger Power Ranger to pilot it X)...Unfortunatley it doesn't look like it's in the same universe as the series...It looks much cleaner, with a simple yet crisp design...I personally think the ring gives it some personality and I do expect it will do something...It's really sucks to see these cool-looking suits (Stargazer and Noir) are just the prototypes for GSD cannon fodder....They look like the type of suits that could have made a difference...
Old 2006-07-11, 21:45   Link #4
DropDeadEd
Who knew?

Send a message via AIM to DropDeadEd Send a message via MSN to DropDeadEd
It is an interesting design.

What A Sad Existence.
DropDeadEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:53   Link #5
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Except it is also interesting to note that the StarGazer is supposedly unmanned and designed with exploration as its primary objective, so I have not yet noted any weapons it carry. Since the discovery of Evidence-01 caused quite a phenomenon... they are sending this unit out beyond Mars for exploration. I wonder how that'd turn out.

Aliens in a Gundam universe, well, I gotta say CE is the first.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:56   Link #6
DropDeadEd
Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Except it is also interesting to note that the StarGazer is supposedly unmanned and designed with exploration as its primary objective. Its supposed to go beyond Mars for exploration, since the discovery of Evidence-01 caused quite a phenomenon... I wonder how that'd turn out.

- Tak

Can anyone say mobile doll?

EDIT:

The ring reminds me of one of the suits to chose from in Super Robot Tasien J.

What A Sad Existence.
Old 2006-07-11, 21:59   Link #7
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I'm diggin the colour scheme.
Are those beam shields on it's arm?
Until I know it's armaments (which is what I'm more interested in), I haven't made up my mind yet. But from the current looks, I'd say it looks unique and I kinda like it.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:00   Link #8
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadEd
Can anyone say mobile doll?
I can

It will be a mobile doll that won't try to shoot things with it's gigantic laser canon.

But seriously it looks like it's going to be very intersting at least I hope it will be. I like the design and color scheme.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:03   Link #9
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Well, the description says its a non-combat version, but of course we all know that is going to change... *grin*

- Tak
Old 2006-07-11, 22:03   Link #10
DropDeadEd
Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
I can

It will be a mobile doll that won't try to shoot things with it's gigantic laser canon.

But seriously it looks like it's going to be very intersting at least I hope it will be. I like the design and color scheme.
Gundam centers around the whole pilot power scheme. But then again, maybe it's time for something new.

What A Sad Existence.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:05   Link #11
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

It's been a while since I've seen a decent white-schemed Gundam in C.E. too.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:08   Link #12
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
It's been a while since I've seen a decent white-schemed Gundam in C.E. too.
True True usually when you get white there is a prerequisite that says it has to also be blue, red and have some yellow. I think that it's time for a change.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:10   Link #13
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Now that reminds me... There's gotta be a model kit for this thing! O.o...!
Old 2006-07-11, 22:18   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm on the fence as far as the 'ring' is concerned, it all depends on how it is used.

Overall however, I like the design. Looking beyond the Strike-ish body, the head is definitely an attractive interpetation of the the traditional design.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:29   Link #15
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

the design is meh... but a a 1/144 HG or a 1/100 can save it for me :>
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:30   Link #16
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Well, the description says its a non-combat version, but of course we all know that is going to change... *grin*

- Tak
lol so true but i still dont get how if its on its way to mars can this thing connect to the other 3 gundams. Im also thinking someone will definately end up piloting this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
That $hit looks dope...Like an ASTRAY on some good crack...I'm almost expecting the White-Tiger Power Ranger to pilot it X)...Unfortunatley it doesn't look like it's in the same universe as the series...It looks much cleaner, with a simple yet crisp design...I personally think the ring gives it some personality and I do expect it will do something...It's really sucks to see these cool-looking suits (Stargazer and Noir) are just the prototypes for GSD cannon fodder....They look like the type of suits that could have made a difference...
I forget, stargazer is whats going on BEFORE destiny series right? or is it after cause the time frame seems to be before it.

Overall this gundam is such a beautiful design and look, those black lines that seem to be able to glow gold or soemthing are really doing it for me, makes it look so special for futuristic. everyone, lest just hope this thing does something cool and looks good in the show. they better not get lazy and cut down its animation and i hope it gets some crazy ass weapons, this things got some major potential to be kick ass!
Old 2006-07-11, 22:34   Link #17
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

"I forget, stargazer is whats going on BEFORE destiny series right? or is it after cause the time frame seems to be before it. "

Its actually set 'during' the Destiny series like Astray was set 'during' SEED. For Stargazer, it overlaps the incident involving certain ZAFT fanatics dropping a colony on Earth (man, they ever get tired of doing that?)

- Tak
Old 2006-07-11, 22:38   Link #18
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

For some reason the ring on its back reminds me of something out of victory gundam.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:48   Link #19
sx3
0 Gundam

man.. you know whats like annoying me. this whole stargazer thisn is set to be like 15 minutse an episode. how the hell do you do much in 3 episodes with a time span of 45 minutes with 4 new gundams.

Stage 1 - July 14 to August 18
Stage 2 - August 18 to September 22
Stage 3 - September 22 to October 10

i dont really get that, if theres only 3 episodes how is stage 1, july 14 - 18, are they airing the same episode over and over and over? or are they gonna episodes or something -.-, if its only 45 minutes in this ova, we wont get to see enough gundam action and story development -.-
Old 2006-07-11, 22:53   Link #20
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

im banking on a 45 minute gunpla commercial, which is fine by me, as long as its action packed. (screw plot) I survived watching a show some people say a "50 episode gunpla commercail", after all...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote