AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 16:23   Link #81
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Old 2006-08-20, 01:30   Link #82
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
OMFG!, it still doesnt have weapons tho omg.. oh yeah i forgot to mention, did anyone see the Bio-Mechanical hand in the background of episode 2? apparently Stargazer might be a biomechanical mecha.
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 01:55   Link #83
Tak
Banned

^ Seeing how the Stargazer is an independent, unmanned exploration mecha prototype, it might not be all that surprising for its composition to be consisted of partially bilogical parts.

I have a feeling that the Stargazer might even be more advanced than the Freedom/Justice/Destiny... Whoa, this is getting interesting indeed.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 17:39   Link #84
sx3
0 Gundam

Does anyone else think stargazer is gonna kick butt or die horribley in the 3rd episode? Seeing as how it has a A.I, biological parts and at when it lit up its Wings of light or whatever, its eyes started to glow differently kinda? i think there are liek 1 of 2 possablities. 1 is taht stargazer destroys the whole EA crew on its own the whole, dont worry selene, ill be fine and it flys into battle on its own. either taht or somehow it sees sven is about to die or something and flys in the way and takes a shot for sven, than sven learns something since he doesnt have much care for human life anymore
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 18:25   Link #85
monster

How can Stargazer attack when it doesn't have any weapon? Or does it? Or can those light emission be used offensively?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 18:59   Link #86
Tak
Banned

Oh, you know... they will 'surprise' us with something...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 19:06   Link #87
monster

The best weapon for Stargazer and its AI to use would be either a virus that affects mobile suit computers or an energy draining system. That would be so awesome, especially if Stargazer can be fast enough in short distances (as opposed to deep space distance). Then it really doesn't need armaments except for the beam shield generators.
Old 2006-08-27, 22:26   Link #88
_X12A_Testament

Maybe if the Stargazer is moving at full speed, it becomes a weapon itself. Perhaps like a combination force field/ short range beam ( similar to Destiny's palm beam technology). Basically it could run you down and disintegrate you in the process.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 03:54   Link #89
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament
Maybe if the Stargazer is moving at full speed, it becomes a weapon itself. Perhaps like a combination force field/ short range beam ( similar to Destiny's palm beam technology). Basically it could run you down and disintegrate you in the process.
Yeah, something like Tekkaman Blade's Crush Interluder or something
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 04:20   Link #90
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
The best weapon for Stargazer and its AI to use would be either a virus that affects mobile suit computers
AKA Mirage Colloid Virus, first used on the Gel Finieto then on units like the Testament. Dunno if they'll integrate it in Stargazer since it's purely an Astray device.
Unless the rocket anchors the Strike Noir has behave like the N Dagger Ns' and act as I/O ports for remote hacking.

Quote:
or an energy draining system.
The only one featuring such a capability is the Gold Frame - an Astray MS. We have had no proof that the Sahakus exist in the anime...and it'd be lame to introduce Rondo Mina that late. Having her barge in (and why would she join EA since she's a freelance, Orb-faithful leader?) in Stage 03 would be worse than Gaia's unexplained appearance in Terminal's armory in GSD. The idea of draining the MS out of its energy makes sense for a hijacking attempt but so far we don't have any anime MS displaying that ability.

Quote:
That would be so awesome, especially if Stargazer can be fast enough in short distances (as opposed to deep space distance). Then it really doesn't need armaments except for the beam shield generators.
The only thing it can do is run, run, run and run. Unless it uses the beam shields like blades and smashes them into the EA MSes' cockpits like Canard Pars did with Hyperion Unit 02.

IMO DSSD is better off having its custom Astrays go attack (since it has its security team I guess it must have a minimum of weapons available - even if it's outdated KE (opposed to beam) rifles) the EA troops or use the Appolyon 1 laser on the incoming EA fleet (micro-GENESIS or micro-Requiem) while Stargazer makes a beeline for the nearest shelter or exit path available.

Quote:
We don't know what the solar sail is made of - so we don't know whether it can be used offensively or not. As for the speed thingy I don't know - right now it just looks impressive and according to the subs it uses solar wind to get around - making me wonder if what makes it so special is actually not its speed but well its max range. MSes can go as far as possible provided they have fuel in their tanks. Stargazer doesn't need fuel - it uses the solar wind (that scientist said that the Appolyon 1 laser would be used to mimick the solar wind, so I guess it does use the solar wind to propel itself through space) to go beyond conventional MSes' reach. So far the only thing I can envision is Stargazer moving farther than other MSes - but not necessarily faster unless it has a device that can accelerate the solar wind or increase the thrust on its sail.

Also, I do not think solar sail = lightwave screen = uber beam shield...so...

And I don't think it's really necessary to start drawing comparisons with V2 - this an entirely different universe.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 04:57   Link #91
edkwon
Banned

While the whole light/solar sail propulsion system is interesting, i think the real point of interest about the Stargazer MS is NOT the flashy flights on it, but the AI system. If this series was longer, i could easily see it going the route of Gundam Sentinel where the AI accumulates so much data that it achieves sentience, independent decision making and even the capacity for self sacrifice. It would be cool to see, and i think would be an animated first, to see a fully autonomous gundam unit WITHOUT a signature human pilot, take on an enemy that was a manned mecha.

Either that or save the life of its pilot by taking over its own functions in combat. Still being a testbed for a new propulsion system, i dont see this thing sporting weapons anytime soon, and with supposedly only one more ep thats 15 min long, i really dont know what kind of story they're going to be able to flesh out concerning the stargazer.

Ed
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 05:28   Link #92
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

The AI is still too...immature to actually be efficient in close combat or play Red Baron with EA Mobile Suits - I even doubt that Selene had the foresight or the incongruous idea to input inside the main computer's databanks that beam shots are lethal or wrote inside the OS a complete guide on how to evade space kidnappers, knowing that Stargazer is an exploration device. It's like programming those Mars wheeled probes to play Gran Turismo or NFS IV on the planet's surface. You can do it, but it's unlikely and seeing what it's made for, it's completely useless and looks stupid to the engineers' eyes.

Unless Sol Ryuune L'Ange is ordered to board the two-seater cockpit and slave the A.I. to his commands there is little hope on seeing the AI suddenly sprout Jackie Chan-like skills.

I especially don't expect Stargazer to start fighting EA head or dropkick Strike Noir in an attempt to save Selene from PP's clutches. As I said, the only thing I see Stargazer doing is run away or self-destruct itself to prevent EA from laying its hands on DSSD's technology. Who knows, it might pull an Athrun-Aegis on Sven or Shams and blow them to kingdom come. Now that would be quite ironic - someone that once loved stargazing being killed a mecha known as the Stargazer.

Old 2006-08-28, 05:34   Link #93
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Now that would be quite ironic - someone that once loved stargazing being killed a mecha known as the Stargazer.
Hmm...

You know the Stargazer having a cockpit is actually just to have (a) pilot(s) onboad during the fight against Sven and his Strike Noir, do you?

It's called marketing driven plotting..
The whole premise probably started out as a black vs. white suit battle, with bits to make it interesting in between.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 05:42   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkwon
While the whole light/solar sail propulsion system is interesting, i think the real point of interest about the Stargazer MS is NOT the flashy flights on it, but the AI system. If this series was longer, i could easily see it going the route of Gundam Sentinel where the AI accumulates so much data that it achieves sentience, independent decision making and even the capacity for self sacrifice. It would be cool to see, and i think would be an animated first, to see a fully autonomous gundam unit WITHOUT a signature human pilot, take on an enemy that was a manned mecha.

Either that or save the life of its pilot by taking over its own functions in combat.
Actually, that's not that great a scientific leap in the CE universe. They already have quantum computers, and the Astray Red Flame had an AI called "8", that could function as a perfectly adequate co-pilot.
(Although there was suggestions early on that "8" was a cross-over from the UC universe, that of 8 being the learning computer from the original RX-78-2 Gundam.)

Other quantum computers exist in CE, so it's not too much of a stretch. It would be ironic if Stargazer ended up defeating Phantom Pain by itself without anyone else getting involved; self-learning computers can be surprising, and surprisingly deadly in some cases.
I am not suggesting Stargazer can defeat Strike Noir in a clear fight; Just suggesting that if they leave themselves wide-open, assumed that Stargazer is harmless and a piece of cake to take down, then it could be the last mistake they've ever made.
Old 2006-08-28, 06:04   Link #95
Sides

Who knows, maybe there is a human brain hidden somewhere in that suit ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 07:59   Link #96
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Except that this is NOT Evangelion - Selene showed one of her colleagues the A.I.'s contents and it looked like an array of hard drives arranged next to each other in a circular fashion, not some sort of huge monolithic box containing brains from where wires and pipes of all colors erupt. This is not NGE's MAGI system.

Another possible ending for Stargazer is Selene dying but giving her last command: having Stargazer flee the premises using the Voiture Lumière and disappear into the confines of space, never to be seen ever again, with the last image being SG fading in the distance with Hoshi no Tobira as the BGM.

Old 2006-08-28, 09:19   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Except that this is NOT Evangelion - Selene showed one of her colleagues the A.I.'s contents and it looked like an array of hard drives arranged next to each other in a circular fashion, not some sort of huge monolithic box containing brains from where wires and pipes of all colors erupt. This is not NGE's MAGI system.

Another possible ending for Stargazer is Selene dying but giving her last command: having Stargazer flee the premises using the Voiture Lumière and disappear into the confines of space, never to be seen ever again, with the last image being SG fading in the distance with Hoshi no Tobira as the BGM.
As I mentioned, the quantum computers in CE is nothing like the gigantic things in Evangelion.

It's extremely unlikely, but I can't discount the possibility that the self-learning AI could act...surprisingly, in episode 3.
Old 2006-08-28, 11:37   Link #98
monster

Quote:
AKA Mirage Colloid Virus, first used on the Gel Finieto then on units like the Testament. Dunno if they'll integrate it in Stargazer since it's purely an Astray device.
Unless the rocket anchors the Strike Noir has behave like the N Dagger Ns' and act as I/O ports for remote hacking.

The only one featuring such a capability is the Gold Frame - an Astray MS. We have had no proof that the Sahakus exist in the anime...and it'd be lame to introduce Rondo Mina that late. Having her barge in (and why would she join EA since she's a freelance, Orb-faithful leader?) in Stage 03 would be worse than Gaia's unexplained appearance in Terminal's armory in GSD. The idea of draining the MS out of its energy makes sense for a hijacking attempt but so far we don't have any anime MS displaying that ability.
lol, who says anything about Mina joining EA? Anyways, I know they're from Astray, which is why it'd be perfect since they already exist in the CE universe. I just thought they would be reasonable weapons for the Stargazer to have if it were to engage in battle and still stick to having no (regular mobile suit) weapons. Since it is piloted (mainly) by an AI, why not have AI/computer-type weaponries? And since DSSD is supposed to be neutral, it's possible to have acquired technology from various sources.

Of course, this is just one of my random musings...
Quote:
The only thing it can do is run, run, run and run. Unless it uses the beam shields like blades and smashes them into the EA MSes' cockpits like Canard Pars did with Hyperion Unit 02.
But yeah, that's the only foreseeable option right now.
Old 2006-08-28, 12:17   Link #99
NeonZ

Quote:
Huh...? The MAGI system didn't actually use brains, it just had a shell which physically resembled giant human brains and tried to emulate the thought patterns of a human brain.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 13:30   Link #100
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
lol, who says anything about Mina joining EA? Anyways, I know they're from Astray, which is why it'd be perfect since they already exist in the CE universe.
Except that so far we didn't have any proof in the anime that she exists and that the staff deigned to at least acknowledge her existence in the tv shows - I know that her presence was implied to a faraway degree when in Destiny they starting delving in the whole royal families concept (without citing the Sahakus and such) and it's highly unlikely they'd introduce her or someone from her faction this late in the story...not to mention that, although the Astray fans will start fapping right then, it'd be a big plot device, which would definitively sour the story for me. I'm definitely rooting for the whole 'grab and drag' technique, even if it sounds crude.
Quote:
Huh...? The MAGI system didn't actually use brains, it just had a shell which physically resembled giant human brains and tried to emulate the thought patterns of a human brain.
Weren't they synthetic copies of Naoko Akagi, their creator? She also gifted the three nodes (Balthazaar, Casper and Melchior) with different aspects of her personalities (mother, scientist and woman) but I believe she replicated her brains to act as 'microchips' or data nexuses for the MAGI system.[/offtopic]

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-08-28 at 13:42.