AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-12, 10:33   Link #21
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Talking

Ep11[13]:

Kyon: "That was easy to understand for a Nagato explanation."
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 10:43   Link #22
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
When Kyon falls out of bed in Episode 14, and is clutching his had and kicking at the thought of such a dream (kissing haruhi):

"Freud would have a field day with this!"
__________________
Proud Convert of Kyonism founded by FatPianoBoy

Because we all know who's really in charge
The Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 11:00   Link #23
Furudanuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of denial
Age: 57
Oh lord, where to start!

"Normally, one would call an ambulance or ask for help from one of the nearby residents, but this particular boy decided to carry the unconscious, innocent girl... and where the hell are you taking her, bastard?" Kyon, episode 1

"I'm begging you. Establish the context before you start talking." Kyon, episode 3

"Kyon-kun. If I become ruined for marriage will you take me?" Mikuru, episode 3

"Kyon. The contest begins the second someone challenges you. Anything the loser says otherwise is merely an excuse." Haruhi, episode 11

"Don't worry. I won't let them." Yuki, episode 14
__________________
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 11:10   Link #24
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 94
Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeLegend
"He dress like a guy... So i assume he is." -Haruhi, on Itsuki's appearance somewhere in the first few episodes.
__________________
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 11:26   Link #25
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
More Kyon goodness!

From Episode#04 (The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya),

Kyon : Afterall, the fate of the world rests on my pitching. The world sure isn't worth much these days.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 11:27   Link #26
fishy_hylian
I'm ga-vomiting
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: England - UK
Age: 26
Kyon: Do I have to live in this gray world all alone with Haruhi?
Itsuki: Adam and Eve. If you reproduce enough, it'll work out?
Kyon: I'll smack you

Whenever I watch the scene I always have to laugh at it X)
fishy_hylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 12:16   Link #27
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Kyon in Mystťrique Sign:

"When you put it that way I can't say I don't get the feeling it doesn't or does it. But you can't say it wouldn't be difficult to assert that claim. Well then. How many negatives did I just string together?"

I bet it would be even more priceless in japanese version.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 13:27   Link #28
Driger
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Ring of Wonder
Age: 29
My rationality insisted on that. But humans were never a lifeform that relied only on reason to survive, maybe they needed a bit of what Nagato called "mixed-up data."
——Kyon

novel Vol.1 Chap.7

Last edited by Driger; 2006-07-12 at 13:44.
Driger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 13:30   Link #29
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
Another: From novel vol.1 chap.7

"Kyon, I'm hot!" -Haruhi

Really? So am I. -Kyon

Taken out of context I think that's really funny

Same chapter:

I had a dream where I fell into a surreal world with a girl I knew, and then ended up kissing her! A dream so easy to understand that even Sigmund Freud would laugh out loud. -Kyon
__________________
Proud Convert of Kyonism founded by FatPianoBoy

Because we all know who's really in charge

Last edited by The Silver Sky; 2006-07-12 at 15:28.
The Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 15:18   Link #30
Aiya Kasai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Sky
Another: From novel vol.1 chap.7

"Kyon, I'm hot!" -Haruhi

Really? So am I. -Kyon

Taken out of context I think that's really funn
That's a quote that tests whether someone is a perv or not...lol! Kinda like Penisland.com.

...no not penis land...pen island!
__________________
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 15:28   Link #31
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
That's a quote that tests whether someone is a perv or not...lol!
I failed.
__________________
Proud Convert of Kyonism founded by FatPianoBoy

Because we all know who's really in charge
The Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 19:36   Link #32
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
More Kyon quotable quotes:

Episode 9/14: "Her so-called great news always ends up being, epecially for Asashina-san and me, anything but."

Episode 1/11: "Leaving various mysteries and inconsistancies completely unaddressed the story has finally reached the midway point. Wait. It's only half over?"

Why should Kyon have all the fun...

Haruhi in 9/14: "Now, the obtacle has been dealt with. Now, Mikuru-chan, I want to take a few pictures. So how about you strike a pose?" After she got Kyon out of the way.

It's not really a quote, but I would nominate Haruhi's reaction as Kyon woke up at the end of this episode.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 20:55   Link #33
Shini_GamI
YuI
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
That's a quote that tests whether someone is a perv or not...lol! Kinda like Penisland.com.

...no not penis land...pen island!
i knew that
__________________
Currently watching: Negima!, Kanon, Death Note, Ouran Host Club, Lovely idol, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
My favourite anime: Fate Stay/Night

"I was sued after pressing two buttons on my keyboard."
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:51   Link #34
lana3007
stuck-up feminist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California, the supposedly sunny land
Age: 28
This series just has so many golden quote moments! I am having fun with this!

Haruhi: "Every school story has to have a maid character!"
Kyon: "What kind of school stories have you been reading?"
- First time Haruhi dresses up Asahina as a maid.

Kyon: "Could you say that again, except like a childhood friend pretending to be angry to hide her embarrassment."
- Responding to Haruhi when she wants to tell him about Asakura's dissapperence.
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:54   Link #35
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lana3007
Kyon: "Could you say that again, except like a childhood friend pretending to be angry to hide her embarrassment."
- Responding to Haruhi when she wants to tell him about Asakura's dissapperence.
I remember that one! It was golden!
__________________
Proud Convert of Kyonism founded by FatPianoBoy

Because we all know who's really in charge
The Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:56   Link #36
Animexcel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
hmmm..it was along the lines of...

"I'll back off for now. Next time I won't hesitate to destroy you. Take this time to make your tombstone..."

Yuki Nagato
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 23:07   Link #37
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Ep14

"Don't worry, I won't let them."

-Yuki Nagato to Kyon when Kyon asked if those interfaces would attack him like Asakura did.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 23:10   Link #38
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Because no one else did:

"Mi - Mi... Mikuru Biiimu!!" - Mikuru
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 23:11   Link #39
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel
hmmm..it was along the lines of...

"I'll back off for now. Next time I won't hesitate to destroy you. Take this time to make your tombstone..."

Yuki Nagato
I believe that was Asakura (can't spell names worth crap) who said that as she was being deleted.
__________________
Proud Convert of Kyonism founded by FatPianoBoy

Because we all know who's really in charge
The Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 23:13   Link #40
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
"Unique"
Yuki, about her book.

"Which one is the beach ball?" Copyright Kyon.



After that, there's a few lines I love not because they're funny, but because the actors get it so right.
For instance "Jaa, soko yamete." (Ok, quit there) Haruhi, answering Mikuru, when she says she has other club activities.
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net

Last edited by raphaŽl; 2006-07-14 at 10:14.
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.