AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-08-10, 10:47   Link #101
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hmm.... well I think liked i all my life really. You know, I got in to all the kid's anime (Pokem, Yu-Gi-Oh! etc). Well, I KNEW about it, but I wasn't that bothered. Then.... dun dun duuuun.... I watched Elfen Lied, which made me realize how amazing anime is. That's about a year ago now. Maybe more.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 12:32   Link #102
Miku
*//~~\\*

Send a message via AIM to Miku Send a message via MSN to Miku
Well, I guess technically my first anime was Pokemon when I was in kindergarten. xD I didn't really know it was anime, it was just some cartoon on TV that I got obsessed with. In fourth grade I ended up adding Yu-Gi-Oh to that since my friend told me it was good. After that I kinda stopped for a while. Then, in 6th grade, my best friend had me play Kingdom Hearts. That started my whole Japanese obsession. I had yet to start watching anime because I just didn't know what to watch. Then one of my best online friends forced me to watch Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and since then, I've been hooked on anime and manga. x3

Kinda weird that I started watching anime/reading manga because I got obsessed with a video game. o__O
Miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:54   Link #103
dasving
crazy man

i start woching anime when i was 5 years old.
every mourning i watching transformers, it was my fierst anime.
then was seilor moon and speed race.
uh!... it was good time!!
dasving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 09:09   Link #104
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love

Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
I was four. My mom bought me Kiki's Delivery Service, because it looked cute.(I still have the old VHS cover. I wouldn't give it up. I don't even have the new DVD one, but I have the DVD of it on my Collection, and when I get the Ghibli box set. He he he..)

I watched TV. Sure, I liked the popular titles like Pokemon, Digimon, and Sailor Moon. But Pokemon grew to bore me, I still watch Digimon sometimes*seen, like, all of it, creepy..*and I should buy the old VHS's of Sailor Moon before they throw them out at the video store..oops.

And I still didn't know what anime was.

In Kindergarten, we had a woman from Japan with us an entire year. So, I grew to like Japan. Her name was Megumi.^^ So that's why I like Japan.

Then, when I was 9/10, I found out of two more VHS's of movies made by the people who made Kiki.(Mind, I didn't know Japanese names very well. XD I kept reading the covers, because I knew they weren't from the USA. Then I watched that movie..lol) I pretty well chained myself to my Kiki video, till they bought me Laputa:Castle in the Sky*fave movie* and Spirited Away. I was happy.

Then I watched Laputa with my younger cuz, Paige. She'd just been to Ontario with her anime loving aunt and uncle, my cousins, to see Howl's Moving Castle.(She also knew some Japanese because of Kaoru..) She told me what I was watching was from Japan. So, she told me what anime was.

I also watched CCS when I was younger. I'd act like Sakura. It's was my fave. Any unique style on TV I liked, except Inu Yasha. (still don't. Then I realized all the neato shows were Japanese.)

And so, it continues, and now my sister is addicted. Sweet.
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 11:24   Link #105
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

I started watching anime in 1994 when Sailor Moon and the original Dragon Ball Z caught my eye. Ever since, I was drawn to the art and the expressions of the characters. I, especially, appreciate that there is a storyline in most animes that follow through to each episode. Unlike many of our American Cartoons where the plot and the characters seem to change/vary from time to time.

Another interesting factoid that most probably have noticed is that in animes, the characters change clothing. Not all characters, except when they are uniform, where the same clothing over-and-over again. With American cartoons, the characters, in general, wear the same clothing for each episode.

So, to put it into perspective, I got into anime because of:

- The artwork;
- The storyline;
- The entertaining characters; and
- The amazing OP/CL songs. *coughs "Megumi Hayashibara"*
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 19:04   Link #106
Gundam Zero Force

Oh I honstly can't remember the exact time I got into Anime. It was like 8-10 years ago . . . I think the first Anime I saw was Sailor moon then DBZ. But a few years later on Toonami during Christmas they had this Gundam Wing Endless waltz movie on . .well after that I've been a huge anime fan and also a huge Gundam fan.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 19:12   Link #107
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I can't imagine a time where I did not watch anime. Ever since I remember I have been watching Yusha series and other animes. Those were the days going home right after school just to watch Yusha show in time.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:21   Link #108
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I can't imagine a time where I did not watch anime. Ever since I remember I have been watching Yusha series and other animes. Those were the days going home right after school just to watch Yusha show in time.
oh I know what you mean! The best part of a school day was going home to watch anime Now I can watch it whenever though lol
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 13:17   Link #109
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Aww you make me jealous. Such a shame I never have anime broadcasted on my TV. Well maybe I do... just don't have the channels. Heh.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 18:34   Link #110
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
eh, i found out about Elfen Lied and Neon Genesis Evangelion, watched them and liked them. Then i found out about Naruto, and that's when i got interested in anime.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:52   Link #111
Maikuness
I is TeH MaiKunesS!1!

Like many of you, I started by watching Dragonballz and Samurai pizza cats with my older brothers. I always hung around my brothers and their friends and being the youngest, I was always refeffered to as "Corey's kid brother" or "Robbies annoying shadow." So at the begging of middle school, which was about 6 years ago, 2001, I forced myself to watch the adult swim animes so I could hang out with the anime kids at my school. Eventually I couldn't sleep at night without watching inuyasha first, and here I am today...
Maikuness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 03:13   Link #112
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
My mom would always make sure the tv was on so when I got home rounin warriors would be on when I got home from school back when I was like 5/6 I also would watch dragon ball, sailor moon, and the original transformers.
Then in jr high toonami had outlaw star, gundam wing, and tenchi muyo. Outlaw Star turned me into a true anime freak. Then that summer I was bored, and got introduced to anime suki, along with a bunch of other shows liek FMP, Naruto, Chobits, etc etc, and I've been downloading anime non-stop ever since. I think over the years I've burned over 200cds of backups, at least 10 dvds of backups (most of these backups have been lost and or don't work) and now my 2 120gig drives combined, only have 20 gigs of space left (next paycheck, a 320gig is going in hopefully ^^)

So really, I've been into anime since I was 5 ^^.

My mom showed me a diary she shared with her friends in highschool, one of her friends drew the RX-78, from the first series, when it ORIGINALLY AIRED. She said he used to keep a bunch of manga in her lockers and one day they were taken or something like that. I guess I take after my mom. (in highschool I always had anywhere from 5-10 manga's in my locker) Too bad I didn't inherit her drawing abilities T_T
I got her driving ability though (she "accidentally" drifted around a 35kph corner at well over 60kph when she was with a friend driving his car in japan) Her friend said she could become a race driver because of her "natural instincts" lolz

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 17:16   Link #113
Aznbanana

o_o hmm lets see. Dragon ball when i was 5. Then Pokemon, then Digimon, then CCS. after that i started to really get into it with Inuyasha when i found out i could watch it online. Prob was, it never ended -_- so i started to hate it. And then i started torrenting like mad and watched other anime. But then i stopped for a few years cuz dial up sucks
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 17:23   Link #114
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
My mom would always make sure the tv was on so when I got home rounin warriors would be on when I got home from school back when I was like 5/6 I also would watch dragon ball, sailor moon, and the original transformers.
Then in jr high toonami had outlaw star, gundam wing, and tenchi muyo. Outlaw Star turned me into a true anime freak. Then that summer I was bored, and got introduced to anime suki, along with a bunch of other shows liek FMP, Naruto, Chobits, etc etc, and I've been downloading anime non-stop ever since. I think over the years I've burned over 200cds of backups, at least 10 dvds of backups (most of these backups have been lost and or don't work) and now my 2 120gig drives combined, only have 20 gigs of space left (next paycheck, a 320gig is going in hopefully ^^)

So really, I've been into anime since I was 5 ^^.

My mom showed me a diary she shared with her friends in highschool, one of her friends drew the RX-78, from the first series, when it ORIGINALLY AIRED. She said he used to keep a bunch of manga in her lockers and one day they were taken or something like that. I guess I take after my mom. (in highschool I always had anywhere from 5-10 manga's in my locker) Too bad I didn't inherit her drawing abilities T_T
I got her driving ability though (she "accidentally" drifted around a 35kph corner at well over 60kph when she was with a friend driving his car in japan) Her friend said she could become a race driver because of her "natural instincts" lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
o_o hmm lets see. Dragon ball when i was 5. Then Pokemon, then Digimon, then CCS. after that i started to really get into it with Inuyasha when i found out i could watch it online. Prob was, it never ended -_- so i started to hate it. And then i started torrenting like mad and watched other anime. But then i stopped for a few years cuz dial up sucks
That's the idea - start 'em young. All of you with kids, get them hooked young!
Old 2007-08-13, 18:24   Link #115
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Few years ago at another forum I'm active on watched Naruto and I always teased them just for fun and even made an anti naruto sig which was funny so one day I decided to watch and see why everyone likes it...I became a fan and got into other anime series as well...thats how it happened.
Old 2007-08-13, 19:06   Link #116
Nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
That's the idea - start 'em young. All of you with kids, get them hooked young!
It helps when your MOM watched/watches anime as well. My mom watched Castle in the Sky and Nausicca of the valley of the wind in the thearters, and had my relatives send Totoro one time when it came out on VHS in japan (I dunno where it is ^^)
I dunno what shows she used to watch though. I think...oh, she watched Lupin I believe, or at least, remembers when it aired haha.

Hell, before I got into anime, when I was in 6th grade she was watching Princess Mononoke on HBO I think, and I watched most of it with her lolz.

もいちど。。。
Old 2007-08-13, 21:07   Link #117
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
It helps when your MOM watched/watches anime as well. My mom watched Castle in the Sky and Nausicca of the valley of the wind in the thearters, and had my relatives send Totoro one time when it came out on VHS in japan (I dunno where it is ^^)
I dunno what shows she used to watch though. I think...oh, she watched Lupin I believe, or at least, remembers when it aired haha.

Hell, before I got into anime, when I was in 6th grade she was watching Princess Mononoke on HBO I think, and I watched most of it with her lolz.
I have been trying to get my mom into it. She will sit down and watch some of it with me. My dad, however, detests anime.
Old 2007-08-13, 22:57   Link #118
Nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
I have been trying to get my mom into it. She will sit down and watch some of it with me. My dad, however, detests anime.
My mom finished watching Nana, 2 days before me o_O

もいちど。。。
Old 2007-08-15, 15:18   Link #119
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 21:03.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 05:52   Link #120
Mr.Kurosaki
[Bankai]

When I saw DBZ at the age of 5 I've said wow... It rocks

soon as time goes on many anime shows had been arived in our country and I've been hook to all of it...