AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 03:58   Link #1
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

What are the chances of F-91 being re-animated?

I think it would be perfect to hold out on a new Gundam series and re-animate F-91 into a full 50 episode series exploring more or F-91 elements and timeline, the movie was short and left many things unexplained...
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 05:37   Link #2
tetsuo69

the movie was one of the worst movies ive ever seen, so i wouldnt like it being re-animated.
Old 2006-07-14, 05:47   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
the movie was one of the worst movies ive ever seen, so i wouldnt like it being re-animated.
You're missing the point that Syn13 is making. If F-91 were made into a full 50 episode series, not reanimated into the same 2-hour length. Thus it would be better than the 2-hour movie was. F-91 was originally going to be 50-episodes after all.

What they did about the story and plot stuff that they didn't show in F-91 due to its change from 50-episode series to 2-hour movie, was done and accomplished in the Crossbone Gundam manga.

I guess it's possible that they could re-animate F-91 into a full 50-episode series, but I wouldn't put much faith into the possibility at all, especially after all this time. And the Crossbone Gundam manga did a great job of wrapping up everything they wanted to in the was-to-be F-91 series anyway, so there'd be no real need, unless Crossbone Gundam suddenly gets a huge boost in popularity someitme soon. And then all they'd probably do is just animate Crossbone Gundam. (which is a very, very nice-sounding idea )
Old 2006-07-14, 05:54   Link #4
monster

Yeah, it was my least favorite of gundam shows. So I wouldn't care for it being reanimated, although I might like it better if it was "retold". But then again, I'd rather they move on with gundam then going back to redo an old show.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 09:14   Link #5
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Arr...I think it's almost zero
Old 2006-07-14, 11:31   Link #6
maohayato
Evil God

crossbone gundam gets my vote. it deserves to get animated.
maohayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 17:28   Link #7
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Whatever...The action in F-91 is fierce and realistic...You can feel the peril of what's happening...I love all the natural movements of the Gundam and the culture clash of the environments...A 50 ep series could definatley flesh out this story that has some vastly different characters than most G-series...The whole Crossbone faction and aspect of their fighters is extremely interesting, but with all that said not enuff pretty-looking J-pop characters with mad ownage to make Bandai look for the diamond in this piece of coal unfortunatley...
Old 2006-07-14, 17:41   Link #8
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well i guess it would nice if f91 got re-animated as a series and crossbone got animated as well.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 20:17   Link #9
DropDeadEd
Who knew?

Send a message via AIM to DropDeadEd Send a message via MSN to DropDeadEd
Slim to none. Though, I wish they would consider an off-shoot series to this.
DropDeadEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:46   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

If F91 were actually worth being animated into a TV series, they would have done it back in 1991 instead of making the movie.

So there is a 0% chance. Not just "almost zero". Zero. Nil.
Old 2006-07-14, 23:40   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
If F91 were actually worth being animated into a TV series, they would have done it back in 1991 instead of making the movie.
Uh I'd say that's a matter of opinion...Bandai wanting Tomino to change $hit and him not complying is a far cry from it not "worth being animated into a TV series"...If anything the movie proves that it was worth more than being a movie (Since it seems quite disjointed and better suited for a series to flesh out characters particularily)...But I do agree it hasn't a chance in hell of being re-done...
Old 2006-07-15, 00:47   Link #12
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by maohayato
crossbone gundam gets my vote. it deserves to get animated.
i would also like to see this
Old 2006-07-15, 01:23   Link #13
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'd love for F91 to be an actual series rather than the cramped movie it turned into. Give more time for character development instead of seeing a person one minute...then that person being absent for 40 minutes...then reappearing and being either totally different (a defecting Annamarie) or their old self again (Cecily..mostly) and also different kinds of battles instead of the usual Federation-gets-their-asses-handed-to-them-for-being-lazy battles that seem to take place most of the time.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 11:37   Link #14
nightbringer360

Apparently, the reason that F-91 was turned into a movie was that there were disagreements between Tomino and the staff about the script, not to mention Bandai's disagreement with Tomino about whoring stuff.

That said, I could see how they could redo F-91, and at the same time, integrate Crossbone Gundam into the story as well - maybe some sort of time-jump a la Blood+, but that would be something new for a 50 ep Gundam series - it usually took place over the space of one year.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 12:29   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

there is no point in redoing F91. the story was mediocre at best and there really isnt any content that would be good to see redone. now they could release the crossbones story into anime from the manga, that would be worth it.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 22:53   Link #16
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I always wondered what made Crossbone so successful? Was it the Pirate based MS(X-1 - 3) and the Mother Vanguard, the newer characters, or the story which IMO is near similar to every other Gundam series. I've only read 2 chapters and thats what I got from it.

I love Crossbone as much as other members here but I think F91 is just as good.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 05:38   Link #17
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

It won't happen. The way Bandai is going, it's more that old TV series (like the previously shown Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movies) are getting the conversion instead of the other way around.

The plan with F91 was originally to be a TV series, but as the problem is, you can't compact a series onto a 90 minute movie and not lose something. Char's Counterattack worked because it had all of the previous Gundam series to work on. It was basically made for the series' fans. F91 didn't have that advantage. Which is a waste because it had a bit of potential, just that it was never realized--a movie can never be able to crowd in the whole thing.

Personally, I'd love it to death, but it's never going to happen. Ever.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 05:57   Link #18
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
hm it's just my opinion, but isn't a bit ... strange that all the talking about the next UC show (which was mentioned by a bandai staff member, in gunota headlines a couple of months ago) and now the release of MG gundam f91 and the next MG Crossbone Gundam X1 Kai .... it's a bit suspicious, at least for me ...
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 06:05   Link #19
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, Dengeki Hobby Magazine (which serializes the photo-novel versions of Advance of Zeta) has been, for the past few months, been working on some of the older F-series 1/100 scale mecha and effectively converting them to MG-level detail. That and they've been mentioning quite a bit about "Formula Project".

Although I don't think that F91 will be remade, a new F-series would be great. It was that period when UC MS were smaller, faster, and more able than previously seen (this in the days befor ethe Alternate Gundam universes).

I'd personally love to see it.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 06:30   Link #20
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
well, a new series Kidou Senshi Crossbone Gundam would be great, maybe the sentinel too, but i preffer the crossbone series >_>
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote