AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 21:35   Link #101
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Been playing for a few days.

Took me about 2.25 hours for Spy Milestone 3, 2.5 hours for Sniper Milestone 3, 4 hours for Heavy Milestone 3 and 6.75 hours for Pyro Milestone 3. Medic and Engineer are at Milestone 2, Soldier at Milestone 1. Scout, Demoman and Soldier will be very slow going. Medic, Pyro and Engineer would be my best 3 classes.

The way I got Sniper Milestone 3 was just bizzare. Headshotted a Medic pushing the cart to the second point on the first part of Goldrush, as in close to the point, then Uberectomy comes up. A medic that had an Ubercharge didn't wait for a Heavy or Pyro and tried to push the cart when there was plenty of time left....

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-06-30 at 01:08.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 02:16   Link #102
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Been playing it and realised that everyone puts the turrets in our intel room during CTF. So I decided to wing it and put it in the ENEMY intel room instead.

Got the 10 sentry kills achievement in my first game. Lateral thinking rocks.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 02:49   Link #103
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Been playing it and realised that everyone puts the turrets in our intel room during CTF. So I decided to wing it and put it in the ENEMY intel room instead.

Got the 10 sentry kills achievement in my first game. Lateral thinking rocks.
It's been done before, but it's not done often considering how hard it is to slip behind enemy lines with an Engineer.

I'm guessing the map was 2fort correct?

Of course all it takes is a Spy or an ubercharge to wipe out a sentry like that so I'm surprised noone thought of it sooner.
Old 2011-06-30, 03:05   Link #104
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's been done before, but it's not done often considering how hard it is to slip behind enemy lines with an Engineer.

Of course all it takes is a Spy or an ubercharge to wipe out a sentry like that so I'm surprised noone thought of it sooner.
It's not so good when you try to do it solo though... (and especially if you have bad teammates, but that tends to happen on 2Fort servers)

"The world is full of obvious things which
nobody by any chance ever observes."
-
Sherlock Holmes

"Make sure you do a good job with your life's
footprint."
- Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 05:00   Link #105
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

No Turbine. Took the intel, camped there beside my turret and dispenser at the corner facing the intel pedestal until I died.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-30, 05:11   Link #106
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
From what I've seen, heard and experienced, the TF2 community is about as elitist as the average MMO raidguild: The moment you join, you need to be an expert at everything you do and any slip-up leads to more trouble than it's worth (also, everything Valve does ruins the game forever).

But just as MMO's are all about finding the right guild, TF2 is all about finding the right server. Even with 90% of the servers being full of elite jerks there's still that 10% with people who still know the meaning of fun play.
I've played TF2 for years and it's nowhere as bad as any other fps/mmo game. People will complain though if your a shit engineer, no tele's or sentries= pissed off team. Socom now that's an elitist game, they'll quick if you suck at anything. TF2 is pretty laid back compared to other games. Just one of many reasons I love this game.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 05:17   Link #107
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This game gets fun with every play. The game concept makes it so fun to kill people.

Old 2011-06-30, 08:23   Link #108
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

After playing a few games last night I'm convinced the new spy knife (Your Eternal Reward) is the ultimate troll weapon.

No kill sound, the body disappears almost instantly and the spy disguises instantly as the person he killed without the tell tail puff of smoke or even a kill marker.

Picked up a few crates as well but I'm not likely to ever to buy a key for them anytime soon so its a shame I cant just trade or give it away =/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:48   Link #109
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Single life stats:

My best point life is 50 as Engineer on Dustbowl. Had a bizzare 42 with Heavy on Barnblitz and 32 with Medic on Badwater where the other team simply didn't attack AT ALL and I just pushed the cart from start to finish... O_O

Most kills is 15 as Heavy when I had an awesome medic on Goldrush. Next best are 11 with Engineer by grouping with 3 other Engineers on the final level of Dustbowl and 9 with Demoman by being a sticky wall spammer on Hoodoo.

Most assists is 20 as Medic. Healed a Demoman for a whole level of Hoodoo. Neither of us died. I gave him 3 invulnerabilities and for 5 minutes he just went uttterly ballistic. The guy was a godsend - he'd allow me to curve to hide from range and if I got attacked he'd back off immediately so I could get med packs to heal. Whenever I ubered, he'd back off at 25% so we'd live. Wish more people were like that. I reckon he racked up at least 25 kills and 5 destructions along with a few assists, so he would have probably gotten around 40 for his efforts.

Most captures is 21 as Heavy. I.e. That bizarre 42 point life on Barnblitz.

Most Engineer teleports is 80. (This is legit - Happened over 6 minutes at the last point of Badwater - was only Engineer and everyone spammed that teleport)

Most sentry kills is 12 (Reached 10+ 3 times).

Most Medic ubers is 5.

Most Sniper headshots is 6 (Whenever I get on a Sniper roll, someone ALWAYS goes Spy or Sniper to get me back...grr..) Goldrush is quite Sniper friendly.

Most Spy backstabs is 6 (Managed that 3 times). I like picking off people grouping around a control point or tunnel turn - start with the Medics and just go for it. Although smart Pyros will just Spy check non-stop, so it's flukey. But Goldrush creates nice cluster points.

Most defenses is 5 as Pyro.

Most destructions is 5 as Pyro. I have real trouble finding Medics that know when to uber properly...

Most dominations is 3 as Medic. Finding a smart Heavy makes for good times. I.e. The ones that aim properly and shield their Medic.

I'm not having good luck with random rewards. 4 Soldier items in a row and I've doubled up on Heavy, Engineer and Spy items...Really wish I could get something like Eyelander or Tomislav. Cracked open a couple of Mann. Co. crates in order to get proper account privilges. 2nd crate contained a super rare/purple quality Medic hat, Unusual Otolaryingologists Mirror. Has a nice glow effect. Bit after that, finally got Engineer Milestone 3, took 8.75 hours to do. Once I get Medic Milestone 3 I think I'll cool it on achieves. Scout achieves look utterly ridiculous, Demoman and Soldier look darn flukey.

P.S. If anyone plays on Aussie serves, friend me as Last Sinner.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-06-30 at 13:42.
Old 2011-06-30, 16:28   Link #110
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Cracked open a couple of Mann. Co. crates in order to get proper account privilges. 2nd crate contained a super rare/purple quality Medic hat, Unusual Otolaryingologists Mirror. Has a nice glow effect.
Oh wow, nice find!

One thing I'm wondering, concerning the unusual hats in crates, is when you get one, is there a chance for it to be any hat in the game at all in any crate? Or are there specific unusuals you can get per crate series? I haven't seen anything on it yet, but I assume it's the former.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 16:49   Link #111
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
One thing I'm wondering, concerning the unusual hats in crates, is when you get one, is there a chance for it to be any hat in the game at all in any crate? Or are there specific unusuals you can get per crate series? I haven't seen anything on it yet, but I assume it's the former.
Unusual hats are already rare enough as it is, as there's only a 1% chance of finding one inside a crate, so I don't think the kinds of unusual hats you receive depend on the crate series you're opening.

Speaking of crates, in the most recent patch Valve put in a unique one called the Refreshing Summer Cooler:

Apparently there's no way to open them yet as normal keys won't work and they will all disappear on July 11th.

Perhaps some limited-time items are inside?
Old 2011-06-30, 17:58   Link #112
spikexp

Quote:
It's easier than this when there is a teleporter inside. 5-6 engineer go build in the intel and take care of the sentry

And going in the intel room is easy, just wait for a good heavy uber to occupy the spawn and go build the teleporter on the far side of the room (where dead camera can't see).
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 19:12   Link #113
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

In somewhat related news...
Valve are having a massive sale in time for summer (in the Northern Hemisphere).
Not just that, they are also having some sort of summer event, in a similar fashion to the Treasure Hunt last year...
This time, by performing certain tasks, you earn tickets, which you can redeem at the prize booth, one of the items up for grabs is a pair of summer-themed glasses (which will be "Available soon", and all items are worth 3 tickets).
And whilst there are currently no known methods to open the Refreshing Summer Cooler, it will probably be the similar to the special crates in the Australian Christmas update (Festive Winter Crate), which required a special key (which may or may not require real world money).

-
Sherlock Holmes

footprint."
- Kanna Makino
Old 2011-06-30, 19:31   Link #114
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I picked up one of those cooler's earlier as well as the spys "big earner" knife.

Never seem to pick up anything for the classes I use though. =[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 20:40   Link #115
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

@ Drake, I love that dagger. Although I don't play a spy all that much.

@ Last Sinner, cool.. heh, looked at my scores most of my highs are done as a Medic lol. 36 points, 14 Assists, 8 Captures, 3 Defends, 2 Dominations, 9 Ubers and 12,581 Health in one life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
P.S. If anyone plays on Aussie serves, friend me as Last Sinner.
I tried to add you but it said you didn't exist!

Had a hilarious few matches last night on one of the Internode servers. It was one of the payload maps, I forget the name sadly. It's the one that goes straight into a concrete/rock tunnel at the start. Anyways, Out team went with 50:50 medics to heavies. We all primed Ubers before the start of the round so when the gate went up we all piled onto the cart like a bunch of uni students at an open bar. Then the heavies spun up and there was enough lead in the air to kill you from simple exposure let alone actually getting hit. Between the cart heals the half a dozen medic's healing, the nigh constant stream of Ubers I don't think I've ever seen a round won so fast on that map. The cart literally did not stop moving at full pace the entire way. I just don't think the other team was prepared for it and once we cracked their initial defence it was all down hill for them. They tried the usual defence points with Engie turrets, Pyros with Ubers, even snipers from long range. They just couldn't keep up with the heavies who didn't stop holding down the trigger from the start to the end. When it was our turn to defend, we pretty much used the same strat in reverse, but with a few demo men added in. The cart didn't make it to the tunnel entrance. Then the teams got scrambled, and it was a bit more even. Still won though.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-06-30 at 21:07.
Mr Hat and Clogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 23:27   Link #116
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Oh, it's Last_Sinner on steam. Forgot the underscore, bonk.

And I've already got people spamming me with trades for that super-rare Medic hat...*sigh*

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-07-01 at 00:01.
Old 2011-07-01, 03:03   Link #117
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I bought this game roughly 2 months ago and I love it. I've played around 100+ hours, and it's still not old.

My single life stats:

Most points: 76 (Engineer) <----- Camp ftw.
Most Kills: 35 (Sniper) <----- See above.
Most Kills by Sentry: 57 (Engineer) <----- See above (again)
Most Assists: 85 (Medic) <----- If your patient is gonna die, just bail. Cowardice as Medic helps your team more overall (more ubers).
Most Captures: 11 (Engineer) <----- Just goes to show you that I play Engie WAY too much...
Most Defenses: 8 (Soldier) <----- Rocket spam ftw.
Most Damage: 7436 (Demoman) <----- Sticky spam ftw.
Most Destruction: 12 (Spy) <----- Sapper spam.... you get the idea.
Most Dominations: 14 (Medic) <----- Lol. Just... lol.
Most Revenges: 3 (Sniper) <----- I get owned a lot while playing sniper... by Pyros, of all things.
Most Ubercharges: 7 (Medic) <----- Cowardice works. Really, I'm not joking.
Longest Life: 24:56 (Engineer) <----- Got my tent and my s'mores and everything.
Most Backstabs: 24 (Spy) <----- Your Eternal Reward is so overpowered, lol. Helps when they don't spy check, too.
Most Buildings Built: 44 (Engineer) <----- Same as Medic. Bail if you're outmatched. You can always build more.
Most Headshots: 24 (Sniper) <----- Heavies = huge head hitbox. Also, shoot allies in the head. 10% of the time, it'll be a Spy.
Most Health Healed: 8914 (Medic) <----- So darn close to that achievement, yet so very far away...
Most Health Leached: 137 (Spy) <----- Still amazes me when Engies don't Spy check EVERYONE.
Most Teleports: 81 (Engineer) <----- Sacrifice distance to battle for safety. A really short hidden teleport is better than a long teleport that gets destroyed every 30 seconds.

Needless to say, my favorite classes are Engie, Sniper, and Medic. I'm no slouch at the other classes, but I like the support (teamwork-oriented) classes the best, as I'm always healing the group, building sentries at choke points, or spamming throwing Jarate. I'm really pumped about the new Medic update. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get the new Medic gun soon.

My IGN is FoolMetalJacket. Add me! I always accept friend requests.

Edit: Here's a screenie to show you guys that I'm not pulling your leg:
Spoiler for Size:

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2011-07-01 at 03:08. Reason: Posting some proof to affirm that I'm not BSing my stats.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 03:37   Link #118
ZODDGUTS

Best way to troll as a spy is to find the enemies exit tele, stay behind it and just camp there backstabbing people. Enjoy there comments.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 04:03   Link #119
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Best way to troll as a spy is to find the enemies exit tele, stay behind it and just camp there backstabbing people. Enjoy there comments.
What's even funnier is when you taunt kill them at the teleporter.... the raging is priceless.

Then they all switch to Pyro and spend all their time trying to hunt you down.
Old 2011-07-01, 05:10   Link #120
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
What's even funnier is when you taunt kill them at the teleporter.... the raging is priceless.

Then they all switch to Pyro and spend all their time trying to hunt you down.
Whilst not exactly the same, this little topic reminds of the winner of Most Inventive Kill in the Saxxy Awards:

-
Sherlock Holmes

footprint."
- Kanna Makino