AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 12:45   Link #61
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It also seems that we aren't really going along with the thread title.
Animal - a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
I found that this definition seem to best describe our thread so there ya go.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 13:03   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Bears being a threat to America? I'd say America is threatening bears instead.
never watched the Colbert Report have you? since it's on Comedy Central, shouldn't really take it seriously...

if anything, it's Fire Ants since they don't belong and are much less from this continent

Dictionary.com ooooo

Animal:

1. A multicellular organism of the kingdom Animalia, differing from plants in certain typical characteristics such as capacity for locomotion, nonphotosynthetic metabolism, pronounced response to stimuli, restricted growth, and fixed bodily structure.
2. An animal organism other than a human, especially a mammal.
3. A person who behaves in a bestial or brutish manner.
4. A human considered with respect to his or her physical, as opposed to spiritual, nature.
5. A person having a specified aptitude or set of interests: “that rarest of musical animals, an instrumentalist who is as comfortable on a podium with a stick as he is playing his instrument” (Lon Tuck).
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 15:05   Link #63
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Which cockroaches are you people talking about:
1 2
3 4

I find the first one creepier than the last one.

Something I hate more than flies:
Centipedes

They're everywhere. I find it very disturbing that they can grow to this size:
Big Centipede eating a mouse

Number #1 ofcourse...What's up with you people never seeing a domestic cockroach?? The rest are roaches from other continents...An ewwwww must you post these pics without spoiler tabs??

offtopic: I tried to PM you cause I wanted you to make me an animated name-gif for a sig I had like you did before for me, but your PM is disabled...
Old 2006-07-19, 15:20   Link #64
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Number #1 ofcourse...What's up with you people never seeing a domestic cockroach?? The rest are roaches from other continents...
Maybe they just don't have roaches in their region? Where I used to live, there were a lot of #1s, but where I currently am, there's almost none.

Quote:
An ewwwww must you post these pics without spoiler tabs??
It's funnier this way.

Quote:
offtopic: I tried to PM you cause I wanted you to make me an animated name-gif for a sig I had like you did before for me, but your PM is disabled...
I only enable when I want to PM someone. I got sick of people PMing me about my sig\avy\wallpaper.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 15:35   Link #65
Ending

Come to think of it, isn't this thread disgustingly racistic? I mean: we are bashing kittens, dogs, bears, creepy things, and many other animals simply because of their natural habits or look. Why no one has reported this to the mods yet?

@ wingdarkness

First time seeing them in actual size. No wonder people hate those things buzzing in their closets. Sure hope you stamped on it firmly enough after the pic.

Anyway, I now remembered one, pretty common animal that should be wiped out from places it does not belong to. It does not only spread diseases, but also threatens the habitats of several species and spread like flies. I mean 'rats', of course. Cochroaches are dumb, so they can be pretty easily removed with poisons and such, but rats have half the brain to tail for it when they see your feet landing.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 17:28   Link #66
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Number #1 ofcourse...What's up with you people never seeing a domestic cockroach?? The rest are roaches from other continents...An ewwwww must you post these pics without spoiler tabs??
Yeah, Number 1 it is, the other I have only seen in movies
Old 2006-07-20, 03:23   Link #67
Lost

Quote:
Something I hate more than flies:
Centipedes

Somehow I'm not as afraid of the big kinds as I am of the small kinds (i.e. #1); because generally big kinds = slower, easier to spot and avoid. I still dislike them tho.

I think that centipede in the vid is obviously house-rared.. and that looks like a lab mouse. So I doubt we'll be seeing it on the streets (unless of course it escapes to the street, before which I hope it eats its owner); maybe only somewhere deep in the Amazon.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 05:40   Link #68
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
We should put that man recording the video in a room with an Anaconda, and let him experience what the mouse had experienced. Saving the man in the middle of the recording is optional. And as a bonus feature, attractions, such as fire and moving weapons can be used to lead the man towards the Anaconda.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:11   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

friggin crap that's a huge centipede O_O I've seen them in pictures, but not referenced in actual size
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:41   Link #70
CLAMPshinobi

Send a message via AIM to CLAMPshinobi Send a message via Yahoo to CLAMPshinobi
I Hate Frickin Monkeys!! They Are Frickin Annoying! Stupid! Stupid!stupid!
CLAMPshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 14:26   Link #71
Clarste
Human

Quote:
You've never see a roach??

Who in the world are you?? Richie Rich?? Tony Starks?? The Donald??
I'd call you lucky if I believed your a$$...
Actually I live pretty filthily, plenty of flies and ants and my house is infested with tiny spiders. There just aren't any roaches where I live for some reason (Berkeley, California, USA). Hopefully, they can't survive here for some reason, but realistically, it's just a matter of time. For all I know they've already invaded the other side of town...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 15:47   Link #72
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
Actually I live pretty filthily, plenty of flies and ants and my house is infested with tiny spiders. There just aren't any roaches where I live for some reason (Berkeley, California, USA). Hopefully, they can't survive here for some reason, but realistically, it's just a matter of time. For all I know they've already invaded the other side of town...
I am sure you are not checking the right places. At least the versions 1 and 3 should be available for disgust-searching eyes in California, generally, (I think I saw something similar to the 4th, but maybe it was just a member of another equally disgusting species).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:58   Link #73
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yeah, but you've got to admit, centipedes are horrible, horrible creatures. Luckily the largest ones around here are maybe an inch long...

I hate anything that's venomous. Being able to cause me death or harm while being so small and insignificant just isn't fair. It upsets the natural order of things.
Wait, centipedes are venomous to the point they can kill people?

OMG!!!.....I remember I played around with one when I was little, I think I even picked it up and held it >_<
I have no memory of reasoning other than I remember I thought its numbers of legs was funny...

Picture books for kids in elemantary school always draw insects and bugs with happy faces and smiles and...OMG those things are misguiding and brainwashing the kids. They should be made illegal.

Quote:
I'm sort of....fascinated in a sort of disturbed and scared way. But I think we can rest asured they won't get much bigger than this.
The little mouse must have been very frightened when it got caught, I can't imagine how scary I would have felt if it was me. In my opinion he could at least have killed the mouse first or something.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 10:28   Link #74
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Well, it's a fact that dogs are more useful than cats. Dogs have jobs. Cats just seem to sit around and do nothing all day (from my experience anyways). That one comedian said it the best. "Have you ever heard of a guard cat, or a bomb sniffing cat, or a seeing-eye cat?"
Depends on what that 'usefulness' is. I have never encountered any African-American who liked dogs. Maybe other black people, but afaik no American blacks (and I've been there, what, 9 years...?) You betcha you know exactly why that is so.

Cats maybe lazy, but they sure aren't high-maintenance like we're led to believe. I haven't encountered any of those stereotypical spoiled fat white cats. But spoiled dogs I've seen aplenty.

I better shut up now before this becomes an argument between dog lovers and cat lovers
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 02:16   Link #75
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
mosquitos....
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 12:19   Link #76
jtrog

Norwegian forest cat is worst animal. - its big - soft - very muscular - and worst of all its so terrortial that it attacks other cats in house and other animals, your dog ect to setup its dominance of all the house. I would be scared to death to have one and have a kid of any age as well. when one of these breaks into its "I must OWN the whole area" pacings there is no tellings what it wont sink its teeth into. (almost always goes for final pinning of the neck).

Now my old cat - never did actually kill any of my other pets but they knew when he was active and he was fixed as well but it didnt stop him.

now on the funny side = lots of the posts here were insects, nothing worse than having a bug the bed sheets... lol

oh other worst animal that s maybe not an animal - 12 to 14 year old humans ......
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 13:01   Link #77
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've always been a dog person, not that I have anything against cats (I've owned some of them in the past, and ferrets, rats, lizards, turtles, fish, parakeets, finches, mice, guinea pigs and even a sugar glider). It would seem like a cat would be my perfect pet - they leave me alone, I leave them alone, everyone's happy. But I actually think cats smell quite atrocious - I actually prefer the dog
Quote:
Whatever you think my hatred is multiple that times ten...When your talking about the HUGE PREGNANT COCKROACHES your talking about having to go on missions...I'm talking plotting, strategy, contingencies...It's not a game when you find one of those in your house...It's like your own personal Iraq...It's like I'm fighting them here so I don't have to fight them over there...It's some serious $hit I tell ya...It's not even close when it comes to the creature I hate the most...I loathe them with every ounce of my being...It's like I almost wish Noah's Ark had a leak and sunk if it meant those bastards coming along for the ride...
HA! You think you have it rough? I've had an unreasonable fear of roaches since I was a teenager. One drowned itself in my glass of tea and I DRANK IT WITHOUT REALIZING IT UNTIL IT CRUNCHED IN MY MOUTH! I've initiated vast pogroms to exterminate all insect life within ten feet of my house to ensure a bug free zone for the rest of my life.

On a more amusing note, my mother is terrified of slugs. She used to make me lay a trail of salt across her doorway when she was in a more, uhh, "inebriated" state when I was younger. She used to confide to me that they only go slow when you're watching them.
Old 2006-07-25, 13:05   Link #78
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Depends on what that 'usefulness' is. I have never encountered any African-American who liked dogs. Maybe other black people, but afaik no American blacks (and I've been there, what, 9 years...?) You betcha you know exactly why that is so.

Cats maybe lazy, but they sure aren't high-maintenance like we're led to believe. I haven't encountered any of those stereotypical spoiled fat white cats. But spoiled dogs I've seen aplenty.

I better shut up now before this becomes an argument between dog lovers and cat lovers
I've never seen a high maintenance cat either - they're usually the epitomy of low maintenance, but I know lots of African Americans who love dogs. Generally for some reason I've noticed they always like big dogs, which means I get along well with them (I own boxers, simultaneously the smartest and dumbest dogs I've ever had - but sweet as all hell and love kids).

And I've been here for 30 years.
Old 2006-07-25, 13:05   Link #79
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
HA! You think you have it rough? I've had an unreasonable fear of roaches since I was a teenager. One drowned itself in my glass of tea and I DRANK IT WITHOUT REALIZING IT UNTIL IT CRUNCHED IN MY MOUTH!
That's horrible, they probably taste worse than they smell... I wonder though, was it still alive (or barely like moving or something) when you bit on it?

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 13:10   Link #80
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
That's horrible, they probably taste worse than they smell... I wonder though, was it still alive (or barely like moving or something) when you bit on it?
I don't know, if I'd seen it beforehand I wouldn't have drank it.

I'm quite sure it was dead when I spat it out, of course it had been chewed upon at that point.

EDIT: Weirdly it didn't taste like anything that I can recall, but then I spat it out as soon as I realized what it was.