AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-09, 17:58   Link #101
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
...

And let's be frank here, if you are going to say Byakuya had trouble with Ichigo at stage 2 bankai, then Ichigo was even worse off. As you say, he had great speed, but when Byakuya's second stage fired off Ichigo never touched Byakuya once. Unless you are saying, Ichigo was crippled for the entire 10 mins conveniently as soon as Byakuya's 2nd stage was released.
That is exactly what was suggested in the manga. Byakuya noticed him slower the second his 2nd stage was released.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 18:35   Link #102
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
That is exactly what was suggested in the manga. Byakuya noticed him slower the second his 2nd stage was released.
Which could indicate some kind of causality that has nothing to do with coincidence.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 12:57   Link #103
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
byakuya said there is a difference between those who recently achieved bankai and those who have mastered it, ichigo belongs to the former @ that time. Mind you, they were pretty even, exchanging several blows earlier during byachan's second stage bankai. Its not until ichigo's bankai went awol that byakuya starts overpowering him. Ichigo even had a chance to finish the fight before byakuya activates the 2nd stage of his bankai, if that speed is considered child's play to GJ, i dont really wanna imagine what it would mean to byakuya.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 19:15   Link #104
Junni
Flip Flap
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
buyakuya was cought off guard he didn't know that ichigo has such speed.. and he know that ichigo wouldn't finish him in such a lame way.

maybe Buyakuya would have already done some shunpo or something like that before ichigo can slit his troth
Junni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 17:36   Link #105
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
The question is whether or not the 4 cap rule by Aizen is:

1. True
2. Applies to everyone
3. Max Cap applies to everyone
4. Hollowization has same cap rules
5. Anything beyond Hollowization

Depending on those factors, Kenpachi can either be made into a scrub, or someone who actually does have potential to even own Aizen. If the Max Cap applies to everyone, then the guy is a joke, since Aizen maxed out all the stats. Meaning that whatever retarded Reiatsu Kenpachi has right now, Aizen has just as much if not more, only that he can somehow conceal it. If the Max Cap differs from person to person, then Kenpachi can truely live to his character's uniqueness in that his reiatsu potential/cap/current power is much higher then anything normal. But that would be strange since Aizen doesn't even consider this guy a threat, when Aizen has interest in anything with potential ( ichigo/orihime ) and you'd think he chose Ichimaru for something special and not simply cause he smiles alot.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 11:30   Link #106
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Davitz
i know this has probaly been said but, if his (zaraki) zanpakuto is screaming all the time because they damage each others power? if he ever was to be able to talk to it and trust the soul of the zanpakuto (which would never happen as fighting with your zanpakuto helping is for "sickly loser bitches") he'd be way too powerful, which is probaly why it won't happen....

was just adding my thought hehe, i was rewatching kenpachis episodes
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\anime and manga\Davitz.jpg
"Ive to use it, because we cant be saved any other way." -Mishima

Manga - 666satan, Naruto, bleach, gantz, onepiece, aflame inferno, crimson sword.

Last edited by Davitz; 2007-05-20 at 15:00.
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 09:42   Link #107
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sleeping Forest
if kenpachi ever figures out what his zanpakuto does than that will be the day that i stop liking him, and will have lost a lot of faith in the manga. the whole point of kenpachi is that he cant do all the things that a normal capatian can do. he is a fighter. that is his character and what kubo has done so far with his character is what makes great and that is why so many people actully like him. because of how he is.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 12:37   Link #108
WinterSerenade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere out there.................
that's what makes Kenpachi great. The fact that he doesn't know his swords name and uses no demon magic at all and yet he's a captain even with all those disabilities
WinterSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 16:25   Link #109
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Maybe Kenpatchis zanpakuto is an asshole (oops, I meant to say "slightly unsociable") and just doesn't talk. That's why Zaraki can't hear it. He should just stick his sword into Urahara's tenshintai. Then they can talk with their fists, which both would probably prefer.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 18:26   Link #110
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
What would be a great twist is if Zaraki became a Vaizard. That'd mean that he might be kicked from Soul Society... but it'd fit him to subdue someone just to gain power instead of befriending them(like he'd have to do with his zanpakuto)

Plus his inner hollow would have to be opposite of him. A "I don't like fighting"-type panzy, most likely. Because there's no hollow that could match Zaraki's ferocity
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 18:34   Link #111
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
What would be a great twist is if Zaraki became a Vaizard. That'd mean that he might be kicked from Soul Society... but it'd fit him to subdue someone just to gain power instead of befriending them(like he'd have to do with his zanpakuto)

Plus his inner hollow would have to be opposite of him. A "I don't like fighting"-type panzy, most likely. Because there's no hollow that could match Zaraki's ferocity
And good luck kicking vizard-Zaraki out of any place...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 15:45   Link #112
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Ken-chan, can't hear or talk to his sword, because he will not rely on anyone's strength, but his own. Until he does...He will never reach Materialization or Manifestation
Shikai just means, first release. (Release...Not learning name of attack)
So it could be full time released, Like Ichigo's. But I wonder, If he has a Shikai, and doesn't know it. That means he can't seal it. (He is as bad as Ichigo) If his Reiatsu is so massive, how come his Zankapaku-to isn't, bigger?

Oh Yeah, Ichigo acquired his Shikai, at the same time he became a Vaizard. (Remember "Ichigo...You still have not called me. My name you should hear it now. Shout it! My name is...Zangetsu!" That was when he gained his Shikai) Not during his fight with Zaraki...That was Materialization ...He brought Zangetsu out into his world. When he fought Zaraki. Just thought I'd correct that...

If Zaraki has an avatar...I think we've already seen it in episode 36...
Spoiler for See Zaraki's avatar:
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 02:21   Link #113
Ziv
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ALASKA!!! W00t! I'm BACK FINALLY!!!!
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
I think Kubo dug himself into a bit of a hole with Kenpachi's power. He'll probably come up with something to downplay it and explain why he can't get 10x power out of bankai like everyone else does. Maybe he already used all of his soul's potential power and there's none left for his zanpakutoh or something like that.
No, he'll probably have problems because he neglected his zanpakuto and it doesn't like him.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 06:49   Link #114
kirose
The Destiny Child
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junni View Post
buyakuya was cought off guard he didn't know that ichigo has such speed.. and he know that ichigo wouldn't finish him in such a lame way.

maybe Buyakuya would have already done some shunpo or something like that before ichigo can slit his troth
I don't think so. Byakuya said it was too fast for him, he couldn't move out of the way. Besides, Shunpo is slower than Ichigo bankai, so in theory Byakuya shouldn't be able to outrun Ichigo.
kirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 19:38   Link #115
sakun
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I can see it now, Ken-chan gets a hollow that's all prissy and everything, so he hates it and doesn't use it, ever.
Nah i'd say his hollow side would use cheap tatics, and that would be why ken wouldnt use his other side because kenpachi is actually very honorable thats why he uses his bells to give other ppl an advantage. and to make it more interesting dont forget about that
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 19:58   Link #116
WinterSerenade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere out there.................
well..............
Spoiler for spoiler for manga:
WinterSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:31   Link #117
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Since Ichigo's bankai is pure speed, it would be pretty lame to practically a plot-hole for someone in a non-released state to be anywhere near as fast.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:47   Link #118
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Maybe Soi Fong could/might be faster then him
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:56   Link #119
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Question

Has anyone gave thought to the idea that Kenpachi's Zanpakuto's personification is that of a Kidou-user? From what has been revealed so far, Kenpachi has an incredible amount of Reiatsu but abhors the usage of Kidou as he thinks Kidou is only for wussies.

This would then explain why Kenpachi cannot communicate with his Zanpakuto as he abhors its very existence (kidou-user).

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 02:38   Link #120
Ziv
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ALASKA!!! W00t! I'm BACK FINALLY!!!!
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraame View Post
I think the theory of Yachiru being Kenpachi's sword is interesting also, but I don't think is necessary to explain the recovery of Kenpachi's zanpakou. My understanding of zanpaktous is that because they are essentially alive they have the ability to recover and heal. And if Yachiru was indeed the avatar of Kenpachi's zanpakou, wouldn't she have been involved in the fight between the two instead of just watching from above?
No, Yachiru thinks that fighting with your Zanpakuto is cheating. She considered the ichigoXkenpachi fight to be a cheap 2v1 fight. Even if she is his zanpakuto, she still isn't interested in helping him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
Zaraki isn't his real name, either, since he gave it to himself, which is a good point to bring up before I say my ideas regarding Kenpachi and his Zanpakutou:

I don't believe Yachiru is an avatar or anything like that; she's got her own Zanpakutou, and the only reason I think this idea is going around is because Kubo hasn't managed to get her into a fight, yet. I'm also at odds with his sword already being in a released state since it really just looks a normal, albeit beaten up, sword, and, as many have mentioned, the characters need to know the sword's name before it can be released. Unlike some people, though, I disagree about Zaraki not needing to ever release his Zanpakutou; the enemies are just getting too ridiculously strong, and it would be too easy for Kubo to help the good guys out by giving Zaraki a huge boost in power if he ever gets a Shikai, let alone a Bankai.

The part of his flashback that stood out to me was Zaraki talking about never having a name of his own, which was later used to form a connection between Zaraki and his Vice-captain. To me, this is a defining characteristic of Zaraki; as The Small One and NoSanninWa have pointed out, a Zanpakutou is a part of the Shinigami’s soul. As I mentioned earlier, I think Zaraki’s lack of a name is important, and I think this nameless theme will be brought up again if Zaraki will ever learn how to release it for a simple reason: I believe that his Zanpakutou does not have a name and that Zaraki will have to give it a name himself, exactly like he had to choose a name for himself.

Right after he was defeated by Ichigo, Zaraki tried asking his Zanpakutou its name and got no answer. Maybe he should try a different approach.
I’ve been through Hueco Mundo on a sword with no name...

Last edited by Ziv; 2007-11-25 at 08:26.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.