AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 18:23   Link #41
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
yea man, look at her, she is OBESE!
you should know better man, it was more along the lines her fighting isn't as refined since she hasn't done any training/fighting over the last century.

Even though Yoruichi did hurt herself fighting Yammy, one cannot deny the fact that she beat the shit out of him.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:07   Link #42
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
you should know better man, it was more along the lines her fighting isn't as refined since she hasn't done any training/fighting over the last century.

Even though Yoruichi did hurt herself fighting Yammy, one cannot deny the fact that she beat the shit out of him.
Funny thing is she pwned the hierro using normal taijutsu

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:26   Link #43
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formely_anon View Post
Personally I think it's more interesting to look at the writers style and techniques that they use instead of "power levels" or whatever you kids are calling it these days but that's just me.
Of course, but it is the spirit of watching a fight, that you want to see who is stronger. like you would in a martial arts competition with or without weapons...
which of course doesn't mean brute strength
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:17   Link #44
YouMightHaveAIDS

The problem with this question is it can't be answered since the power fluctuations in Bleach make no sense, anyway.
YouMightHaveAIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 23:47   Link #45
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formely_anon View Post
Personally I think it's more interesting to look at the writers style and techniques that they use instead of "power levels" or whatever you kids are calling it these days but that's just me.
I am very interested in how Kubo plays this out. The way he's already doing it (because he is, IMO). Like, giving us hints at certain characters having power, but not having them fight. So, you end up with posts like this.

But, I have to admit that I would like to see an actual demonstration in Yoruichi's case. She's my favorite character.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 10:07   Link #46
kodok_balls

why every body thought that shunsui and ukitake is that strong ? I'm not seeing them as impressive as urehara. and yoruichi is urehara's captain .
such a silly cool char lovers if any body thought byakuya is stronger than yoruichi. Byakuya can't even match up and butchered by hollow ichigo.
I believe that yoruichi's statement that she cant beat byakuya is a plot no jutsu.... to hype out the fight between byakuya and ichigo. and then sooner the byakuya is crap, the writer is beginning to regret that kinda of statement had ever out.
I think youruichi is at aizen's level. you can see how weak and pathetic other captain such as that little ice boy and komamura in front of aizen.
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 00:12   Link #47
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
why every body thought that shunsui and ukitake is that strong ? I'm not seeing them as impressive as urehara. and yoruichi is urehara's captain .
such a silly cool char lovers if any body thought byakuya is stronger than yoruichi. Byakuya can't even match up and butchered by hollow ichigo.
I believe that yoruichi's statement that she cant beat byakuya is a plot no jutsu.... to hype out the fight between byakuya and ichigo. and then sooner the byakuya is crap, the writer is beginning to regret that kinda of statement had ever out.
I think youruichi is at aizen's level. you can see how weak and pathetic other captain such as that little ice boy and komamura in front of aizen.

Why?

Because they are the two oldest captains besides Yama and Unoha. Captain general Yama himself said that they are the strongest of all the captains past and present. Ukitake and Shunshui fought Yama's shikai and came out relatively unscathed.

Yama, Unoha, Ukitake, and Shunshui are basically the top 4 captains of the 13 squads at this moment. (maybe Byakuya is stronger than Ukitake if Ukitake's disease kicks up)
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 03:06   Link #48
BeCool09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
How dare you! The insolence! Byakuya butchered! NEVER!
Just kidding. Maybe beat up a little but people who have been butchered don't walk away.
But I seriously doubt that Yoruichi is at Aizen's level considering that he stopped Ichigo's bankai with one finger. I don't really see her doing that.

And in terms of Ukitake and Shunsui vs. Urahara, we haven't really seen as much of their powers as we have of Urahara's and I don't really think they can be compared considering how different they all are.
Old 2009-01-28, 16:34   Link #49
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeCool09 View Post
But I seriously doubt that Yoruichi is at Aizen's level considering that he stopped Ichigo's bankai with one finger. I don't really see her doing that.
You're right Yoruichi is so strong she will stop Ichigo's bankai using her eyelash.

But seriously Yoruichi should at least kind of be a little below Ukitake and Shunsui but above Byakuya.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 18:38   Link #50
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Yoruichi outclassed Soi and Yammy and that was without her zan, shikai, or bankai, not to mention 100 years of not fighting.

Imagine what she would do after some training to get back to fighting form.

Just saying. =P
Old 2009-01-28, 23:41   Link #51
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Yoruichi outclassed Soi and Yammy and that was without her zan, shikai, or bankai, not to mention 100 years of not fighting.

Imagine what she would do after some training to get back to fighting form.

Just saying. =P

Regarding those within the discussion

1. Shunshui
2. Ukitake
3. Yourichi
4. Byakuya

?
Old 2009-01-29, 05:20   Link #52
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
why every body thought that shunsui and ukitake is that strong ?
They are the only captains in all of SS with two swords, which means they have 2 parts of their soul or something like that, making them stronger than your average captain.
As for Yoruichi, she is stronger than most captains (Hitsugaya,Kenpachi,Soifon) BUT her strength is limited to a Byakuya level (I bet he could fight against Ulquiorra).She is not shown using her sword but maybe she's not good at it, or its effect could be not to her liking.Ganju never uses his sword either...
Old 2009-02-01, 02:28   Link #53
Glacial

A certain translation of chapter 158 page 4 gives the evidence that Yoruichi's zanpakutou is wielded by Soi Fon...

To quote:
Soi: Houmonka,
Soi: the seal of death left behind by the first hit from Suzumebachi.
Soi: The ability that you were never able to master...//I have perfected it during your hundred-year absence.

The only other explanation for her saying this (assuming it isn't a mistranslation) is that Houmonka is shared between their zanpakutous, though I don't see that as very likely. After all, we never saw Yoru with a sword in present times.
Glacial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 03:34   Link #54
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

I think that's just a mistranslation. The Viz translation is different.

What Soi says is: "The technique was incomplete when you left. But I've had a hundred years to perfect it."

I guess that's still a little ambiguous, though. But I don't think it's likely that Yoru's zanpakuto also has the two-hit kill ability.

But somewhat related, another thing I think is interesting. It's implied that Yoruichi invented shunko. It's stated that the shozoku is made open at the back and shoulders because of shunko. Does that mean Yoruichi actually had the outfit made while she was in power?
Old 2009-02-01, 03:54   Link #55
Glacial

Wow, if that's the Viz translation you may be right. Then again, they can make mistakes too..I'll have to find the raw then :P
Spoiler for manga:

As for the shozoku, I think it'd be funny if Soi Fon wore the outfit because she saw Yoruichi wearing it, and discovered how useful it is when she learned Shunko on her own. Possibly with other outfits she learned, it...doesn't work? The visuals are hilarious, blowing the back of her shirt off in the middle of training

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Yoruichi wore it often and played it off that it was simply "because it suits my fashion sense."
Old 2009-02-01, 05:58   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't think anyone can fight with a zanpakuto besides their own, after all it's what distinguishes shinigami.
Old 2009-02-01, 13:24   Link #57
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Wow, if that's the Viz translation you may be right. Then again, they can make mistakes too..I'll have to find the raw then :P
Spoiler for manga:

As for the shozoku, I think it'd be funny if Soi Fon wore the outfit because she saw Yoruichi wearing it, and discovered how useful it is when she learned Shunko on her own. Possibly with other outfits she learned, it...doesn't work? The visuals are hilarious, blowing the back of her shirt off in the middle of training

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Yoruichi wore it often and played it off that it was simply "because it suits my fashion sense."
It's probably going to be a 3 on 1 fight or something,
Spoiler for Espada 1-3:
Old 2009-02-01, 17:33   Link #58
Lord Uiruu

Question

VERY strong!
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 05:56   Link #59
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
I don't think anyone can fight with a zanpakuto besides their own, after all it's what distinguishes shinigami.
Then explain Tousen's, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
The way I see it there's as many zanpakutos as there are souls (which are limited,as explained by Ishida in the first few episodes:souls just travel between HM,SS and the real world), and going by every single person's character, they are matched to a certain zanpakuto that best describes them.
Tousen is blind, so what suits him best is a sword that makes other people taste his own fear (like, batman dresses like a bat because he thinks they're scary).As far as I know Tousen's only used Suzumushi to fight.
Yoruichi never uses her sword so you can't really measure her real strength yet...but she's pretty strong, to be fending for herself with just kido.
You missed the point. Tousen's zanpakutou was originally owned by his female friend (or the shinigami she married, though not nearly as likely) from the flashback of chapter 148. Page 9 shows the clearest evidence of this.

Last edited by Glacial; 2009-02-02 at 06:20.
Old 2009-02-02, 06:11   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The way I see it there's as many zanpakutos as there are souls (which are limited,as explained by Ishida in the first few episodes:souls just travel between HM,SS and the real world), and going by every single person's character, they are matched to a certain zanpakuto that best describes them.
Tousen is blind, so what suits him best is a sword that makes other people taste his own fear (like, batman dresses like a bat because he thinks they're scary).As far as I know Tousen's only used Suzumushi to fight.
Yoruichi never uses her sword so you can't really measure her real strength yet...but she's pretty strong, to be fending for herself with just kido.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote