AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-02-02, 08:27   Link #61
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Here is the thing in the flashback SoiFon has her own zanpakutou and so does Yoruichi therefore they both have their individual swords. Also the reason I think Tosen can use his female friend's sword is because when she died a part of her spirit lived on in his heart and memories so the zanpakuto allowed him to wield it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 08:57   Link #62
kodok_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
It's probably going to be a 3 on 1 fight or something,
Spoiler for Espada 1-3:
I dont think so...
if three of them combine their power just to face barragan.. he will already be dead meet in a blink of an eye.
we see how youruichi and soi fon check mate aizen with their stealth skills ( though it is not confirmed whether aizen is letting himself loss or not ). Barragan is on par with soi fon i guess... we dont even seen his power yet. but we already saw stark ( the no 1 ) fight and he is on par with shunsui. And I think both Gin and tousen power it they are in Espada are number 3 or above.
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 09:15   Link #63
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Throw me a bone on the Tousen story, who says he's been using other people's swords?
(at any rate, as quoted by Zangetsu:"This is a nameless katana given to low-ranking shinigami" so I suppose everyone starts off with one o'those)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 14:20   Link #64
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Here is the thing in the flashback SoiFon has her own zanpakutou and so does Yoruichi therefore they both have their individual swords. Also the reason I think Tosen can use his female friend's sword is because when she died a part of her spirit lived on in his heart and memories so the zanpakuto allowed him to wield it.

I don't think Soi Fon was a shinigami in the flashback, just Yoruichi's protector. This means she didn't have her own zanpakutou, but a plain sword, if that. To add to that, there is no panel in the manga where both of them are wielding a sword of their own at once. Remember, shinigami have to have their swords with them at all times in SS, especially the lower-ranking ones. So (assuming Soi WAS a shinigami) either Soi Fon was repeatedly disobeying an important rule, or she didn't have a zanpakutou. The scene you refer to is 100% anime-original anyway, which I have issues regarding as canon.

In addition, your explanation about Tousen is backing up the (assumed) law that a shinigami has to use their own zanpakutou and can't use any other. However, not only do I not recall such a rule being mentioned in the manga, but I also don't think it possible to have a soul reside within another. Besides, Tousen's twisted sense of justice does not seem what his female friend would approve of.

@hassen: read my edit of the previous post here that I made last night, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
You missed the point. Tousen's zanpakutou was originally owned by his female friend (or the shinigami she married, though not nearly as likely) from the flashback of chapter 148. Page 9 shows the clearest evidence of this.

Last edited by Glacial; 2009-02-02 at 14:37.
Glacial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 14:24   Link #65
Imperial Blaze
最終的な力を感じなさい
*Graphic Designer

I reckon she's weaker than Urahara.....

Imperial Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 14:33   Link #66
Mattelajn

Don't think she is as strong as aizen..

Since aizen would have one-hitted yami
Old 2009-02-02, 14:40   Link #67
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
read my edit of the previous post here that I made last night, lol
Oh,thanks man, I only started reading the manga at the HM arc so I missed on whatever the anime's cut off <_<
Well,my point still stands, they shared the same ideals so the zanpakuto that represents them is the same, see DDR for more info.
EDIT: just so we're clear, Tousen's friend was already dead at the time so it wouldn't be a problem if they held the same sword.
Old 2009-02-02, 14:58   Link #68
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
I dont think so...
if three of them combine their power just to face barragan.. he will already be dead meet in a blink of an eye.
we see how youruichi and soi fon check mate aizen with their stealth skills ( though it is not confirmed whether aizen is letting himself loss or not ). Barragan is on par with soi fon i guess... we dont even seen his power yet. but we already saw stark ( the no 1 ) fight and he is on par with shunsui. And I think both Gin and tousen power it they are in Espada are number 3 or above.
Barragan isn't on par with Soi fon - he's much much stronger than Soi Fon. And even if Urahara/Soi/Yourichi comes together to fight Barragan, it won't be that easy to beat Barragan.
Spoiler for BARRAGAN:
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:04   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And don't forget that the Vizard could hop in anytime, and their strength far surpasses that of even the strong captains.If anything I'd say the shinigami would lose this fight and then get help.
Old 2009-02-02, 15:19   Link #70
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
And don't forget that the Vizard could hop in anytime, and their strength far surpasses that of even the strong captains.If anything I'd say the shinigami would lose this fight and then get help.
I'm not sure about them being that strong. I'd say being a Vizard turned an average level captain into a strong captain. They are probably better than the above average captains such as Kenpachi and Byakuya.

I doubt they are stronger than the top 4 - Yamato, Unoha, Shunshui, or Ukitake (non-sick mode).
Old 2009-02-04, 08:22   Link #71
kodok_balls

Quote:
Barragan isn't on par with Soi fon - he's much much stronger than Soi Fon. And even if Urahara/Soi/Yourichi comes together to fight Barragan, it won't be that easy to beat Barragan.
Spoiler for BARRAGAN:
well, just wait and see... I dont see byakuya had any hard time in fighting no.7. really2 easy instead. And could you please give me the reference which says soi fon is weaker than kenpachi...
and for the youruichi vs byakuya thing.. I believe the authors didn't show the full extent of yorouichi's power is for some reason ( typical reason, save the best for last ).. which means yoruichi, urehara, ukitake, vizards, shunsui, and unohana's power are faaar above the one who had already been revealed ( byakuya counted )
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 23:41   Link #72
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

im thinking with tousens zanpakuto it takes traits from him and maybe from his friend
suzumushi has the senses thing that takes traits from him and then the Suzumushi Nishiki: Benihiko part that is completely different from his abilities
Old 2009-02-05, 03:46   Link #73
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattelajn View Post
Don't think she is as strong as aizen..

Since aizen would have one-hitted yami
is that really a fair comparison since we have no idea what Aizen is capable of w/out his weapon?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 04:01   Link #74
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Aizen is also the kind of person who kills anyone who is no longer useful to him.

Yoruichi doesn't seem like the type of person who fights just to kill. If anything she avoids fighting unless it's necessary. Even fighting against Yammy, she didn't just automatically go after him and start kicking his butt. She countered him attacking her first and then followed up her attacks until he was down. But she didn't go for the kill even then. It doesn't necessarily mean she couldn't have done it; just that she didn't want to for whatever reason.
Old 2009-02-05, 04:17   Link #75
Glacial

Quote:
Oh,thanks man, I only started reading the manga at the HM arc so I missed on whatever the anime's cut off <_<
Same here. XD

But one day I decided to read from the beginning of the manga since I realized there was a lot of stuff I missed, and fell in love with the story from a new angle

Quote:
Well,my point still stands, they shared the same ideals so the zanpakuto that represents them is the same, see DDR for more info.
EDIT: just so we're clear, Tousen's friend was already dead at the time so it wouldn't be a problem if they held the same sword.
Yeah, I only brought up Tousen because you said 'someone can only fight with their own zanpakutou.' Also, I really don't think DDR holds weight in an argument on canon SS principles, sorry :/

I guess one day we'll find out the whereabouts of Yoruichi's zanpakutou, until then we can only speculate

Quote:
Soi Fon is one of the weaker captains,
Where are you getting this from?! We've been shown little to nothing about her abilities, beyond her hax shikai. If she has bankai (and if she doesn't, that's a serious plothole), I would definitely rate her abilities high :|

Last edited by Glacial; 2009-02-05 at 04:41.
Old 2009-02-05, 17:15   Link #76
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Where are you getting this from?! We've been shown little to nothing about her abilities, beyond her hax shikai. If she has bankai (and if she doesn't, that's a serious plothole), I would definitely rate her abilities high :|
Well, the manga power level thingy (which isn't extremely accurate, but is a decent guide) shows that she isn't very powerful. And from what we've seen of her shikai in the anime so far isn't very impressive.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:39   Link #77
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
such a silly cool char lovers if any body thought byakuya is stronger than yoruichi. Byakuya can't even match up and butchered by hollow ichigo.
It's worth mentioning that Byakuya never actually wanted to win his fight with Ichigo. As seen later, he truly cares for Rukia and was torn between his duty, something very important for a noble (and someone with such a stick up his ass like Byakuya) , and his adoptive sister. His fight with Ichigo was a fight with himself.

He has yet to reveal his final zanpakuto form, which is consisted of one white extremely sharp sword, white wings made out of energy appear.

Whereas with Ichigo, we have seen all his abilities already.

It took Byakuya like 5 minutes to kill espada no8.

Byakuya is not to be underestimated.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 23:19   Link #78
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Whereas with Ichigo, we have seen all his abilities already.
I hardly think so.

(but this topic was about Yoroichi)
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 04:30   Link #79
Glacial

Quote:
Well, the manga power level thingy (which isn't extremely accurate, but is a decent guide) shows that she isn't very powerful.
If you're talking about the charts giving a number 0-100 for five categories, including:
Attack
Defense
Kidou/Reiatsu
Intelligence
Physical Stamina (known to those familiar with gaming as HP),

then you're basing things off of something telling how much potential the person has reached. In other words, the lower the numbers, the more the character has for room to grow. Nothing more. Sorry :/

E.g.: Byakuya has a 90 for kidou, this only means he has more room to improve. Gin has 80 all around, meaning he can improve in many ways.
Unohana has a 100 for attack, meaning that she has honed her offense to the full extent she could.
Kenpachi has a 0 for kidou NOT because he CAN'T use it, but because he CHOOSES not to.

I believe it was even said on the charts, or on some related material, that one cannot compare power levels accurately between them, due to the above.

Quote:
And from what we've seen of her shikai in the anime so far isn't very impressive.
Killing something in two hits isn't impressive? klolo
I supposed you'd argue that taking several hits to kill means one's abilities are stronger than Suzumebachi?
Old 2009-02-06, 05:00   Link #80
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She can only 2HKO by hitting the same spot, but hey, that's a shikai for you. If she manages bankai, she could 1HKO anyone or 2HKO without hitting the SAME spot twice, which would give her a deadly advantage against any opponent.