AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-06, 16:35   Link #81
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
then you're basing things off of something telling how much potential the person has reached. In other words, the lower the numbers, the more the character has for room to grow. Nothing more. Sorry :/
Right, so that means both Soi Fon and Hitsugaya can surpass Aizen, since they suck so much currently and have such a huge improvement potential...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Killing something in two hits isn't impressive? klolo
I supposed you'd argue that taking several hits to kill means one's abilities are stronger than Suzumebachi?
She has to hit someone in the same spot twice to kill them. Miss by an inch....no good.
And she's not powerful enough to actually hit her opponents twice in the same spot most of the time.

Her special skihai is a poison type anyways, so it's suppose to do that. Mayuri's shikai poison can basically kill someone in one hit.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:30   Link #82
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
but Mayuri kinda sucks at zanjutsu and isn't the fastest while Soifon can use her shikai with her taijutsu/shunpo skills

btw, by your logic Yamamoto and Komamura are on the same level regarding offensive power sry, but the power graph doesn't work that way
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 01:35   Link #83
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
but Mayuri kinda sucks at zanjutsu and isn't the fastest while Soifon can use her shikai with her taijutsu/shunpo skills

btw, by your logic Yamamoto and Komamura are on the same level regarding offensive power sry, but the power graph doesn't work that way
I know dude. I'm just saying that because they have room for improvement, their current status is pathetically weak. Soi Fon and Hitsu are probably the two weakest captains.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 02:23   Link #84
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Pathetically weak hmm, they are junior captains, of course they can't be on the same level as the seniors. But I agree with Hitsugaya being boring, Soifon has specialized in certain disciplines and has hax on her side, same with Mayuri and even Komamura excels with his brute strength while Hitsugaya hasn't lived up to his reputation.. yes, he is really young and already achieved bankai, but that's it So most of the juniors resemble the standard captain + some special abilities to me, nothing wrong with that when the seniors are just damn awesome hehe.
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 05:42   Link #85
Glacial
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Right, so that means both Soi Fon and Hitsugaya can surpass Aizen, since they suck so much currently and have such a huge improvement potential...
you don't seem to get it, lol
and maybe you should look at their stats again, Soi Fon's aren't that low when it comes to what counts for her shikai, offense and speed...her room to improve is based on things that wouldn't really matter

and even if it could be used for comparison, the stat chart is old, really old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
She has to hit someone in the same spot twice to kill them. Miss by an inch....no good.
And she's not powerful enough to actually hit her opponents twice in the same spot most of the time.

Her special skihai is a poison type anyways, so it's suppose to do that. Mayuri's shikai poison can basically kill someone in one hit.
you're comparing Mayuri's bankai poison to Soi Fon's shikai ability, LOL
and Mayuri's bankai poison can only really kill weak opponents who would take damage from the gas, plus as we've seen it's easy to develop immunity to it...and what ever happened to GTFOing when it comes out of his bankai creature's mouth?

Soi Fon, however, can kill even a strong opponent like Yoruichi in two hits. and have you SEEN how big the houmonka (butterfly marks) are when she hits the first time? that's her target for killing with a second blow...and that's only her shikai. seriously, we don't know enough about her to assume her weak. a new captain? yea. but her shikai alone is hax enough to take down the strongest of opponents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
so far there's no steady power level so the word strong means next to nothing, amirite?
qft; yet another reason why I think calling Soi weak is hasty at best
Glacial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 05:49   Link #86
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Everyone in bleach has hax skills, so far there's no steady power level so the word strong means next to nothing, amirite?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 06:59   Link #87
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Soi Fon can't even touch Ichigo in his bankai form with that thing let alone arrancar like Ulquiorra or Grimmjow who can easily keep up with Ichigo in mask and bankai form, she is going to have a hard time piercing them with that thing. I won't be surprised if one of the espada break her zanpakuto like a tooth pick
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 12:57   Link #88
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
you don't seem to get it, lol
and maybe you should look at their stats again, Soi Fon's aren't that low when it comes to what counts for her shikai, offense and speed...her room to improve is based on things that wouldn't really matter
Her stats chart includes her bankai too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
you're comparing Mayuri's bankai poison to Soi Fon's shikai ability, LOL
and Mayuri's bankai poison can only really kill weak opponents who would take damage from the gas, plus as we've seen it's easy to develop immunity to it...and what ever happened to GTFOing when it comes out of his bankai creature's mouth?
What are you talking about? How is it easy to develop immunity to Mayuri's poisons? And nobody is immune to his poisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Soi Fon, however, can kill even a strong opponent like Yoruichi in two hits
But she DIDN'T because she CAN'T. She is too weak to actually use her hax shikai effectively. She is a weak captain with an overpowered shikai attack ability. That is what makes her weak.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 22:02   Link #89
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
The problem with Soi's shikai ability is that Kubo doesn't have the guts to let her use it against someone strong. Even with the clear Shinigami favoritism, Kubo's not going to let her kill someone like Barragan in two hits and therefore make Barragan look weak. As a result, Soi looks weak instead, because Kubo only allows her to kill cannon fodder. Which begs the question, why would he give her such a cool ability and then not let her take advantage of it.

Soi was also used as a showcase to prove how much stronger Yoruichi is, so I don't foresee Kubo allowing Soi to do anything he wouldn't let Yoruichi do. If that makes sense.

Poor Soi. No respect, even from Kubo.
__________________
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:09   Link #90
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Not everyone can be super-strong, because then they'd eclipse the main hero.
Don't worry, Soifon is pretty strong, much stronger than potential captain Ikkaku and on par with Hitsugaya I guess. Yoruichi is one step higher than her, so that makes her pretty strong too.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:15   Link #91
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
Not everyone can be super-strong, because then they'd eclipse the main hero.
Don't worry, Soifon is pretty strong, much stronger than potential captain Ikkaku and on par with Hitsugaya I guess. Yoruichi is one step higher than her, so that makes her pretty strong too.
One step? Try 15, Yoruichi only used hand to hand combat after being out of practice for over 100 years and being in her cat form for most of it whilst Soi Fon has had the chance to train practice etc for years, she had her shikai activated and she used shunko but when Yoruichi used hers she ended it in an instant. And she beat Yammy without using a zanpakuto or shunko making her power level at least be on Ichigo's bankai lvl with her taijutsu, although she got a broken arm afterwards it is only because of the hierro she was hitting.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:16   Link #92
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
But she DIDN'T because she CAN'T.
Soifon never wanted to kill Yoruichi with her shikai ability.

She already marked her whole body.. that was to humiliate Yoruichi and to show off her improvement("my homonka now will only dissapear if I want them to"). Remember she stopped for no reason and switched to shunko? Another way to look down on Yoru. She would have continued using her shikai ability if it was about killing her.. no, she may even would have gone bankai. Yet she switched to shunko, a combination of taijutsu/kidou, Yoru's favourite skills.
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:20   Link #93
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
100 years ago Soifon was just a guard, after reaching captain level she got a lot closer to Yoruichi's strength.They both prefer hand-to-hand and use kido in their own way, Yoruichi is superior but I don't think Soifon is THAT far behind her.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 01:03   Link #94
Glacial
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Her stats chart includes her bankai too.
Wow, stop bringing the stat charts into this argument, it's already been proven they hold no weight when comparing one person to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
What are you talking about? How is it easy to develop immunity to Mayuri's poisons? And nobody is immune to his poisons.
Okay, sorry, it's not easy but it can be counteracted. The fact he always carries the antidote with him is part of the weakness of his poison, and he and Nemu both are immune to it, meaning it is possible to be unaffected by its toxicity with a specific type of blood. Even still, there's the whole issue of it being a poison gas in an open environment, so something like a strong enough wind can render it totally useless lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
But she DIDN'T because she CAN'T. She is too weak to actually use her hax shikai effectively. She is a weak captain with an overpowered shikai attack ability. That is what makes her weak.
You're basing the whole ineffective-to-kill thing off of one fight: with Yoruichi. That doesn't count, because not only is Yoruichi her superior (and we know next to nothing about the limits of Yoruichi's strength), but she stopped fighting because she realized she didn't want to kill her idol.

Spoiler for manga:


Point? I'm only inferring we don't know enough to judge her as weak. But Suzumebachi is hax lol
Glacial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 08:08   Link #95
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Soi fon weak?

Where the hell did that come from?!

She may not be as fast as Yoruichi but she still wasn't that far behind while chasing her. She may lack in speed with Ichigo's bankai but hey! Have anyone seen hers bankai? Maybe she will become 10 times faster what will beat Ichigo's speed big time. Besides Ichigo sucks at hand to hand combot, so if she catches him, he'll be gone.

The fight with Yoruichi... she never was seriouse about it. How much she wouldn't say that she hates Yoruichi, she never did. since it was quiet obviouse in the end that she simply was very hurt and because of that wanted to prove Yoruichi that she is strong too. As someone mentioned she had used several hits on her and was saying that now they won't dissapear on their own.
Later she used shunko in order to suprise Yoruichi to show her that she also can learn things on her own. But seeing that Yoruichi can do it too, she simply lost whole interest in it and pain got better of her.
If she wanted to kill Yoruichi, she would use bankai.
(And sorry if some thing may some random, but english isn't my first language and I can't express everytrhing so clearly)

Spoiler for manga:


And out of all captains she is the only one who can fight hand to hand combat (not counting Yoruichi and Urahara). If captains will fight with each other without swords, she will own them.
Komamura will be the only problem for her since he is twice taller and almost 10 times heavier.

And if compare her with Hitsugaya... he will be dead very soon since he doesn't seem to be fast at all and he isn't experienced in close combat as well.

If to put her against Mayuri, his poisons won't do a thing to her since as we saw in Bounto arc her suzumebachi destroys all kind of poisons.
If Mayuri has as much antidotes as her, then it will be a long fight because if to believe second movie, some things can overstand the poison of her suzumebachi.
But she can kick him like this since as we saw in the fight Ishida/Mayuri, he can be killed.

Besides all the fights she has fought, she has won without trying much and without using bankai while all other capatains had to use it!
Hitsugaya couldn't win against fracssion without bankai and admitted that he had won only by pure luck.
Spoiler for manga:


To sum it up... even without bankai she is in the middle among captains. Not the top, but definetly not the bottom. She firmly stays in the middle.

And who knows... maybe her bankai will take her straigt to the tops!





About Yoruichi... I think she is very strong. She has owned Yammy with bare hands in several hits while Ichigo had to go bankai and use the sword.
Besides she is vey fast and it looks like that Byakuya is still no match for her in speed.

And don't forget that till now we haven't seen her bankai as well but most importantly... we haven't even seeen her SHIKAI!

Who knows what kind of monster she can be!
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:33   Link #96
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Yoruichi strikes as the type that doesn't fight with her zanpakuto (Ganju style), if I had to guess, her shikai would be knuckles and her bankai claws, she's definitely at the top of the power tower with maxed out kido and combat skills. Soifon's catching up, I guess we'll see her real power in a few chapters~
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:48   Link #97
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yoruichi strikes as the type that doesn't fight with her zanpakuto (Ganju style), if I had to guess, her shikai would be knuckles and her bankai claws, she's definitely at the top of the power tower with maxed out kido and combat skills. Soifon's catching up, I guess we'll see her real power in a few chapters~
Well she still has one

Yep she does, hope to see more of her soon
As well as of Yoruichi, Urahara, Shunsui, Ukitake and vizards
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:40   Link #98
Uncreativex
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Soi Fon (and Yoruichi) are pretty weak because Bleach is a shounen manga and Kubo doesn't use any logic. Think about it this way, Soi Fon and Yuruichi should be the fastest of all characters so far; their damn speciality is speed, and one of them is/was considered the fastest shinigami of all ("the goddess of flash"), and Yuruichi admitted that Soi Fon had gotten as good as her (or how she was a hundred years ago) in unarmed combat/speed in their SS arc encounter. Couple that with the fact that Soi Fon can kill people in two hits.

But this is a shounen manga where the females are either eye candy or emofests, so I doubt will ever see a female do some real punishment.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:52   Link #99
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
Soi Fon (and Yoruichi) are pretty weak because Bleach is a shounen manga and Kubo doesn't use any logic. Think about it this way, Soi Fon and Yuruichi should be the fastest of all characters so far; their damn speciality is speed, and one of them is/was considered the fastest shinigami of all ("the goddess of flash"), and Yuruichi admitted that Soi Fon had gotten as good as her (or how she was a hundred years ago) in unarmed combat/speed in their SS arc encounter. Couple that with the fact that Soi Fon can kill people in two hits.

But this is a shounen manga where the females are either eye candy or emofests, so I doubt will ever see a female do some real punishment.
Spoiler for manga:
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 13:28   Link #100
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Does it really matter? Urahara will protect his kitty kat ^_^
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.