AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-22, 09:26   Link #81
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 05:36.
tkdtiger is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 12:12   Link #82
Yondaime-Legacy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 05:37.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 12:15   Link #83
Yondaime-Legacy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
(he isnt loosing much unless he has the MS activated)
Yondaime-Legacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 13:22   Link #84
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
You don't think Gai will be forced to open the 8th gate? I mean I would not want to see Gai die, but it could definately be a passing the torch kind of thing to Lee. Gai giving Lee kind of a last lesson that you use this skill only when you must protect something extremely valuable and should not be used springly. I don't know for some reason I see Gai being killed in the end. prob., because I think they emphasised it in the begining so much, but I thik he'll be the one to defeat Kisame.
tkdtiger is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 13:50   Link #85
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 33
doesnt matter how many gai opens samehada will absorbe the chakra lol
tatami is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 13:52   Link #86
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
doesnt matter how many gai opens samehada will absorbe the chakra lol
I'd like to see Samehade absorb taijutsu moves...
ri0 is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 14:19   Link #87
4F0ur
.......
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Interesting how you changed from trying to prove a point using facts to attacking me personally with ne reference to the questions whatsoever. Running out of proof?
I think when u reply... you need to focus on how to proof other ppl wrong instead of just talking about you're own theories
I think thats why Y-L is kinda madd

anyways...
I Do think it takes alot to seal kyuubi
and Yondaimes legend is far more extravagant than Itachi's
just simply look at the fact that Yondaime sealed away kyuubi
when noone other have ever done so before
through this.. we know that Kishi wanted to tell us that Yondaime is the strongest Ninja ever..who have accomplished the hardest mission (save the villege from the attack of Kyuubi)
well we dont see anyone other than Yondaime who is able to do that
no even Itachi

I believe talking about their jutsu isnt enough to judge who is stronger
coz in a fight ...both of them have chances to win against eachother

But its really clear that Kish wanted to make yondaime look like the strongest Ninja.. if not..it could have been Yondaime and sandaime both sealed away Kyuubi
or something else
lets not try to ignore the fact that Kyuubi is the strongest being in narutoworld

sealing soul is easy or not..it doesnt matter (i believe its not gonna be as easy as sealing Oro)
Kishi made yondaime to be the one sealed away Kyuubi
Not Itachi... not sandaime...not akazuki leader or anyone else

so In conclusion..If you are not a fanboy..its pretty easy to think Yondaime is the strongest

Edit: and i think its fair to say Yondaime defeated Kyuubi
coz Yondaime = mission completed
Kyuubi = MIssion failed
__________________

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 14:45   Link #88
Yondaime-Legacy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Hey 4Four thx for understanding why i stopped giving mobius serious replies. Its good to see someone read our posts and make his own conclusion on the issues being discussed.

I completely agree with you in every point you make. I just want to end the debate of Yondaime because clearly Kishi gave us very little info and all we can do is speculate as to his extent of power. But the info that we are given makes a rough yet understandable picture of what Yondaime could accomplish.
Once again Great insight on your part.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 14:53   Link #89
Yondaime-Legacy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 06:08.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 14:53   Link #90
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
I'd like to see Samehade absorb taijutsu moves...
i didnt say it absorbes the taijutsu moves but if gai opens gates he gets enormus chakra,wall samehada absorbes chakra,then no chakra and no uber kick...poor gai only a special jounin against s ranked ninja kisame near a river...also samehada shaves too
tatami is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 17:02   Link #91
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS

1.) Oro could only move because Kusanagi slammed into Sarutobi, weakening the host of DeathGod and therefore weaking the power of the DeathGod jutsu. Sarutobi was literally down to his last batch of chakra, having fought 3 hokage class opponents, summoned an elite summon and then split his chakra in 3 parts. Yondaime coming fresh to the battlefield had more chakra. He wasnt as weak as Sarutobi was. A perfectly strong host of DeathGod who isnt damaged should be able to yank out Kyuubis soul without any effort since the DeathGod ability depends on the host's current chakra and nothing to do with the opponent.
Don't mean to butt into your little squabble but I've read your arguements I see this one contradiction a few times.

If as you say the death god's ability does not depend on the opponent then why bother stating anything about the current fighting fitness of the 'host's current chakra'.

Are you saying you merely call him out and he does his job?

I'm gonna speculate from what I've seen and believe that this isn't the case. Also take into account that sealing the 9 tails and sealing a human had 2 different outcomes. You have to wonder why didn't the death god swallow the 9 tails soul if thats what it did to Orichi's Hands + the 2 hokage's souls. Its very illogical to assume that the chakra of a human could measure up to the chakra of the 9 tails.

Also you may not see sealing the 9 tails as anything special, but the fact that he was the first to do it and to successfully seal it inside Naruto in such a way that it didn't drive him crazy/ deprive him of sleep (note Gaara) is pretty impressive to me.

Back on topic, Yondaime > Itachi imho.
Vindi89 is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 17:12   Link #92
Half 1/2 Demon
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Vindi89, you make a very good point on countering Mobius claims and his own contradictions. I agree with the points you make about Yondaime, it seems that the information we have so far received shows Yondaime as a legend not some guy who just sacrifices his body for the village.


I also agree Yondaime>>>>Itachi imo
Half 1/2 Demon is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 18:06   Link #93
Spawnblade
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 05:41.
Spawnblade is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 18:13   Link #94
Yondaime-Legacy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 05:41.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 18:56   Link #95
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 33
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-07-23 at 05:42.
tatami is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 19:03   Link #96
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnblade
If anyone is made for fighting against the Sharingan, it is Yondaime. Orochimaru has no such ability to counter Sharingan, at least not without a disadvantage... And that is why he wants Sasuke's body as a container. Then he could use his own Sharingan in countering, to remove the disadvantage.[/I]
gai can fight against sahringan easily...it is impossible to use genjutsu by sharingan on gai but he will be owned by other techniques...
tatami is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 21:27   Link #97
4F0ur
.......
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
gai can fight against sahringan easily...it is impossible to use genjutsu by sharingan on gai but he will be owned by other techniques...
well Gai cant fight against sharingan easily
For Gai... its just less disadvantages against sharingan
but can the sharingan user still see through Gai's movement?? yes!

Im not so sure if MS can catch the Yondaimes movement
but im pretty sure 3 dot sharingan cant
coz if it did...Yondaimes flash flip?? wouldnt be famouse in konoha
__________________

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 22:12   Link #98
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89
Don't mean to butt into your little squabble but I've read your arguements I see this one contradiction a few times.

If as you say the death god's ability does not depend on the opponent then why bother stating anything about the current fighting fitness of the 'host's current chakra'.

Are you saying you merely call him out and he does his job?

I'm gonna speculate from what I've seen and believe that this isn't the case. Also take into account that sealing the 9 tails and sealing a human had 2 different outcomes. You have to wonder why didn't the death god swallow the 9 tails soul if thats what it did to Orichi's Hands + the 2 hokage's souls. Its very illogical to assume that the chakra of a human could measure up to the chakra of the 9 tails.

Also you may not see sealing the 9 tails as anything special, but the fact that he was the first to do it and to successfully seal it inside Naruto in such a way that it didn't drive him crazy/ deprive him of sleep (note Gaara) is pretty impressive to me.

Back on topic, Yondaime > Itachi imho.

1.) I stated the DeathGod has no correlation to its target's chakra simply because chakra is stamina based, and has no direct connection to the soul as given by the manga's workings. Soul =/= chakra. Its understandable why the chakra of a being would not affect the DeathGod by that simple analogy.

2.) The DeathGod relies on a gateway to reach its target. It manifests itself through the body of the caster (host). If that body isnt there, the DeathGod cant act. If Sarutobi runs out of chakra it means his stamina has reached zero. When your stamina is depleted, you pass out. See Kakashi + Sharingan. We can see when Kusanagi weakens Sarutobi the power of DeathGod reduces to the point that an assured victory was forced into a last resort maneuver. Sarutobi's current chakra is relevant for that purpose.

3.) Your Kyuubi Chakra comment is answered in my statement one.

4.) Yondaime's reason for not destroying Kyuubi is fairly obvious. These demons are not simply just a threat. If harnessed properly, they can be used to tip the scale of war in their favor.

Eg. Gaara being the prime war-weapon of Hidden Sand.

Even if Konoha may never have to fight a free demon again, other Villages have Demon-weapons and it would be in Konoha's best interest if they harnessed the power of Kyuubi rather than obliterate a perfectly good tool.

5.) I didnt say sealing Kyuubi isnt special. I said its just not as spectacular as everyone makes it seem, given the current information. I too think Yondaime is hot sh*t. Check my top 5 list for reference. I dont think the sealing was a simple one-two "ezpk ggnub" situation (gamers will understand that comment) but the sealing has been overhyped so much and people overestimate Yondaime simply because of the Myth that only he could have possibly sealed Kyuubi making him the best ninja ever.

In actuality 8 other demons have been sealed and we know a few of the sealers survived the process. Why arent they getting mad hype like Yondaime is? This is where I attribute it to fanboyism. Im not hating on anyone or their ideas. I just get really ticked when the sealing is over-dramatised and turned into a legendary feat that noone else can do. When theres proof others have done it BETTER.

Spoiler for YLegacy:
MobiuS is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 22:31   Link #99
4F0ur
.......
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
1.) I stated the DeathGod has no correlation to its target's chakra simply because chakra is stamina based, and has no direct connection to the soul as given by the manga's workings. Soul =/= chakra. Its understandable why the chakra of a being would not affect the DeathGod by that simple analogy.

2.) The DeathGod relies on a gateway to reach its target. It manifests itself through the body of the caster (host). If that body isnt there, the DeathGod cant act. If Sarutobi runs out of chakra it means his stamina has reached zero. When your stamina is depleted, you pass out. See Kakashi + Sharingan. We can see when Kusanagi weakens Sarutobi the power of DeathGod reduces to the point that an assured victory was forced into a last resort maneuver. Sarutobi's current chakra is relevant for that purpose.

3.) Your Kyuubi Chakra comment is answered in my statement one.

4.) Yondaime's reason for not destroying Kyuubi is fairly obvious. These demons are not simply just a threat. If harnessed properly, they can be used to tip the scale of war in their favor.

Eg. Gaara being the prime war-weapon of Hidden Sand.

Even if Konoha may never have to fight a free demon again, other Villages have Demon-weapons and it would be in Konoha's best interest if they harnessed the power of Kyuubi rather than obliterate a perfectly good tool.

5.) I didnt say sealing Kyuubi isnt special. I said its just not as spectacular as everyone makes it seem, given the current information. I too think Yondaime is hot sh*t. Check my top 5 list for reference. I dont think the sealing was a simple one-two "ezpk ggnub" situation (gamers will understand that comment) but the sealing has been overhyped so much and people overestimate Yondaime simply because of the Myth that only he could have possibly sealed Kyuubi making him the best ninja ever.

In actuality 8 other demons have been sealed and we know a few of the sealers survived the process. Why arent they getting mad hype like Yondaime is? This is where I attribute it to fanboyism. Im not hating on anyone or their ideas. I just get really ticked when the sealing is over-dramatised and turned into a legendary feat that noone else can do. When theres proof others have done it BETTER.
theres no proof saying others have done better
sealing other bisus could be hard.,.. but not as hard
it has been stated that 9 tail is the strongest and is way stronger than the 8 tail..which can be consider the 2nd strongest
and..re watch the intro before episode one....its clearly saying yondaime is the Hero the legend for what he ahve done
I think its normal to be dramatic about it.. coz its big

edit: just think dude... if it were to be easy..why didnt sandaime seal the kyuubi??
Im sure in Konoha theres alot other hokage leveled ninjas who can seal bisus
so why didnt they do so??
and amount all those elit ninjas why noone have ever sealed Kyuubi before??
all these are pretty obviouse questions

so why are u trying to think someone who can do better sealing the Kyuubi?
why are u trying to say someone is stronger than theone who can seal Kyuubi?
fanboy or not... ... you are being unreasonable
__________________

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline  
Old 2006-07-22, 22:51   Link #100
Half 1/2 Demon
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur
theres no proof saying others have done better
sealing other bisus could be hard.,.. but not as hard
it has been stated that 9 tail is the strongest and is way stronger than the 8 tail..which can be consider the 2nd strongest
and..re watch the intro before episode one....its clearly saying yondaime is the Hero the legend for what he ahve done
I think its normal to be dramatic about it.. coz its big

edit: just think dude... if it were to be easy..why didnt sandaime seal the kyuubi??
Im sure in Konoha theres alot other hokage leveled ninjas who can seal bisus
so why didnt they do so??
and amount all those elit ninjas why noone have ever sealed Kyuubi before??
all these are pretty obviouse questions

so why are u trying to think someone who can do better sealing the Kyuubi?
why are u trying to say someone is stronger than theone who can seal Kyuubi?
fanboy or not... ... you are being unreasonable

I very much agree with you Four. Mobius says that people could do it better but that statement has no backing what so ever. We are actually told that it was a very hard feat to accomplish if not we would have been told "Yondaime is the 2nd to seal or defeat the 9 tails in known history" but all we are told is praises after praises of the "best ninja konoho has ever produced" sandaime says it himself when he was against orochimaro that this Master Technique was created by the Hero of the village. I dont know but i havent seen any information proving Yondaime being one of many to accomplish such a feat. And mobius your arguement of other tailed beasts being sealed is not very promising. the other beasts were nothing compared to 9tails since he is obviously the most powerful. if the other tailed beasts were sealed and defeated... well they havent beated the hardest one which would prove to be 2x or 3x and so on (depending on the tails) harder to seal. Yondaime must have had a very interesting battle with the 9tails cuz 9tails hates him for sealing him into a annoying kid.

I think Yondaime deserves all the praises he can get until we see someone actually beat the 9 tails himself. o yea i think its pretty much a fact that the 9 tails is the toughest being in the narutoworld. no questions asked.
Half 1/2 Demon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.