AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2006-07-21, 23:56   Link #41
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
3. Lacus has a (for the lack of a better phrase) big-ass-fleet. The kinda fleet that makes her enemies cringe, if not shit-in-their-pants. That is power, my friend. Pure, bold, unaltered power. Simply the most significant difference between the two.

- Tak
Actually Durandal wasn't enemies cringe nor if not shit-in-their-pants, he was play chess.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 00:01   Link #42
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo
Actually Durandal wasn't enemies cringe nor if not shit-in-their-pants, he was play chess.
Right, then he had a 'WTF' face when he saw Lacus overpowering Meer on TV, and everything goes downhill for him from there (like being shot by his own 'adopted' son). Fitting punishment for someone who didn't take Lacus seriously.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 00:08   Link #43
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

You seem to really love Lacus, Tak. Meh, I think Relena is better looking.
"There's one more thing required to attain total peace: a strong heart that can empathize with people! Like yours... You're too pure and kind, but I guess that's what gives you the right to live. I'm going to live right to the bitter end! I'll live the hard life of a warrior! 'Till we meet again, Heero!"

-Zechs "Lightning Count" Marquis
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 00:18   Link #44
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
You seem to really love Lacus, Tak. Meh, I think Relena is better looking.
Well, Lacus sings great (which is always a plus) and has CDs I can buy

And what a waste, with Heero never going official with her. I had to endure one of the worst romantic tensions ever in a Gundam franchise as I watched Wing. Geez, talk about pain.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-22, 00:21   Link #45
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
And what a waste, with Heero never going official with her. I had to endure one of the worst romantic tensions ever in a Gundam franchise as I watched Wing. Geez, talk about pain.

- Tak
I think it is offcial. Remember the end of endless watz?
"There's one more thing required to attain total peace: a strong heart that can empathize with people! Like yours... You're too pure and kind, but I guess that's what gives you the right to live. I'm going to live right to the bitter end! I'll live the hard life of a warrior! 'Till we meet again, Heero!"

Old 2006-07-22, 00:27   Link #46
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I think it is offcial. Remember the end of endless watz?
Of course I remember Waltz. I expected some AFFECTION on behalf of Heero! But no, he just stared at her at the end and left! Wha?

I mean... damn, can't he do a little more than that? ok, maybe buying Relena flowers is out of the question, but geez, don't just walk away. You know, its not a coincidence that some people think the five Gundam pilots from Wing are gay.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-22, 00:33   Link #47
grandmaster192

This might sound crazy but I hate all 5 gundam pilots from Wing and Wings my favorite season! I wouldn't call them gay tho............

Old 2006-07-22, 00:40   Link #48
cyoti

Quote:
Thats not true. Heero didn't overpower anything.
The gundam pilots were the sole reason that the Eve Wars didn't result in an ice age and mutually assured destruction for both sides.

Quote:
It's not like Relena just overpowerd OZ. She used her peacecraft name and negotiation skills.
What are you talking about? The only reason that Oz and Romefeller didn't have her executed was because she was more useful to them as a figure head and because she was Zechs sister.

Quote:
Lacus just sent in Kira and Athrun to blow up anything ZAFT
And then stepped in and mediated the peace between the two sides. Overall Lacus Clyne did far more than Relena whose only contribution was doing nothing while her supporters died, selling them out by joining Romefeller and getting locked up on Libra.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 00:42   Link #49
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
You know, its not a coincidence that some people think the five Gundam pilots from Wing are gay.
You mean they aren't? All this time I thought there was something between Quatre and Trowa and Treize and Wu Fei.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 00:45   Link #50
grandmaster192

Is there any need for the Wing bashing???

Old 2006-07-22, 00:47   Link #51
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Is there any need for the Wing bashing???
Well, I like Wing... heh

- Tak
Old 2006-07-22, 00:53   Link #52
grandmaster192

Zechs alone makes Wing my favorite anime. Anything Zechs is in is my favorite. Endless Waltz is my Favorite Movie ever!!!!!!

Old 2006-07-22, 01:03   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
With all due respect, my points were quite simple, really.

1. Lacus doesn't get herself kidnapped, since she doesn't attempt things alone, if ever.

2. Lacus made sure she had a back up plan when trying anything.

3. Lacus has a (for the lack of a better phrase) big-ass-fleet. The kinda fleet that makes her enemies cringe, if not shit-in-their-pants. That is power, my friend. Pure, bold, unaltered power. Simply the most significant difference between the two.

And yes, they are really alike, its just the way they achieve their goals is different. They could be really good friends, so as long as they don't bring up politics, then all hell breaks loose.

- Tak
Releena had Heero w/ his colony destroyer buster rifle ;D
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 01:10   Link #54
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
Releena had Heero w/ his colony destroyer buster rifle ;D
Kira can go beam crazy to. He wipes out anything. Just like Heero. The Only difference is Zechs got in Heero's way. Shinn sometimes gets in Kira's way, but not like Zechs does heero.

Old 2006-07-22, 08:17   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Its true that Relena has Heero, but its only because he choose to do so, she never planed that. She was surprised like heck that Heero didnt kill her and protected her from falling house fragments in early eps.

And thats the difference between the two - Relena gets lucky that someone decides to fight for her cause, she didnt plan that. Lacus on the other hand has 2 best pilots and best MS of CE at her disposal for her backup.

Lacus : think/plan> act
Relena : > act

Thats the difference
Old 2006-07-22, 09:54   Link #56
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall

Lacus : think/plan> act
Relena : > act

Thats the difference
*Sigh* Thats what I've kept on saying for the past few posts. Finally someone who truely understands me! *hugs Skyfall*

- Tak
Old 2006-07-22, 18:08   Link #57
artquest7@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigah
When the crew goes out shopping, and Lacus is trying on clothes, what exactly are Kira and Athrun chatting about? Is there a popular opinion?

kira and lacus are discussing how many plot holes there are in this seires and also talking about the fact that they may not return to play their roles in the next season of CE. But then lacus reminds kira of all the $$$ they are getting and that they are both in the top 5 of the character rankings. So kira gives into lacus and they decide that they will return for season 3. No matter how much fukuda skrews it up.

Seriously I have no idea what they were saying.. :/ Yeah this was a total waste of time but when I saw the title of this thread I couldn't resist posting.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 20:14   Link #58
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
umm if I recall, Athrun was just worried about the security. He felt going shopping like this was a risk. Kira told him to chill and that he trusts him. That shut Athrun up but kept him grumpy because his friends seemed to take their situation not serious enough.

As for the Lacus vs Relena influence debate, I have to agree with Tak. Lacus actually tried to stay out of politics, but her imposter showed how much influence her presence alone has. When Lacus DOES decide to intervene she does a serious and thorough job. I like that about her. No defeating the enemy then letting them go to fight another day. No stupid "pleads" to reason only to get captured and no sending in her boyfriend and waiting to see what comes of it.

She was sitting on the other side of that chess board tearing through Durandal's pieces.

Spec Ops team - fragged
ZAFT invasion fleet - fragged
3 battleships that chased her - fragged
ZAFT defense fleet - fragged
Minerva - fragged
Destiny - fragged
Legend - fragged
Impulse - owned but spared
Requiem - fragged
Messiah - fragged

check mate
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 20:52   Link #59
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
umm if I recall, Athrun was just worried about the security. He felt going shopping like this was a risk. Kira told him to chill and that he trusts him. That shut Athrun up but kept him grumpy because his friends seemed to take their situation not serious enough.

As for the Lacus vs Relena influence debate, I have to agree with Tak. Lacus actually tried to stay out of politics, but her imposter showed how much influence her presence alone has. When Lacus DOES decide to intervene she does a serious and thorough job. I like that about her. No defeating the enemy then letting them go to fight another day. No stupid "pleads" to reason only to get captured and no sending in her boyfriend and waiting to see what comes of it.

She was sitting on the other side of that chess board tearing through Durandal's pieces.

Spec Ops team - fragged
ZAFT invasion fleet - fragged
3 battleships that chased her - fragged
ZAFT defense fleet - fragged
Minerva - fragged
Destiny - fragged
Legend - fragged
Impulse - owned but spared
Requiem - fragged
Messiah - fragged

check mate

Lacus and company didn't win by overpowering ZAFT alone, thanks to Durandal announcing the Destiny plan and use Requiem to destroy the Arzachel lunar base some of Zaft force defected to her side. If she would with attack before then or Durandal didn't announce the Destiny plan things would have been different.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:13   Link #60
grandmaster192

Quote:
Its true that Relena has Heero, but its only because he choose to do so, she never planed that. She was surprised like heck that Heero didnt kill her and protected her from falling house fragments in early eps.
it's the same with Lacus. the episode Kira first got his freedom it was his choice to fight for what Lacus wanted.

Quote:
Lacus on the other hand has 2 best pilots and best MS of CE at her disposal for her backup.
And Relena had two of the best pilots and MS of her era backing her up. Heero and Zechs.....Wing Zero and Tallgeese III