AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 16:53   Link #101
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Wow an actual response that furthers the debate...Imagine that....Given DESTINYs unrivaled speed in this area, an attack utilizing WoL at it's full potential could be amazing(Obviously grunts can't really be counted since GSD grunts rank as the worst in Gundam)....The speed factor plus the image factor could be nearly unstoppable (Not that it would work on everyone, but couldn't it be tried?)...I'm not sure if just because you read MC emissions that you can hit it...I mean it still has an unpredictable element to it...I don't think it was ever used to the max...While it's an illusionary effect, to those who don't and probably wouldn't use any sensors when facing it for the first time why isn't it more effective?? Because Kira is Kira is the easy answer...because Shinn is an idiot pilot is even easier...But when it comes to dodging beam sprays (like the ones in Final Plus) that technique should be even better I think...If it's capable of doing just 1% of what F-91 can do it could have showcased that particular skill much better (But I will admit dodging Kira's dragoons and beam sprays only using it minimally is somewhat impressive, I can't expect Shinn to dodge what seems like 10,000 shots and still dodge a railgun aswell)...The science is as such a joke if a technique that drains your energy like WoL after-images is that futile of a technique...Again if this should be a pretty viable technique...Is S-F WoL draining his nuclear reactor?? Obviously not since it's just mascara...I know it's hard to stop throwing perfect spirals with these nerf footballs but it's all a bit unsettling to me...
After thinking about it some more, they don't seem to produce that many images anyway. Probably about 5 at most at the same time, and they don't last long enough. It's kind of like the way mouse pointer trails would act, basically the real object would always be ahead of its images. So that's probably why they would not be as effective as they could be against above average opponents. So, as I think someone said earlier, the best way for Destiny to fully utilize its after image is to backtrack once in a while. Then again, seeing as how Destiny is used mainly as a melee fighter, Destiny would have to close in to deal some effective damage. This means what the opponent would have to do is keep up with the lead image. With a good pilot and a fast enough mobile suit with a good mid-long range arsenal (like Strike Freedom) or a good close range armaments (like Infinite Justice), they could at least somewhat keep up with Destiny's movement.

And as for the real topic of this thread, Strike Freedom's WoL: Well, like I said before, it does more on the looks department than anything else since Strike Freedom does fine without it.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:58   Link #102
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
And as for the real topic of this thread, Strike Freedom's WoL: Well, like I said before, it does more on the looks department than anything else since Strike Freedom does fine without it.
I don't know. I'm starting to think that SF without it's dragoons becomes faster. Would more booster=more speed?
Old 2006-07-19, 17:05   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Then what's the point monstert? Why even incorporate something that kills your battery if it's a hinderance more than a help? To kill grunts inwhich the sheer overpoweredness of the Gundam itself is enuff?? With DESTINYs incredible speed this technique can be awesome...A mouse-pointer doesn't move in sonic booms..and being able to follow that lead image from a cockpit perspective (factoring in DESTINYs speed) is speculative at best...
Old 2006-07-19, 17:06   Link #104
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
I don't know. I'm starting to think that SF without it's dragoons becomes faster. Would more booster=more speed?
It should, but the inconsistencies I noted in my earlier post is just too big for me to accept those "thrusters" do much good.
Old 2006-07-19, 17:11   Link #105
monster

Quote:
Then what's the point monstert? Why even incorporate something that kills your battery if it's a hinderance more than a help? To kill grunts inwhich the sheer overpoweredness of the Gundam itself is enuff?? With DESTINYs increduble speed this technique can be awesome...A mouse-pointer doesn't move in sonic booms..and being able to follow that lead image from a cockpit perspective (factoring DESTINYs speed) is speculative at best...
Uhm, because it works? Just not all the time. And besides, isn't this technology supposed to be new to ZAFT? They can't all be perfect the first time through.

And if you're going to say how Terminal's technology seems to work all the time, then I'll argue that most of their technology may have been tested more than Destiny's wings of light. And that Strike Freedom's wings of light doesn't do as much so it's "flaw" may not be as apparent.
Old 2006-07-19, 17:20   Link #106
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I was just thinking.....Is the SF's WOF what makes the Draggons fly of the wings??? It's gotta be there for something.
Old 2006-07-19, 17:22   Link #107
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Whether you like my elegant wordplay or not you are incapable of matching it...So stop trying and just address the questions...I didn't assert absolutness...I just provided a good case(and basically explained the merit of my argument)...If your only comeback consists of deflecting it's really just a means to an end...stillmissing was able to engage me on an academic level with my findings if you read his post (I'm sure others can aswell as I've heard no straight dissing of my debate), but you? Nooooooooooooo.....There are questions being asked here...It's not a ridiculous assertion in the slightest if your intent is more than to ignore...What's worse having to rely on sensors or having to rely on your own eyes??(When fighting and after-image based Gundam) I made a very clear comparison for you to evaluate and give an answer...Are you not bright enuff to understand and//or give an answer?? I think you're more than capable...So either give a good response or don't step up to the podium...Ignoring and deflecting does not work on wingdarkness...
So I guess you're trying to say you do believe the nonsense you spew out? Others have already answered it here. Destiny's after image is merely a quick optical illusion (and I still say it's just a cute animation trick given it's uselessness when it counted). I liken it to the shadow trail that followed Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat when you did his special move. The Gundam is always in front, so a good pilot with heightened senses like SEED and a fast Gundam with good reaction time should be able to counter Destiny's "shadow motion," as I'm now going to call it, rather easily by just staying ahead. It's really not surprising that it was useless against real opponents because it's not at all designed to be used the same way F-91's true after image function was used, which actually remained after the Gundam moved and didn't just follow it around like Johnny Cage's shadow kick.

And quit dropping the "you can't debate on the same level as me" card whenever you're backed against the wall and forced to rationalize your own silly opinions. Your pathetic reverse psychology won't work on be because I don't come on here to have collegiate, intellectual discussions about a hobby. Maybe you do, in which case, , but I'd appreciate you knock off the condescending BS.
Old 2006-07-19, 17:43   Link #108
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Uhm, because it works? Just not all the time. And besides, isn't this technology supposed to be new to ZAFT? They can't all be perfect the first time through.

And if you're going to say how Terminal's technology seems to work all the time, then I'll argue that most of their technology may have been tested more than Destiny's wings of light. And that Strike Freedom's wings of light doesn't do as much so it's "flaw" may not be as apparent.
Well that is a good point (The fact that it is new technology, perhaps flawed somewhat)...I can get with that despite my misgivings...Good to see some people still like to actually advance a discussion (Gotta love these indirect insults xD)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWan
And quit dropping the "you can't debate on the same level as me" card whenever you're backed against the wall and forced to rationalize your own silly opinions.
I don't come on here to have collegiate, intellectual discussions about a hobby
Well atleast I try...I put myself out there and spark good discussion...i don't know $hit just comes outta my head really easy...It's odd that you are the only one in this thread smart enuff to see thru me ... No one else is saying what you are saying (Which is possibly always the case), I fall into this trap quite often when thinking I can debate you... Oh well... I'm now wondering if a hobby is something you should be good at or not ...

Gets an autograph from Johnny Cage^^ and I didn't even get my a$$ kicked to get it...
Old 2006-07-19, 20:47   Link #109
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores

Anyways, in a way, I'd say Strike Freedom should be a little faster since it loses a bit of weight from the Dragoons. According to Honda, lighter = faster.
I don't think it's anything to do with the actual 'wings of light' though.
Old 2006-07-19, 20:59   Link #110
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores

Anyways, in a way, I'd say Strike Freedom should be a little faster since it loses a bit of weight from the Dragoons. According to Honda, lighter = faster.
I don't think it's anything to do with the actual 'wings of light' though.

You be right if SF was on earth.
Closed Thread