AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 20:39   Link #1
Lichtkrieg
lost member

Send a message via MSN to Lichtkrieg Send a message via Skype™ to Lichtkrieg
A must?

Hey there. I'm kinda new to J-pop and I was wondering if you guys think there is a Must. Something someone should absolutely hear to understand essence of J-pop. That was deep

And please, don't just list all your favorites bands. I would rather know why you think a band in particular represent a facet of modern japanese music.
Old 2006-07-22, 01:32   Link #2
miaka

if you like to know what's hot in japanese music check oricon chart. Its similar with US's Billboard. However, its in japanese.
I can't point to particular band/artist that represent modern japanese music because i am only expose to j-dorama/anime music theme, however i can recomend some of my favorite artists/band.
Kinki Kids - They are duo idol boy band. Their voice blends very well.
SMAP - also another popular idol boy band. They sang their song with their own style and personality. A must hear is "Sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana".
RAG FAIR - they sang their song in a cappella.
Spitz - their songs were featured in Honey and Clover as insert songs ( sakana, hachimitsu, nakayoshi). Their style ranged from pop to rock with 80's accent.
Ayumi Hamasaki - very influential japanese idols.
Koda Kumi - most of her song performance are coupled with dance and sexy outfit, and most of her fans are men of all ages.
zard - Her voice is very chrispy and lively. I love most of her songs.
Dreams come true - a must hear "love love love".
Do as Infinity - they sang some Inuyasya's theme. They started as street artists, but currently already disband.
Closed Thread