AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-20, 16:56   Link #61
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Well the kyuubis affinity must be fire. So lets brainstorm and see what affinities can be created by combining wind & fire.

Wind can spread fire....

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 16:59   Link #62
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTwilightx
I dont think that is really the case. That would mean you would need a blood line limit for ANY kind of combination jutsus, but from the manga people can do combo jutsus without being in a given bloodline. They just cant do specialized jutsu of a given clan.
Can we count the Ice Dragon Jutsu? That was in the movie. My translation says Something like a bloodline limit. Taste like, smells like, and something like doesn't mean is. If combining jutsus mean that the resulting element is a "genetic" trait of combining them, then, that means that everyone can combine elements if they have two or more, right?
Old 2006-07-20, 17:06   Link #63
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Send a message via AIM to xTwilightx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
Can we count the Ice Dragon Jutsu? That was in the movie. My translation says Something like a bloodline limit. Taste like, smells like, and something like doesn't mean is. If combining jutsus mean that the resulting element is a "genetic" trait of combining them, then, that means that everyone can combine elements if they have two or more, right?
I like that the combination of 2 elements does not take any genetic specialty, but to use a special technique held by a clan, you need to have the genes of that clan.
xTwilightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:09   Link #64
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:

image from Leafninja.com

That is the chakra wheel for naruto right there.
It goes starting at the top and moving clockwise: fire, earth, lightning, water, wind
Hm I thought it would work but it seems it might not now. Because that would alow someone to use only 3 elements at the same time. No way to use 3 Ellements at a same time without gettign one element that will counter an otehr element you are also using.

But i would specualte ANruto's 2nd element would be Earth.

Because Of Sasuke:
Fire (main) Lighting (second)
Yamato:
Earth (main) Water (second)

Specualtions for Kakashi:
Lightning (main) Wind (second)
Naruto:
Wind (main) Earth (second)
Old 2006-07-20, 17:11   Link #65
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
I like that the combination of 2 elements does not take any genetic specialty, but to use a special technique held by a clan, you need to have the genes of that clan.
So that means that anyone that has a wind affinity and water affinity can do ice, but, of course, not the ice mirrors?
Old 2006-07-20, 17:12   Link #66
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
. If combining jutsus mean that the resulting element is a "genetic" trait of combining them, then, that means that everyone can combine elements if they have two or more, right?
It seems not, let me take the excerpt of the translation:
Quote:
Yamato: 二つの "性質変化" を持ってる場合、それぞれを独立して使うのは大して難しくない
When you have two elements that you can control,
it's not very difficult to use them separately
Yamato: だけど二つの "性質変化" を同時に発生させるとなると話は別・・・
But it's a totally different story when it comes to using both together...
Kakashi: 二つの "性質変化" を同時に扱い、新たな "性質変化" を生み出す力を・・・
The ability to control two elements simultaneously
and create a new element to manipulate...

Page 08
Kakashi: "血継限界" って言うんだよ。その言い方ぐらいは聞いたことあるだろ?
That's what's called a "Kekkei Genkai" (lit. limit of the blood-line)
You've at least heard this term right?
In other words a "normal" person can Manipulate more than one, it was Said that Jounnins handles 2, but only separately , but mixing up 2 base elements, and create a New Element is a specific Bloodline trait. Hope this clear up things
Old 2006-07-20, 17:15   Link #67
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
So that means that anyone that has a wind affinity and water affinity can do ice, but, of course, not the ice mirrors?
Based on the definition, not everyone can, but if they can, then they will be considered as having something like a bloodline limit.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:17   Link #68
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Quote:
I believe so, but Uchiha has a point, it may also mean that to actually combined them you need a bloodline limit, but that wouldnt explain ALL bloodline limits.
Old 2006-07-20, 17:18   Link #69
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
It seems not, let me take the excerpt of the translation:

In other words a "normal" person can Manipulate more than one, it was Said that Jounnins handles 2, but only separately , but mixing up 2 base elements, and create a New Element is a specific Bloodline trait. Hope this clear up things
So that means that the whole ice country on the movie is bull****. Or is there really an ice country in the manga. It's been so long ago that I've forgotten. Because if there is an ice country, that means that the whole village is a village full of people with that bloodline limit.
Old 2006-07-20, 17:20   Link #70
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
So that means that the whole ice country on the movie is bull****. Or is there really an ice country in the manga. It's been so long ago that I've forgotten. Because if there is an ice country, that means that the whole village is a village full of people with that bloodline limit.
Well, I think I’m not the correct person to ask that, because for me, anything invented outside the Manga and/or Databook is Bull.

Quote:
I believe so, but Uchiha has a point, it may also mean that to actually combined them you need a bloodline limit, but that wouldnt explain ALL bloodline limits.
IT would not explain them because of the little information we got, Saze made an observation about the possibilities son pages back.

Maybe Kishi explain later on the differences between something like Kimis Bones or Byakugan eye, and creating a new Element.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-07-20 at 17:31.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:23   Link #71
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Well, I think I’m not the correct person to ask that, because for me, anything invented outside the Manga and/or Databook is Bull.
LOL. I feel the same way. But, I can't remember if Haku was part of Ice Country or Snow Country, or whatever. I'm trying to piece together that particular setting. I got the manga and anime mixed because I remember Haku talking to his mom or something and she hated the fact that he could manipulate ice.
Old 2006-07-20, 17:25   Link #72
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Kishi hasnt really told use about his position on the fillers or movies, but because he hasnt said they arnt part of the NArutoverse, i will incorporate them i guess. (unlike with DBZ where they explicitly say the movies do not occur along side the show)

anyways here is a map of the continents of Naruto

http://leafninja.com/country.php
Old 2006-07-20, 17:25   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Okay, someone mentioned something about the ice element, as opposed to the ice country. I read a translation that said that combining water and wind was the foundation of the ice element (I don't know if it was suppose to say ice mirrors or whatever). So, are they saying that in order to bring forth a new nature such as wood, you have to have a bloodline limit? Because, if that's the case, then that kind of throws Naruto Movie 1 in to major goof up limbo doesn't it? Because they had an ice country.
Yes that's what they're saying and yes that's a big slap for the movie.
But it's not like the movies/OAV made much senses to begin with so who care?

Haku was part of the Water Country.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:36   Link #74
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Yes that's what they're saying and yes that's a big slap for the movie.
But it's not like the movies/OAV made much senses to begin with so who care?

Haku was part of the Water Country.
Thanks for the clear up, Hunter. I'm understanding everything now.
Old 2006-07-20, 17:39   Link #75
tatami
back in black

if using both types together,and it is related to kekkei genkai then shodaime had a bloodline,then it makes tsunade also had bloodline too?hahah mokuton tsunade...
Old 2006-07-20, 17:46   Link #76
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
if using both types together,and it is related to kekkei genkai then shodaime had a bloodline,then it makes tsunade also had bloodline too?hahah mokuton tsunade...
No, because she can't do it as far as we know.
Old 2006-07-20, 17:50   Link #77
yangxu

Does bloodline allow you to summon combined elemental jutsu right away? From what Yamato did, it appears that he has to concentrate two types of elemental chakra on two separate hands before the wood jutsu comes out, but for Haku, all he needs to do is use one handed seal and he could summon ice attacks, is that an advantage for those who have bloodlines or is Haku just naturally good at focusing two types of chakra in one hand to do a higher level elemental jutsu?
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:50   Link #78
tatami
back in black

Quote:
No, because she can't do it as far as we know.
but she have a bloodline also nidaime too...it comes to genes that bloodline ability isnt it?maybe tsunade is a dropout?lol...

well i dont think that combining 2 element creates a bloodline but bloodline makes it easier?possible?
Old 2006-07-20, 17:54   Link #79
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
but she have a bloodline also nidaime too...it comes to genes that bloodline ability isnt it?maybe tsunade is a dropout?lol...

well i dont think that combining 2 element creates a bloodline but bloodline makes it easier?possible?
Who knows why Tsunade did not inherited his Grandfather abilities, most probably His genes where not that strong, as His brother Nindaime could not do it either (But Nindaime was strong in Water Elemental that its one of the base of Wood elemental).
Old 2006-07-20, 18:05   Link #80
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Who knows why Tsunade did not inherited his Grandfather abilities, most probably His genes where not that strong, as His brother Nindaime could not do it either (But Nindaime was strong in Water Elemental that its one of the base of Wood elemental).
maybe u r correct i just remembered that little sasuke talked to aunt or something who wasnt seem like a shinobi neither his mom...