AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-03-04, 00:35   Link #821
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Except he was supposed to do that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 04:13   Link #822
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/89/

Melancholy the eighty-ninth. Mori: Acting the Part.
Old 2010-03-06, 00:03   Link #823
Tabasco

That has to be the most harassed stage crew in the history of theater with Haruhi leading the performance.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:52   Link #824
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/90/

Melancholy the ninetieth. Student Council President: Forever.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/91/

Melancholy the ninety-first. Sakanaka: Chronicle.
Old 2010-03-07, 01:46   Link #825
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/91/

Melancholy the ninety-first. Sakanaka: Chronicle.
Awesome.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... desu desu...
Old 2010-03-07, 02:05   Link #826
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Seems like the minor characters are getting their own Little Melancholies now

Fujiwara's was anti-climatic and funny. Sakanaka... Well, you gotta read it for yourself
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 23:45   Link #827
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/92/

Melancholy the ninety-second. Arakawa: On Refusing to Retire.
Old 2010-03-07, 23:55   Link #828
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Reminds me a lot of the Bartender anime, good stuff.

I've been reading the Little Melancholies on FF.net for a while, but I'm a terrible reviewer, and far too sparse with them as well too, it seems. Even so, allow me to say that I've been greatly enjoying this series, and I think you've been doing a magnificent job in rising to the challenge of capturing these characters and events in 101 words. It will be a bittersweet occasion when you finally hit 101, but it's been an amazing journey.
Old 2010-03-08, 00:02   Link #829
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Reminds me a lot of the Bartender anime, good stuff.
I must confess that I adore that anime and the manga as well, so it was a definite influence. Arakawa seemed like the proper classy gent for it.

Quote:
I've been reading the Little Melancholies on FF.net for a while, but I'm a terrible reviewer, and far too sparse with them as well too, it seems. Even so, allow me to say that I've been greatly enjoying this series, and I think you've been doing a magnificent job in rising to the challenge of capturing these characters and events in 101 words. It will be a bittersweet occasion when you finally hit 101, but it's been an amazing journey.
Thank you, that means a lot to me! In truth, I'm surprised people have been reviewing these little blurbs in the first place, so don't worry about that at all. There's one fellow who reviews literally every single melancholy--I think because he was so shocked and pleased to notice my mention of Basque poems, he himself being Basque and that not being a commonly acknowledged culture--but otherwise every comment is a pleasant surprise.

I'm very glad you have enjoyed these. I too feel just the tiniest bit of sadness at the looming approach of the final melancholy...but this will also be a big step forward for me, as after a significant personal slump in my recent past, I have never been able to finish an extended project. The monkey will be off my back this way...and who knows, I may do a series of 101-word shorts in another fandom some day?

In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy the end of this little adventure as much as I have enjoyed presenting it. =)
Old 2010-03-08, 10:55   Link #830
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:

I'm very glad you have enjoyed these. I too feel just the tiniest bit of sadness at the looming approach of the final melancholy...but this will also be a big step forward for me, as after a significant personal slump in my recent past, I have never been able to finish an extended project. The monkey will be off my back this way...and who knows, I may do a series of 101-word shorts in another fandom some day?
Waitaminute, what? Little Melancholies will stop at 101 Melancholies? I never knew that...
Old 2010-03-09, 00:35   Link #831
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Waitaminute, what? Little Melancholies will stop at 101 Melancholies? I never knew that...
Yep. 101 stories of 101 words each. I was originally thinking of doing a whole year, but I think 365 is just too much for me. The word counts may not be much, but since I've stripped away an extensive narrative and am left with character studies, well. I've considered myself 'strapped' for ideas pretty much since the 60 mark and everything since has been done on vapors. A year of melancholies would be the death of me.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/93/

Melancholy the ninety-third. CCP: Ultimate Showdown, Ultimate Destiny
Old 2010-03-09, 01:48   Link #832
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I C WUT U DID THAR.

XD

Nice title for such an entity.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 02:56   Link #833
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!

You made me bleed my own blood!
... desu desu...
Old 2010-03-10, 01:10   Link #834
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/94/

Melancholy the ninety-fourth. Sasaki: The Melancholy of Sasaki.
Old 2010-03-10, 01:30   Link #835
ijuinkun

That makes me wonder about the club that Sasaki would form by choice, as opposed to the "Anti-SOS-dan", who appointed themselves.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 11:04   Link #836
s07195
Glomp fail

Quote:
Yep. 101 stories of 101 words each. I was originally thinking of doing a whole year, but I think 365 is just too much for me. The word counts may not be much, but since I've stripped away an extensive narrative and am left with character studies, well. I've considered myself 'strapped' for ideas pretty much since the 60 mark and everything since has been done on vapors. A year of melancholies would be the death of me.

8 more to go, and you haven't written a lot of character interactions yet right?
Old 2010-03-11, 01:06   Link #837
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/95/

Melancholy the ninety-fifth. Tsuruya: Meticulous.
Old 2010-03-11, 09:13   Link #838
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
While I'm a bit disappointed that Little Melancholies can't go on longer, I understand your pain and the difficulty of coming up with them. Doing 101 stories is already a huge feat, especially since the word count must be exactly 101 words. I can't even begin to imagine how much time you spent trying to correct words into that count

Quote:

In the words of Mikuru-chan, HONYO~~~!!!

Quote:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/94/

Melancholy the ninety-fourth. Sasaki: The Melancholy of Sasaki.
I have a feeling the series won't be so successful if we started with the Anti-SOS Brigade instead of our lovable SOS Brigade now
Old 2010-03-12, 01:54   Link #839
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Well, it's not like I'll be falling off the face of the planet. I still have Unraveling to finish, and the actual take on Haru when time permits. It's just that I gave myself a clear goal, and I want to hit it and say that I finished the project. While I'm flattered that you have enjoyed this enough to want more, I have personal reasons why, for the immediate future, 101 has to be the mark.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5562268/96/

Melancholy the ninety-sixth. Mikuru: Present.

Home stretch let me fly mommyyyyyyyy~!
Old 2010-03-12, 02:34   Link #840
Kogetsu Shirogane
Desu desu!

So subtle, you can't even tell she's doing anything!
... desu desu...

Tags
fanfiction