AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-15, 21:15   Link #561
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
That's what I never understood if they had spare chest flyer's, leg flyer's and the silouette packs why not have spare core splendor's just in case. Were they so hard to manufacture that there can be only one that seems unlikely so why no extras.
I always thought they did. I was thinking they didn't launce more then 1 Impulse because thier stupid. Guess I was wrong.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 23:07   Link #562
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Think:

Impulse + no name/grunts = grunts on those crappy windhams

Also.. No point mass producing the Impulse, its supposed to be used by a pro pilot with all its interchangeable parts to suit any combat situations.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 23:33   Link #563
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
That's what I never understood if they had spare chest flyer's, leg flyer's and the silouette packs why not have spare core splendor's just in case. Were they so hard to manufacture that there can be only one that seems unlikely so why no extras.
Well. If you remember in SEED they had enough spare parts to build a 2nd Strike aswell. A rule in Gundam is infinite spare parts. Even if the MS/MA isn´t originally stationed on the ship.

But I´m sure that would have been a sight. Freedom fighting not one but two(!) Impulse´s.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:15   Link #564
neilz
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I think the reason they have a spare (2nd Strike) because the Strike itself is still in its testing phase (until coordinators started to use them which boosted the process).

-Was impulse made the same time the other gundams? (Gaia, Savior etc.)
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:42   Link #565
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Well episode one was the first time Shinn piloted IMPULSE other than simulations so I think it's safe to assume all the new Gundams were created around the same time...I wonder who GAIA and company were suppose to be for?? Wasn't MINERVA supposed to house one those Gundams aswell?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:46   Link #566
ChibiAlpha
Dorkus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
But I´m sure that would have been a sight. Freedom fighting not one but two(!) Impulse´s.
It was close enough with all the part switching and launching extra parts into Freedom.
ChibiAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:49   Link #567
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Well episode one was the first time Shinn piloted IMPULSE other than simulations so I think it's safe to assume all the new Gundams were created around the same time...I wonder who GAIA and company were suppose to be for?? Wasn't MINERVA supposed to house one those Gundams aswell?
Destiny Astray begs to differ.

Impulse was supposed to be the 2nd Generation Gundam's prime suit, and considering it's deployment methods, (( and Dullindal expecting the other suits to get to stolen since he leaked info on all except Impulse )) it's safe to say that Impulse got special treatment. Considering one of the pilots, Mare Strode got pwned by Stellar in the hangar, the others were probably the ones chosen to pilot it. Well, more like the unlucky ones chosen to die for a Dullindal's coordinated and predestined Destiny World.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 00:59   Link #568
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Well I look at Destiny ASTRAY like this...any info that makes sense and can help my argument i may or may not use...any info that's totally unbelievable in the hopes of making GSD's plot-holes less horrible I pretty much ignore (Lowe saving Kira in STRIKE is good example of this, because in the anime it is impossible for that to have occured to me)...

What so Dully leaked the Armory 1 info??? Wow he's soooo evil xD...[/satire]

So does DESTINY ASTRAY talk about Dully leaking the info? I forgot...More to the point does it explain anything concearning him picking Shinn as pilot over Rey...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 01:24   Link #569
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chaos, Gaia and Abyss were all three intended for Yzak, Dearka and Shiho because obviously any Gundam with an unconfirmed pilot is automatically reserved for other good pilots that already exist.

Of course this isn't true at all, I'm merely remarking on the logic used by the idiots who continue to perpetuate the ridiculous fan rumor that Freedom was for Yzak.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 04:42   Link #570
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Chaos, Gaia and Abyss were all three intended for Yzak, Dearka and Shiho because obviously any Gundam with an unconfirmed pilot is automatically reserved for other good pilots that already exist.
You cant put Yzak ina MS unless you rank him down a bit, since hes allready a commander of his own unit. And we dont know jack about Shiho, in anime we saw her like 3 times maybe for 5 sec total, 1 of them being in ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well I look at Destiny ASTRAY like this...any info that makes sense and can help my argument i may or may not use...any info that's totally unbelievable in the hopes of making GSD's plot-holes less horrible I pretty much ignore (Lowe saving Kira in STRIKE is good example of this, because in the anime it is impossible for that to have occured to me)...
QFT x100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Think:

Impulse + no name/grunts = grunts on those crappy windhams
Well, i doubt Athrun / Rey / Luna are considered Noname/grunts (Tho Luna might come close )
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 05:06   Link #571
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
You cant put Yzak ina MS unless you rank him down a bit, since hes allready a commander of his own unit.
So was Rau when he got Providence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 05:37   Link #572
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
any info that's totally unbelievable in the hopes of making GSD's plot-holes less horrible I pretty much ignore (Lowe saving Kira in STRIKE is good example of this, because in the anime it is impossible for that to have occured to me)...
Bad example, WD. That particular plotpoint was devised before the anime or the manga was even released. It was not a plot hole, but an intentional link to the manga from the anime to improve sales of both.
(It was not written very well, but still, if you are going to ignore plot-points just because it is badly written, you might as well claim GSD doesn't have an ending.)

If you are going to refuse to believe Astray information, that's your choice. But then you can't use this incomplete view of the world for arguments with the rest of us. Official information is canon, and that's all there is to it.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 05:39   Link #573
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
I think Rau is a bit different case, and i do think that he himself planned the Providence - he thought that he could use remote weapons (DRAGOONS) because Mwu could do it. The ZAFT wouldnt build something like Providence out of the blue, because normal humans cant controll DRAGOONS (this is not the case with Legend tho, as stated by Dully ), and i dont think that anyone else knows about Rau's new-typeish abilities, so i pretty much think he himself asked for Providence to be built. And seeing how he is the right hand of Zala he got his wish granted.

I dont think than under normal circumstances would ZAFT build a MS and then place a Commander in it
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:14   Link #574
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Whyever not? He had his personal MS in the first eps of Seed, he later on got a... what's it called? GuAIZ? And then he got Providence.

For that matter, Yzak had his own MS in GSD, and then got a GOUF. Commanders get first dibs on MS, not last.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:34   Link #575
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV
Bad example, WD. That particular plotpoint was devised before the anime or the manga was even released.
I'm gonna need some type of proof to believe that...I'm not even sure if what you said makes any sense...A better explanation por favor...

Quote:
(It was not written very well, but still, if you are going to ignore plot-points just because it is badly written, you might as well claim GSD doesn't have an ending.)
When it is really bad in writing, execution, and presentation I find it hard to accept (Like Lowe saving Kira)....I mean it exists, but I don't have to respect it...I still say he teleported via Malchio's wizardry^^...


Quote:
If you are going to refuse to believe Astray information, that's your choice. But then you can't use this incomplete view of the world for arguments with the rest of us .Official information is canon, and that's all there is to it.
Nah...I reject canon from time to time, or did you not see my Final Plus verbal assault...I don't do this on a whim mind you, only when it is ridiculously illogical to me and I clearly see it was never orginally intended (In terms of the anime)....Canon is stupid as hell sometimes too...I think I'm one of the rare people that can make good points and still reject what I find logically contempt (Like Shinn in Final Plus whose canon ending was never ever meant to go in that direction but had to because of production horribleness) ...The manga trying to retrofit production errors in the anime doesn't sit well with me...So I pick and choose between $hit I find relevant and $hit I find irrelevant (Which means if it's done well and with no super inexplicable illogical taint to it I'm down)...The key, is me being able to explain myself clearly, showing you the illogical aspects and putting the pressure on you to either nerf your own brain or think for yourself via good arguments...So with that I stand by what I said earlier...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:26   Link #576
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Frankly, I don't see how Lowe had a hand in helping Kira is bad writing. Out of the hole perhaps, but no more ridiculous than saying Kira had a twin brother named Canard who wanted him dead and Miguel's Defrock which was 3 times as fast caused his loss to Kira.

And if the idea that manga retrofitting/adding dimension to the series bothers you so much, you're better off never watching something called Gundam. Gundam had always done this since time immemorial. Char and Haman's unexplained and horribly developed with only a few sentences and one newtype mind probe of a picture summed up their relationship in Zeta. Had they really wanted to cover point by point of every single weak unretrofitted aspects of Zeta that was barely skimmed over without going into detail, we would've had 70 episodes of Zeta minimum. MSG, Zeta, Wing, etc all went over various details of the plot in the anime with a weak skim-over and how were all of them patched up with more dimension. OVAs. Novels. Photonovels. Mangas. Side-Mangas. Staff Interviews. Magazines. This is what Gundam is about. If you choose to only look at one aspect of the Gundam universe, you're only looking at a grain of the whole picture. So much aspect of Zeta in terms of it's technological advancements of how MSG came to Zeta was covered in Advance of Zeta. CDA covered the whole Haman and Char relationship. Novels covered Amuro and Sayla. Astray covered up SEED. X-R-Astray all covered up each other. SEED novels added depth into Tolle and Miriallia's relationship and Kira's state of mind. Everything there is about Gundam is retrofitted with these. Experiencing Gundam means all these.

I can understand your opinion of rejecting canon the way you want, but as it stands, it all bulks up to just your opinion. You can reject canon as much as you want for thinking how canon ruins something in the terms of being illogical and not illogical, but that's how you work. I can respect that side of you, but understand that that you must also accept how canon works. No one will force you to accept canon if you're so strong-heartedly devoted to your views on canon relative to logic and non-logic, but at the same time, understand why we accept it. I want to believe you're capable of understanding why the variant of Shinn fans accept Shinn's Final Plus canonity, even if you reject it. It's all opinion, but as we see how your opinion has it's own basis, we have ours.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 09:00   Link #577
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I'm gonna need some type of proof to believe that...I'm not even sure if what you said makes any sense...A better explanation por favor...
It's quite old evidence, but just before either Astray or Seed was released, Newtype had multiple articles concerning Bandai's new cash-cow. One such article was on Astray manga, where it states a specific and major event is going to cross-over with Gundam Seed, and that you would need to read Astray in order to understand a missing part of the anime.

Ironically, this was a gimmick to improve Astray sales, but in the end the Astray manga-line has arguably became more successful than the animation-line.

I know first-hand how stubborn you are, WD. So you can be free to believe the evidence or not.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 10:59   Link #578
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
And if the idea that manga retrofitting/adding dimension to the series bothers you so much, you're better off never watching something called Gundam. Squawk, squawk, squawk, squawk...
I don't see how you still fail to understand me...I precisely word everything I say so I can't get played...What you said in that quote was not my full opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The manga trying to retrofit production errors in the anime doesn't sit well with me...
As you can see i meant retrofiting illogical production errors...not all retrofitting which is fine when it doesn't clash with the production in an illogical way...Since GSD is the first Gundam series of alltime to nearly stop production before it finished (Gundam X was cancelled, it didn't implode from the inside) many different explanations and plot-hole fixing seem to me to be a result of cleaning up dog doo-doo via the manga (or basically all I've heard)...In know way am I ignoring all the G mangas and sidestories with their great contributions for the most part...While I don't read many G mangas (I have read a few when I goto Barns and Nobles or online) I always have read the summaries of them as I have 2 Gundam official guides that overveiw nearly every one of them...I also read summaries provided on wiki aswell where I have read character profiles on every ASTRAY character where it lists all the crossover elements for the series...Here's the summary page in-case you thought I was bull$hiting which is in-addition to what i have read in my guides about the Zeta sidestories that you mention( Not to mention asking others who are more knowledgable on the topic and going to other G-sites to chat about stuff i don't know about)...Hell even Deacon_Blues (before I despised him) schooled me on loads of ASTRAY $hit and he seems to be pretty much the authority up in here when it comes to G-manga...So I think I have a pretty full vew of the Gundam picture thank you...Considering it's my favorite anime franchise and I'm talking about stuff here nearly every waking moment I thought you'd see that by now...

*Oh and for all those who think wiki is $hit, when you give me as much detailed info as they do you can talk, until then put a rice-ball in it....

And once again...as subtle a point as it is I might have to make it quite a loud one...Zeta was not a super-attention to detail, super-plot driven type of portrayle...It was a chaotic war drama where basically all the political intrigue was served to you on a platter...GSD wanted to be and tried to be this mind-challenging, super-detailed and plot oriented portrayle which it couldn't be because of loads of production errors so I look at their cover-ups and super non-sensical plot-holes a bit more harshly...It's not the same as in other G-series..which i have tried to explain to you more than once...You can't start pretending GSD was this linear, cut and paste effort when it was trying to be way more complexed than that and failed...So you can't just rely on your Zeta comparison...

Quote:
I want to believe you're capable of understanding why the variant of Shinn fans accept Shinn's Final Plus canonity, even if you reject it. It's all opinion, but as we see how your opinion has it's own basis, we have ours.
So you are a Shinn fan now?? Oh yeah that's right everyone and their mama is now ...Where is this variant?? I know one Shinn-fan tops that was pleased with Final Plus and that's cloudedge...Unless someone pulled an ASTRAY and retrofitted the forum with opinions about him I didn't know about I'd still say 80% of orginal Shinn fans reject his Final Plus canonical ending...


@VCV - I'll take your word for it....I still find it to be totally unbelievable but I won't press it any further as i can remember having this discussion more than a year ago...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-16 at 11:11.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 11:08   Link #579
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
You cant put Yzak ina MS unless you rank him down a bit, since hes allready a commander of his own unit. And we dont know jack about Shiho, in anime we saw her like 3 times maybe for 5 sec total, 1 of them being in ED
Shiho is featured prominately in the game Gundam Seed Destiny: GENERATION of CE for the PS2. She also made many appearances in the astray mangas.

From those materials, she appears to be a deadpan, serious and with an unflinching loyalty for Yzak (to the point where she'd lose her life for him). Essentially, she is a more devoted version of that 'other' character who was always with Zechs Marquis.

She joined Yzak after the original Rau team was broken up (Nicole dead, Dearka gone, Athrun missing). Official materials stated that she defected alongside Yzak during the last battles of both Seed and Destiny, but unlike Dearka, she was with Yzak this whole time.

She was supposed to have a role, but since (thank Goddess) Nami Tamaki rejected the opportunity to voice her, she ended up saying nothing at all except making cameos. Its a good thing, because we know what always happen to celeberity voiced characters in Gundam Seed/Destiny.

Now she will never die *Woot*!

Oh, and for those who are keeping track on the mangas, Shinn piloted the Impulse way before the first episode of Destiny. With no less than the Abyss, Chaos and Gaia as wingmen.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 11:24   Link #580
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I misunderstood your point in the sense that you look at GSD as a G-series with tons of wasted potential and a weak series that has production errors left and right. I don't. I see GSD as a piece of a universe, and that's why you choose to ignore the contributions of external factors to GSD while I cannot. I can argumentally judge GSD without it's side-ons, but that's beside the point here. And seeing your point of Zeta (( something I don't neccesarily agree on with the point of focality )), I won't push it any further. We've been through these one too many times now.

But please, I've always been a Shinn fan. The only character in GSD I'm not a fan of now and forever is Athrun. Original Shinn fans is just a term put off by those who's suspectible to Final Plus. I've liked Shinn even in the original Final version as his imminent reaction post-being beat by Athrun had shown how his character had seen the light of day. At least I've interpreted it that way. Final Plus served just as an extra extention to something Final skimmed over upon, which was the Shinn Shinn was before his imminent loss and the realization of his battles.

I defend my opinion of Shinn's character because I am a fan. The only difference is that I see the logic of how he became so, when you choose not to as a belief that the canon is illogical just as you think some of the retro-added details of Astray to you, is in your opinion non-canonical because it's illogical and doesn't serve to further your own opinion of better writing, pacing and believability. I defend the awesomeness and depth of Jona's character beyond "he must die for ruining AsuCaga and his fugly hair" because I am a fan. I assure you that I've never once bothered to defend any opinion towards Athrun, because I just can't be bothered and I gain pleasure from seeing the shit Athrun turned into in GSD. It didn't help one bit in improving GSD, but my fanboyism side just can help but smile each time I see Athrun emoing in GSD.

Oh, and 70% of the time, C.E Gundam related-wiki is shit to me cuz original...okay Chinese converted original material > wiki. Sadly, it's only 20% for other Gundam universe cuz UC novels are freaking hard to get. And it takes me months to read one volume due to my sucky Jap.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.