AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 19:00   Link #1
NeoSam

Joshi Kousei / Girl`s High School Students / High School Girls

Its based on a manga for young men.

It was serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Weekly Manga Action.

There's also a seinen novel (a novel for young men).

http://www.girls-high.net/

The site for Joshi Kousei from the publisher of the Joshi Kousei manga/novel:
http://www.futabasha.co.jp/ghs/

Edit:

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Manga Action.
There was 6 volumes out of this manga, but it seems like the publisher "redesigned" the manga volumes and re-released the manga volumes.

So now there are 3 volume out of this manga (got released on 12/1/2006), here are the covers:

Volumes 4, 5, and 6 of the manga will be released on 28/1/2006.
Here are the covers of manga volumes 4, 5, 6:

Volume 7 of the manga (which got released in March 2006).
Here is the cover:

There is also a seinen(young men's) novel thats based on the manga.
for now there are 3 volumes of this novel, here are the covers:

The manga stopped serialization in Manga Action magazine and continued in Comic High! magazine.

Joshi Kousei fan book:

Joshi Kousei is a seinen manga/novel/anime. (according to 7andy Joshi Kousei is a seinen manga).

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Ecchi

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-24 at 05:57.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 05:38   Link #2
NeoSam

The covers of the seinen(young men's) manga and novel were added to the first post.

And as I said once the covers of volumes 4, 5, and 6 of the seinen manga are out I'll post them.

Azumanga Daioh is a seinen manga/anime (in case someone likes to compare and then claim stuff).
Old 2006-01-23, 15:37   Link #3
Tsunehiko
J.K.T.

Send a message via AIM to Tsunehiko
Banzai!!!

I KNEW IT!

I knew that this manga was going to be serialized into an anime someday, and now the time has come! (Well, it doesn't start until April, but it's coming)

Not to mention it has a GREAT cast of seiyuu too!

I have all 6 volumes of the manga that have been released, and although just by the animation on the website, I can tell that this anime will not (unfortunately) be as well animated as the manga (which is the case for anime in general), but I'm still very much looking forward to it.

Granted the manga is very eechi, but it provided me as much or even more humor than even Azumanga Daioh.

The fact that the author herself went to an all-girls private school, probably contributes to it. So although much of the humor is 'ecchi' humor, it's still great. (For some people it may be the only saving grace - in a twisted way of course)

If any fansub group is going to pick this and would like to see the manga for reference, I'd be willing to scan them, so feel free to ask or PM.

Anyway, it's great news that Joshikosei is being anmated; it made my Day (^_^)
Tsunehiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 16:26   Link #4
Spuffy
オウカ~

Yeah, Joshi Kousei is great. I've bought all six volumes (the previous books) of it and the humour in it really fits my taste perfectly. I just really hope that the anime dares to keep all the dirty jokes as they are in the manga, because in the end, they are what makes it so fun and different. Girls that don't behave the way you would expect them to. And if they don't include the diet part I'll send my ninja assassin squad. That part was just plain brilliant. As are the ways they deal with the train molesters.

Btw, any idea if anything besides covers and pricing were changed after the redesign?
I'm really tempted to get the novels, and try to sell off the comics and get the new ones. The new covers just look so much better.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 19:07   Link #5
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Nearly two years ago, I read the High School Girls manga volume 1 back in the states and enjoyed it a lot. I wish I was able to afford to buy all existing volumes of that series.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 19:39   Link #6
Spuffy
オウカ~

It's really not that expensive to import. If you get them from Mangaoh they'll cost 3600 JPY for all six volumes and (using the weight of the books I have) some 2000 JPY for shipping. Around $58 all together.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 05:26   Link #7
NeoSam

I posted the covers of volumes 4, 5, 6 of this seinen manga, which got released on 28/1/2006.

The covers of this seinen manga/novel are in the first post of this thread.

Edit:

The images of these covers were replaced with much better looking images.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-02-03 at 05:48.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 19:16   Link #8
shadowplay
passive observer

Well, just read first two chapters and it was rather funny, looking forward to anime, hope it won't turn into debacle like Ichigo 100% TV.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:02   Link #9
Simon
気持ち悪い

I've read the first three volumes of the manga, and even with my pitiful Japanese vocab it had me in hysterics. I like how it manages to be so ecchi without falling into the tedious clichés of fanservice - the girls are fun, interesting characters who I think would appeal to viewers of both sexes. Here's hoping they don't get dumbed down for TV (is that what went wrong with Ichigo 100%?).

As an aside, the official site has been updated with release details for the OP/ED singles.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:18   Link #10
Simon
気持ち悪い

A bit more info about the anime, from CDJapan's listing for the first DVD box:

Quote:
First DVD box release in the silly, raunchy, girly pop comedy series "Joshi Kosei Girl's High." This "moe" series depicts the real life of a slightly-stupid high school girl with "stark" realism. Anime includes additional middle and elementary school stories not able to be included in the original manga. Box set includes episodes 1 through 4 on two discs (each with special footage) and deluxe booklet. Limited edition bonus includes a specially designed box and bonus CD with radio program, drama, and PC accessories.
(my emphasis)

I'd hardly put the manga in the simpering slop-bucket that is moe, so I hope they're using the term loosely...
Old 2006-02-26, 01:17   Link #11
NeoSam

Volume 7 of this seinen manga will be out on March 2006, I'll post the cover when its available.
Old 2006-03-04, 02:06   Link #12
Simon
気持ち悪い

Broadcast schedule is out, another April 3rd start. Anyone know who's going to be subbing this?
Old 2006-03-04, 04:32   Link #13
am1n

I don't like the seifuku, for an anime which deals with schoolgirls it's a bit bad,
but I will surely watch it, looks like it's rally funny, just to wait a few to see the first ep.

I'm lookin' forward to this thread anyway
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 09:02   Link #14
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

no no no this series is not like ichigo 100%.

trust me, its a WHOLE different kind of shock.

just read volume one and u will either be stunned or turned off....

but definately give this series a chance.
Old 2006-03-04, 19:07   Link #15
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Volume 7 of this seinen manga will be out on March 2006, I'll post the cover when its available.
There's also a fan book out at the end of March entitled 咲女学園案内 Sakijo School Guide ("Sakijo" = 山咲女子学園 Yamasaki Joshigakuen, the school where the series is set).

And to answer my own question, I see Yoroshiku are advertising for people to help sub this one (I get the feeling translators are going to be a limiting factor this season - let's hope this anime isn't one to miss out).
Old 2006-03-04, 22:01   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunehiko
...Not to mention it has a GREAT cast of seiyuu too!....
I'm looking forward to hearing them work together:
Nabatame Hitomi (Eriko, the smart protagonist),
Asano Masumi (Yuma, the friendly, spontaneous one),
Noto Mamiko (Ayano, the not-so-bright meganekko with a boyfiend) and
Yukino Satsuki (Kouda, the oddball drama queen)
are the main girls, with Shimizu Ai, Takahashi Mikako and others supporting them.

The home page has a picture of the girls with their names.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 17:57   Link #17
NeoSam

Here's the cover of volume 7 of the seinen manga Joshi Kousei:

Old 2006-03-16, 18:57   Link #18
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I'm looking forward to hearing them work together:
Nabatame Hitomi (Eriko, the smart protagonist),
Asano Masumi (Yuma, the friendly, spontaneous one),
Noto Mamiko (Ayano, the not-so-bright meganekko with a boyfiend) and
Yukino Satsuki (Kouda, the oddball drama queen)
are the main girls, with Shimizu Ai, Takahashi Mikako and others supporting them.

The home page has a picture of the girls with their names.
Great, Nabacchi and MamiMami in the same series once again. That bitch! www
Well at least Shizuka isn't there...but we shall find out/
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 09:29   Link #19
shadowplay
passive observer

Streaming promo movie is up

mms://wmt-od.stream.ne.jp/tdf/public/joshi/joshi_cf.wmv
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 03:50   Link #20
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

The dvd version of the special were out, too.

This show is madness.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen