AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-24, 07:44   Link #1
Cal-Reflector

How much is this worth?

Have been studying Japanese in Osaka for three weeks now. Yesterday, while combing through a BookOff (big national 2nd hand book store chain), I found a Gundam artbook titled "M.S. ERA Mobile Suit Gundam 0001-0080." Published by Bandai back in 1990. It's basically a simulated documentary photography album of the One-Year War.

I bought the book for 600 yen, and enjoyed browsing through the contents, in which the captions were all English with japanese translations. I'm not a gundam fan persay, but I'm curious as to what this book might be worth in the US. It's in very good condition.

The cover price of the book says 2800 yen. I understand that in 1999 there was a re-print/hard cover edition with the same content that sold for 3500 yen cover price.

A little help from the experts?
Old 2006-07-24, 16:13   Link #2
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
...I may not be an expert in this...but you may have landed someting rare. Original versions actually worth more than reprints (you have to take the value of the currency into account).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:19   Link #3
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
...I may not be an expert in this...but you may have landed someting rare. Original versions actually worth more than reprints (you have to take the value of the currency into account).
That's encouraging. The only hints I've landed about the value of this publication are two:

1)A Japanese gundam fansite, which contains sections of "Basic Gundam artbook information for fans." In which it stated that at the time of its initial release, MS ERA 0001-0080 reached "premium" status and were sold at exorbant prices. The price has since "settled" somewhat after the new edition's release.

2)One anonymous on 4chan who said he wished this book would pop up magically in his store in the United States.