AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 29 38.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 42.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 17.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-27, 12:10   Link #101
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Whats Carbuncle??? Gacha?
Carbucle is a GF form Final Fantasy 8. It is rabbit like creature with a jewel in the middle of it is forehead. When you summon it, it will jump out of the ground and cast reflect on everyone. Prety useless in combat but got some nice junction abilities.
Old 2006-07-28, 00:27   Link #102
jtrog

I thought the anti-drunk potion mix part was funny. Can you imagine something super sweet being poured into someting you had to drink after you were drunk?

Kuuya "never speak his name infront of me again!" - 1 second later "witsarnemitea was a false god?"

Ok percisly when Kuuya Amururineuruka took off her face coverings - I saw sakura-chan from ts chron.. the same faces seen in OP song. Changed after she started moving around and talking.

As the twins go for oboro there when he was talking about 'when it comes to these two, oh god' part. both of those twins appear to have 'female' hair styles and their names also ended with 'female' like letters - Dorii, Gura.
both certainly looked female as they were pictured laying there covered with the blanket.

when they are listening to oboro explain, they both gleefully put their hands up and their eyes radiate - have to be females here.

I sure hope for oboro they are. who knows maybe they can change forms as needed hehe.

BTW, awsome graphics and exceptional action. there is lots of movement all over. nice not having a all static background.
Old 2006-07-28, 04:16   Link #103
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Kuuyu's dialogue with Hakuoro made me look up the earlier episodes with Urutori. It seems that there is an ideological difference between Kuuyu's country and that of those under the winged people domain. Even Benawi follows Wita~'s teachings.

Not only that, but when I went to examine the OP, Kuuyu appears in the "we're the villains" shot( along with a glowing-red-eyed silent winged guy( right-hand man of Yue/Niwe)). Genji is there too, along with the leader of the winged people. Some of them are going to appear in Ep18, judging from the preview, which only leaves one mystery guy. The one at the middle bottom, dressed in blue. I wonder who the heck he is.

So... I guess this means that Kuuyu is going to be one of the main antagonists? Hehe, that would fun...

Cheers.
Old 2006-07-28, 04:47   Link #104
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

So that meant genjimaru will hve to face all of hakuaro's fighters...
Old 2006-07-28, 05:40   Link #105
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane

when I went to examine the OP, Kuuyu appears in the "we're the villains" shot( along with a glowing-red-eyed silent winged guy( right-hand man of Yue/Niwe)). Genji is there too, along with the leader of the winged people. Some of them are going to appear in Ep18, judging from the preview, which only leaves one mystery guy. The one at the middle bottom, dressed in blue. I wonder who the heck he is.

So... I guess this means that Kuuyu is going to be one of the main antagonists? Hehe, that would fun...
No, i think that were the "others, non-protagonists characters". Remember Genjimaru is an Evinkuruga, so he must fight just for justice. Unless he's a traitor or misunderstood Hakuoro again, i don't believe he will fight against him.
Old 2006-07-28, 08:44   Link #106
Guido

Overall, quite a nice and relaxed episode to deliver us from all the worries and angst that built during the Shikeripetim arc.

Yuzuha's voice is soothing to the point that I felt a bit sleepy.

For being a girl certainly Kuuya acts like a little boy, who can be easily impressed with tattle-tales.
From whom or where did she listen to all those rumors or bad stories about Hakuoro?

Oboro's bad day flow consistently through most of the episode.
His hangover from passing out cold along with the twins , having no other choice to comply Hakuoro in gulping Eruruu's misfit and mismatched remedy, and to top his great weakness- being hated by his little sister due wanting to skewer Gachatara for its liver.

And not even mentioning Touka whose ego regressed to spoiled, little girl wanting to keep on playing and cuddling Gachatara.
Old 2006-07-28, 09:45   Link #107
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Touka isn't a spoiled little girl. I want to cuddle Gachatara, too. ;_;
Old 2006-07-28, 12:22   Link #108
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Not only that, but when I went to examine the OP, Kuuyu appears in the "we're the villains" shot.
Well, you can also see the merchant in that shot , who is hardly a villain.
Old 2006-07-28, 12:44   Link #109
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Well, he was spying on Hakuoro earlier on, and the whole "I could have killed you if I were an assassin". Plus I'm sure the price he named for Gatcha was outrageous.
Old 2006-07-28, 12:59   Link #110
PastPrime

Quote:
Kuuyu's dialogue with Hakuoro made me look up the earlier episodes with Urutori. It seems that there is an ideological difference between Kuuyu's country and that of those under the winged people domain. Even Benawi follows Wita~'s teachings.
I wonder if that could be the difference in the White Wings and the Black Wings. Perhaps, normally, the Black Wing people follow Kuuyu's god.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-07-28, 17:47   Link #111
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Touka isn't a spoiled little girl. I want to cuddle Gachatara, too. ;_;
Cachatara is cute, but I wanna cuddle with Touka...and Eruuruu...and Dorii and Gura...and Kamyu...and Urutori...hehe. =3

I'd mention Karura for the cuddles, but she wouldn't go for that, for sure. She'd get freaky deaky, and pretty much make me (and most any guy) her little puppet and/or plaything. That...hmm...such a thing would be both and , and if you are man enough for her (few would be), it'd simply be a case of and such.
Old 2006-07-29, 00:32   Link #112
Green²
It's Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Well, he was spying on Hakuoro earlier on, and the whole "I could have killed you if I were an assassin". Plus I'm sure the price he named for Gatcha was outrageous.
Much less that Gachatara went crazy when Oboro had just looked at it wrong. Could only wonder what would happen should it encounter "the Beast".

Guy's very dirty IMO. And with the "spying" long ago, be that if it holds true to be what that really was, probably not gone unchecked, as Benawi probably already has his eye on him. ...Which this merchant as well would likely know. But what we don't know, I think, is on how many are aware of that "Beast".
Old 2006-07-29, 03:59   Link #113
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
Cachatara is cute, but I wanna cuddle with Touka...and Eruuruu...and Dorii and Gura...and Kamyu...and Urutori...hehe. =3
Dorii and Gura? I thought you firmly believed that they are male in the anime? I am seeing some Oboro action here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I wonder if that could be the difference in the White Wings and the Black Wings. Perhaps, normally, the Black Wing people follow Kuuyu's god.
That's an interesting observation, and it seems to make sense. Now, it would be even more of a shocker if the secret power that Kuuya mentions is actually found or related to Kamyu somehow. I actually want to see more of Kamyu's story now, when I think about it.
Old 2006-07-29, 06:35   Link #114
Lotiman

At last I saw Touka cute side when the merchant brought them the cute animal.
Old 2006-07-29, 08:03   Link #115
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Yep, that would happen. As for conquering the world by marriage, well, I cant exactly see him getting married to Niwe...
If the ruler isnt female, hakuro can always hope there is a princess to marry instead...

If there is none then, he always have demon mode as a backup...
Old 2006-07-29, 09:51   Link #116
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
So that meant genjimaru will hve to face all of hakuaro's fighters...
That would make for a very interesting scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
For being a girl certainly Kuuya acts like a little boy, who can be easily impressed with tattle-tales.
From whom or where did she listen to all those rumors or bad stories about Hakuoro?
She is quite young, if you haven noticed Does fit her, age- and gender-wise. In anycase, she does go on and on like an excited little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
Dorii and Gura? I thought you firmly believed that they are male in the anime? I am seeing some Oboro action here...
I wouldnt mind cuddling them actually... think of it as cuddling Shippou of Inuyasha; a little ruffling of fur here, a little tail playing there. Just dont let them get you drunk.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-29 at 10:01.
Old 2006-07-29, 13:03   Link #117
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Carbucle is a GF form Final Fantasy 8. It is rabbit like creature with a jewel in the middle of it is forehead. When you summon it, it will jump out of the ground and cast reflect on everyone. Prety useless in combat but got some nice junction abilities.
Um... no... Carbuncle is also the term given to a mythical beast reportedly sighted in the Americas by early Spanish conquistadors. Although no firm eyewitness accounts are available, they have been described as small creatures, either birds or mammals. It is certain that they wear gems on their foreheads; such gems come from the brains of dragons. According to myth, dragons have inside their brain a liquid that crystallizes into a solid gem when they die. According to superstition, it is good luck to catch a carbuncle. Originally spelt "Carbunkel".

Just FYI, all summons in FF games as well as any RPGs, are based off of mythology of the real world. Anyways, great episode, it seems like its jumping back into action again quite quickly.

Oh, Kuuyu is not a bad guy, If you've played the adventure game, you'd know that shes a good guy.
Old 2006-07-29, 23:22   Link #118
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon

'Tis true. Hey, I'm straight, but I have no problem admitting to how cute they are. Plus, I have a weakness for catgirls and dog girls and catboys and dog boys. They sometimes refer to it as "Mimi" characters, mimi being Japanese for ears, and this refers to anime characters that have a few animal-type traits, such as cat, dog, or bunny ears, animal-type tails, and wings, and so forth. Think of characters like Aisha from Outlaw Star or Inuyasha, or...most of the main characters of Utawarerumono. I love anime characters of this type.
Old 2006-07-29, 23:51   Link #119
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82
Oh, Kuuyu is not a bad guy, If you've played the adventure game, you'd know that shes a good guy.
Kuuya is not a guy. She is a very cute girl
Old 2006-07-29, 23:54   Link #120
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

Aw... I have not played any of the Utawarerumono games, and I was trying to have a bit of fun speculating.