AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-26, 10:03   Link #1
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Make a Summary

Both HiME and Otome, not to mention the mangas, are fairly complex tales. If you had to introduce someone to any of these four (HiME anime, HiME manga, Otome anime, Otome manga), what would you say in your "sales pitch"?

To get us started, I shall repost some old, really bad ones I used to (somehow) get a comrade in NGB-ing into them.

Quote:
My-Hime: Girls with magical powers to summon weapons and familiars to fight monsters and each other. (One-liner FTW!!11oneoneeleven)
My-Otome: In the "distant future", nanotechnology enables girls to acquire pseudo-magical power (Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.) and act as bodyguards for VIPs. The action centres around Garderobe, a training school for this purpose.

On paper, it sounds bad. I know. Once you get to the eighth episode, though, your opinion should change somewhat. I know I liked it after getting past the fourth episode. I still like them both.
*Rubs hands* I can tell this is going to be interesting...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2006-08-01, 15:27   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Your version isn't an add... its spoiler haven...
And it doesn't sound "Bad" ... it sounds childish ... witch is even worse
Mai Otome >> Fairy Tell Story... with 20-30 year old Girl-Knights in shiny armour...
Well... IMO... it should be as simple and as vague as possible... its an add after all... and its best to leave a little (actually a lot of) room for the show
Old 2006-08-02, 09:10   Link #3
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
It would depend on who I am talking to. I don't think a general description does the Mai Hime or Mai Otome justice.
Old 2006-08-14, 14:30   Link #4
ginseng

Since both anime are such a soup of genres, it's hard to find a compact way to describe them.

Mai-HiME: A large cast of Magical Girls are gathered at a school where evil rears its ugly head, with nefarious plots of intrigue set above a fusion of comedy, drama, romance, and fighting action.

Mai-OtoHiME: One young girl, on a quest to find out about her missing mother, follows her footsteps to a Magical Girl school filled with comedy, drama, romance, and fighting action, where girls are schooled into powerful battle angels. The various countries contract these girls for military purposes, with things turning to a head as time becomes ripe for a revolution.

Or something like that...
Old 2006-08-14, 23:30   Link #5
NaNash|

I have a shorter one.

Mai-HiME>>>>>>>A good anime

Mai-Otome>>>>>>A good anime

How's that?
Old 2006-08-16, 08:00   Link #6
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Let us try this again.

Quote:
Mai Tokiha thought she was an ordinary teenager until the day she conjured fire in self-defence. She learns that she is one of the HiME, a group dedicated to defending their school from the monstrous Orphans. However, there is more to life than monster-slaying, for two secret organisations have their sights on the powers of the HiME and will do their worse to get it.
Quote:
Amid chaos and destruction, a wounded woman sends a baby down a river. Fourteen years later, young Arika Yumemiya's quest to find the mother she never knew ends at Garderobe, training school for the Otome superwomen. Her journey is not ending but beginning anew, though, for the clues are few and the competition extends beyond mere harmless rivalry...
Any better, these?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Closed Thread